Post movies/television shows that make no fucking sense unless you read the book. I've finished half the book...

Post movies/television shows that make no fucking sense unless you read the book. I've finished half the book, decided to buy the movie and started watching it. Holy hell is it confusing without context.

This would make a better series.

Never heard of this one before, will look into it. Thanks user

I've only seen the tv miniseries. What was so hard to understand?

The mini series only explains about 75% of what's in the book (no big surprise). The book is 1400+ pages long and gives more details on the characters and events in the book. For example, Francis Goldsmiths mother died in the television series but in the book she is the hugest bitch ever who screamed at her when she was 5 for pissing on a family room carpet by mistake and has more love for that room than her own daughter. Just things like that.

this book is literally impossible to put into a TV show or movie. i honestly don't know why anyone has tried/is trying. I heard a rumor they were developing something with matthew mcconaughey.

ah, yeah I imagine the book would have way more character development. The show did seem to cut some corners, like the crazy bitch who took pills. Why did she take them, who gave them to her. but after seeing it I thought it was decent. I definitely didn't see a battle between good and evil coming.

The Criss Angel guy he plays in The Dark Tower is the bad guy in The Stand. It will be shit if that is his idea of teh character.

Thank you for reminding me. The crazy bitch with the pills is actually supposed to be a 50ish year old woman but for some reason they decided to make her younger (I believe she's also schizo). Also the girl who the deaf and retarded duo meet is supposed to be like 16 and she gives a bj to the deaf kid but they age her up for obvious reasons...also joe is supposed to be in his underwear because he's a savage (obvious reasons for clothes for a television series).

ALSO! In the telvision series, the psycho girl leaves the guy in the tent 'for reasons' but in the book, he actually leaves her cause she's puking up green shit and he thinks she died...Also, Mother Ab. has a fear of weasels (which the substitute for rats...guess rats are cheaper than weasels)

>she gives a bj to the deaf kid
Tries to

Picture related: 108 year old black woman beating weasels with a cane.

the opening third is damn good as he describes the world on the brink of war and introducing all the cast. then the nukes start hitting and you get to see everyone survive the nuclear winter and first months of the crisis, again, damn good.
then it fast forwards some years... and its still fine, but I love opening.

the stand is great because its a hangout book. you get to meet interesting characters and see them explore the empty country before the plot ramps up with walking dude. like most king, the story/ending is meh, but you love people.

no, she does in the book. Actually, I think they do have sex (he kinda just goes with the flow). Afterwords he's like, "yo, fuck that thot, I gotta give this pepto to my retarded 40 year old friend who is shitting his pants for eating rotten apples".

is the the walkin dude/flagg/man in black/what ever else, or someone else? mathew playing randal across multiple movies would be kino as fuck

You are confusing me now
>he actually leaves her cause she's puking up green shit and he thinks she died
In the book first he leaves the woman because she took high heels with her, they rejoin in the Lincoln tunnel, then later on she just finds her dead in the tent, overdosed

mccammon rarely discusses this book because so many people said it was a ripoff of the stand because it fucking is, which is fine

>she just finds her
*he

They are all the same person.

yeh i know im asking is mathew going to play flagg in the stand series he is talking about

I love the last third. I imagine it as a western kinda like McCabe and Mrs Miller. The Job mask is also a cool concept.

Personally if i had the choice, id read Swan Song over The Stand.

Sorry, was referring to when they are in the tents boning. Yeah, he leaves her twice but the second time cause he believe she died after he wakes up with a erection and wants to do some 4th-o-July screwing. In the tv show, she just leaves a note.

he meets her in a store and they fuck
he immediately doesn't like her when she makes fun of... oh fuck, MOON guy.
he basically tells her to fuck off and as they are leaving takes a few shots at them.

she recognizes MOON when he comes to vegas as a spy. that's about all she does in the books.

As far as I am concerned, if a book is good then who gives a shit if it's a copy. If anything, gives it a different direction to it.

Also off topic but THIS boy is a good boy and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

The Snowman. Even then the movie's still baffling.