Dumbing of Age

Tonight we have the third scene in three days, focusing now on the inane yammering of the psychopath and the inexplicably doting Dotty.

I can't believe I'd rather have more Becky.

Other urls found in this thread:

dumbingofage.com/tag/amazi-girl dorothy/page/3/
pastebin.com/5MwZPhsE
imgur.com/a/X5kU9
mediafire.com/folder/pi3rlni1v293g/DoA_and_Shortpacked
itswalky.deviantart.com/gallery/37947681/Pin-Up-Week
desuarchive.org/aco/thread/1131190
dropbox.com/s/gl9qih1wxs3p515/DumbingofSmut.docx?dl=0
thewebcomicsreview.tumblr.com/post/161228886915/hey-so-maybe-i-missed-something-but-how-the
dumbingofage.com/2013/comic/book-3/04-just-hangin-out-with-my-family/shockingreveal/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also, we get a bonus comic tonight. Howard ended up winning the vote, but somehow Willis dug down deep and managed to not make a copy/paste Game of Thrones strip.

Instead, we get Willis beating us over the head with a character's "evilness" for the second (or third?) time this week.

I *think* this is the exact spot where Dorothy dumped Danny at the very beginning of DoA. It's even at night, too.

OMG itz so funni, guise!

That would make it the same spot where Danny got dumped by Amazi-Girl, too.

>How little you apparently cared for them after all.
I guess we know the origin of Clint thinking that about Ruth, now.

This bonus strip could suggest that Grandpa treats Howard very well due to bonding over their more overt signs of grief. There's not even the expected clichéd army man going, "man up and stop crying, son" with Howard screaming back "I'm not your son! waaaah."

Such subtle and nuanced writing.

>ending with Dorothy and Amber outside in the dark
GEE
I SURE DON'T SEE HOW THIS COULD LEAD INTO A SCENE IN WHICH RAPIN' RYAN FINDS OUR TWO FOCAL CHARACTERS

BOY HOWDY WOULD IT BE CONVENIENT FOR RYAN WERE HE TO MYSTERIOUSLY APPEAR AT THIS VERY MOMENT IN TIME AND WITHIN RAPING DISTANCE OF THE TWO

But no, Willis couldn't possibly be that much of a hack.

Meanwhile,
is also stupid. So what if Ruth didn't cry? Not everybody expresses grief the same way. Being an Army veteran, Sir Clint should recognize that, unless he ended up in a squad full of grown men who openly cry at the concept of war or whatever happened in Vietnam.

There has to be a better motivation for Sir Clint to apparently heaps years of psychological and authoritarian abuse on Ruth than just "Because you didn't cry when I wanted you to cry."

Willis just said in the Patreon comments that it isn't those steps, but he now wishes he had thought of doing it there.

Honestly the incongruity of Clint in the last panel with what he's saying makes me feel the speech bubble was a last minute change.

>Dorthy dumps Walky at the exact same spot while Ethan tells Danny he's no longer interested in him a few feet away

The only way to exorcise the horrible relationship ending curse of the dorm entryway steps is for Danny and Sal to have wild, raunchy sex right there.

Why not just say it was? It's not like anyone else is autistic enough to even figure out enough to contradict him.

Because HE'S too autistic to let someone saying something incorrect about his precious, perfect IU architecture drawings.

It wasn't until I saw the comments below this strip that I actually understood what was happening here. Clint's wording sounds like sarcasm. Like the way you would say something to someone who doesn't need to be upset.

And she was probably just trying to stay strong for Howard. She probably cried later. Sometimes it doesn't sink in until hours, if not days or weeks, later.

Since when did Dorothy have a lady hard-on for Amazi-Girl and why would they need a "break"?

>Being an Army veteran
Yeah, the sarcasm in the last panel is weird, but I suppose Willis is going for "Even hardass vet, Clint, who played college ball at the University of Texas, is crying, so Ruth must not give a damn."

MAJOR NOTE:
New Walky/Dorothy pinup, which I'm pretty sure literally no one asked for.

AND

>Week 31 of Welcome to the Fuck Zone features Dorothy and Walky! Slipshine members can go check out the full image. After this, I’ll be taking a short break from the one-pagers to draw a short Slipshine comic story, as per the Olden Dayes Of Yore.

He has spent over half a year doing these stupid pinups.

She's been obsessed with interviewing her since the beginning.

dumbingofage.com/tag/amazi-girl dorothy/page/3/

Also, another note:
Due to Willis trying to appease certain people (I assume this, at least), Amazi-Girl and Amber are no longer tagged in the same strips.

When I did Amber + Dorothy, there were no Amazi-Girl strips.

Screw this. This is GirlAnon, and I'm going to refrain from commenting, because I'm incredibly annoyed.

This is not only because of Willis's profound misunderstanding of DID but also because it makes it more difficult to find strips with Amber in them, simply because AG is now a separate character.

Even Amber knows they're the same person, and Danny has pointed it out. Willis, stop this crap.

Wow... such hamfist
much forced.

>After this, I’ll be taking a short break from the one-pagers to draw a short Slipshine comic story, as per the Olden Dayes Of Yore.
Well, fuck.

>Clint is evil because he cries

Oh damn, finally a new Slipshine comic.

Wonder what the pairing is gonna be? It better not be Ruth/Billie or Walky/Dotty again.

>After this, I’ll be taking a short break from the one-pagers to draw a short Slipshine comic story, as per the Olden Dayes Of Yore.
Maybe we'll finally get some Becky/Dina smut

Do people legitimately like Willisshit?

>Clint is actually upset
>Recognizes that Howie is traumatized
>Recognizes that Ruth is a soulless fucking abomination with no real emotion beyond petty lust and rage

why is he the bad guy again?

People? Yes. I'm pretty sure you can say people like Willis.

Do the people in this thread? Pretty much a universal "no" or maybe a softer "not anymore".

>And she was probably just trying to stay strong for Howard. She probably cried later. Sometimes it doesn't sink in until hours, if not days or weeks, later.

>Yeah, the sarcasm in the last panel is weird, but I suppose Willis is going for "Even hardass vet, Clint, who played college ball at the University of Texas, is crying, so Ruth must not give a damn."

Ruth's depression manifests in her not really feeling anything most of the time. Part of the reason she likes Billie is that she can trigger an emotional response even if it's usually anger. Sounds super healthy, I know.

>Due to Willis trying to appease certain people (I assume this, at least), Amazi-Girl and Amber are no longer tagged in the same strips.
This has always been the case. Usually this follows the face blush = Amber, no blush = Amazi-Girl convention. There are strips with both of them when she switches from one to the other.

>There's a massive faucet of Lefty-trust fund money funneled into the shittiest panderingest comics.
>Even on hated by the bulk of their degenerate community for being TOO MUCH of an obnoxious shitheel makes a stupid amount of their crappy doodles.
>Still too lazy to bother writing and drawing.
Goddamn it...

>Ruth's depression manifests in her not really feeling anything most of the time. Part of the reason she likes Billie is that she can trigger an emotional response even if it's usually anger. Sounds super healthy, I know.
Here's the comic where she explains this. And there's another one where Billie wakes up to find her crying and Ruth tells Billie how that's actually a good thing.

Well I have nothing to really say about this one, other then I guess Willis thinks it's so funny to make a "it's not you, it's me" joke. But on the other hand is a fucking joke with "bad guy" Clint being an ass for no reason other then..... HE"S EVIL BOOOO!

>This has always been the case. Usually this follows the face blush = Amber, no blush = Amazi-Girl convention. There are strips with both of them when she switches from one to the other.
Was it? I could have sworn it always had both.

Yeah, as a repeat archive diver, I can confirm it used to have both tags, no matter what persona she was acting as in the comic.

He's lashing out because his daughter died and her daughter doesn't appear to be affected, not realizing that she copes with sadness by shutting it out.

Still, it is a strange choice for Clint to express that initially through mere sarcasm.

Where are the lewds

I specifically remember it being a pain in the ass to find certain strips because the tags were that granular. I even remember seeing only one Amazi-Girl tag when I was checking the original site background colour in the WaybackMachine for that Ryan strip compilation I did.

---“Joyce and Walky” Dump---
pastebin.com/5MwZPhsE

---Patreon-Only Bonus Strips---
imgur.com/a/X5kU9

---VA user’s generous voice-over work---
mediafire.com/folder/pi3rlni1v293g/DoA_and_Shortpacked

>Amber is his anger, Ruth/Billie are his alcoholism, Joyce is his sexual/religious frustrations, Ethan is his joy of fandom, etc. Danny is how Willis sees himself in the Roomies era, and has said that he very much dislikes the kind of person Danny is, similar in a way to how he initially created Mary as his dream girl only to realize he didn't actually like girls with her personality.

>So when Dorothy breaks up with Danny to fuck Walky, while Danny goes and fucks Amber only to end up gay for Ethan, you have Willis' aspirations breaking up with Willis' past to go fuck Willis' childishness, while Willis' past self-image goes to fuck Willis' anger issues, then stand around to be buttfucked by Willis' fandom love. Meanwhile, Willis' alcoholism is fucking itself because it's so sloshed it's seeing double.

You didn't see 'em here, bud.
Free Pinups
itswalky.deviantart.com/gallery/37947681/Pin-Up-Week

ACO Smut collection:
desuarchive.org/aco/thread/1131190

Smut Doc:
dropbox.com/s/gl9qih1wxs3p515/DumbingofSmut.docx?dl=0

Hmm, my guess is that he changed it at some point, most likely when Cerb starting projecting onto the personas.

Those hair stripes are freaking awful. That doesn't look even a little bit realistic.

Also, it appears that Clint has acquired Becky's power to turn their head around to an unnatural angle.

Exorcist-style or owl-style? Both?

thewebcomicsreview.tumblr.com/post/161228886915/hey-so-maybe-i-missed-something-but-how-the
>Hey, so, maybe I missed something, but how the fuck is Mary still living at the dorm? She blackmailed an RA leading (via a chain of events that she couldn’t predict) to said RA ending up in the hospital with suicidal depression. This is now widely known, and with Billie moving out, there’s nothing Mary holds over Ruth anymore.
>Is it some kind of mutually-assured destruction scenario, with Mary threatening to rat Billie out for assaulting her if Billie/Ruth out her blackmail? That would make sense, and even tie in to “Billie can’t punch her way out of all her problems/spite isn’t smart” thing with Clint by making Billie punching Mary a long-term terrible decision.
>But, and again I might have missed it somewhere, I don’t think it was ever explained?

>Mary calls out Ruth's unprofessional shenanigans and tries to get something out of not reporting them.
>In a seemingly unrelated incident, Carla skates through the hallways specifically to be annoying.
>Mary is annoyed and tries to stop Carla.
>Carla continues to pester Mary, almost blocking her in her room and then following her down the hallway for no real reason.
>Mary insults her.
>Ruth appears out of nowhere.
>Rather than admonishing Carla for breaking the rules, she gets mad at Mary.
>Mary reminds her of her transgressions.
>Ruth walks off.
>Carla psychologically torments Mary and then actually blocks her in her room.
>Nobody is bothered by this.
>Ruth sort of breaks up with Billie to keep Mary from reporting her.
>Ruth mopes because she removed her one source of feelings.
>Billie asks Carla to check on Ruth, in order to keep their relationship secret.
>Carla is bad at understanding depression and neglects Ruth.
>Carla finds out that depression is complex.
>Carla carries Billie like baby Simba through the hallway to announce their secret, apparently unethical relationship, also announcing Ruth's apparently suicidal intentions.
>Ruth goes to the mental hospital.
>Mary somehow planned this exact series of events.

Of all the leaps in logic, right?

Carla just wanted to roller skate in the dorms.

You're making that up, the tags have been separate for years. Contemporary comments on dumbingofage.com/2013/comic/book-3/04-just-hangin-out-with-my-family/shockingreveal/ (the first amazi-girl+amber strip) confirm that the tags were the same then as they are now.