How's the current run of blue Beatle?

Is it any good or should I just avoid it.

It's mind numbingly mediocre. There is nothing special about this book.

First arc was pretty meh, but it seems to be picking up a bit

what's the best run? I remember reading JLI with Jaime and was ok

It starts out incredibly mediocre and almost hard to read because every line of dialogue out of any given character's mouth is bitter snark or an insult. You get the feeling that everyone in Jaime's circle fucking hates each other, which doesn't gel with the strong focus on having a strong support network of family and friends that Jaime is known for.

It seems to be picking up a little lately, though they retconned what the Scarab is. Again.

>they retconned what the Scarab is
Oh for fuck's sake. What is it now?

Magic again.

So no more aliens?

As a guy around his age I can confirm that's now we act and talk.

Nope. Apparently Arion made it now.

Remember Arion? The sorcerer from Atlantis?

Yeah, neither does anyone else. I don't know what it is with Giffen and trying to make this fucking dud of a character work every so often.

I also don't know why DC would let him do this when the whole premise of Rebirth is to bring characters back to what's iconic, and Jaime has recently been appearing in media, so now casuals know of his origin as being alien tech.

I hate autocorrect "how"

>around his age

Jaime is 16. Underage confirmed. Get the fuck out kid.

I really had high hopes for it, because I am dying for a new "young hero fights rogues and balances life" story, but I dropped it pretty early. The dialogue is unbearable, and reads like Whedon on cocaine. Everything feels overly mean-spirited, and nothing feels explained and just expects you to know everything.

Going by the end of the last issue which featured a lot of
>magic is technology
I think the books gonna end up looping it all round so its still alien tech which was adapted from magic. I don't know how they'll fit in The Reach though

Also, Ted better get his suit back after Jaime gets the scarab, its not like Ted is even sitting on the sidelines now, he's up in the action again.

>16
>has that goatee
fucking how, all I have are pubes and I'm a bit older than that

try for yourself, it's a typical JLI/JL3k style Giffen story (technically it's a sequel to the latter)
it's inoffensive, but even with my bias towards it I have to say it's not the best, and so, so slow

More like 18 and my point still stands.

Basically what says, but I would want to add that the snark is getting toned down quite a lot and even Ted is starting to taste his own medicine of not telling a damn important thing.

It's also kind of entertaining at this moment.
Not my best read each month, but I'm still reading it.

I think it's both magic and alien.
It's not like Fate said it's just magic.

I knew a kid with a full-ass beard in high school.

And another poor bastard I grew up with had the receding hairline of a 40 year old by the time we were seniors.

Hopefully they retcon the scarab so it's a threat to the lanterns again.

>Latin genetics.