Jews are depicted as mice, which are vermin and have long snouts

>Jews are depicted as mice, which are vermin and have long snouts
>Nazis are depicted as cats, known for eradicating pests and vermin that would otherwise cause harm

Did he even think about this beforehand?

>Did he even think about this beforehand?

yes. he chose to depict jews as mice as a reference to nazi propaganda where jews were often depicted as rats/mice, as they wanted to depict jewish people as vermin that needs to be eradicated.

Did you even read the comic?

Are you retarded?

Yes back in Senior Year of HS.
Poles are pigs and Americans are dogs.
I want to say Sweden is sheep and France is frogs.

But he was a Jew himself.

The fact that you can't gasp his usage of irony is a testament to your own lack of development.
Art Spiegelman was not afraid of self-criticism, or criticism of his own culture.

His ability to create such art is testament to the obvious, that jewish people are human beings as much as anyone else is, that as is supported by their Old Testament, all men are truly created equal.

Read again, Maus is a good comic

And the British are fish, because they're difficult to catch.

>not because of pic related

Sexy holocaust?

Calm down you autust it's just a comic book.

What did Art mean by this?

Is Vladik the coolest jew ever portrayed in a comic book?

No that's Victor Creed

I think its because they're prominently a Naval power. "Britannia Rules the Waves" and all that.

Cats are literally worse pests than rats though.

nice comeback sperg

>Did he even think about this beforehand?
He did that on purpose. Did you not understand the metaphor?

>Yes back in Senior Year of HS.
And did you fail that class due to your inability to understand metaphors?

t. ratfag

>it's a metaphor
Yeah, a metaphor that shows that the Nazis were correct in wanting to exterminate the Jews.

I suppose next you'll tell me pic related is a metaphor.

Cats also kill things for no reason other than to satiate their own boredom. It cuts both ways.

>Yeah, a metaphor that shows that the Nazis were correct in wanting to exterminate the Jews.
Are you literally retarded?

mice are cute

Not really, my favorite part of the book is that while he for show that Vladek was smart and resourceful, he also goes out of his way to show us that he was a huge asshole, besides being a racist.

Jews can critique/hate themselves just as much as people from other races

Now that the memes have settled down. What do you guys think of Art Spiegelman's art?

Vladik is a lovable asshole but you can still sympathize with his family, i know even I would get tired of his shit

But mice/rats caused plagues and killed others creatures because of it. Basically he is saying yea rats destroy the lives of others but who cares, fuck cats.

>Poles are depicted as irredeemable swine, borderline more evil than Nazis, but uneducated and brutish

It's amazing how much (((they))) love their victim card. (((They))) effectively twisted all historical image of the co-victim to the co-perpetrator. In no small amount through popular culture and Hollywood.
Maus actually was one of the very first things that woke me to how bitterly hateful and deluded (((they))) are today. How viciously you're attacked if you dare even imply (((they))) weren't the nation that suffered most due to WWII. And this happened way before Sup Forums even existed.
So yeah, thanks Spiegelman, and also fuck you.

I kinda like it for its expressiveness, in the same way I like Picasso's. Like his depiction of Guernica. If nothing else, you can see the emotion he's trying to convey.

Mice didn't spread the plague, and only a certain kind of flee that lived on a certain kind of rat did. Brown Rats don't carry it, neither do mice.

The reason why nazis are cats is because of the whole "cats hunting mouses" thing you would see on cartoons

And remember, he didn't portrayed the jews as heroes in the story, it was happening from Vladik's perspective who was also not a good person either, it was every man for himself

>t. pig
Quit your Swine-whining.

Shoo shoo RIDF

t. poland fag

Get the Weiss and Bratwurst out of your ears. Just because things don't match your expectations doesn't mean they aren't true.

Nice shitpost comeback, JIDF.

Jews are allowed to banter with each other if it means proving a point, unlike everyone else in the world.

Hell, half their holy books have much of their pages dedicated to questioning each other's interpretations.

>it's okay when WE do it

blind hatred for its own sake is not proving a point.

>RIDF
whats wrong with the rural infrastructure development fund?

no fun allowed

>implying farmers need paved roads

Being a jackass isn't having fun. It's being a jackass.

enjoy your dirty vegetables

>unironically using meme parentheses

lmao Shaddilay! And praise Kek my fellow Citizen of Kekistan! See you at the next freedom of speech rally where we go out and REEEEEE at all the normies! Stay based!

we are on Sup Forums, you don't need your post irony here

why not

nice b8 m8

people will listen, post irony will just confuse them

Welp those two first panels already fucked my shit, thanks for that

>not washing your vegetables yourself after you buy them

No! I am fReeeeeeeeee, shaddilay!!11

Sorry I just wanted the echoes fag to know what a shithead he sounded like

>being a picky eater

I love meta jokes like these

>not having clean vegetables in the first place so you don't need to wash them

Aren't there several Poles in the book that are decent people and help Vladek out? The story had Poles who were both bad and good because part of the point was that just belonging to a certain ethnicity doesn't inherently make you good or evil.

This.

>having any semblance of common sense is a sign of autism
wew