Wait a minute, hold on here...

Wait a minute, hold on here. Are we really supposed to believe less than a 100 died in an attack destroying a city inhabitated by millions? Despite suffering an alien army invasion that can fly and with massive skyscrapers brought down? What the fuck?!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-m6UKS1L0YQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The government always makes up numbers. Sometimes it benefits them to enlarge the number, sometimes it benefits them to shrink it.

So how many people did die then?

Better heroes do a better job. Superman had aliens in orbit for weeks. Avengers kicked their shit in the moment they showed up

So tell me exactly, how do six people, most of them that can't even fly, contain an invading army that is capable of flight and each one equipped with a weapon?

Maybe the kiddies really can't deal with the proper consequences of battle.

Just under 3000.

In Marvel's magical world, it's fully plausible that some guy from the 40's alongside 30 cops can evacuate a city of millions in the span of minutes.

But hey, so long as we don't have to have our action spectacle questioned to us, it's fine. I can go home with the knowledge that the skyscraper coming down was just innocent fun and nobody was hurt ever as mandated by Marvel's magical universe.

post 9/11 the police and firefighters have excellent escape plans. The avengers held off the attack from spreading, emergency services got everyone out.

Just face it their better heroes then your DC cucks

It's physically impossible to evacuate a city of millions that fast, even if every single citizen would be prepared for it.

>The Avengers held off the attack
Explain to me, how does foot bound Avengers hold off an army of FLYING aliens?

>3 of them are trained on the (in universe) highest military and spy level, not on a farm.
>2 of them are the (in universe) most intelligent people on the planet, one of them is super rich and has access to (in universe) highest level of tech, and the other one is a giant green monster
>one of the is a god
>they had help from the police and shield. >notice how the policemen are prioritising to help civilians instead of trying to fight aliens with a knife

On top of these, the civilian deaths were acknowledged.

None of this explains how you evacuate a city of millions in mere minutes. Especially when the military wasn't even around to help out. A police force of a few thousand is not equipped in evacuating all of New York.

The city wasn't entirely evacuated though, none of the movies even pretend that was the case.

They didn't have to evacuate the city, just get the people in the surrounding area to secure locations.

>Explain to me, how does foot bound Avengers hold off an army of FLYING aliens?

....did you watch the fucking movie?

Like they do with holocaust?

Exactly.

What would be a secure location under an attack of thousands of flying aliens set on killing humans? How do you even contain an army with four guys and a whore?

Midtown Manhattan population is roughly 400.000, stop with the millions already.

And I remember you and another autist argue about the number on a thread a couple days ago.

Now consider the following:
In the 9/11 attack, 3000 people died. The two towers and the immediate near areas had over 15000 people there during the (direct to the buildings) attack.

Now that accounts for 20%, and it was achieved as I said with a direct attack.

Now, in Avengers, you have a swarm attack that is immediately responded to and post 9/11 evacuation times.

How the fuck is it so hard for you to comprehend that it was possible to keep casualties to a mininum, in a universe with superpowered people?

And, like I said, the important thing is that the casualties are acknowledged.
In MoS, first time the casualties were acknowledged was when a reporter asked Zack Snyder why there was no acknowledgement of the thousands of people that died and he said "only 5000 died tho"

The subways bro. They say it in the movie. Those are places with choke point entrances that cops could defend more easily. As for the army of aliens..... pic related.

ITT: people who paid no fucking attention to what Captain America was saying to anyone during the invasion.

Explain to me, exactly why would the aliens not seek out the outer parts of the city not evacuated? They're an army numbering in the thousands.

>Now, in Avengers, you have a swarm attack that is immediately responded to
Oh yeah? Then where's the military, who actually handles mass evacuations? Normal cops aren't equipped for that.

>How the fuck is it so hard for you to comprehend that it was possible to keep casualties to a mininum, in a universe with superpowered people?
They weren't doing jack shit in comparison to the thousands of flying aliens. They were just sitting there except for Iron Man. The man who led a giant alien downtown wrecking an entire skyscraper.

Just posting this and I'll hide the thread.

Avengers New Yorkers weren't retards staring at a light crushing buildings and chosing to evac long after the attack started. Goes to show dceu universe is filled with idiots

> He didn't watch the movie and thinks all the albums were flying

Shield exist. Dceu doesn't have that

Yeah man it's totally plausible for a city of millions to evacuate themselves in mere minutes.

More like the MCU is filled with retarded logic holes all so the audience can feel that the action is innocent and FUN.

>Explain to me, exactly why would the aliens not seek out the outer parts of the city not evacuated?
Maybe because instead of spreading thorough the whole city like morons, they preferred to first secure and fortify the area from which they were crawling like an organised army should?

>Explain to me, exactly why would the aliens not seek out the outer parts of the city not evacuated? They're an army numbering in the thousands.

Because they were directly attacked by the Avengers. Are you autistic? Whether they had proper army tactics or insurgent tactics, when someone attacks you, you attack back, or you tactically defend.

Oh yeah? Then where's the military, who actually handles mass evacuations?
On their way I guess.

>Normal cops aren't equipped for that.
Do you live in a village? Every security personel and even normal people inside companies are trained for that stuff.

>They weren't doing jack shit in comparison to the thousands of flying aliens. They were just sitting there except for Iron Man. The man who led a giant alien downtown wrecking an entire skyscraper.

They did enough, as evidenced by the low number of casualties. You mad?
And btw, post picture/video of entire skyscrapper being wrecked.

Why would a flying army need to "fortify" itself. They can fly, their enemies can't.
>Because they were directly attacked by the Avengers
You mean by Iron Man. The rest were doing jack shit but throwing the occasional punch that has no dent on a massive army.

>They did enough, as evidenced by the low number of casualties.
Damn now you're really getting mad. So you're willing to bet just how fucking retarded Avengers climax is because it says it's all OK?

All of New York was fucking leveled to the ground. That shit has a death toll of 10.000+ people. Not fucking 12. Disney assumes you a child.

Post pictures/videos or you're wrong.

I'd find it more questionable if after the researched influence of the Asgardians the people in charge knew of extraterrestrial threats since Cap and especially after Thor and yet made zero preparations for such an invasion scenario.

>Why would a flying army need to "fortify" itself. They can fly, their enemies can't.
Because they're here to conquer, not raid and pillage. What good would flying around and shooting at people do them? The military was presumably coming, the aliens needed a fortified base from which they could defend themselves and launch further organised attacks. If they would split into some shitty raiding groups randomly flying around and killing shit, military would eliminate them one by one without problem.
>All of New York was fucking leveled to the ground.
Except it wasn't. The whole battle takes place on an area of a dozen blocks top. We don't even see half of Manhattan's districts to be a part of the battlefield, let alone whole New Yorks'.

>invade a planet when you know their military is too strong for you
Good plan there CGI aliens! Fortified positions means jack shit against Tomahawk missiles.

Except it wasn't. You keep claiming that the entire city was evacuated, and that thousands of flying aliens were there.

The battle took place around maybe 3 blocks around Stark tower, during the very early morning, so there weren't many people even in the area yet. Cap, Hawkeye, and Widow spent most of the fight literally going around helping people escape the combat area, aided by the cops, who coordinated their entire effort based on Cap's plan to lead everyone out underground so they wouldn't be caught in the fight.
Thor was bottlenecking the portal keeping the actual number of aliens around maybe 100 or so instead of "thousands". Iron Man was maintaining the perimeter, and Hulk was leaping from building to building crushing anyone the other two missed.

I'm glad the aliens were kind enough to isolate themselves like that instead of doing the smart thing and spreading out and killing as many civilians as possible to thin out the Avengers.

But hey, fuck that we have a Hulk!!1!

t. 12 year old who never had a military training

It was a good plan though. Loki and the Chitauri weren't there to take over. Thanos just needed canon fodder to see what sort of defences earth had. Remember that this was at the time when they explicitly said that Loki's staff did not have an Infinity Stone, so there was no loss for Thanos no matter who won. It would just serve as a reference for him for when he does need to face them.

Yeah because if I was an alien army I would totally limit my operations to exactly the small area my enemies wanted me to be when I can fly anywhere and wreck havoc and spread them out and demoralize them.

>They are locking us away from out portal, blocking our reinforcements(or any serious battle force really) from entering the combat and are threatening to destroy it, leaving us without help or escape route!
>Yeah, we better spread out and shoot some more civilians!

To be honest if anything, this whole "plan" was just retarded on Aliens/Loki part

chitauri troops are near-mindless drones and their main strategy is to zerg rush in formation

hell the current crisis in the comics includes wave upon wave of chitauri ships smashing themselves into a planet-wide forcefield to their fiery deaths because they just plain don't have the agency to come up with a new plan on their own

You don't spread your enemy out when you decide to aimlessly "wreck havoc" with your units, you just spread yourself out.
Now you've got forces occupied with the very important duty of vandalizing the Earther's out of service vending machines at the edge of the city instead of securing entry for the rest of the invasion coming in.

Focusing forces effectively is just standard shit, no competent general's first order is telling his men to just run around like headless chickens hoping it will really upset the opponent eventually.

Demoralizing is unlikely to happen within all of less than a day of combat.

That user is right, you've got the strategic aptitude of an child knocking over blocks.

I love how OPs entire argument went from "death toll to low", "while city was destroyed" to "but dumb aliens"
Yes. We know they are dumb. They were shown to be very dumb and under the command of a showboating jealous kid brother who went off script and invaded too early. No one, it even the movie, is claiming otherwise.

Explain to me, how does an army of thousands, spread themselves out against five guys, three of them more or less entirely useless?

They literally straight walk to the Avengers according to you. With zero civilian casualties. Because luckily for us these are good aliens who never attack bystanders.

Huh, an excuse to post these pics.

>casualties
>74
That blast alone would've taken out 74+ people. You can fucking see the civilians.

That blast maybe hitting 6 cars took out over 74 people? I know a lot of times people tend to cram themselves into taxis, but it's not a fucking clown car.

>how does an army of thousands, spread themselves out against five guys,
As you suggested, to just "fly anywhere" with no objective.
Focusing offense on the Avengers, the only opposition actively impeding their advance, makes sense. The two guys blowing each other behind the counter of Starbucks aren't going anywhere or doing anything.

Because the main invasion force was still on it's way, what we saw was just an advance guard with a job of securing the portal until it arrives. And there weren't thousands of them, it was few hundred tops. You don't spread out to hunt civilians, when your one job is to secure this one single point. The point which your enemies, no matter how many of them there is, are currently trying to destroy and from what you know, more organised military is on its way.
That being said, these numbers ARE too fucking low, unless we're counting on the most optimistic variant possible.

>post 9/11 the police and firefighters have excellent escape plans

What? No we don't. They literally just tell us to wait for a FEMA representative to set up a cold zone. Then we just wait everything out like everyone else.

In case of another attack on New York since 911 means you'll be stuck there for days. Bridges and tunnels will be closed immediately. The only thing authorized will be ferrys from Staten Island and New Jersey.

time to rewatch these scenes bc goddamn some of you are super fucking wrong.

Cap tells the cops to lead people into basements and tunnels, away from the major fighting, and to make a perimeter "as far back as 39th"

assuming the avengers building takes the place of the metlife building as it always has in the mcu, cap would be standing in front of 42nd, with the rear of the building being 45th. so a three block radius around stark tower was the initial fight area, the brunt of damage being taken by midtown, with a few scragglers damaging parts of hell's kitchen

you'll notice there's nobody in any of those cars

But you're not, you've obviously not been part of any army, because no proper strategist will tell his men to spread out and kill themselves because that will help them take that foreign terittory.

not defending that guy but
>avengers!loki
>proper strategist
>chitauri
>not expendable drone-class fighters

now granted, they didnt know that theyd get the *entire* rest of the fleet nuked, but hey clearly couldve kept sending wave after wave

37 dead bc of kahn is waaaay more bullshit

Explosions are more powerful then you think

These aren't weapon explosions Albert, it's cars exploding from the fire.

>474 billion (unclear currency)
I'm no economist or whatever expertise is required to evaluate disasters but fucking hell, was it the lost Vibranium? I just can't see that Sokovian shit hole being that valuable.

Everyone in those helicarriers were hydra so probably werent counted in the casualties

Wasnt cap's strategy to specifically makes themselves the biggest threats in the fight so aliens attack them instead of random civilians?

Fuck me, I just noticed the omega symbol in the ground.

>A police force of a few thousand
Bruh, NYC has over 34000 cops. It's the biggest police force in the country.

youtube.com/watch?v=-m6UKS1L0YQ

>Loki's gonna keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need.
>Until we can close that portal our priority is containment
>Barton [...] call out patterns and strays.
>Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything that gets more than three blocks out you turn it back or you turn it to ash.
>Thor, you bottleneck the portal, slow them down.
>[...] keep the fighting here.

In the span of 2 and a half minutes you're given a half dozen reiterations of "make this battle small and contained to limit casualties". Meanwhile all people in this thread are going to focus on is >I don't see how that's a party
and how dumb Cap's cowl looks, because unless the movie is dour as fuck you don't need to actually pay attention.

>>Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything that gets more than three blocks out you turn it back or you turn it to ash.
How did Stark contain thousands of flying aliens again? And Thor was fighting Loki.

>thousands
A couple hundred at best and he was only containing the fraction of that that wasn't defending the cube.

No one else seems to mention this but both sides are fighting over a Macguffin that determines the final course of the battle. It makes no sense that they'd leave the cube undefended because the second it gets turned off the entire army drops dead.

>And Thor was fighting Loki
No, Thor was on top of a skyscraper shooting lighting at the portal. If you want to complain about something, complain about when he stops doing that and instead starts fighting individual dudes with the Hulk on top of the serpent back.

>thousands

I think they were trillions m8

> Dc retards stand there and stare at buildings getting crushed
> Marvel use city evacuation procedure #11

what is Dceu filled with retards?

carrier isnt civies

The Chitauri weren't out to kill, they were clearly intent on capturing and securing civilians. Remember the hostage situation in the bank? Loki wanted to rule the planet. Not much point to that if everyone's dead.

BRUH

The Chitauri were dumb as fuck. They were shooting at empty cars.

>Why would a flying army need to "fortify" itself. They can fly, their enemies can't.

Humans have jet fighters and SHIELD probably has jetpacks.

Not even remotely close.

>In case of another attack on New York since 911 means you'll be stuck there for days. Bridges and tunnels will be closed immediately. The only thing authorized will be ferrys from Staten Island and New Jersey.

Why would you say that? On 9/11, and again during the great blackout, the inbound lanes of bridges were closed to cars so they could be FULLY DEDICATED TO FOOT TRAFFIC so people could evacuate.

Even during Superstorm Sandy, the bridges weren't closed.

Aside: There are also a lot more ferries serving Manhattan than there were 15 years ago, too.

>WW turns out to be at least decent
>Snyderfags' reaction is to double down on their anti-MCU shitposting and senseless defense of MoS, BvS and SS instead of focusing on positive things

And you can tell it's always the same people, it's always about the "argument" OP presented, the fact that the MCU is too immature or that Disney is secretly losing money on these movies because they supposedly spent a quadrillion dollars just to get the rights. We've had that last discussion in particular just couple of hours ago in a thread, and yesterday it happened twice on Sup Forums

Jesus

>The Chitauri weren't out to kill, they were clearly intent on capturing and securing civilians. Remember the hostage situation in the bank?
In a deleted sequence it's shown that what they were doing was gathering large groups of Humans together and blasting them with a vaporising blast. It got cut because it was part of a whole series of scenes involving a cafe waitress that has a crush on Steve that was a waste of time.

Go back

I believe it was in the movie actually. The waitress is never properly introduced but she's still in the movie and makes that small speech about the Acengers in the news

It's called supress fire. For the last time, if you have no idea about arms and strategy, stick with martha

>less than 100
246, which they clarified as people directly killed as a result of the avengers actions ie. hulk drops rubble on civilian by accident, not the total casualties

>In a deleted sequence it's shown that what they were doing was gathering large groups of Humans together and blasting them with a vaporising blast.

That seems like an utterly pointless waste of time. What would that even accomplish?

Supressing fire or supressive fire.

Not saying that you're wrong, but who and where said that and how does it relate to ?

>All these people arguing about wether the invasion and the aliens' strategies were realistic or not

Writing 101, people. Realism isn't the issue, if the movie established that enough civilians escaped and that the Chtauri didn't spread too much, giving reasons to explain or directly showing it (Cap giving evacuation instructions, Hawkeye shooting down ships that were going too far etc.) then that's indeed what happened, period

It's an action adventure movie about dudes in spandex fighting an alien army, that's as much realism as you're going to get, the writing just has to make sure there's nothing that makes the audience immediately go "hey, but that couldn't have happened"

Throwing out real life statistics and personal opinions on what is logic strategy and what isn't is literally meaningless

>implying our Lord and Saviour Darseid killed anyone
Justice League paid shills everyone.

>stop asking questions!
Mouskeeters are literally North Korean.

You lived these conversations multiple times. You've had years to ask these questions, you're just dismissing every answer, assuming you're not just a damn troll

>An entire third act's worth of showing, not telling about the superheroes saving people from robot aliens
>vs. one mad retard

lol

You think this fag would be happy if the number of casualties was arbitrarily raised to some other made-up number that doesn't matter, since it never bears any major importance on the plot? Would even the most shill of marvel shills actually get mad about the idea of saying it was like a thousand more dead people, if they had said that from the start?

What fucking difference does it make if it was 100 or 2000? The fact is the Avengers saved a lot of people from dying and the world would have been taken over by aliens if they didn't show up, but still a fair amount of people died. Those are the only facts of importance in the story and they are all demonstrated in visual form. The number was just thrown up by some writer who probably isn't an expert on alien invasions in the middle of a major city. Y'know, things that have never ever happened.

>What fucking difference does it make if it was 100 or 2000? The fact is the Avengers saved a lot of people from dying and the world would have been taken over by aliens if they didn't show up, but still a fair amount of people died. Those are the only facts of importance in the story and they are all demonstrated in visual form. The number was just thrown up by some writer who probably isn't an expert on alien invasions in the middle of a major city. Y'know, things that have never ever happened.

Nope.

I could probably kill at least 10 aliens, a fucking Glock 26 can kill them.

The avengers saved the city from a nuke, that's all, not the world.

If they didn't close the portal in time then humanity would've had to deal with this

Why didn't the aliens launched attacks from orbit to weaken earth' s forces, when first coming out of the portal. Prior Intel would have told them that earth is a low tech planet when compared to cosmic marvel.

I don't remember any massive skyscrapers falling

Why not two or three portals, so they could pincer attack the earth? This is why I never understood why Rita didn't place multiple monsters around the world to cause havoc, when facing the rangers.

Because the portal was powered be the Tesseract and there was only one Tesseract
I think the alien fleet wasn't on Earth's orbit, they were somewhere on the other side of the universe and came by the portal. Otherwise they could have simply landed and portal wouldn't be needed at all.