When did you realise that Star Wars had been killed...

When did you realise that Star Wars had been killed? To me it was when i saw this face in the big screen i immeadetly knew. Who the fuck in his right mind would ever cast this guy as a sith lord. Its like a bad joke.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GFLGRidfFo4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What a dummy.

>When did you realise that Star Wars had been killed?
When I've seen TFA trailers.

But Adam Driver’s the only actor who turned in a good performance lol

>Didn't think Star Wars was killed with Phantom Menace

Why?

apology for poor english

when were you when ster sporgs dies?

i was at home eating katsuoboshi when arin ring

'herrisen sporg is kill'

'no'

Still writing him as an autistic sperglord killed the spirit of Star Wars completely. Whats worse, they just had to cast the nerdiest looking guy they could find in the role.

This, it was condemned to fail from the start with the nigger face showing up and the stupid kylo ren light saber

They wasnt as good as the OT but they still had the Star Wars spirit in them. Making them Star Wars.

Because I could still play star wars vidya after that. Now I am disgust.

>I WANT EBIL BADIES WITH MASKS DOING EBIL THINGS THEN BEING STOPED BY GUD JEDIS

+it just felt more coherent while it also expanded the SW universe. Where in the mouse is just destroying everything, and changing things when it feels like it.

When Ooga Boyega’s gorilla face popped up in the trailer

When the post ROTJ eu was nuked and JJ Abrams was tapped as the guy to establish the state of the Star Wars galaxy as we find it in the sequel trilogy. For a so called fanboy, Abrams never gave two shits about pre-existing lore or consistency within the universe.

>but they still had the Star Wars spirit in them

Yeah no

But honestly isnt that exactly what makes a Star Wars film, like, the reason why anyone liked the movies in the first place?

Call me brainlet all you want but atleast i know what i like. If you want to see some space nerd getting beat up by some feminists then go ahead. Just not for me.

They most definetly did tho.

When I saw the second Death Star for the first time on the lobby poster for RETURN OF THE JEDI back in the early '80s. That's when I realized that they were out of ideas and were just going to keep rehashing things if they kept making more movies. And then I saw the Ewoks.

>Kylo Ren
>Sith
Disney has made it clear Ren and Snoke are not sith

Nah yeah.

I really like Kylo desu. I've never seen this type of villain before: a whiny, angsty sperg is very refreshing.

Kylo Ren and Snoke weren't Sith Lords. The Sith went extinct when Anakin tossed Palpatine into the garbage shoot.

That Luke picture in the bottom right of the screen.

Thing is, he ISN'T a sith lord

When they immediately cancelled TCW.

Even if he did, it wouldn't matter. He can't hack it as a sith baddie purely because of his goofy looks.

>thinking he's a sith
You're a massive pleb so your opinions absolutely don't matter

Remember when we thought Kylo Ren was supposed to be a Revanite?

I did when I saw return of the Jedi.

He is a Sith. That's why in TLJ he only talks about the Sith and Jedi and never once mentions Ren.

Do you not realize that the entire point of his character is to be an autistic sperglord with a Vader inferiority complex?. All the whining about TFA being a ripoff of ANH but you seem to think Ren is an issue because he isn't enough of a Vader clone. This is why Star Wars can't go anywhere.

The OT will never die. The newer movies just never managed to live up to it because the industry cannot get over itself. As long as they don't drastically change their entire approach and goals, they'll never come up with something that feels meaningful anymore.

Kotor

I've recently been playing sims 3 and this is fucking hilarious. I needed to install so many fucking custom sliders to make actual good looking sims

Episode I

>Implying he isn't, and they aren't just bad at the fundamentals of telling a story to the point where they can't establish a single fact about any of their characters

The concept is quite good actually, but it needs better writers than these for a good execution.
By far the least annoying part of the nu-wars.

>as a sith lord

Why is this moron wearing a mask if he takes him off randomly? WTF

When I saw the first trailer I knew it was over. I didn't even watch TFA in theatres. I thank God every day I had the foresight necessary.

I watched it right before TLJ came out and still haven't watched TLJ.

Unironically, somehow the dogshit known as Rogue One was better than the other turds Disney let slide out.

No?
In what world is a concept of a Vader fanboy who throws tantrums good?
If the parody-movie franchise was still running(i.e Scary Movie, Epic Movie, etc) THIS is the kind of concept it would go for. And that's not a good thing.

let's put it in this way: is better than Vader 2.0, you cannot beat Vader.
Don't bother to answer, I am not going to defend these shitty movies and they DID NOT play it well anyway.

>complain about the only good actor in nu wars

pleb tier

Well he was supposed to be taken advantage of by a hot Sith mommy

Lol does he have breast cancer

Did you intentionally ignore the part where he said it needed better writes/execution? A young force user idolising a legend of the past is a perfectly fine concept for a character. It's something every non-autistic viewer can identify with, but has an interesting twist since he's idolising an evil man.

The original trailer announcing TFA with the giant big lipped negereo

Mark Hamil was better

>Who the fuck in his right mind would ever cast this guy as a sith lord.
Probably a Habsburg.

Kylo is the only thing well developed from this franchise, and the only thing that can MAYBE salvage the DT if they give him enought time on ep. IX.

When Finn and Rose launched into a minute of bullshit technobabble like they were in Star Trek. The movie'd kinda bad up until then, but that was the straw that broke the bantha's back.

The autistic sperglord thing works better in TLJ than TFA desu.

This is why Star Wars can't go anywhere sweetie.

>Who the fuck in his right mind would ever cast this guy as a sith lord.
Imagine being such a brainlet that you don't get Nuwars.

It will all be worth it if Rey goes dark and Kylo goes light

They won't. It's all ogre. Just accept that it's dead.

Not as bad as that nog trying to fuck that Mary Sue "girllll powr" bitch.

>Sith Lord
?

Driver is great, you should have known it was dead when the Nigtrooper showed up in the trailer

If they were planing on it they would have done it by the end of TLJ.

t. soiboi

I would have actually watched a movie where they both go dark and just put down the New Republic because it's incompetent and worthless.

If Adam Driver wasn't tall he'd be a fucking loser

If you wasn't autistic you wouldn't be here.

No.
Revan was designed as a crusading knight crossed with a monk.
Kylo is designed as that kid who wore a trench coat and thought he looked awesome

I recently realized one big reason why these films really suck.

In one press conference, Kathleen says that when they make a film, they write the storyline first without specific characters in mind, and then afterwards when the story is done they create and insert characters into it.
In other words, characters actions don't follow from their traits, background and motivations. This is why every character just feels like it's 'going through the motions' of the story, but you can't quite figure out why.
Normally when you write a story, the characters are most important and the things that happen in the story are a direct result of how those characters react to situations.

So they "write" a story and then have the directors tweek it with their own writer? Sounds insane.

That goes a long way to explaining it.
Most authors mention how they often have to rewrite their books when a character gets in the way of the plot, because the alternative is having them act out of character, or have the plot bend over for them.

TLJ is a good example of both.

How do I achieve this look?

>When Ooga Boyega’s gorilla face popped up in the trailer

100% THIS!!!FACT!!!

I think I got the first inkling it was terminally ill when Disney unveiled its 'Force for Change' virtue signalling initiative shortly after purchasing the franchise.

He is the only good thing in new movies
But i didnt watch last 2 SW movies (and I will not)

with dirty bulks done dirt cheap, my friend

You don't need a Vader clone. You need a Darth Maul, a Count Dooku, or a General Grievous.

ALSO, THE ONLY ROLE THIS UGLY CUNT DRIVER (WHO FRAGGED HIMSELF TO GET OUT OF SERVING AS A MARINE AFTER DOING THE TRAINING) SHOULD BE PLAYING IS SPLINTER IN TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES!!!FACT!!! youtu.be/GFLGRidfFo4

Yes we can all see it, We are not blind

When fleet commander poe retardedly pulled a mutiny because he couldnt figure out any way abandoning ship could not be suicide.dumbass

Sauce?

Not sure how, but I managed to delete the entire first part of this.

>WHO FRAGGED HIMSELF TO GET OUT OF SERVING AS A MARINE AFTER DOING THE TRAINING
Sauce?

that alone should tell you that Star Wars has had its death knell

>>Shortly after the September 11 attacks, Driver joined the United States Marine Corps[12] and was assigned to Weapons Company, 1st Battalion, 1st Marines as an 81mm mortar man.[13] He served for two years and eight months with no deployments before breaking his sternum while mountain biking.[14] He was medically discharged. After leaving the Marine Corps, Driver attended the University of Indianapolis for a year; he transferred to the Juilliard School to study drama. Driver said that he was seen as an intimidating and volatile figure by his classmates, and struggled to fit into a lifestyle so different from the Marines.[10] He was a member of the Drama Division's Group 38 (2005–2009), along with his future wife Joanne Tucker. He graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in 2009.[15]

the main reason he was so awkward is because he was sexually molested by Creepy Uncle Luke when he was younger. Getting penetrated by a robotic finger would be enough to drive anyone over the edge

only to scare kids into drinking their milk or Creepy Uncle Luke will molest them

>When did you realise that Star Wars had been killed?
When I watched Episode I.

You mean Jake, right?

This is the exact opposite of what Borges said one has to do with Characters in "Other Inquisitions."

When I read first of the new novels I had my doubts, then I read the aftermath novels and I knew for sure

a sith LORD?

t. milenials

After I walked out of TFA, I knew that was the last time I would pay for a Star Wars movie. I thought TLJ could be good, but I knew it wouldn't be great. After TLJ it was dead, I have no interest in any future shit they churn out.