Why do you guys hate Steven Universe?

Why do you guys hate Steven Universe?
A bunch of friends are telling me to watch it and i think the art looks really good, but i don't want to lose my time

It's just a vocal minority that hates it

I don't hate it, I just don't think that it's good. I've seen better shows and there's better shows going on right now.

Steven Universe is the most discussed cartoon on Sup Forums brah

That's why it gets haters. Same as Homestuck used to be a few years ago.

Because this is Sup Forums and they just hate everything. The more visible, the more hate, regardless of quality.

It's actually exceptionally good and probably the best thing currently airing on tv

>Sup Forums
You mean /trash/?

Anyway it needs less crying

Same besides Star vs and SU I cant think of anything to watch all TV is crap right now.
Even worse with SJ being over.

Homestuck is trash, though.

>i think the art looks really good
If you're not immediately repulsed by it, then you might as well try it

Everyone knows this show but nobody unironically hates it. Your opinion is trash, user.

>lose my time
>asks Sup Forums what to do
They're like 10 minute episodes. You can watch 3 or so of them while you eat dinner or some shit, form an opinion, and come back to see if this turns into a hellhole.

Most of the things people get mad about are people forgetting its a cartoon for children

you think the art looks good?
look at their noses!
look at their blobby proportions!
you cross-eyed or something?

The only thing I hate is when the SUfags aren't able to contain themselves and have to spam their shit across not only this board but across several boards. Hell that's what people on here hate the most, the fanbase is god damn atrocious and annoying to deal with. With shit like Star vs or current Voltron they don't just flood out and about, those fanbases understand that Sup Forums is for every fandom and having shit dominated by one or two of them only serves to degrade the quality of posting, kinda like what Sup Forums has come to with their constant Nintendo vs. Sony shit. That's why their general isn't allowed to come out of /trash/ when there's no new episodes, because if the mods allowed the kingpin to run freely then so will the underlings. /sug/ should actually be thankful that hiromoot is only putting them in /trash/ and not shoving the whole fandom into a containment board like /mlp/.

Its an OK show. Just skip all the filler.

I don't hate it, but it's annoying to have 2 episodes of plot for every 10 townie episodes.

It has issues with direction. Like it can't decide if it's supposed to be an action show, a comedy, a drama, sci-fi, fantasy, serialize, episodic, etc.
As a result, the different elements of each genre clash together to the point where you're forced to ignore/avoid the huge chunks of the show you don't like and only focus on the stuff you do like.

Since I like the episodic adventure stuff and dislike the backstory/plot and townie shit, that leaves only about 10% of the show that I actually like.

That's over 50% of the show.

I think the main problem is that it wants to have a large, overarching plot but only knows how to move laterally with it. The last Stevenbomb we got yesterday was the most the show has moved forward since Season 3, and Season 3 was sluggish in actual series advancement.

It's pretty good. There's some genuine things to dislike about it, but most of the shitposting you'll get around here is just Sup Forums posting. Some days the show deserves it, but most of the time they're just looking for something to be mad about.

>tfw you can easily fit the whole plot so far into a 3-2 hour format
Steven Universe Kai when?

People dont like how certain characters like Peridot, Lapis, and Jasper were handled in the second half of the second season onwards. The show has changed a lot in terms of tone and themes in the past 3 seasons. Also some people have been upset with how Rose's backstory is being fleshed out and revealed.

Please. This hasn't been true in seasons

to condense my feelings
>lesbians engaging in the in-universe equivalent of sexual intercourse on a children's cartoon show
>bad art direction (look at how much peridot has fucking shrunk, steven too) and ugly art style
>also subpar animation and framing, it doesn't take advantage of the fact that it's a cartoon to do anything fun except make wacky faces sometimes
>taking the adventure time approach of telling a story, which is to say not doing so except every once in a blue moon because we have to pretend this is still an episodic series instead of one with an overarching plot that most of the intended audience is watching for
>the single worst fanbase i've ever seen, i've never seen a fanbase that i can safely call evil before
>it's a show for children and i'm pretty sure kid me would find it boring and stupid, and kid me had pretty good taste
>i don't like the music either
i'm sure other people in the thread can and will be more in-depth about their opinions but that's me.

>DBZ
>Low filler, plot is simply stretched over dozens more episodes than necessary
>SU
>High filler, plot is simply hung up in the background of most episodes
Steven Universe can't even do drawn out anime series correctly

oh yeah i forgot
>rips off anime constantly to the point of straight up tracing over fight scenes
>said fight scenes are floaty and weightless which is fucking infuriating to watch

You don't expect anyone to take this seriously do you? It says a lot when your first argument is "you shouldn't like it because it's too mature for kids"

>He thinks SU is a children's cartoon show and not one for older teens
>He thinks having multiple storyboarders with their own takes on the SU world is ugly and bad
>He thinks SU is subpar
>He thinks Adventure Time is bad
>He thinks SU fanbase is worse than mlp, loud house, sonic, pokemon, digimon, and animaniacs fanbases combined
>He thinks he knows what kids like
>He has bad tastes in music
This is all I see from your post

I actually love it to pieces. I can't stand getting into I HATE THIS circle jerks with people on this board so I mostly avoid most conversations about it.

>you shouldn't like it because it's too mature for kids
>YOU SHOULDN'T like it
the post asked why i didn't like it, not why others shouldn't. if people like the show in spite of that, that's fine but it doesn't sit right with me. i'm lucid enough to know that these are in fact shows made with children in mind. seeing out and out lesbians is weird to me. it doesn't help that the show is coming out in this awkward puberty faze of "progressiveness" where simply having gay characters in your show gives you automatic progressive points, never mind how poorly written or integrated into the series they are, see korra. it don't sit right with me.
that doesn't stop kids from watching it, nor does it stop it from being marketed towards kids and aired at a timeslot convenient for children.
multiple storyboarders isn't bad obviously, but there's no consistency. steven needs a fucking stool for little babies to reach the kitchen counter at one point and he's fucking 14.
i said the animation is subpar, but yeah, i'll say the show is too.
adventure time got bad, yes. i dropped it a long time ago.
when any of those fandoms make the creators step in and tell them to fuck off, let me know.
i know what kid me liked. kid my sister might have liked it, but i wouldn't have.
it's almost like music is an entirely subjective medium and i can tell you that your taste is shit because you don't like harsh wall noise. also my taste in music rules, don't fuck with me.

>With shit like Star vs or current Voltron they don't just flood out and about, those fanbases understand that Sup Forums is for every fandom and having shit dominated by one or two of them only serves to degrade the quality of posting

Give it time. SU had a somewhat normal fanbase pre general and all the obsessed weridos joined when their previous fandoms started to die. It's a curse popular shows have to deal with.

I'm talking about shit like this
The character models are awful, but then again, every cartoon right now has awful character models

>That's why their general isn't allowed to come out of /trash/ when there's no new episodes
Not even then is it allowed, apparently. /sveg/ threads were deleted even during the last week of S2, leading to a spillover of multiple threads at once.. Since then /notsveg/ has settled into this sort of general-in-all-but-name pattern.

>but i don't want to lose my time

I'm curious, OP. What exactly makes you think your time is valuable?

As an SoL series, it's not that interesting or funny and a lot of the characters don't act like normal people would like at all. The overarching plot is fairly interesting but it's been a bit of a letdown when it comes to many of the plot elements and it only brings the plot into scope every once in a while. Almost all of the emotional parts are pretty much just cheap melodrama and the action is mediocre and doesn't take advantage of their arsenal of abilities at all. I personally found it frustrating to watch after a while.

The fact that he values it. It's a pretty simple concept.

>Listening to shitposters
Do you let strangers decide everything for you?

We don't.

>/sug/ should actually be thankful that hiromoot is only putting them in /trash/ and not shoving the whole fandom into a containment board like /mlp/.

It's honestly not big or bad enough to warrant that.

People mostly hate the fanbase

You're forgetting that like every show that gets popular on Sup Forums, people who hate the show also spam threads to turn people against it.

It's inconsistent. Inconsistent art, inconsistent writing, inconsistent character development. It's a show that wants to be a lot of things at once and as such doesn't particularly excel at anything.

At first it doesn't seem so bad because it looks like the show will be heading somewhere, but in truth it just meanders back and forth between wanting to be a slice of life or an epic sci-fi drama and it comes of as really clunky.

When the show is good, it's fantastic, but it feels like most of the story boarders have no idea how they want the show to move forward so everyone is just sort of doing there own thing. And 50% of the time "their own thing" sucks.