What the hell do people see in this show? !?!?!?

What the hell do people see in this show? !?!?!?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2OLM5iamWLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9n5ACBivlcg
youtube.com/watch?v=aFMWv1Z5UvI
youtu.be/0R46yJ3NlC0?t=113
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What do YOU see in this show?

Seems like tumblr shit

But it must get better....right?

What DO you see in MY show???

I see it everywhere on /co

Not that it's a great place but man, if it's really this shit and that's what 1/2 the people like then, holy god damn, that's not great...

Waifus

Sexy wiafus and sexy villains

that whole scene in context actually really shows marco trying to look like a bad dude, while at the same time instinctually keeping star away from hazards

at the same time, star is just bounding along care free, without paying attention to her surroundings and humming

it really contrasts the two of them
its cute

this
before the end of season 2 you will either want to fuck most of Marco's friends or you will want go get fucked by Toffee.

I want to fuck Ferguson

So it's worth continuing

It does not pander to SJWs like SU does

i want to fuck the 14 year old alien

DUDE RANDOM QUIRKY MAIN CHARACTER LMAO
DUDE FUNNY FACES LMAO
DUDE FLOATING PONY HEAD LMAO
DUDE MONSTERS LMAO
DUDE SHIPPING LMAO

Me too, user
He looks so soft and huggable
Plus I have a thing for redheads

what episode are you at?

Not OP

but I just started the first ep 6 min in

seems weird

seen 4 episodes. I just don't want anymore tumblr pandering shows (Stevie U) I want good shows that know where their going and have somewhere too go.

DUDE DUDE IS AN ARGUMENT LMAO!

This glorious princess of course.

It's really just LOUD VOICES and LE CRINGE humor the show.

I'm the not OP on the first EP

Giraffe seems okay I guess

The show takes a turn in atmosphere around episode 10 named Mewberty. The ongoing plot starts on the episodes Blood Moon Ball and Fortune Cookies. Season 1 and Season 2 have a lot of episodic themes, so there will be times where nothing goes on.

Well...

Also Leepest Dore
youtube.com/watch?v=2OLM5iamWLQ

>tfw I have a poofy dress fetish
>then she comes along

This pleases me.

not op this episode is cringe though

this

Is this lover really relegated to BF? I could see that being interesting.

>that know where their going and have somewhere too go

About the first half of the first season feels that way before that season's story arc begins. Then it's a little more purposeful, sets up a ton of shit for the next season.

Next season follows through with those plot points from the beginning to the end. Not that there aren't some episodes that are pretty standalone, but in general there are more story/plot episodes and even those not directly relevant to the larger plot have greater focus on character development and the season's themes. 2 is overall a huge improvement on 1 and really feels like they know what they're trying to do; the S3 premiere seems like it'll be the same way.

So yeah, I think it's a good show, just the direction it goes isn't immediately apparent because it took them a bit to really get into it. But once it starts with the first major plot stuff, it never really stops going in that direction.

>MFW this show would be way better without ....Mabel.

Heres a spoiler for near the end of season 2
youtube.com/watch?v=9n5ACBivlcg

come to your own conclusion.

Also for folks thinking that show is SJW, nah, Star literally fails at the whole "independent warrior princess" thing. Also she like dem boys too much, specially abs.

i wish im not 20 again so i can legally fall in love with her

>feels that way

As in, feels like they didn't know what they were doing.

Which is kinda true; there were different executives at the beginning and a lot of the boarders then aren't around now (two good ones from then had a huge role in making the show what is now).

Pony Head in general is cringe

I'm 20 and have a small crush on Jackie, I need it to stop

good to know

Its low key a harem anime disguised as mahou shoujo anime.

this makes me more into the show for whatever reason

That really makes me more into the show honestly. I like it when everything doesn't always work for everyone.

>not liking the best Gurl

DUDE LORE LMAO
DUDE TRAGIC PAST WOW
DUDE FUN ENJOYABLE SERIES WOOT

But is the lore any good?

Are the characters any good?

that's literally all I care about.

You will want to know what happen in the past and what motivate the main villain. Also who gets shipped with whome by the end of the show.

>I'm just glad 'nother is watching best show, with best girl and guy.

Yeah, the first half of season 1 is more lolrandumb, but around half-way it gets better. Season 2 is where it really kicks off and the show finds its footing and becomes more about the story and less about random misadventures (still shows up once in a while tho).

Also Dore is really Leep.

The lore is pretty crisp and legit deep, some of the characters are kind of shit, but most of them are pretty good.

which chars are shit?

Don't know how to really say if the lore's good or not-- like if it comes off as stupid to you then of course it won't work-- but it is there and the universe gets developed a lot as it progresses.

Characters are good but don't start showing real development until late in the first season and then throughout the second. Star especially feels like she should have no depth, going by the first few episodes, but gets a some pretty thorough exploration in the later episodes.

>But is the lore any good?
I don't know man, here have a taste.
youtube.com/watch?v=aFMWv1Z5UvI

It's cute, fun, and relatively inoffensive compared to shit like Adventure Time and Steven Universe.

That being said, I would never openly admit to liking it on any non-anonymous platform in fear of being associated with it's absolutely horrific fanbase.

not op again

only 2 eps in but this seems like best girl. How right am I?

Not them but: minor Earth characters like Marco's guy friends that don't really do anything past a few first-season episodes, Ludo in the early episodes before they start doing more interesting stuff with him

Pony Head gets some hate because she's written as obnoxious, but I'm not sure if I'd actually call her shit. She's not in the show very much but unfortunately is introduced in the first episode, so it looks like she's important when she really isn't

She looked like shit Pon head from what I saw but maybe she gets better?

I'd also like to add that it's criminal that Star got three (or more) seasons and Wander didn't. Not really a dig against the show, but the decision still baffles me.

>A cast of likeable characters
>Superb writing and pacing
>Excellent worldbuilding and character development
>Gives the middle finger to the status quo unlike 90% of cartoons

I saw a little bit of Wander, maybe 5 eps, but that show was awesome. Please don't tell me it got canceled.

Adventure time is still on right?? Why, it's going nowhere fast....

Every generation has shit shows aimed at kids. It's that you're a kid when you watch them that they actually shine.

I grew up with GI Joe, Transformers, Voltron, Real Ghostbusters. syndicated versions of other shows, and the Disney afternoon. The latter was pretty much the only one that wasn't overtly a toy commercial.

That said, I don't like Bob's burgers, regular show (is that still airing?), gumball, Star, Steven, or any Klasky toon. Seth MacFarlane is pretty cancerous too nowadays. Gravity Falls was secretly amazing as is the unofficial sequel (Rick and Morty).

Wander got canned after two seasons, sadly.

She's toned down a bit from her first appearance in the later episodes. Not like she ever becomes best character but since she's just mostly comic relief and rarely appears it doesn't matter much.

An underage girl to fantasize about.

DAMN! from what I saw that show was awesome. I'm sad now.

Well, she's the person who is currently at the lead for the Marco-bowl. But nah, hekapoo is best girl.

that's good, I wasn't too much into the pon head.

Yeah. It was a hidden gem that people didn't really appreciate until it was too late to save it.

>Star VS
>tumblr shit

Literally how?

haven't met her yet, just skateboard girl seems best for now. You may be right though, we'll see when I get there./

I'm pretty sure people only like it because shipping

OP here
I'm on ep 4 seems lame. I have faith that it gets better. If it doesn't by S2 I'll be a little miffed.

Star actively lusts for boys, racist towards monsters, loves stereotypical girly shite, and fails at the whole warrior princess needs no man bit.

Yep tumblr AF. Heres Star lusting after adult Marco. youtu.be/0R46yJ3NlC0?t=113

Around Mewberty is where it starts getting better, but it only really kicks off at Blood Moon Ball.

Maybe you should try not to judge an entire series only through the first few episodes. Seriously name one tv show where the first episode was the absolute best. Just one.

This, isn't helping honestly. Obv teen girls will lust for whatever but this still seems pretty tumblr b8. I'll keep giving it a go. Long as it doesn't Adventure Time Flame P Finn Lose arm fuck me in the ass two eps later I'll be good.

Reminder that the early episodes of Star vs were in the hands of Disney execs. After Nefcy gains full control of her show (the absolute madwoman), the show takes a turn for the better

>Ferg and Alfonzo existed because Disney said it's a requirement for the male protag to have two male friends
>Nefcy didn't really have any idea on what to do with Ferg and Alfonzo
>Star wasn't supposed to have clothes that were too girly which is why she has what she has
>Nefcy gave her girl clothes later
>Ferg and Alfonzo slowly written into the background replaced by other girls like Janna and Kelly

A shame about the animation studios in the first season. There were too many studio changes in one season alone.

Like I said, I'm giving it till S2 cause people are saying it gets really sweet

:S

Just started watching recently. I'm a few episodes into season 2. Show is definitely hitting it's stride.

Star here and give us your thoughts as you get further.

That's Tom. He's cool people.

Sup Forums please control yourself.

will do!

seemed lame from there but maybe he's aight. Haven't seen much of him

Narwal blast is kind of lame but it happens

So she's basically all powerful at this point?

Skateboard girl is much better in season 2 but she still needs more characterization

The development of Ludo's character and his rise to power is some of the best stuff in the show. They took their goofy one-note comic relief villain and made him an interesting and layered character that's actually made himself into a legitimate threat.

Actual spoiler:
Shame that the show sort of drops that in the finale in favor of replacing the character with MUH BBEG WAS BEHIND IT ALL ALONG AND DEEPEST LORE shite.

>Narwal blast is kind of lame but it happens
Its gonna be used a lot, its kinda becomes her signature spell.

I guess I'll get used to it tho obligatory >reddit

Pic seems to be OTP, but what do I know?

At least the rest of the cast sort of realizes how silly it is, and how Star made it up

Yes, Star and Ferguson is OTP

I'd like one show where the two leads stayed BFS with no probs.

>What the hell do people see in 'x'? !?!?!?
>What's her name
Hmn, good topic for a separate thread, hold that for later

Which thread dude?

I just realized, my fav part of Star is the Octo on her shirt.

More or less. No one in S1 is really capable of taking Star in a fight.
Honestly, Toffee being the wand should have been immediately obvious, and they drop hints about it pretty much every Ludo episode of you missed it. It doesn't really diminish Ludo being decent now, though.

Good to know honestly
also poor possum

I agree that it was obvious, I just think it was a bad decision and POTENTIALLY wasting what is arguably the best character on the show. The stupid little low level baby getting serious and becoming a real villainous superpower after being shat on constantly is an interesting dynamic, and at this point he's a more engaging villain than Toffee (so far). I guess we'll just have to see what direction they take it, but I would have preferred Ludo breaking off into a separate third party threat in this big fued between Moon and Toffee instead of being demoted to second fiddle. (Assuming he's not completely replaced by Toffee outright)

Hardcore cuckqueaning.

They want to fuck Star and some other characters.
Nothing new.