“We all heard stories about Jared, how he transforms into the characters...

>“We all heard stories about Jared, how he transforms into the characters, but even this didn’t prepare me for what was to come,” Villeneuve tells WSJ. “He entered the room, and he could not see at all. He was walking with an assistant, very slowly. It was like seeing Jesus walking into a temple. Everybody became super silent, and there was a kind of sacred moment. Everyone was in awe. It was so beautiful and powerful—I was moved to tears. And that was just a camera test!”

Second Oscar when?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/S75OKnM_BKU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yet he was shit in the movie
he was a shit joker too

but he has been great in other movies

what is this guy doing to these directors to make them give such cringe quotes about him in all their interviews?

>used condoms
>live rats

What am I supposed to do with live rats?

overrated af

this
he needs to stop method memeing

Isn't the essence of acting to pretend you're something that you aren't? This is just living a fake life

But that guy wasn't even blind

this is like a fucking chris morris sketch

He gave the worst performance in the movie. So much could have been done with the character and he was just stale and monotonous.

Also he can make entire people but he cant make himself new eyes?

He is genius that prefers to enhance his other sences.

>He gave the worst performance in the movie.

hahahaHa you're such a fucking retard

he was, purposely

Say this to DJL. Faggot
do you even know what is method acting?

Nobody tells the truth in hollywood. THey all suuckk each other's dicks in public so they can maintain options in the future.

It is his style, try to enjoy what you see

It was a masterpiece

>KEK

I liked his character.

youtu.be/S75OKnM_BKU

Villeneuve is a true auteur listen to the passion in his voice I am certain he really did cry

I thought he was able to see through the drones, did he use real drones and camera implants or was he pretending he could see while being method acting blind?

Nope joshi(robin wright) was worse

Lennie James gave the best performance

>super silent
Christ, what a mongo

Leto is a DiCaprio-tier fuckboy, no amout of facial hair will make him look like a real man.

Fucking retard, joshi is best girl

>During the filming of Blade Runner 2049, Ford reportedly stayed in character at all times, even when the cameras weren’t rolling, and the cast and crew never saw him out of full makeup and costume.

sounds dishonest

>Some speculated that he was never fully aware that he had been removed from the home, and continued to address people on the set as if they were his caregivers.

Have you tried acting? It's much easier.

he looks really similar to denis

villeneuve will look like that in 20 years, his face at least

But the characters had little drone camera that gave him vision you motherfucker, he could see like someone who's wearing a virtual reality mask, it's different from a blind man. i hated his prformance. Bring back Joe Turkel.

Her performance was complete dog shit villeneuve gave an interview about how he struggled to get a good performance out of an actress and tried repeatedly to get it but couldn't. It was obviously Joshi or the rebel leader

looks like he went full retard

probably letting them watch him fuck their wives with his monster dong

What was this faggot's first Oscar? He literally didn't even do anything LOL

>but he cant make himself new eyes?
Watch the fucking movies

>even director Denis Villeneuve wasn't safe from Leto's twisted vision

They weren't in use all the time, certainly not when we are first introduced to the character

Yes, he was.

In the original screenplay, he was actually born without eyes (just empty eye-sockets). For practical reasons, it was decided to simply make him blind in the film.

IIRC, he never said "actress." It was "actor," which is not so specific. Also, he said he did eventually get it of of him or her, it just took a long time and he almost gave up.

FWIW, I thought Robin Wright was solid. But I also thought Leto very good.

i like that scene cause it was sort of an homage to a part in the book. Deckard finds a frog squirming around covered in ash and soot.

He was the only good thing about suicide squad.

>missing the point of his blindness this badly

Lol he gave a much better performance in this than in Star Wars though

I don't think he's a bad actor. I don't think he was particularly bad in this either, most issues people seem to have are vague and unclear if it's an acting or character/writing issue. He's an easy target But man with stuff like this he just comes off as an edgelord who's desperate to be remembered for something. His career was fine until Suicide Squad, it feels like he saw Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger and decided he had to up the ante. He needs to chill the fuck out.

LIGHTS, CAMERA, INSANITY

>Multi billionaire who creates synthetic humans whose only flaw is not being able to procreate
>Can't fix his own eyes except with little drones
>Doesn't use them all the time

not really

Oh sure, they can create entire cities and people out of CGI, but they can't take out eyes with it? Dumb

Maybe it's not that he CAN'T fix his eyes, but that he CHOOSES not to. Ever think of that? Maybe he wants to retain his purity as a real human and not augment himself with synthetic parts.

And given that he's been blind his whole life, he's probably comfortable enough with it to not need the drones in his every-day life, only using them when he has some specific need. If you know anyone born blind (I do), you might understand this.

Yeah, because that worked so well for Cavill's mustache in Justice League.

But Villeneuve is not a big fan of unnecessary VFX, anyway. They used a lot more practical effects in this film than most blockbusters these days would. Even most of the cityscapes were only partly CGI, with the important bits being miniatures.

They did use CGI for Rachel, out of necessity, but that was only one, brief scene.

>not augment himself with synthetic parts
That port in his neck grew naturally then. Little mister USB they called him in school.

When I said "synthetic," I meant the same kind of bio-engineered parts that would be used in a replicant. Using those might make him almost like a hybrid.

Cybernetic implants might carry a completely different connotation.

>They did use CGI for Rachel, out of necessity, but that was only one, brief scene.
I would say the uncanny valley effect only adds more to the narrative of the scene because she's supposed to be a perfect clone with something feeling "off", literally better than if it would possible to actually get young Sean Young for the role

>In the original screenplay, he was actually born without eyes (just empty eye-sockets). For practical reasons, it was decided to simply make him blind in the film.

what were his other mods - anyone translate them?

Method acting is for fags who don't have the capacity to go into and out of character on the fly. Besides, not like Jared's performance was especially mind blowing or anything, but perhaps that's just his character being fairly meh.

>out of full makeup and costume
Oh shit, he kept his t-shirt on at all times. What a guy.

The process doesn’t matter (if it doesn’t affect other people), what matters is the final result

thatsthejoke.tiff

To be fair, though, it kind of makes sense. I mean, if you're living alone as a recluse, you're probably gonna wear comfortable, casual clothes all the time.

>what happens if I finish this?
>*intense eyebrow wiggling*

>t was like seeing Jesus walking into a temple. Everybody became super silent, and there was a kind of sacred moment. Everyone was in awe. It was so beautiful and powerful—I was moved to tears
>american """"people""""

Shit, now I'm imagining Deckard with sweat pants and slippers.

He's french-canadian

Well, maybe not THAT casual.

Remember, he's still on the run. He's got to be ready for anyone coming after him.

wait, this isn't satire?

Nope. The art book mentions it, too.

HAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHA I AMJOKERHAHAHA

Yeah he wore contacts that make him blind.
Leto isn't pretending like he's some grand actor because of it though, in the jimmy fallon interview that faggot fallon praised him like a god for that and leto replied:"well if I was a better actor I would've probably just acted"

Dishonest as fuck.

1. Behind the Scenes stories are always fake. It's a publicity stunt.

2. I grind my teeth in fury and cringe when I look at the mirror and see how ugly I am and then think that there are Chads like Jared out there slaying all the pussy I wish was mine

SET'S GONNA FREAK

this dude is fucking hilarious

>As a man I've always felt Irish, as an actor I've always felt Jewish.

>get into acting
>play up jew card
>dumb kikes eat it up
>get rich as fuck

he played everyone

1st and 6th repeat, so do 3rd and 7th

hope this faggot never gets casted again.
>muh method acting for 5 minutes of screentime

biggest meme in hollywood

>It was like seeing Jesus walking into a temple

If only.

He used to date whatshername dumb titcow with those elastic eyebrows from GoT. In it Maisie Williams wore contacts that made her blind abd unlike Jared Leto she got beaten up.

Yes he did. Not his best but I have the impression he gave more of a shit.
Or Denis is better in motivating him/is more respected by Ford compared to JJ

If he puts synthetic eyes on himself, he becomes partially like his creatures.
That would be a contamination of such superior being.

His such a clown I hope he lives forever as an amazing star who gets hounded for all his life and never lives a regular peaceful moment in life turning all his riches into idols of resentment so that his unbeliably fulfilling lifestyle is just a never healing maggotty wound in the middle of his chest

He clearly has some interface which connects to his brain.
I guess external eyes>normal eyes.

Yes, on a practical level is explained too (and well).
But even on a meaning level is ok. Trans-humanism shows he is "beyond". Or far and above.

you know very well it was harrison ford

I would agree except the replicants are biological and therefore organic, they would not be plagued by the uncanny valley.

I didn't like her CG performance. Looked like crap. That, Leto's wack-ass acting, and some ironic 'clinical' vibes (from Villeneuves direction) in what should be a grungy dystopia aside, this was a fantastic movie.

jared leto is the most shit thing about blade runner tho lol

He was alright, most of people hate on his performance just because most people prehate Leto already, especially after Suicide Squad.
If David Bowie played his role and gave the same exact performance everyone would say how "mysterious" and "magnetic" he was just because he is David Bowie

>He was alright,
sorry but he was really really awful. really cheapened the film for me. as did gosling and wright.

Gosling was literally perfect for the role, tell me a single other actor who would suit the character better

>as did gosling
ah, I see... you were baiting

His performance was silly and his character was pointless.

Imagine the yards of cock he throated to method his way into that Oscar.

ITT: redditors defending some shitty actor

He was dreadful as the Joker but I didn't mind him here. He wasn't outstanding but did well enough.

He was a significantly better actor before he got wedged so far up his own ass.

He was a Great Joker.

Havn't seen the new blade runner.

it's meant to simulate/replicate/metaphorically illustrate omnipresence like a god. He sees you from all angles, at once. He is everywhere, all powerful.

>Isn't the essence of acting to pretend you're something that you aren't? This is just living a fake life

there's that famous anecdote where some old-timey method actor is beating himself about the face for a scene but just can't conjure the anger required and sydney poitier leans over and goes "why don't you just try acting"

lol

pet them

wow

>In the original screenplay, he was actually born without eyes (just empty eye-sockets)

Which they did just fucking fine with Freysa later on in the movie, why cut it here?

/thread