So we just gonna forget that gems have time travel technology?

So we just gonna forget that gems have time travel technology?
Is there a reason the diamonds didn't immediately just go back to the past to stop pink diamond from being shattered?

yes because all writers are hacks

Because it's a TV show, and nobody really cares about things like this except you.

desu the magic stuff from season 1 is all a bit strange now, like why did the gems have a 'moon goddess' statue? And what even is the temple?

What if that time stuff was just Ancient Human magic mixed with Gem Tech

>Dude just eat your plate of shit, no one is questioning it

>And what even is the temple
CLOCK LORD MAGIC

BAG ON THE INSIDE

Because time travel in SU works on the principle that it transfers people from one universe to another, however it does not allow its user to return to its original timeline, and if the device gets damaged or destroyed, all the things from other universes, or that have been in other universes, turn to dust.

This result in so-called time travelers basically disappearing from their universes, never to return again, thus making the gems scrap the whole time-travel research.

>dust
WATER

This was pretty much a pure fluff episode with a couple of references to the pilot, but if it weren't there's a number of problems.

>The other gems destroyed the entire temple by picking the wrong hourglass, and Steven destroyed the actual hourglass. That one isn't coming back for another century, if ever.
>Gem law is an incredibly strict caste system, and it's unlikely that time travel for practical use would even be tolerated by HW, when the human zoo was viewed as a pathetic mourning necessity even by the top brass
>Time travel objects might be incredibly hard to make/find, and steven might have destroyed the last of them, time-turner style
>HW may not have realised that the hourglass was even functional; while good at creating tech and gems, HW have an unerring way of creating aforementioned items with three different extra properties that it shouldn't have (see Rose the healing soldier, ferrokinesis Peridot and somewhat sane Centipeetle).
>The risk may have been too great to retrieve the hourglass without destroying it; HW gems would have likely picked the wrong one as they've never seen Indiana Jones
>The temple may have fallen into Rose's territory before HW could retrieve it. If you then try to retrieve it, you could highlight to the enemy that they have a time travel device they can use
>The time travel method doesn't delete or overlap your past self, and paradoxes are perfectly possible as long as you don't just kill yourself or destroy the device. Think of 500 continuously spawning retarded rubies fighting over a single hourglass
>It may have limitations for travelling great magnitudes of time; the percentage error might increase, the method that keeps you planted firmly on the same planet might fail, you might lose the ability to turn it off or go back etc.

>all the things from other universes, or that have been in other universes, turn to dust.
this is only true if the original artifact is destroyed before the point in which it is used to transport people back in time

which is why Pompadour Steven couldn't just smash the piece when he realized he needed to fix everything and went back in time to smash it.

>>The other gems destroyed the entire temple by picking the wrong hourglass, and Steven destroyed the actual hourglass. That one isn't coming back for another century, if ever.
>Time travel objects might be incredibly hard to make/find, and steven might have destroyed the last of them, time-turner style
>The risk may have been too great to retrieve the hourglass without destroying it; HW gems would have likely picked the wrong one as they've never seen Indiana Jones
>The temple may have fallen into Rose's territory before HW could retrieve it. If you then try to retrieve it, you could highlight to the enemy that they have a time travel device they can use
But the Homeworld Gems created it, so it is possible they could create it again even if it takes time, the war was over 5000 years ago or something

>>Gem law is an incredibly strict caste system, and it's unlikely that time travel for practical use would even be tolerated by HW, when the human zoo was viewed as a pathetic mourning necessity even by the top brass
The diamonds are gods THE top brass, if they wanted pink diamond alive they would have used time travel and the rest of the gems would praise their actions as heroic and perfect

>see Rose the healing soldier,
Rose Quartz Gems are medics in case a real fighter gets cracked or damaged

>The time travel method doesn't delete or overlap your past self, and paradoxes are perfectly possible as long as you don't just kill yourself or destroy the device.
this is the only way that pink diamond would ever be brought back anyway as pink diamond needing to be saved would be the only reason to send someone back in time to save pink diamond

>It may have limitations for travelling great magnitudes of time; the percentage error might increase, the method that keeps you planted firmly on the same planet might fail, you might lose the ability to turn it off or go back etc.
this is possible

>Rose Quartz Gems are medics in case a real fighter gets cracked or damaged
Rose Quartz are tank+medic, all quartz are made to fight.

Weren't some of the objects the CGs gathered in season one remnants of other gems?

Hell, isn't the mausoleum in the strawberry fields potentially the remains of a shattered gem?

The theories others have put forth are pretty solid, but I figured the hourglass is all that remains of some gem who..I dunno had time freezing abilities or speed-up time powers or whatever. She got glassed when Homeworld tried to nuke the planet from orbit and her mutated form could legit control time. And then this was all that was left of her.

Since she was a lost fragment at best, nobody who could travel back to stop Rose from shattering Pink Diamond ever came into contact with this device and as a result, this option was never considered.

either way having a soldier that can heal things is not an oxymoron and does not imply that it is a property that was unintended during construction

>Hell, isn't the mausoleum in the strawberry fields potentially the remains of a shattered gem?
no it was a gem construct powered by a white gem

the painting was remnants of a gem. powdered gem inside the time turner is a viable theory but if it is, then chances are there are more than one of that gem. as even sapphires come in more than one which means Homeworld could have made another

>the painting was remnants of a gem.
from together breakfast

What if the hourglass was the only prototype and the info now to make one didn't survive?

this is the kind of shit I miss from season 1 it seemed like everything was connected and the world was a thought out pre-existing universe even during townie episodes where it was just subtle things like gem paintings

Or if powdered gem(s) are inside it, a very specific mixture that nobody could conceivably recreate, than whoops. Nobody's getting time travel tech anymore.

>trial and error doesn't exist
it's much easier to reinvent something if you know it's possible in the first place

Why didn't they just go back in time and stop Voldomort.

It's sand/dust, when the Steven that the episode was following disappears, the earliest Steven he warns of future events is left holding a mound(s) of sand.

oh snap you're right

Homeworld can no longer afford trial and error.

How scarred was Steven by that?

This was addressed, if you travel too far back in time (as other bright sparks have attempted to before) you don't actually reach your destination, you just go 'missing'.

In addition, people who do go back in time have a habit of accidentally killing themselves,

they've had 5000 years of colonization and planetary destruction to restock their gem supply especially once earth got nuked

To be honest, most season 1s have few episodes, or segments that are...weird. They didn't really 'set the pace'. Probably a lot of unforseen fuckups. A limit on how far they can travel, and who knows what's required to build it. A sapphire is rare, with its ability to predict the future. I doubt these things can be mass produced when even peridots need to be skimped.

Just like we forget that Steven's bubble can apparently generate oxygen

Not enough to stop him from writing lyrics to an upbeat song such as:

"Steven and the Crystal Gems
We're gonna make you smile
I accidentally created
An alternate timeline."

and

"I learned to stay true to myself
By watching myself die... "

We don't know what was happening on Homeworld during those 5000 years. All we know that it's all advanced to shit and there is a resource crisis.

that scene angered me
>muh human bod
>that functions in the vacuum of space

What if it's not Homeworld tech, but CG tech?

>So we just gonna forget that gems have time travel technology?

Yes.

I know its stupid but just go with it, they probably just regreted that episode the moment they remembered they had a story to tell, just let it go.

why would CGs need to Indiana Jones their own base

In case Homeworld finds it.

This was from nacl when gems were mahic and not sci-fi. Forget it exists, just like those special beetles in giant woman.

>all these weird OP gadgets that are all made by gems
>never to be seen again or even used by other gems
>no references whatsoever

I kinda think this whole gem gadget thing was just plot devices for the first season, and now the whole thing is just thrown out the window.

Reminder that our original Steven died at this episode and all we got was some hack knee replacement

>Sugar is playing 4D chess with her Dragon ball obsession, to the point where the entire early arcs are akin to early pre-23rd tenkaichi budokai and the later arcs of the series are post Saiyan.

My theory is that it's a human invention made with a powdered Sapphire which gives it time travel capabilities.

Kind of like how the poster Garnet burned was made of pigment made with crushed gems.

I think some humans understand that the Gems gem has "magic" capabilities and use them when they get the chance.

Then how did they built it in the middle of the ocean?

Time travel is almost never handled properly in writing, yet the allure of the plot devices ability for fun and expected things is hard for unskilled and skilled writers alike to resist.

I can recall only two times ever where time travel was engaged with sufficient depth and yet was reasonably consistent. Back to the Future and the Danny Phantom time-travel series, though this latter was because of an authority over chronology that could "deal" with paradox. I doubt the consistency would have survived a second follow-up episode as had been planned.

Honestly, I find time travel to be kind of lazy and I've grown bored with how poorly it's handled nearly every time. I'm not even looking at Genndy Tartakovsky's latest work here.

It was probably some weird hourglass enthusiast who wanted to look cool in his underwater hourglass chamber.

What?

Since, at the time, humans couldn't build underwater structures, escepially out of glass, it's safe to say that that hourglass enthusiast was a gem.

Or just a human that took over a Gem structure, maybe the hourglass was made out of the Gem who lived there.

Throwing all the mystical elements out in favor of sci-fi ones.

How could a human reach an underwater structure in the middle of the ocean? (That's most likely away from the most cradles of civilization).

Oooh ok.
To add to this, why would a human build an air tight lair under the ocean where the only way in and out is a warp pad they can't use

Humans can do some weird shit.

Not of the magnitude.

>Implying the Diamonds actually care about each other
>Use PD's shattering to justify genocide
>Gem society is a fascist oligarchy
>Gems are racism and a strict caste society
>One less Diamonds mean more power for the remaining Diamonds
>Gems don't have real feelings
>Gems aren't real people

*that

Steven and the Stevens still remains the best SU episode, and your utterly boring attempts at rationalizing it based on your precious lorefaggotry just serves to prove it.

Because this show opens a ton of 'can of worms' scenarios which could break the plot if someone actually used common sense and asked questions.

Not that user, but I'm sure time turners existed at a point where crucial events that could have lead to voldemort's downfall could have been reached without the 'disappearing' part.

Did you really expect anything else? This show's fanbase is at least 3 levels below the least common denominator.