New 52 Wonder Woman Volume 8: A Twist of Fate

The comic book that inspired the critically acclaimed movie!

Previous volume (lol):

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kmMhzaF7puM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, we're finally getting into THAT part of the run

This is far and away the worst costume she's ever had. What were they thinking?

This has to be the worst Wondy costume. And this is coming from someone who actually kinda likes the outfit from the '74 TV movie. ... What? It's a cute little 70s as fuck number. Blow me.

But what kills me about this piece of shit are those fucking Assassin's Creed armblades. Now you're just trying to piss me off.

youtube.com/watch?v=kmMhzaF7puM

Buh-but think of all the toyetic potential, user!

She did kill, like, a lot of innocent guys, Diana. A LOT.

Like the armor, could be improved more though.

>THE POOL OF THE GODS
Pretty shitty pool if y'ask me...

The Pool of the Gods! Located at the Motel of the Gods!

Please use a plastic bag when using the ice bucket... of the Gods!

The art looks shitter than usual for some reason.

>toyetic potential
Bullshit. If they want to be toyetic, they ought to bring back the Invisible Jet.

I'm sorry, but you are not allowed to be a money grubbing shit who wants to shill toys, and then act like you're ashamed of a recognizable element that is easy as fuck to make a toy out of.

But then again, it's already pretty fucktarded to be ashamed of an INVISIBLE TELEPATHICALLY CONTROLLED JET PLANE, because that is fucking cool, and lets her more easily stand out from other characters.

fucking lol

Nothing about this costume will ever not be retarded. It's like a... conservative 90s style, or something? She's fully covered but, but it's a corset, but we gave it cool armored pauldrons and edgy hand spikes!

Meredith Finch and David Finch present... Battle Nun!

I think the hand-spikes are supposed to turn the bracelets from a purely defensive thing to a defensive and offensive thing.

The problem isn't covering Wondy up, the problem is that this piece of shit is a huge fat mess that doesn't understand where to begin and end.

finally a decent and proper costume.
It is not appropriate go around in a bathing suit in public.

Hilarious how it trips from corinthian columns and a mountain studded with jail cells to the fucking motel too.

>The problem isn't covering Wondy up
I don't think that's the problem either but my point is this costume is like 90s design sensibilities with the additional caveat you can't show too much skin.

>no coif, wimple and veil
shit tier nun

Why isn't she naked?

Azz run I understand but why storytime Finch run too?

It's a storytime of pain

Its raping time

Fun fact: Wonder Woman is fully naked for 2 hours 5 mins of the total 2 hours 21 mins running time of Wonder Woman: the Movie! You should go see it.

Riiiiight.

Then shouldn't it be that weird Superman comic where Diana is a Nazi and Lois becomes WonderWoman and Lana & Superman become Centaurs?

WHO WILL STOP THIS EVIL GRAFFITI PUNK

It's the first theatrical superhero film with full penetration!

But that's fucking retarded and completely misses the point. But then, the Nu52 in general misses the point of this franchise.

There's a reason the character who is specifically from a warrior society was designed with non-lethal weaponry. Why is it so hard for people to understand this? Fucks sake.

Did she get laid or something?

I welcome the return of the Gold Tiara.

Everything else though, ech.

Anyone else really annoyed by the villain of this section of the run essentially being Evil Percy Jackson?

Like, seriously, Meredith? That's the best you could come up with? And then you fuckin' whitewash Dr. Poison. Truly inspired.

Shit like this is why I like to call you Goblinfucker. Moron.

This but unironically.

Because I am Saxet user! Hear me roar!

Yes! The villain is fucking horrible, way worse than LE EVULZ Donna Troy

From where he's standing, he's got a nice view of her ass

Thanks for explaining that was unexpected, D.

He's just whiny, forgettable asshole with a shit origin. And he unironically enjoys the batmobile sections of Arkham Knight, so that puts him firmly in shit tier

And hey, if Alan Moore can get away with evil Harry Potter...

I completely forgot about Diana being the new god of war, which didn't really make much sense.

Honestly, other than Diana in this being a little crying bitch, this run followed the logical repercussions of what Azz set up.

The amazons wouldn't go back on culture of a thousand of years in the making for a new queen that they always saw as being different and distant. They would slaughter all the male amazons because that's how the previous queen taught them to do.

Hera wasn't going to simple sit on her ass living her husband to remain as a child. She went back on that many times during Azz run. Logically she'd go back on it again.

Diana in Azz was already a conflicted bitch that needed people to tell her what to do. Of course she wouldn't be able to be a queen, a goddess of war and a hero in the JL at the same time.

Say what you will about this run, but it just did the logical thing following what Azz set up.

carol?

Yeah, but that's not all the problems people have with this run

Yeah, the writing, art and characterizations are terrible. I just wanted to point the other things out because i see a lot of people saying this run shat on what Azz set up and i'm all "Really?".

I like to call the late New 52 as the "Diana goes clubbing" phase, aka BARF

Well, what they did with the First Born was kind of retarded. I mean, really? Just an excuse so Diana wouldn't be at Themyscira when the slaughter started? Fucking dumb

That's because she went clubbing with Superman in SM/WW and it was one the few moments where they seemed to enjoy each other's company. So i guess that stuck with the Finches.

Hopefully this will be less tragic than the last time she was in a club (in Brave and the Bold)

Seriously! He's a properly shit villain, and it irks me to no end. He's actually even worse than First Born, if that's even possible.

How fucked is it that Magog being reformatted into an evil Shazam was more compelling? Although to be fair, he was Circe's boytoy in SM/WW, and she can make damn near anything readable.

Wonder Woman is not good at witty smack talk

>HIIIIYAAAAAAAA

How much of his hand is actually on her ass?

Really Diana, smash his spine like that?

I hate these "villain is about to snipe the hero" scenes because you just know they won't hit their target. At most they'll pointlessly hurt/kill a supporting character

That SM/WW still fucking sucked beyond words. I hope they retcon that Magog out. I get trigguered every time i see he complaining about the JL letting his family die because of Diana.

>Diana in Azz's run goes to a metal show in a leather vest and tank top
>Finch decides fuck it put her in a dance club and a generic ass dress

Blame SM/WW. Nu52 Superman was a clubber so Diana became a clubber because of her boyfriend.

GRRRL POWER, user
TOTALLY NOT A FEMINIST THOUGH, THAT'S TOO MUCH

I actually wonder if that scene was written after that disastrous interview

At least have him fuck up and hit her thigh or something.

I hate Charles Soule. I really, really do.

>GRRL power
>But also ass and titties all over the place
This book is trash in every direction

But how can Superman teach Wonder Woman humanity if he doesn't take her clubbing?

By going to dinner with her, going to the park for a picnic, taking a trip to a museum, and any other form of social activity.

PUSSY! COME BACK HERE AND FINISH THIS FIGHT!!

WHAT WOMAN HAVE YOU BECOME?

Other than a shittily written one

My god, even his dialogue reads like shitty fanfiction.

It pleases no one! Even the T&A isn't any good.

They can't have a proper dinner because Wonder Woman godly brothers are always testing Superman to see if his worthy of dating their sister. Of course, Superman always beats their asses, because he's Superman, but it's still a bother.

This guy is the worst character I've seen in a long time.

>AS YOU KNOW...

You know, at the time i had this morbid want to see DC turn all of WW rogues into the gods bastard just to see people crying about it.

But now that you've seen them do a terrible take on the concept you regret that feeling?

Nah. I still wished for it back then.

Wait, his name actually IS Aegeus? How much do you wanna bet he got soooo bullied back at school?

This guy is whinier than Anakin Skywalker

He might still be in Highschool, given how Diana keeps calling her "kid."

That must be why he's such an edgy asswipe.

>Wonder Woman
>not feminist
David, you're a fuckin' idiot.

Actually, this reminds me of when everyone got all uppity because the new writer said that Green Arrow is a social justice warrior. It's like, we can't have characters following the entire point they were designed around because people will I guess kill themselves if they have to see any social issues in a superhero story. Goddamn.

Wow, even the other character are shitting on this guy. That's... pretty bad

Isn't the Magog currently in Supergirl the one from SM/WW? I vaguely recall people bitching about it in the storytime.

Evil Puddle is just laying down some tough love.

This character would be a lot more tolerable if it was a girl.

Yes, he is. He still keeps whining about the Justice League letting his parents die because in the SM/WW arc that he debuted there were flashbacks to the JL formation and we see Diana being a huge cunt that see humans as beneath her and not protecting innocents, one of them being his family.

Shouldnt they really be yelling, how quiet is the music in this club

A cute one that gets easily flustered when things don't go her way?