ITT: Cringiest movies of 2017

Why is everyone hating it? Because some-other-website-we-care-to-much-about loved it?

Why did people think this movie was so good? Honestly if I didn't know beforehand, I wouldn't have even guessed this was an Edgar Wright movie.

I'm not even a huge fan of Wright but at least Sean of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are entertaining, and paced in such a way that it is difficult to be bored by them. Baby Driver was just.. average. Baby wasn't an interesting character, barely anyone was interesting or even memorable at all. Didn't really care much for anybody in the film and it didn't really do anything that well. It wasn't particularly funny, action wasn't particularly amazing, chase scenes were ok but nowhere near the best.

What went wrong, Sup Forums?

dude music in movies lmao

>What went wrong, Sup Forums?

Edgar Wright tried to do many things at once and failed

Yes. Also a hit among normies and critics and we just can't abide that here.

>it was a hit among crit-

It is a videogame in movie form

i agree

no its a music video, retard

I thought all the action and chase scenes were great but it didn't really matter when all the characters and story were such a mess.

>Cringiest

ITT: Most childish articulations of 2017

>we
Kill yourself cancer

Wright tried making an amerishit flick fit for amerimutts

what's the difference these days?

>Something strays from the studio formula and attempts something original once
>Hurr I don't like this, shit's retarded bro, cringe

The only thing bad about this was Kevin Spacey and maybe the opening chase scene. The rest was decent to refreshing.

if you're 12 sure

Sorry if you couldn't appreciate the brilliant sound editing/editing of this movie. That alone was worth it for people that actually see these things.

I don't know about you, but I enjoyed it immensely.

Great non-argument, dude

oh you thought you were arguing? you actually thought you were putting forward an argument? i take it back. if you were 9 sure.

I didn't think there was anything interesting about it. It felt like it was trying hard to be a "stylized" movie (like Drive), but it just ended up feeling like a generic low-quality action flick because the characters were one-note, the visuals were nothing special, and the soundtrack was obnoxious.

Atomic Blonde
Blade Runner 2049
Logan
Baby Driver
Okja
Columbus

This. I also disliked how the dude that was actually defending him turned out to be the "final boss".
The part where he shoots him in the diner was also really lame. At that point he should have just gone for the headshot.

>i h8 this part and that part and this part
Yeah, fuck this. Underage tards like you make the board unbrowsable.
If you're going to complain about the thing at least point out how forced the romance felt or how the characters in general felt artificial, or how it relied a bit too much on the (excellent) sound design without telling much of a story.

it was fucking awful

You will not tell me what I did and didn't like about the movie.

The only parallel of sorts with Drive was the mostly silent character. It was stylized in the way it used sound and music in harmony with the visuals, but the main story and characters ended up hurting because of it. Definitely not Wright's best movie, but it oozed with style. There's no "trying to" to be found here.

You got the wrong movie there, lass.

Rogue one
I don't care that it was 2016

>it's original concept so it must be good!
no. in fact it's hardly an original concept.