Why aren't you fruitcocks talking about any image comics in here...

Why aren't you fruitcocks talking about any image comics in here? Jesus jizzing on my waffles are you guys a bunch of cock milkers. This place is as open to non capeshit as my sister is to going down on me. And trust me, I asked her, multiple times.

Image comics

i want a maxx reboot goddammit

Proof is a great comic, and i recommend it
It's also supposed to get hardcover collected edition, but it hasn't been released yet for whatever reason.

Anyone got some recommendations for me based on that?

Isn't Image where the capeshit rejects go to?

We talk about Invincible all the time.

most of their lineup looks really boring

I don't get if this is an ironic try hard bait post, if this is actually a bad shill with edgy Chan culture, or if Ryan Reynolds is in character posting on Sup Forums

How's Eleanor & The Egret going?

People talk about image comics here all the time.
They just don't talk about the company cause why would you none of it is connected.

Ya just have a thread about Saga or a thread about Paper Girls etc.

Why?
It's a fantastic book that didn't get old at all.

Soo....

The worst of what they have to offer? No Black Science, The Black Monday Murders, God Country, Curse Words, shit, even Plastic is pretty good.

>The worst of what they have to offer?
The worst they have to offer is the fact you can't get invested in a good series, because the writer or the artist will fuck something up and never realease anything ever for decades after the first five or six months.

Anything by Ales Kot is usually a solid contender.

Hey I enjoy waiting half a year for each new issue of Southern Bastards. I'm sure it's caused by how long does it take for Latour to put his scribbles on paper and not by the fact they're better paid by Disney, those indie superstars.

Warner Bros pays shills to only talk about DC here

I get that they do not have a shared universe but do they have an equivalent to like mike magnolia where one guy created a bunch of connecting books?

Kirkman has a couple of books in the same universe as Invincible.

What kind of sister wouldnt fuck her brother?

>Image comics
>Not capeshit

Ales Kot is at least different than generic Sci fi/fantasy comic#2548

>as my sister is to going down on me. And trust me, I asked her, multiple times.
My English is a bit poor. You mean you want to fuck your sister?

reading
>Monstress
>Seven to Eternity
>The Black Monday Murders
>Autumnlands
>God Country

may continue Dead and the Dying but delays kinda killed my interest in it.

Well yeah, his repertoire ranges from bad angsty political comics to bad sci/fi fantasy comics which is more diverse than somebody writing trash sci-fi/fantasy comics, I'll give him that.

Then find books with authors who can keep a schedule. A lot of books do a trade and take a 2 month break and then a trade again, that's pretty much the standard format now at Image
That's Top Cow

Because Image is seriously crap.

$0.05 has been deposited in your WB account

Injection is excellent. Really underrated.

He's still better than bland writers like Memender and Hackman.

because company wars are ripe for shitposting.

>Extremity
>Head Lopper
>Manifest Destiny
>Stray Bullets
>Kot
His politics irritate me, but at least he swung for the fences. I'd rather "too weird" than "boring."

The Wicked + The Divine is the best superhero comic going right now.

Looks like some edgy try hard shit only a teenager would like

yes and after 2 trades it's a coin flip if it ever continues
with a warren ellis comics it's more like a 90% chance

It's written by Kieron Gillen.

Anyone else read Material? It was pretentious as hell but I enjoyed it anyway. Gave me a bit of A Scanner Darkly vibe.

Because they're either 2deep4you with no real substance or boring gorefest

Marky mark and his merry murder men of mystery is my papi.

>Chew is over
>Prophet is over
>8house cancelled
>Orc Stain is MIA
>Multiple Warheads is MIA
>Invincible is ending soon

Except for Saga, I really have nothing left...

read Monstress and Black Magick, whenever that comes back

Has this ever been ripped/scanned?

Come on, everyone knows it's Sup Forums - Marvel & DC

mirror is still going, pretty sure arclight is too

Weirdly enough, I have nothing against Kot as a person or against his politics. I just think he's a bad writer fwiw
He tries the whole 'weird' vibe, but it just doesn't work. I'm sure he believes he is 'weird' because he watches David Lynch and Serbian experimental kino and thinks he's just like that, but it just comes across as pointless tryharding.
Morrison or Moore are people whose typical writing I'd describe as "too weird" and some may be so, but they can write a good story with or without weird vibes. Ales Kot has yet to accomplish this because McDonald's level self-referentiality and quoting sociology papers can't pass for substance.

was storytimes on FCBD. was fun.
I read the first issue of arclight but it didn't grab my attention at all

that's what bugs me about Kot's writing. It's not enough that he references things, he has to cite his references so you know how smart and well-read he is.

>BLAH BLAH BLAH no one ever posts/talks about non-capeshit BLAH BLAH BLAH
>just makes a shitty whining thread rather than actually storytime a non-capeshit comic
Gee, I wonder why no one fucking talks about non-capeshit. Really activates my almonds.

storytiming is dead

>People storytiming the entire Venom storyline
>People currently storytiming Planet Hulk/World War Hulk
>s-storytiming is dead

Keep making excuses as to why no one reads your shit. Anything to avoid posting it so people can see why only hipsters give a shit about non-cape shit.

Not for those of us who hate Captcha to unreasonable levels.

No offense but this is one of the only image titles that I was really disapointed with.

How does Ellis manage to still generate hype for his new comics? Don't his fans realize by this point what a flake he is and how unlikely it is he'll finish a story?

That about sums it up

>storytimes have 9-10 unique IPs including OP when they used to have 50+
>long storytimes are way less frequent after the minute timer was added
>not every new comic is storytimed on Wednesday, including capes
maybe dead was too hyperbolic but "dying" is certainly accurate. Between the minute timer on images, OPs no longer being able to bump their own thread, and just general disinterest, no one is bothering doing storytimes. Stuff like Hulk and Venom are flukes, not regularities like they used to be.

I like tha,t but he needs to get better at it and only cite the actual relevant stuff. citing a few words and titles doesn't do anything besides be pretentious.

>Eleanor & The Egret
What's wrong with the original, you twat? Too old for you?

yeah but 8house isn't canceled

Besides Invicible, Brit, and tech jacket, I haven't found any image comics I like. Everything else sounds boring and dumb and has shitty art.

but I agree that Sup Forums is a marvel vs DC shit flinging shit show though and it gets kinda old. 10 threads about wonder woman's fucking rotten tomato score, 10 more for the marvelshill reaction to that.

I used to do it but they increased the timer and I'm not buying a pass

Considering how crap his writing his, it's safe to assume that is fans aren't the thinking type so of course that thought didn't cross their minds.

>has shitty art.
most Image books have far better art than DC and Marvel. What are you comparing it to? Humanoids?

For the people recommending Montress, what's good about it?

this. a minute timer for pictures means it take a half an hour to post a single comic. And if I want to do a trade? Forget it.

can you get scripts for storytiming

Kippa

>storytimes have 9-10 unique IPs including OP when they used to have 50+
Yeah, but many of the current storytimes have been various Rebirth titles that the fans have already read recently, so there's not much to discuss. The Venom storytime got a lot more replies since the majority of it wasn't stuff the fans read in the past week.

It's not people getting bored of storytimes, it's OP's picking low hanging fruit for their storytimes. I remember storytiming Four Women a while back, it got a lot of replies since most people hadn't seen it before.

I want people talk about No Mercy. Shit is glorious.

More like where they go when they make a name for themselves writing Marvel but want that sweet creator's rights dosh when they sell to studios.

the last Hulk storytime had 9 IPs

the current one is literally just the OP

Art is the biggest reason, but if you were a fan of the Majorie Liu X-23 this character is kinda a spin off, except more violent and angry and doesn't have to censor shit like Marvel forces you to.

I am also a fan of world building and this is a nice high fantasy world meets a touch of steampunk. And rather than a european influenced by asian culture it's an asian culture influenced by something like Roman culture. Also, it deals with Lovecrafian ancient gods, so that's another tick on my liking box.

I recommend downloading the first trade at least, although the story is getting better as it goes.

Kot just strikes me as being fake and as you say a tryhard. Really attempting to be seen as the next Morrison/Moore but just seems phoney to me.

do talk, I never read.

>talking about any image movie/tv pitches in here?

Fixed.

I only like I Hate Fairyland and Black Science.
Almost every Image comic is a shoddy sci-fi movie pitch and/or ultra SJW-bait garbage.
Stokoe should release more Orc Stain and make Image great again.

>Black Science
>not a shoddy sci-fi movie pitch

At least the art is good.

idk man, most of it looks like pic related, sort of a faux-modern kind of style that hurts my eyes

So I'm reading:
>Curse Words
>Black Magick
>Black Road (I think this ended with 10, actually)
>Deadly Class
>Descender
>East of West
>Injection
>Kill or Be Killed
>Old Guard
>Paper Girls
>Royal City
>Saga
>The Wicked + The Divine

Are there any new Velocity comics? Last one was 2010 I think

>that
>Bad

far better than most of marvel. And for any book like that you can find 2 like this

I love I Hate Fairyland. It's fun as fuck.

she was in those Topcow crossovers, Artifacts

In an almost all-female cast, a literal bitch slaughters a bunch of other non-literal bitches but they all look beautiful so it's tragic.

A dog kills a bunch of people?

No monthly comic this past decade deserved an eisner more than Sex Criminals and it is a goddamn TRAVESTY that the book is so sloooooooooooooow.

Also Rat Queens has the best lead characters in comivs today.

yes

only the dog looks like a hot chick

shoo shoo tumblr

Wolf, dog, what's the difference?

shoo shoo pol

Rat Queens is garbage and Sex Criminals is vastly overrated

What about Saga?

You have crappy taste.

Saga is american comics catching up with Europe.

Yes, it is up there with the greatest that space operas have to offer. But as with Sex Criminals, its success is also an indictment on the american mainstream comic book industry: yes, it does what it does better than most french and japanese comics: but that it took the market THIS LONG to do it is on some level upsetting.

>Saga
>Sex Criminals
>good
this is why I don't like talking about indie comics, you get shitheads like this with no standards

This is why I don't like it that there's no moderation on the boards: you get no-life shitposters trolling for yous.

I don't see how that's any different than any other thread on Sup Forums.

Saga became SJW trash.
>nearly every main character is ethnic, gay, cross-dresses, or a mix of the above.
>the only two hetero normative characters become drug using lunatics, with one attempting suicide due to being a miserable father and the other descending into a degenerate existence of overeating and addiction.
The Will as a fat jobless loser getting cucked by Lying cat to some colored chick married to a woman twice her age is the pinnacle of this comic's bullshit. Fuck Saga. I fucking loved it until it got all preachy

>Saga became SJW trash.
Aaaaaaaaand I'm out.

>became
it was like that since Vol 1.
Honestly, I'd recommend reading the first volume. If you think it's okay, then go ahead, the story doesn't really get significantly better or worse afterwards.
Also, you should see if you like Prince Robot or not. Whether you like him or not is usually a deciding factor in your enjoyment of the series

It was always SJW trash.

>became
>BECAME
it always was, it's just you fags didn't care like you do now. Everything triggers you

It wasnt blatant at the beginning. It still felt like a Romeo and Juliet with weird fucking aestetics instead of PROGRESSIVES! IN! SPAAAAACE!

I will agree that people should check it out if the first volume looks interesting. I disagree that it doesnt decline in story telling after a while however. Pandering aside, the overuse of cliffhangers gets numbing after a bit.

>Saga
>anywhere near stuff like Metabarons or Prophet
>or even LOSH and Warlock/Silver Surfer/Thanos Quest/that whole business
consider suicide