Did he really need a degree with all this money?

Did he really need a degree with all this money?

wizards don't even need degrees

no, but when that degree involves learning literal magic why the fuck wouldn't you.

nah and the films would have been more interesting if they adapated the script into him being a young, and wealthy bohemian globe trotting wizard rather than the trite school garbage.

what do you even need magic for anyway?

what the fuck do you need money for anyway when you have magic

produce those sweet giant tents

doing whatever the fuck you want to, that's what, teleport wherever you want instantly when you get there to set up your living arrangements with the flick of a wrist

Why would anyone need money in the dullest etc. etc.

>Did he really need a degree with all this money?
Quite literally,
>"No!"

Well, yeah, if he still wanted to be an auror.

Maybe. Private education is really fucking expensive, especially boarding schools.

J.K Rowling didn't need a degree to create one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

That stupid idea was only planted in his head at Hogwarts. He could have become carpenter in Diagon Alley if not for that school

Is there an inheritance tax in the wizard world?

Magic gets bitches wet

Can't they clone money with magic? Or turn metal into gold?

>Can't they clone money with magic?
The gemino curse does that, but presumably the Goblins would be able to tell real coins from magically duplicated ones (they could with leprechaun gold)

>Or turn metal into gold?
The Philosopher's Stone can do that, wizards can't otherwise

To use the time-turner to have a threesome with two Hermiones.

This is like the fifth time that I see this posted without any (You's). I'm proud of you guys. Hope the other pastas die soon too, especially the "bald assertion" one

Would you skip fucking wizard school just because you're rich? I'd at least go a year.

Voldemord learned secret magics without Hogwards

It's illegal to posses a wand if you haven't graduated so the degree is more like a wand license. He didn't want to be some nowands bitch.

>what do you even need magic for anyway?
Raping women.

That's what I would do. That one illegal spell that allows you to control people? I would use that on women to make them kill their families, so they'll be completely fucked up from the horror and guilt. Then I'll use that one torture spell to turn them into my mindbroken rapebait sex slaves. And I'll create some sort of spell that links my life force to theirs so if wizard cops ever track me down and kill me, they'll all die too. And all the women will know that and will try to stop the cop wizards from killing me, so the cop wizards will have to hurt or kill the very women they are trying to save and will feel all fucked up about it. Just one last "Fuck you" to the wizard cops before they fucking vaporize me or turn me into a plastic bucket or whatever bullshit they have in mind.

Fuck I would love to be a wizard.

>It's illegal to posses a wand if you haven't graduated

But he was given a wand before he even attended his first classes.

Here's a (you) to spite

>Thinks I do this for replies and not because of autism

You need a wand to learn how to use a wand, bucko, and they aren't allowed to use it anywhere except at school.

Furthermore, if you get expelled before getting your OWLs, they take it back and snap it.

Anytime I see this it makes my day

Going to school is like a learners permit, that's why they're forbidden from using it outside of the school.

Why not just use the perfectly legal love potions?

How does the wizarding worlds economy even work? There's like two main employers. One is a free school and the other is the government which would presumably be funded by taxes.

>they aren't allowed to use it anywhere except at school.

That night bus requires people to use their wand to flag it down.

Gamp's law of transfiguration states you cant create money, food, love and two other things i forgot out of thin air

There are countless shops and professional Quidditch teams.

Because then it wouldn't be real, obviously.

It requires them to hold up their wand, not use it. Did you think Harry accidentally used the "summon night bus" spell or something?

Some wizards are homeschooled and still get wands

so you can get a job teaching magic

Laziest writing I've ever heard of and I refuse to accept it as canon.

>Did you think Harry accidentally used the "summon night bus" spell or something?

Yeah? You have to use the light spell in conjunction with it. Which Harry was using to spot the nigger dog that was following him.

Imagine that every time you raised your wand for any reason, the fucking bus showed up. That would be a shitty system, and the British public transportation system prides itself on efficiency (or so I hear).

Why don't they just produce infinite felix felicis potions

Will also give (You) to spite the fedoramancer:

Fix things, find lost things, get things that are out of your reach, carry things, make things work on their own, clean your house. And teleport. Magic makes your life easier.

>look this up
>"It’s impossible to make good food out of nothing! You can Summon it if you know where it is, you can transform it, you can increase the quantity if you’ve already got some..."
So you can't make food, but you can increase the quantity of already existing food.

That makes absolutely zero fucking sense. It's the same godamn thing. If I make 3 fish tacos out of nothing, that's only slightly different from having one fish taco, and using magic to make two more from that initial one.

why not learn it on the internet

1x3=3
0x3=0
That's the difference. You aren't making food out of nothing when you start with something.

Wands are a purely European thing. The American and African wizards could do wandless magic no prob

But what's the standard and who regulates the mint? How have they avoided the issues of a loaf of bread costing 1 billion Zimbabwean dollars?

How does Hogwarts afford to pay its staff? Are they funded by the ministry and therefore rely on taxes? Does the ministry in effect create money to pay the 75% of wizards who work for the state and then tax that money to pay them again? It doesn't take a economic genius to realise that isn't sustainable. It would also need to produce and manage the coinage to be circulated to the private sector through banks. The entire thing is reliant on government funding and oversight.

Is there even a wizarding free market? Does the idea of capitalism exist?

It still makes no sense. What happens to the original? Does it give up a portion of its mass to help create the copied food? If not, why do you even need an original?

This sounds like a problem that lies in the skills of the spellcaster and their inability to wrap their minds around making something out of nothing, rather than an immutable law of magic.

False
Americans need a gun

>What is the Ministry of Magic's tax policy?

fuck off George, you have 2 fucking books to write

Goblins make and regulate the gold supply. They own all gold and everyone is just borrowing it until they die. Then if the goblin can, they take everything back.

WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST MAKE MORE PHILOSOPHER'S STONES

The mechanics of the time turner imply there is no free will in the Harry Potter universe. He was always going to go to school because of this.

Then just take an original piece of food and multiply it every time you want to eat it. You'll never go hungry again as long as you never eat it the original. Of course, then you run into the issue of the food eventually spoiling, but having one meal stretch out over a couple of days is still better than having it only once, and for all we know there is some way to magically preserve food and prevent spoilage.

To avoid spoiling, just eat the original and leave the copy in its place.

JK should have got a ghost writer for the later books, she clearly has alzheimers.

>"""""American wizards"""""

To be fair, there's only one instance of a wizard doing this (Jesus), so you probably have to be pretty powerful.

>"No!"

>get a fresh taco
>clone it
>eat the original
>wait a day
>you now have a day-old taco
>clone it
>eat the original
>wait a day
>you now have a two-day-old taco

based

He learned his darkest art AT Hogwarts.

hah. Typical white trash thinking.

just like my humanities degree

Whites are fiscally prudent. If this was LaHarius Potter no doubt he'd have it melted down into custom grills and jewellery.

literally everything? hell, you could be whomever you want in the regular world and fulfill every single one of your dreams. I don't get the "poor wizard" status because the ability of being a literal god amongst regular people. fuck, Harry could be THE best paid private delivery man EVER

>get to know some coke dealer
>apparate all day
>earn big cash

objectively wrong. there's not even a mention of him learning anything new away from Hogwarts. everything he learned, he learned at Hogwarts, even the Horcrux thing which he learned from his Dark Arts prof

Because it's incredibly difficult, only one person ever has managed it and he's dead now.

>wanting to live forever

wizards already live a long as fuck time. wanting to be older than 150 years is just plain retarded because you literally watch the deterioration of society while everyone around you dies

>but i dont want to be a wizard
>i just want to coast through life :(

plant magic plants and know magich istory

The fuck did Harry's parents do for work, and I how did they save up this much money?

>you will never make love to qt white Hermione and alternate universe black Hermaione

This is one of the reasons loads of fanfictions have Harry discover he's got a family vault at Gringotts with even more money in it, neither of his parents worked and they also supported Lupin who couldn't get a job so they must have inherited a serious fortune from James' parents.