When did it start happening to you?

When did it start happening to you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-fGxOCJCRpA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

October, 2017
My depression hit hard during that time.

So only a few months? That's not so bad. Everything has seemed shit to me for years now. I can't even get excited about anything any more. I only saw one movie in cinemas in 2017. It was Last Jedi and it was like my face was being sprayed with diarrhoea for two and a half hours.

24 to 25

Growing up I picked a lot of hobbies and interests that suddenly I didn't care for. But instead of thinking I "grew out" of them I just realised that, for the most part, my interest in them was declining because they no longer gave me common ground with different groups of people I wanted to fit in with, and because they no longer gave me a sense of "identity" amongst the herd, which is really important when you're in school and less so in your mid 20s. Then I realised I spent my youngest years being a shitty crowd follower with no real hobbies or interests to call his own, only things that helped me make friends and make my teen years less lonely and miserable.

I basically only cared for things because it gave me a pretext to socialize with others or because it made me closer to a preconceived idea of who I wanted to be in my head. Now everything looks like shit because I forgot how to like things on my own, and I don't have enough free time to re-learn that.

You're a late bloomer.

I thought this happened to me, but I've come to realize it's just because most popular movies are really just complete shit. I thought that something was "wrong" with me for disliking movies like the avengers and new star wars so much, but I have seen other films I enjoy. The spark isn't dead, it's just that what is popular is so fucking bad and unsurprising that I have no reaction other than boredom and repulsion.

It only happened with movies a few years ago.

Hasn't happened with anything else, my tastes have just shifted.

Summer 2015, the moment i realized my hair is starting to recede at 21 and I've still never had a gf.

There's fucking no hope for me now, hope this year I'll have the courage to jump off that cliff.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Not yet

Feels good being a 25 yo manchild

The inspiration for Kyle is jewish? oh nooooooooo

Wish I had some bateman gifs

what is "it?"

if it's "getting older" it was when i got called "old" at the age of 21 by an 18 year old freshman girl on the club sports team i had just joined. then when i started hanging out with some of the sophomores and realizing what children they were and how immature they were.

i think i had just changed from that around their age. i dont know

I'm 28 and just spent the last 4 years changing everything I didn't like about myself. Suck it the fuck up, you've got plenty of free time to change things little by little

what if its society I don't like and love everything about myself.

should I change who I fundamentally am just to fit in?

but everything legitimately either went to shit or started going to shit in 2007 so fuck that episode for making me think its all in my head.

im 30 and i dont feel that shit

you soyboys just have low test

Who are you to say society is wrong?

I'm 27 and this last year I had it bad. I remember being 18-19 and being so full of energy, motivation and dreams. I'm going to be 28 soon and I live in a shitty apartment, in a shitty neighborhood, I drive a shitty car, and haven't had a gf in over a year. How I wish I could redo some things.

I don't like society either. That's why I spent a chunk of my free time sharing all the fucked up shit the elites do like harvesting organs in the Balkans.
You've always got to spend some time doing things you don't like to have more friends. One shared interest is enough but plenty of people have to watch TV they don't like because the office is talking about it etc.

Thank god for the internet so I could just read what happened in Game of Thrones rather than having to watch it. What a piece of trash that series is

Since day one.
Still going strong
Will fight til the end
Pain is nothing

Bring a parachute just in ca-
Ah what's the use

Had it for years, then I just went into a vegetative state were I didn't consume anything except Sup Forums. Now I'm back to enjoying shit and it feels great.

When I left University and all my Uni mates became brainwashed activists

At 21 you still have a chance but you gotta act now.

I didn't say it was right or wrong, did i?

Since around 2010 or so. Somehow I still manage to hang on and sort of enjoy life, but it's not the same.

2011-2012 graduated from HS and got depressed.

hey man don’t despair, I thought the same way but I actually lost my virginity at 22, there’s still hope

Around 16 or so, I also turned into a pretentious shit at that time

>faggots in their early-to-mid 20s whining because they feel old

Really? Like, are you guys for real about this? Man the fuck up and stop crying about nothing.

No one is complaining about feeling old ffs. We're talking about when things turned into shit for us.

My therapist asked my relationship with my gf is. I said its fine. She said shed be offended if her husband referred to her their relationship like that.

Am i emotionally empty or is she a naive cunt?

no i was 21 in 2015, I'm 23 now.

i have mild aspergers, spent most of my life friendless and still am now. if i can't even make friends then finding a girlfriend literally impossible especially if you can't rely on your looks. I'd rather kill myself than keep trying.

>female therapist
>trusting a "professional" female ever

I had a female doctor once and had to get male doctor fix all of her damage

What did she do to you user?

Are you the guy that was given surgery without anesthesia by a woman doctor

My brothers bald and he gets laid all the time. Im not and im a lonely fucking faggot

then I'll be a bald and lonely fucking faggot

When I was 11 or 12. I just realized that Hollywood had no creative juices left and all they made were shitty remakes and sequels. And this was back in 2006 or so.

that's the spirit never give up!

>everyone is telling me i'm a piece of shit
>yet, i do not feel that this assessment is correct.
>what shall I do? should I prove them wrong and do good deeds and redeem any and all bad qualities they may have been right about?
>...
>no, it is them who are wrong. I am perfectly fine the way that I am, despite my strawmen!

fuck this comic and fuck people like you you stupid fucking faggot piece of shit

just b urself ;)

Moral of the thread.

Around the middle of 8th grade when the Kony stuff was going on and I was in the middle of my edgemaster on Sup Forums phase. I realized that not only did I not care for Kony, but I also didn't care for alot of the things I had previously liked, and it didn't help that I had contrarian ass Sup Forums influencing my opinions. Now, I don't like most mainstream works of entertainment and willingly eat shit if it does something that hasn't been done before.

Relatable.

Never got that feeling, there's a lot of cool stuff out there I haven't tried yet.

the one good thing about being gay is that this could never happen to me
no point ever trying to fit in because you're already cracked

>Fuck you dad/mom! You were a cunt to me, I won't be like you, I'll be a good parent to my kids! Thanks for nothing! JERKS!
>Haha. Well, you see user, by me being a bad parent and a cunt to you and making your life a living hell, I actually made you a better person and a good parent by doing it! So you should be thanking me! Haha!

Kys.

Almost nothing turns a woman off like complaining.

A woman will date a man who hits her over a whiny or negative man. It doesn't matter if that negativity is hating on movies or hating on society.

Woman want confident men

My problem isn't women at least not much. Just that my life went nowhere near close to where I expected it to be. I'm just barely beginning to get things back in track but it's a litle disheartening to look back and realize how much I fucked up and how much I wasted.

what if I'm confident in my preference for good art?

Call my friend a fag and people at the bar start shrieking like body snatchers.

When I was 15.

Just stop being a cunt.
Its like being a fat ugly faggot and complaining how you don't get huge wangs up ur butt all the time.

How about you go try to make something that isn't shit, see how fucking easy it is

>30
>still uses buzzwords

fuck off, everybody hates you here, seriously

he's memeing

2014 was my lowest. Lived abroad, made few friends, wasted most of the year watching movies and posting feels on Sup Forums.

Then I went back home, lost my virginity, picked up an instrument, quit a degree I didn't like but had wasted years on nonetheless, and got a shitty job to stay busy while I thought about what to do next.

Now I'm in a moderately succesful band, have a qt gf and am on my way to getting a math degree.

Point is, things get shitty, but things can get better. Start by changing small stuff and work your way up.

i was like this until i met someone else who was like this, who thought everything was shit and couldn't enjoy anything
only then did i realize how insufferable people like that are, so i decided to focus on the good things and tried to not mind the bad things as much

life is more fun this way but deep down inside i am still that insufferable faggot who hates everything

the point of the comic is if you have a miserable childhood it'll degrade your mental health and outlook on life when you're an adult whether you like it or not.

I cried watching that ep because it reminded me what a bitter old man I was becoming. It was also the summer of the DC reboot garbage just as I got my cousin's kid into Batman.

college freshmen are the fuckin worst

Really?

I was a freshman at age 24.
It was amazing.
It was like cheating and going back to high school as a grown man.

any specific reason?

I too would love to come back to my primal instincts and live day by day. Not concerned with other trivial things. Sex, food, shelter and having fun should be my major concerns. How to become ape-man again? I want to unlearn

what kind of stupid fucking projection is this faggot, nowhere in that comic were the strawmen implied to be parents

kill yourself troglodyte

Bach had a terrible childhood yet he was a master and provided for his multiple children

only idiots fall prey to their victimization

>30 years old
>still memeing

the only people who should point out your personal troubles are the ones contextualizing praise of you

>30 years old
>refuses to die

Like January last year at 22

When I noticed that weeks last like days.

Once my Mom shit out 2 kids with a 19 year old I stopped being able to apprrciate things that weren't considered "worthwhile" i.e. classic movies/ literature
I've been on a quest to improve my pop culture knowledge so I can feel good enough.
Still like wrestling though. With the understanding that it's all garbage.

But women are shit too

I used to feel that way, until I become a saved Christian and now I'm a lot happier
youtube.com/watch?v=-fGxOCJCRpA

when I turned 16

I actually stopped watching with that episode. Seemed appropriate.

When I first started working. Before that I could use movies to escape and pretend that I was a cop,astronaut,actor, you name it. I realized this is it,no adventures out there for me.

What?

> Bach

Literally who?

The guy who pretends to be dead but is actually alive all this time, he posts on here, Brazilians really love him and want him to come to Brazil.

24? I always tought people at that age already were past the point of redemption. You're a interesting case, usually it starts a decade earlier..

What hobbies and interests exactly?

I envy them and I hate their enthusiasm because I once had it.

>finish college
>meet some guys 5 years younger than me in the gym and we bond over the same interests and working out
>start hanging out with them and my bitterness starts showing (everyone is trying out new looks,trying new stuff and fantasizing about future)
>stop hanging out with them when they unironically tried to make a youtube fitness channel in hopes of becoming famous and I told them they would be better off if they do an internship or something and they looked at me like I am mean "adult"

I ran into one of them and he dropped out of college,works in telemarketing and he was sad.

garbage bait, git gud

>they unironically tried to make a youtube fitness channel in hopes of becoming famous
How did you not realize they were complete retards before this? There must have been signs, meaning you're probably a little bit dim yourself.

This.

Bro you were hanging out with complete fuckheads, young people with drive and ambition don't attempt dumb shit like this. And if they do, they sure as hell have a fucking plan and some modicum of an idea on how to actually make it.

About 41, you are only as old as you feel.

I had a female doctor once, too, user.
all she did was give me painkillers and "lose" my requests for an mri in "the system"
they're useless and yet somehow more corrupt than the jews

This right here. 2017 was also pretty shit considering some bad things resurfaced. 2007 was like an end of innocence, so to speak.

I had a friend like this.
Legit thought he was going to be the next Filthy Frank. Me and some other friends made fun of them. Not his friend anymore, desu.

21. Starting a job and realizing you have to dedicate half of your waking time to a place where 90% of the things you do are irrelevant and your coworkers don't give a shit about each other really but pretend to be friends to make it bearable is a pretty heavy wakeup call. And I have a better job than most people

Everybody has friends like that.

>be from eastern europe
>this one guy wants to become an actor
>"bro,those americans are all girly and weak,they need action stars!"
>yeah but your english is real bad
>"who cares,I can play guys with accent"

The best part was his plan. You see,every idiot in the world goes to LA to become famous. Not him though! His plan was genius... His plan was to go to New York and get discovered there,because there is less competition for actors there.

Imagine getting that "wakeup call" before you even have a job so you have to actively look for the thing that will make your every day existence even worse.
>And I have a better job than most people
Good luck with it.

>you have to dedicate half of your waking time to a place where 90% of the things you do are irrelevant and your coworkers don't give a shit about each other really but pretend to be friends to make it bearable
Couldn't have said it better.

If you thought you were done with this process as a teen, here's a tip: you're still going through it.

Much of what you consider to be your personality, your real self, your second nature, will completely evaporate when adulthood calls.