Post TLJ depression thread

How is everyone doing? Is anyone else worried episode 9 will be somehow worse and ruin Luke/the OT even more?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PW4OIHDsWsM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, because I'm not going to watch it.

I have no interest in seeing how this series plays out.

This. Not worried about it all, TLJ killed all hype or excitement that I felt about the series

I am not seeing episode 9 except select clips camcorded onto youtube for the memes

I probably wont even watch it, I have no interest in these movie anymore.
I gave them the benefit of the doubt with TFA but TLJ just killed every ounce of enthusiasm I had for the future of Star Wars

I haven't seen star wars in probably a decade but I plan to watch episode 9 and pretend it's good just to spite you all.

I stopped coming here years ago. Finding a place where the way I felt about this movie is echoed sensibly, thoughtfully, and with lament. I feel a terrible thing has been done to perhaps *the* great cinema experience of the 20th century. I honestly think they broke it.

No. I'm so utterly out of fucks to give about Star Wars.

Do something else with your life.

Star Wars is moving on without you.

>Movie is about cherishing the past but ultimately realizing the things you cherish and the people you love die, so you should look towards the future and what you can pass on to the next generation

of course manchildren don't like it

This movie isn’t canon to me. I’ll keep enjoying the original 6 and the good bits of the EU. I don’t have to care about some weird Reylo stuff on fanfiction.net, so why do I have to care about this?
I’ll probably see Episode IX once out of morbid curiosity, but I’ll do so by buying a ticket to another movie and walking into a different theater. Fuck the Mouse.

>Kill it if you have to
Try harder shill

How are those suns able to exist that close to each other?

>overanalysizes a bad bad movie to shame people who dislike it

damn...

prove they are they same distance away without consulting eu shit.

>movie has theme
>movie must be good
>movie is actually bad
>upsets people who were looking forward to it
>”no u dumb it hav good theem”
Also, you are aware that many of those themes of moving on and finding real purpose are in Blade Runner 2049 and Sup Forums has been sperging out all over that movie, right?

>taking a line that's said by the VILLAIN who is shown to be WRONG time and time again

the joke is that Kylo is trying to burn everything down because he's so insecure and unsure of himself, to the point that he fails his ultimate goal at the end of the movie because he's too busy chasing a ghost of his uncle

but of course you're going to ignore all of this because HURR DURR DISNEY FEMINIST JEWS RUINING MAH STAR WARS

Same. I wish I had not seen eight. And I'll be damned if the trailer didn't really have me throbbing.

Not being underaged, I had the whole despair/ trilogy ruined experience back with the prequels when it was so much worse. Darth Vader was no longer badass, 'the chosen one!', Boba Fett was just a guy in a suit all along, R2D2 was not just some droid. TLJ is not a good movie, but it has nowhere near the lore spoiling powers of the prequels.

It's liberating in a way.

>Cherishing the past

They literally burn it down and repeat the phrase 'let the past die, kill it if you have to'
Try harder shill

Listened to the Heir to the Empire audiobook. Played Jedi Outcast. Playing KotOR. I'm doing fine.

This. One of the first things I said coming out of the theater after "That was the worst Star Wars movie I've ever seen" and "Attack of the Clones was 10x better" was "I don't even want to watch Episode IX"

I unironically like what they did with luke, but I wish it played out over two movies and luke had more action scenes

The rest of the movie was garbage aside from Kylo, even his lamest moment (JOIN ME AND WE CAN RULE TOGETHER) can be explained by him being a confused and arrogant fanboy

Admiral Holdor is legitimately worse than Jar-jar. At least Jar-Jar was somewhat helpful to the protagonists.

Fuck man, this must be what it's like to lose a child to sex slavers

I'll watch it eventually, I'm just not paying to do so at the movies. I'm still never going to forgive them for Hyperspace ramming ruining Star Wars forever.

Don't forget they're going to have to address this in the next film

>Finn: It's a shame we can't just Hyperspace Ram all the other Star Destroyers
>Poe: Yes, that's right Finn. Ever since Admiral Holdor's brave sacrifice, we knew the First Order was going to develop Anti-Hyperspace Ramming technology... and they did.
>Finn: Yes, a real shame.

I only payed to watch Rogue one which i dont think was 7 & 8 levels of bad. Pretty bad still but watchable.
I pirated 7 and have no intention of every seeing 8. I d rather stick to my 1-6 + Clone Wars headcannon

TLJ was such a dogshit I don't concider Disney Wars canon

The eve I watched it I laughed and thought Star Wars is burning now, luckily that they didn't done this do 40k, a setting I really love. The Days after I was sad, because I realised that even if I like other settings more nowadays it was Star Wars that got me into Sci-Fi and I thought about how many SW Lego Stuff I fucking got as a kid because I loved it so much. Now I only feel burning rage.

Even if they pull a hat trick and make IX awesome (which is nearly impossible given the main resistance actors suck) I still won't pay to see it. Pay back for VIII.

Next up in the star wars franchise. Han Solo. Member the falcon, member the kessel run?

Wonder what they're going to do with Carrie...

I wonder if her dorky looking daughter, Billie will be in every scene again

>Three_Body_problem.jpg

Can someone answer for me, any TLJ defends or somerthing, but why did Rey suffer NO consequences from immediately falling for the temptation of the darkside? She asks what it is, Luke said "it's dark side don't do it" then she immediately jumps into the dark side hole. Luke is super fearful of her when she exits her trance, but then he continues training her anyway? You think if he's so fucked up from training a dark jedi up, he wouldn't kleep trianing someone like rey who immediately fell for the dark hole's temptation right?

Even my shill friends defending this movie can't explain this to me. Even if it was defensible it's just obviously a direct rip off of when Luke goes into the tree to fight ghost vader. Does TLJ contain an ounce of originality at all?

I haven't seen it yet. Is it REALLY as bad as Sup Forums makes it out to be? I won't spend a penny going to the theatre for it but I was considering watching it at some point if a friend gets it or something. But with what I've seen around here, the reactions and the tweets and articles I see posted, I don't know if I should watch it at all. I got the og OT as a kid during its last VHS release before the Special Edition came out and for a long time SW was my favorite series, I don't want to ruin it for myself any more.

I think I spend all my hatred on TFA, I don't care all that much anymore.

>Does TLJ contain an ounce of originality at all?
Only in its "deconstructive" elements, which are really just destructive.

>Movie is about cherishing the past
>"Let the past die, kill it if you have to"

Can’t blame them for turning in bland performances when they’re given a shitty script describing characters without any traits whatsoever.

>Is anyone else worried episode 9 will be somehow worse
it's already worse, they've written themselves into a corner

I think she's going to be "woke" and truly balanced in the force, dark side, light side, it's all fine

A red sun means it's either a red dwarf, which would be a lot smaller than G type star so must be much closer to have the same apparent size. Alternative it could be a red giant which would be much bigger than G type star so must be much further away to have the same apparent size.

That is assuming the atmosphere isn't colouring the stars too much, that would depend on atmosphere composition.

I looked at an album of TLJ set pics and felt sad. I have no idea how anyone can salvage the mess Rian Johnson left behind.

I actually liked TFA and the new characters it introduced, such a shame to see them wasted like this.

It’s arguably worse.

>Even if they pull a hat trick and make IX awesome
How is this even possible?

>There are no good characters left
>The Rebels are in virtually the exact same position they were at the end of 7
>The primary antagonist was killed off in favour of one that is most likely being set up for a redemption story meaning Hux will be the new major villain
>Rey has defeated everyone she faced, including the now major villain

Obviously it has to hit the story beats that Rebels defeat the Empire and win but who even cares how that happens? They fucked up this series so badly.

Just watch BR2049 and all your cares will fade away. Because suddenly Star Wars doesn't matter anymore.

Rian Johnson isn't responsible for the Han Solo movie, and anyone who isnt a wikifag knows Rogue One was shit because it had nothing to say besides explaining why the death star had an exhaust port

It barely deconstructs. It plays out the old for 95% of the old scene, then does the opposite of what originally happened, and then repeats.
It only destroys, it provides no new analysis or new ideas about what it ruined.
Fuck post-modernism and fuck Rian Johnson.

Luke doesn't actually train Rey at any point after that, though.

What the fuck was Return of the Jedi about then? It ends with the ghosts of the past looking on happily at Luke and Leia, the future.

Feels bad.

I still really love X-Wings and the rest. I am going to try to pretend Feminist Soy Wars isn't happening and retreat further in to the adventures in my head.

I am certainly never giving Das Maus any more money.

And I am angry enough about what progressives and feminists have done to all my hobbies to wish vengeance upon them.

>Is anyone else worried episode 9
No, TLJ killed my interest. I'm not paying money to see it. I'll read the synopsis on wikipedia and enjoy the fallout

Whoa

But TLJ still clings to the OT like a baby on a tit, so this theme is stupid.

those are just force ghosts not real ghosts. They are very much alive and able to burn trees.

I thought 7 was pretty good, but my god 8 was a trainwreck. Probably wont bother watching 9 until it's pirate-able

>worried episode 9 will be somehow worse

irrelevant, I'm not watching any more new Star Wars

Because even if 7 was a rip off of a ANH, it left some interesting plot threads that 8 smashed into the ground.

Episode 9 can not be good now.

That Marxist Feminist Propaganda and Selling People Plastic Star Wars Tat make uncomfortable bedfellows is part of the movies problem.

>Don't forget they're going to have to address this in the next film
no way they're just going to ignore it and maybe bring it up again when it's convenient

To me I want them to go full out SJW. I want them to double down, no wait, triple down on this shit! I want them to show us cis straight white men a thing or two

>>I want Rey to be a carpet muncher, the first gay jedi
>>I want them to hire Leslie jones as a jedi student of Rey and they have her be as obnoxious as possible, with a catchphrase like “honker donkey doo!!”
>>Luke’s force ghost gets destroyed cause rey needs his power or something, just so they can make sure luke dies off of the canon. Like Rey eats his force ghost cause he’s too toxic.
>> Lena Dunham is also one of Rey’s jedi students but also Rey’s gay lover. Yeah, imagine that anal prolapse of a human slapping clams with Daisy Ridley! Show us straight white men
>>give Finn a Afro
>>give Poe a poncho
>>I wanna see hux die from inflation with the Nappa death face on. Fitting ending to his character arc.
>>I want the rebel alliance to be full of nothing but BBW of color. Need diversity of body shape as well as body color! I want so that not one rebel soldier could fit into a size 30
>>I want rey to use stupid force powers. Leia can fly so let rey fly as well. Let her shoot kamehamehas and dragon shout and tons of other stupid shit
>>QUIPS!!! More QUIPS!!! Cause if I was in a life or death scenario I know I’d be making dozens of puns!
>>let’s deconstruct even more. It’s such a good idea that we need to do even more of it too!
>>make Rey somehow birth hersetl. We can’t have it that she was born from a relationship that involves a penis, that would be rape. Somehow Rey was able to perpetuate herself with her own feminine vagina powers.
>> more feminism. Last movie was pretty sexist since it showed men doing actually competent thing. Need to change their toxic masculinity .
>>have rey fight a ressurected darth Vader and darth maul at the same time. We must establish she is the bestest jedi ever.
I hope this happens on episode 9 so badly.

They have a whole herd of elephants to affectedly ignore already. It isn't like one more is going to hurt.

What are you talking about?

My point was that Return of the Jedi has exactly the same theme as TLJ - handing over to a new generation. It boggles my mind that the shills call it new or refreshing.

See you at the theater.

nah man it was about shitting on the trinity. Points for effort though.

>depression

It's a fucking movie user, get your shit together.

A lot of star systems are binary.

You retard Kylo was talking to Rey not you faggot. Kys Disney fuckwit

Explain.

this please Disney. I won't watch it anyway so I at least want some good memes to come of it.

Return actually handed things over to the new generation. TLJ, and TFA as well, shits on the previous generation and doesn't allow them to go out with dignity. It does this while not properly setting up the new generation or giving the audience any reason to care about them.

Contact your local suicide hotlines fellow anons!

lukes projection kissing leias head and winking at 3po was the only thing that gave me real feels. I fundamentally disagreed with everything else they did with his character.

I could go on with this wahhh he was my hero shit and its true but ffs more of the same will happen tonother franchises just gotta enjoy and reflect on when it was at its best

All our hope now resides in the Techno Union Army.

youtu.be/PW4OIHDsWsM

Help me convince the dude who made this to make one for TLJ and the destruction of the First Order's fleet. It's like the Star Wars Rickroll.

I couldn't even fully enjoy that, because the dice he passed weren't real and a droid shouldn't be able to see a force projection.

Rian, you need to realise you made a mistake.
It's in the past now. You need your strength to overcome it

The prequels didn't make the OT completely pointless and shit on everything in it

Agree about Luke, Johnson rushed through it so much in his weird fucking frenzy to kill Luke because "the spotlight needed to be on the new characters"

J.J. must be creaming himself. He just has to release anything that isn't a complete turd and he'll be hailed as a savior because ep. 8 lowered the bar so much.

VIII has killed my interest in what they do next. I doubt I'd even watch IX for free, never mind pay for it. But I'll admit that I'll be following its takings and audience scores, and poking fun at it if it's a failure.

luke will be a sardonic forceghost sidekick

The best thing that came out of TLJ was me finally not giving a genuine shit about the Star Wars saga anymore. Nothing really interesting is left. My only hope is that there's some kind of terrible shipping in IX that BTFOs half of the fanbase.
Also watching the OT now kinda cements that the Lukes between the two trilogy are virtually unrecognizable from each other. He's just a fragment or a fart of an idea now.
>lukes projection kissing leias head and winking at 3po was the only thing that gave me real feels.
I felt this too but I'm thinking it was more due to the imagery of Luke being reunited with his beloved sister. Characters sharing brief but important tender moments without dumb quips was what the OT kino.

It's too late. VIII wasn't just a bad film, its existence in canon ruins everything that comes before and after it. Unless JJ pulls a Dallas and says it was all a dream (and makes it clear that he's doing this in interviews or in the first trailer), those fans aren't coming back.

It won't be. JewJew has you right where you want him. You'll all praise ep9 on release and only later will you realise how undeserved it was.

Autism

>You'll all praise ep9
lmao

In the sense that we'll have a bunch of "JJ did it again! Saviour of Star Wars" posts for a week or two.

True, but they'll all be by shills.

This. Probably the only thing I would pay money for at this point the Obi-Wan movie

Nah, my dude, just another shitty, poorly thought-out, convention-breaking scene in a movie filled with them. I shouldn't have to ignore dumb shit to enjoy the scene.

Based. People who gave TLJ the benefit of doubt after TFA deserve what they got.