Why Jedi don't use armor...

Why Jedi don't use armor? Obi-Wan had only robes on Tatooine because everyone wore robes there and it was easier to blend in and remain concealed. Yoda wore robes because he was really fucking old. What about the rest?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YdgmH9Vv2-I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Luke's fencing outfit from ROTJ was supposed to be a true Jedi Knight outfit. I love Jedi with full on armor, but since TPM Jedi have to wear robes and can't properly use the force without them. TPM added a lot of shit to the lore aside from the infamous stuff like midichlorians (only Sith use red lightsabers and Sith only use red lightsabers, rule of two, all Sith are called Darth etc.).
George was also against green lightsabers b t w wtf.

they are warrior monks

Because Lucas didn't realize that them not using armor in battle made the believability factor much lower. They didn't in the movies, but sometimes they did in the EU. So I always imagined that they did.

It was just a poor creative choice on the part of Lucas. I don't think that anyone prior to the prequels imagined Jedi being 'warrior monks', they were seen more as 'space samurai' or 'futuristic knights'.

They wore armors and even helmets in TOR

Bring forth the armor.

Armor wouldn't help at all against laser projectiles and blades anyway.
Better to just wear robes and be more dexterous with none of the extra weight from armor.

Phasma had blasterproof armor

all religious warriors would have a battle dress.
it wouldnt be the armor that troopers would have.

They should have been fully decked out. They are Jedi Knights, not Jedi monks. In the 80s, I always envisioned the Jedi knights in armor as they fought in the clone wars.

yes she betrayed the First Order and lowered the shields of Starkiller Base when threatened with a blaster

jedi knights and sith warriors of the old republic used armor and it probably affected the way they fought. Jedi councilors and sith inquisitors on the otherhand have pretty much never worn heavy armor. Not back then and not even during the prequels. In the clone wars, wearing some white plastoid armor plates (identical to the stuff used by the clone troopers) was evidently popularized again by jedi knights such obi-wan kenobi as seen in your pic. Episode II and Episode III take place during the beginning of the war as well as the final days, which is when there weren't that many armored jedi running around. The tv series (both 2d and 3d) subtly explains this by showing some fully armored jedi during the beginning and then gradually removing the pieces to the point where most jedi are pretty much just seen wearing bracers.

>but since TPM Jedi have to wear robes and can't properly use the force without them.
I've never heard of this. Aren't they just clothes? It's just a formality. You could fight naked if you so choosed and it wouldn't affect your abilities.

>Jedi councilors
Jedi consular* jesus christ

>shoulder guards overtop the robe

Almost good.

>that webm
Man, the Dark Side™ is /fa/ as fuck. Who the fuck would choose the republic or whatever it's called over them?

Such bad writing.

Google search:
Knights Templar
Knights Hospitilar
Sohei

I guess Shaolin usually don't wear armor. But they were monks who never really left their temples and weren't leading wars.

Thank god EU is dead

Why can't they just make a jedi knight game again. But with saberrealisticcombat_1

armor with cloth cape or cloak always looks cool.

>Who the fuck would choose the republic or whatever it's called over them?
cucks

thank god indeed. Thanks to the EU timeline being finally closed off forever, its mainline movies will always be limited to I-VI and will never get disney sequels by kathleen kennedy.

>Why can't they just make a jedi knight game again. But with saberrealisticcombat_1
check out movie battles II, it has the deepest lightsaber combat and general gameplay mechanics out of any star wars game that exists and likely will exist during your or my lifetime. It's a total conversion multiplayer mod for Jedi Academy. Lightsabers kill instantly like you'd expect, but one wrong move and you'll be instantly disintegrated by a bounty hunter or some other gunner class.

>they will never base a new sith lord on darth jadus

why even live? jadus was one of the most believable siths ever. he was no regular baddy.

Looks like he's made of whatever scraps BioWare had from Mass Effect 3.
Darth Icky and Darth Insanius need to come in IX

>Thanks to the EU timeline being finally closed off forever, its mainline movies will always be limited to I-VI and will never get disney sequels by kathleen kennedy.
Whenever I get sad about Thrawn or Kyle never getting an adaption, I remember it now being canon that Luke's a 60 year old virgin who drinks sloth tit milk. He seriously got laid less than people who joined a celibate order.

>space samurai or future knights wouldn't be more obligated to wear armor than warrior monks

what do you think of malgus? imo malgus did nothing wrong, he was just ambitious. Kinda sucks you couldn't side with him. That's what you get for being an mmo and not an rpg with legit branching narratives.

Whats the point of armour if the swords cut through anything? It seems redundant. I think everyone wearing robes is silly as well, there's no reason for them not to just wear normal clothes and blend in with wherever they are

for everything else really, shrapnel, blasters, environment

>Whats the point of armour if the swords cut through anything?
Shrapnel, glancing hits, explosives, etc.

>armor
for what purpose?

Phasma is

1. Not canon
2. Not from OT so Luke couldn't have wore one
3. Not even from the Prequels, so no jedi ever could have wore that, in fact the trooper armor didn't even exist until mid-prequels

That's actually just a lazy way to create mooks without having to actually put the effort to design their faces
>lol just give them a mask

Yes they would.

that webm is cringe

The rest is kill.

restrikts fors powerz noob

Robes keep the sun away in a desert
Robes keep you warm in a tundra
Robes keep you dry in a tropical rainforest

Robes are the ultimate clothing style, you plebeian.

This.

the jedi were a peaceful order and marching around in combat armor would contradict that.
the implication is that jedi don't need body armor becuase they're force users/ascetic monks so not only are they nonviolent, but their role is to deescelate violence.
in an all-out war it makes sense that obi wan uses armor because he uses defensive light sabre martial arts
anakin obviously doesn't want armor slowing him down because he's an aggressive fighter.

>the force the force the force

has armor ever done anything in the tv shows and films? blasters just instantly kill everyone anyway

They use their swords to block stuff or their telekenisis

Using the force could be exhausting. So it made sense for the Jedi to wear armor in battles so they wouldn't tire out as fast.

If everyone on a desert planet wears robes then wear robes, If you're on a city planet wear whatever the other population is

Is female, you cislord.

Is this from a game or tv show?

Video game. google SWTOR

Is this from that jedi knight game?

Retards

game trailer/intro/cutscene

youtube.com/watch?v=YdgmH9Vv2-I

the soundmixing was done at skywalker sound and they also used mocap

>budgetary restraints

9/10 jedi are acting incognito and/or it would be preferable for people not to know they're jedi for that reason generic robes favoured by the masses of the galaxy are useful.

No one. ToR had massive faction imbalance issue from day, barely anyone played the republic it didn't help republic stories were on average worse and the (supposedly mirrored) republic classes were mechanically worse at launch. It was also obvious bioware designed the empire classes first and made shit up to fit it to the republic.

>Hugely popular Vader expy
>Face of your fucking game
>constantly interacts with the PCs
>his 'civil war' consists of one mission in ilum that has no build up and a 5man in which he dies
Bioware in charge of making EA money, people

why can't they just indulge my autism and give me some ebin anime tier movie like this instead of a fat vietnamese midget kissing a black man with birthing hips. I know why

Don't forget
>Couldn't even be bothered to give his replacement unique armour or a fucking face.

>Why don't Jedi wear armor
>Posts a Sith
Retard

that's a lifesupport system faggot

Lifesupport system with a speck of agonizer to keep Vader in check.

KoTOR told me that with heavy armor you can't use some of your best force powers

In more than one TPM video game, Plo Koon is shown using a red lightsaber.

The only sith use red lightsabers rule came between TPM and Clone Wars

I thought it was Adi Gaila that used a red saber, while Plo's was orange?
before the green/blue only, of course.

What happened to the rule of 2?

All those guys can use the force and have lightsabers but they aren't sith?

Come the fuck on.

no. Jedi Academy is a game from 2003 on a modified quake3 engine. The webm is a story trailer from an mmo from 2011.

I think that was before darth big guy

Darth Big Guy started that rule around 1-2000 years after the old republic era, when the Sith of the time decided to go above and beyond the call of retard.

Might be remembering wrong, can’t even remember what game it was but I know he held the lightsaber upside down and it was red

Was this the one you were thinking of?

Yeah, googled it, named the wrong Jedi

>I have this magic power to see the future and this sword that can deflect anything
>I literally cannot be struck
>Let me wear some heavy armor that impedes my ability to swing said super sword where my magic future telling powers says it needs to be

They're sith, but that game happens before Darth Bane was even born. There is an entire dark council and shit on korriban and the jedi temple has been relocated back to tython because the one on coruscant is currently in ruins as you see in the webm. It's an interesting period with a full on legitimized sith empire and a galactic republic both alive at the same time with lots of tension between them. Another great, unique chapter in the expanded universe. After kotor, but before bane.

You have to be Yoda or Sheev level before that's a thing

that intro was baller as fuck

the game too, but really fucking harsh for 13 years old kid

>beat the game
>hard mode unlocks

my anus was not ready

Why didn't they give everyone that armor. Snoke could afford a giga nigga death star and an entire fleet out of his ass, he should have invested in his troops

>edgyfest cutscene is better than any fight in NUwars

My guess it was to signify their position as neutral peacekeepers. In CW you can see the jedi using armor, since they are actively in combat.

I like the idea that only the sith use armor.

the jedi are mainly peacekeepers. so being in all battle armor would be like seeing the army act as police.

the sith on the other hand want war and conflict so they always dress ready for battle and make constant and personal upgrades to their armor

>You have to be Yoda or Sheev level before you can block shit with your lasersword

Now try that in a battlefield and see how it goes

YOUR NEW EMPIRAH?

Anakin also wore robes.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Plo Koon's was orange. He was a badass in Jedi Power Battles. My favorite move was when he'd skewer a battle droid on his lightsaber and then throw it across the screen.

In Rebels the MC becomes basically immune to blasters relatively soon after starting training.

I forgot just how much of the Sith designs in TOR outed them as Revan wannabes.

stormtroopers in startrek show you how laughable armor technology is against blasters..

why would an incredibly agile warrior skilled in dodging and deflecting attacks want to hinder that agility with armor?

And he was a good friend

>In Rebels
Is that really the direction you want to go in, user?

You're just jealous you can't fly away on your sabercopter.

I assumed it was more of a case of Revans armor/clothing not being that unique, but rather a certain type of established design from that time period with his own twist added to it (i.e the mandalorian mask)

look at the guy on the left in this webm.
he looks somewhat similar to revan, but without the mandalorian mask. It seems more believable for it to be just a certain style of robes popularized by revan, rather than revan having invented his own outfit entirely by himself. I guess in that sense he could have realistically spawned off wannabes that shamelessly tried to copy his fits.

im 100% sure they made that on purpose because you have to pay real money for the good one without that shit

>Satele got whiter as she got older

>satele got more paler and more chinese as she got older
top ten anime transformations

Only Sith using red was always assumed because red = bad guys. They could give a good guy one but they’d have to deal with the initial wtf reaction.

Rule of 2 is strictly EU bullshit. Yeah, Yoda says it, but I think he meant there’s always at least two, because evil has to spread, which meant if that sith was the Master, he had to have an apprentice somewhere, or more likely, he was the apprentice with a master pulling the strings.

Palatine having Dooku who was training Greivious at Palpatine’s instruction is proof that Sith aren’t limited to just two. I’m fact, if all had went according to plan, he would have had Anakin, Dooku, and Grevious as his apprentices, perhaps Maul too if he hadn’t died as I assume he must have been getting Dooku secretly sometime around Phantom Menace’s time.

They’re just so aggressive, volatile, and prone to killing each other they don’t often grow to a sizable amount once they reach a certain power level.

This is continued in the OT with Palpatine wanting to bring Luke to the Dark Side in ROTJ for training, bringing it up to 3 sith again, but also displaying his devil may care attitude with how quickly he was willing to encourage Luke to kill Vader if it brought him further into the dark, just as he did with Anakin and Dooku.

This is repeated again with Kylo and Snoke trying to bring Rey on to a dark trinity, but Snoke being willing to let Rey or Kylo kill the other of it made one or the other more loyal/further encapsulated in the darkness.

Malgus was marxist. He wanted to incorporate all the aliens to the empire which was a white human organisation with some chiss people. Even though he looked and sounded cool I wouldn't follow him as an imperial.

huh.. been a while since I've played it. I remember them being pro-human, but not pro-white. Don't forget the red sith purebloods.

also I can't blame malgus, pic related was his gf

I hate the ToR artstyle so goddamn much

Adi Galla used the red lightsaber. So did her action figure. However, George didn't like that at all when he said that only bad guys use red while shooting TPM (the games are based on design sketches before the movie is finished).

ToR is post-KoToR? Just learned that Satele is descendant of Revan wew