The DCEUs future

With wonder woman getting good reviews, what's your outlook on the DCEU now?

I still want a sequel to Man of Steel and a Director for the flash movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MyVPh3Usrho
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm just glad it didn't sucked.

>With wonder woman getting good reviews, what's your outlook on the DCEU now?
Who fucking knows? The movie isn't even out, and we have no idea how they can use whatever is going right in WW in their other movies.

I certainly have a bit more hope, but just like with Fox and Logan, I suspect it's more likely that this is a happy accident than the start of a pattern.

I have a feeling there will be some good movies and some bad movies, based more on the creative teams behind each one than on the IP farm it belongs to.

Kind of like the MCU.

>I still want a sequel to Man of Steel
Absolutely.
With Matt Reeves taken my picks are Gareth Edwards (godzilla 14, rogue one) or Brad Bird (iron giant, mission impossible 4) with Michael Giacchino on the score...

I don't know. Zack Snyder was shit, but with Joss "le funny man" Whedon taking over the Justice League film, it can end up sucking even worse.

DC should give up making films for now

>No man of steel sequel
>Nothing on Justice League Dark
>Only news on Shazam is that the Pebble is playing black Adam
>Only thing we know about the Batman is that the Penguin is the villain

I hope we hear more at comic con. I'm optimistic but extremely cautious.

I kinda stopped caring about 3 years ago.

Joss is only adding scenes Zack already planned to add himself. Everything we are getting is what Zack wanted (thank god).

>>Only thing we know about the Batman is that the Penguin is the villain
What the fuck are you talking about?

Didn't the guy from frozen tease that he was casted as the penguin?

It's great that WONDIE is actually going well, but zack still had a hand in justice league - until justice league is proven to be good, I'll be waiting.

>Company keeping shit under wraps so that people can enjoy the movie without needing to constantly obsess over things beforehand, that way they can limit the self-aggrandizing internet nerds arriving at disappointment in the direction they took before they even get to the theater
Bravo, WB. You cucked the dumbies on Sup Forums

>man of steel was 17 years ago

It feels like yesterday Zack Snyder raped Superman

Gotham City Sirens and Captain Marvel are probably gonna be looked over more and pushed

I guess your right. But 2018 feels like a downgrade with DC movies with only Aquaman.

I'm pretty sure they're working on the Man of Steel sequel right now. Johns just followed one of the directors who said he wants to work on it.

Folks thought he was but he said he wasnt.

>nothing on JL Dark

This. We only heard that Del Toro was apart of it. That's the only Cape movie I want to see desu.

>No news on lobo

You'd think DC would be shilling Lobo more due to the success of Deadpool.

That's pretty neat. I read one rumor that Alfred molina would be penguin instead.

Aquaman will probably be very interesting. Supposedly the concept art they showed for Atlantis is really interesting - and it will be similarly to what could have been done more with Thor and the sequel, of creating an entirely new universe of visuals - except that it will be on Earth.

Plus Mamoa has already done enough preventative work against the 'talks to fish' jokes - it will likely be the next well-received movie.

Dark Universe (aka Justice League Dark) lost Liman recently, which is a shame, he's got a good story-telling skill, was interested and is good visually and with action - that's a real loss. Since Hellboy is NOW going to happen without GDT, they should really push Del Toro to get off his ass and make a film - I finally saw the animated version and except for all the forced-upon-us Batman, it was a good concept for how to do a movie. They already did Enchantress so they've introduced magic in the DCEU. They need to use Black Adam here, the same way they did Flash and Batman in SS, but keep with the casting ideas they have already.

>Justice League Dark
user, I have some bad news for you...

>I still want a sequel to Man of Steel
Not a chance in hell, but get ready for a new Wonder Woman trilogy.

>Captcha: Cemetary EXPO
What the DCEU was up until this point.

I hope it makes money so they don't turn it into the Batmanverse.

I'm more excited for DC movies more than ever.

>what's your outlook on the DCEU now?

Wonder Woman 2 will be fast tracked and replace The Flash (hah!) in the release cycle.

The in development female-led DC films will replace the ones no one cares about like Cyborg.

Who said WW was good? Most of the reviews were WE NEEDED A WW MOVIE IN THIS TIME.

GDT left it a while back, they hired Doug Liman (the better Bourne movies) but he just left the job.

Sirens would be a good follow-up for 2019 - they are going to do a Black Adam film before the introduce Billy, why - I don't know, unless it's all about the Wizard giving him his power first. Apparently, Henry and The Rock have talked about a versus movie for Black Adam and Superman so perhaps he'll be a secondary villain for the sequel to MoS? I can't see them making him a main villain, something more like some of the storylines from the 52 weekly series, where Adam is being manipulated into being bad, or some such? And Clark needs to step in as the only heavy hitter who can oppose him?

Please let Aquaman be good please let Aquaman be good...

Still shit

Let's wait and see how Wonder Woman does at the box office before we proclaim the DCEU "saved."

Aquaman & Black Panther are the films I am most excited about long term easily.

HAHAHA it went from 95% to 96%

Fucking niggers and underwater spics.

well projections have been going up since the twitter embargo went up and is probably going to help it even more

>LEGO Batman Movie
>Wonder Woman

Can DC go 3 for 3 this year?

Snyder BTFO

Toxic masculinity BTFO

Funny, quirky DCEU is the new kino

2017 is the year of miracles

>a sequel to Man of Steel
Yes this. Call it "Man of Tomorrow" please.

>LEGO Batman Movie

I remember when the treads for this before it came out were full of claims that this would make more money that BvS, yadda yadda. It's a DC movie, so yes, WB will make plenty on these.

Wonder Woman was softly tracking at $80 million, with the good word of mouth on some of these reviews and from the previews/sneaks (they had three of them in LA, not counting the premiere this past Thursday) and with no real competition from the hold overs (given how Baywatch tanked and Pirates seriously underperformed), it should do a nice opening and perform comparably to the other DCEU movies. JL should make as much as SS.

They really need to nail down a director for The Flash so they can release it next year.

>(hah!)
Hah! You're so darn clever and funny, user! Hah! How witty of you! And it's good that you find yourself so humorous too, considering the laugh your post.

Hah!

Just get Snyder the fuck away from having a directing/overseeing position of the whole DCEU and things will inevitably improve.

He is a great visionary but he is a god awful story teller, and he doesn't understand what makes the DC universe special.

I have to admit, there's a part of me disappointed the reviews are good.

Then again, I don't know if that BvS shitstorm could ever happen again.

>7/10
>good
Congratulations, it's Marvel tier. DCEU is officially normie level

>Snyder BTFO
>Toxic masculinity BTFO

Snyder used his Toxic Masculinity to even get a WB to consider a WW movie. You're welcome legbeard.

I just want a solo Batffleck movie.

> all of dceus films with female leads do well
> dceu becomes a feminist movie paradise

It's going to be a apocalyptic tragedy if Batman's fight scenes in his stand alone movie aren't choreographed as well as the warehouse fight.
Utterly incredible sequence.
youtube.com/watch?v=MyVPh3Usrho

Woman is the future now

When is the MCU gonna get a good movie?