Why?!

why?!

Wow. They did a really bad job.

Deadlines.

W-what is that thing on the left?

Man, just look at that lack of personality in the crowd, it's like the artist literally just copy pasted stock character models in.

I honestly don't see the appeal of reading comic books about bands, is always cringey as fuck and it comes off as trying to appeal pretentious douches

What is everyone on the left looking at? It's like they are avoiding America and r looking at Kate or at something at Kate's left.

Except for Riri, her eyes are trying to roll to the back of her skull.

I'm guessing a variant to America or maybe Champions?

Love and Rockets isn't about a band, the band on the cover in universe is supposed to be quite shitty too, outside of the lead guitarist

L+R is a series I've always wanted to read.. It sounds stupid, but does anyone have a definitive reading list? I know the world building they do is something huge, just with all the characters and stories they've written for 30 + years

Any help would be great, sorry if the request seems so easy to answer

I think you can just read the paperback re-releases in order

It's the cover to the most recently solicited America issue

Google the reading order by fantagraphics

>What is everyone on the left looking at?

What the fuck is Kate doing? Does she know she's not plugged in?

What the fuck is even the point of a comic about music when, gee I dunno IT DOESNT HAVE FUCKING SOUND

Why does everyone in the audience look smug as fuck?

Do you remember Scud the Disposable Assassin? It actually gave you a soundtrack to listen to while reading.

Isn't Love and Rockets an L.A story?

What the fuck is the cultural connection to New York Puerto Rican's?

didn't Young Liars and Wicked + Divine do this?

Depends on whether you want to read Jaime or Gilbert. It's best to start with Jaime's Locas books as they're more accessible. The order of the Locas TPBs is:

Maggie the Mechanic (the most SF of the books, after this the SF aspects largely disappear until Return of the Ti-Girls)
The Girl from H.O.P.P.E.R.S.
Perla La Loca
Penny Century
Esperanza

Following that there's 8 volumes of Love and Rockets: New Stories. Some of Jaime's stories from these are also collected in separate trades, Return of the Ti-Girls and The Love Bunglers. Then there's the current Love and Rockets Magazine, which has 2 issues so far.

To cover Gilbert, we'd need a whole lot more space.

all Latinos are the same in Gabby Rivera's mind

Something that triggers cis scum