Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A1PAO3jgmXY
youtube.com/watch?v=5WpYWpN0VXU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This whole movie was weird as shit.

>cringe

>we have to deal with 10000 harry potter threads now

Communism

I don't remember this, is this from the extended version?

it made tween panties wet for the first time

why are his flips so sloppy?

>ALBOOOOS!

youtube.com/watch?v=A1PAO3jgmXY

don't pretend you didn't think they were badass as fuck when you first watched it

They're here to shill for Drumpf and illegally win the election against the rightful winner who had THE POPULAR VOTE

youtube.com/watch?v=5WpYWpN0VXU
?

Spectacle.

The idea is that this is a sports competition so basically this is akin to a team showing off before a game.

THAT'S MY BOY!

Prisoner of Azkaban was the only good movie.

low brow entertainment for children sold as a thought provoking and culturally defining masterpiece

NOOO
I WON'T LEAVE HIM

Each school that showed up did their little show for everyone

Cinematically? PoA and Deathly Hallows part 1 are the best/only good ones.

Can you explain why exactly you expected coherent and believable actions from a character a part of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>PoA and Deathly Hallows part 1 are the best/only good ones
>Deathly Hallows part 1
>good

he was 5 when it came out

The best acting in the entire series.

None of them are good

I take it you thought Al Gore beat Bush as well?

It was nice. Something for the gals and something for the guys. Too bad Hogwarts didn't do jack.

>Rand and Camus god tier
Thank you user. I have no idea why Rand is shit on so much (actually its pretty obviously because she's a woman right winger) but compared to 1984 & Brave New world, her book is much more interesting.

Part 1 is vastly underrated.
PoA is still better than it in every way, but its use of lighting and sound cements it among the best in the series.

>the Deathly Hallows animation
>all the actors' performances the best they'd ever been

I laughed when the did it. When the French girls came in too.

Overrated morose schlock that people in their late teens latched onto because the distinct tone of the first 2 movies was too much for their cynical brains to enjoy.

Prisoner is Azkaban is literally the reason the HP franchise became so fucking boring and dull

So the Russians are a black fraternity?

I was 13, loved even SW prequels and thought this was maximum cringe.

Breakdancing is cool.

Explain this

>Bulgarians? Uh take Russians, ditch the fur caps and make it more like an X Factor audition
>Also give them real shitty clothes because people in those countries all dress like Stalin
>The headmaster? Fuck it, just make him Rasputin

You will never watch HP: 120 days in Azkaban

they did, its in the deleted scenes

>No Adidas tracksuits.

>those fucking shorts and socks/ugly shoes combo
literally can smell the low test from my monitor

>probably in her mid 20s to early 30s
gross

It's comfy sitting like that, also it feels nice to feel the breeze down there.

Proud alpha nationalism parade, while all the griffendor soyboys watches in jealousy

The dude taking the picture is somehow dressed tackier than she is.

but gryffindor are the chads you mongo.

>Dumbledore rapping
I see why they left it out.

Thank God I'm not the only one who hated it.

>Explain this.
the movie was made during the time when "artistic vision" actually MEANT something for a big budget popcorn film

that's why the third movie feels like a Cuarón movie, and a fourth movie fees like a Newell movie.

it was a different time...and now it's over.

This. It's cuaronkino. Shot composition, camerawork, proper tone for a coming-of-age transition of a story, exploitation of loneliness themes, etc. The only good thing to ever come out of Harry Potter franchise after the first book I'd say.

can't find anything on google about him.

I agree with you, but Arthur pulling Harry every which way in that scene felt forced. A real "Im directing!" scene imo

I always liked the first 3 movies a lot, just because it was full of whimsy. As they get older and the stakes get higher, i feel less connected to hogwarts