This show is shit. Even ideas that should be interesting concepts like fighting Nazi Necromancers are turned boring

This show is shit. Even ideas that should be interesting concepts like fighting Nazi Necromancers are turned boring.

It was so much better when Sam and Dean were fighting very low level stuff in the earlier seasons because then it was reasonable they could take them on and it made it feel like Sam and Dean weren't the center of the fucking universe. But no, they get their hands dipped into killing literal Gods, and Dragons, and Leviathans, and Angels. And I can't help but think back to the times when they barely came out of dispelling one demon out of a person's body.

It's just so hard to believe. Is there ever a reason explaiend as to why Sam and Dean are the two most important lads in the universe? Honeslty, there might as well not be any other hunters because it seems that only Sam and Dean are so overpowered that they can literally kick the Devil's ass yet get their own asses handed to them later on by a single low level ghost.

Fuck this stupid fucking show. I'm halfway through season 12 and I have no idea why I'm putting myself through this torment. I guess I just want to see how this mess of a show ends if it ever does.

Yeah power creep hit this show pretty hard. It was originally supposed to end after season 5, but honestly season 1-2 are the best. 3-5 are still decent in terms of powerlevel increasing steadily while being explained in-show, but definitely have the whole "Sam and Dean are super special" plot line.

Then seasons like 6-8 were fucking trash. Season 9 on is, well, power creep runaway wtf, but at least it's semi coherent again just from a characterization standpoint.

J2 and Misha are fun though and I hope it keeps going as long as they're all interested in doing it, cuz I have love for them more than the show itself at this point.

Youre right op,when they were just fighting monster of the week this show was way more comfy but then the whole angels/hell/heaven shit become too overbearing,I think ive stopped watching this in that season where sam comes back from hell

All I want is for monsters to feel like proper monsters again. And for Sam and Dean stop killing literal gods and literal Hitler. Because the production value just isn't high enough to make those big things work out unless it has good direction, and Supernatural just doesn't have good direction. There was one episode in season 11 though. It was a standout good episode with great cinematography and great writing. It was out of place in that it was so damn good. I wish whoever made that episode could stay on and make every episode of Supernatural from now on.

I was with this show from the beginning, but it's a wonder how I even made it past season 5 and I dropped it a few seasons ago. It feels like every season is just an even bigger and badder "big bad," but ultimately no matter what, no matter what entity it is and what importance it has to whatever plot is going on, it always comes down to a few people who rolled through an Old Navy clearance rack standing around in an empty lot talking.

I think the straw that broke the camel's back for me was when the demon Dean thing ended up lasting like a few episodes, I was stoked for him to become an antagonist for at least a season or so.

Well they are special because they are the most good looking of all the hunters.

Oh god, this is fucking bad.

Safe House? It was maximum kino.

No, I don't think so. It was the one where Sam and Dean went to a small town and there was a small bit where for some reason we followed a girl taking their car on a joy ride for a little while.

But the best part of the episode is where Sam, or maybe it was Dean, fell asleep and he saw there father talking to them while driving the car. It was great. It was moody. It felt like I was watching an episode from the first 3 seasons. And then Dean gets ambushed in the car and only near the end of the episode do we see Sam again as Dean pulls back up in his car. They had a head in the car for a small time.

Oh wait, I remember what episode it was now. It was episode 4 of season 11 titled "Baby". That particular episode was excellent.

That's Baby. Episode filmed entirely from the perspective of the Impala. A bold idea (something which is very appreciated from a show in it's 11th season) which was executed decently. It was good, but most other people are way bigger on the episode than I am.

Safe House was a monster of the week about an entity which would come out and feed on children every 30 years until ultimately defeated. The narrative followed Bobby and Rufus hunting the monster in 1985 with Sam+Dean hunting it in 2015, where each team can interact with the other in a limited capacity via time travel. It's excellent, and probably one of my top 5 episodes.

I admit, I thought Safe House was decent. But I loved episode 4. I just wish that whoever directed that particular episode made more of them. Hell, I'd like for him to get his own entire season.

Remember Golden Eyes? He was really cool. I miss him. I almost wish the show would bring him back somehow because he was the best villain of the entire show. But I also don't because they'd just ruin him.

I thought he was only really memorable in the context of the special children plot. They milked as much as they could out of him with the time travel episodes, though.

Yeah, but he was intimidating and he stood out. And he was mysterious and you dind't know what his plan was. He felt like he was unstoppable AND two steps ahead of everyone.

IM TOO DEEP IN IT TO LEAVE IT NOW

So is Season 12 any good?

>and literal Hitler.
When I was watching that ep, I thought it would have been cool if he got away and started building up a movement and the Winchesters spent the rest of the season fighting Hitler and his minions. Totally campy, but at least not "the big bad evil is dead, OH WAIT THERE'S ANOTHER EVEN WORSE EVIL OUT THERE"

That's what went through my mind as well. But then I remember back to when it felt like they were building up Dr. Jeckel as a major bad and in the end they only got like one or two episodes before the entire group was killed.

And it didn't feel like they killed Hitler either. In fact, that guy might have just been pretending to be Hitler for all anyone knew, cause he didn't look like Hitler, and everyone seemed surprised by the way Hitler was behaving even though they've supposedly personally known Hitler. I don't know why they didn't just use that Hitler look alike they had hired from the flashback.

nailed it the power creep started to get silly where fighting reg monsters didnt feel as intense anymore

Just feels like a discount version of the x files to me. My girlfriend loves this show but has never seen the x files or any other good shows for that matter and it makes me rage inside a little.

>Dean kills Death
>The next death incarnate, Billy, hates the Winchesters because they keep breaking promises and coming back to life
>Billy keeps making Deals with them anyway
>Winchesters keep breaking their deals
>Billy makes a deal that kills and then brings them back to life so they can break out of prison
>They break the deal again and this time they kill BIlly

Why the fuck do people make deals with Winchesters when they keep fucking breaking them, and people who do deal with them tend to fucking die?

2>1>3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>every other season

Season 11 was actually semi decent for a small while. I'd at least separate it from "every other season" and put it slightly below five.

Haven't watched season 13 yet. Is it any good?