What’s your favorite David Lynch film?

What’s your favorite David Lynch film?

bump

Eyes Wide Shut

The Straight Story. The only film where he actually took risks and made a really nice comfy movie. None of that "Oh look at me, I'm weird" stuff. Just a straight story (pun intended) about two brothers reuniting.

blue velvet is kino af
>Inb4 "entry-level pleb"

The Fly

LA Trilogy

Mulholland Drive desu

Inland Empire is the worst movie I've ever seen.

This desu

overrated as fuck

eraserhead
>pun intended
don't act like that's your joke that you came up with

Fire Walk With Me
Sheryl Lee is the best Lynchette though Naomi comes very close

I wasn't. What's your problem?

The weird shit is what makes Lynch, Lynch.
Anyways, of all the one's I've seen, Fire Walk With Me and Eraserhead are his best works.

It's the female version of Lost Highway user, it's still kino. That's probably why I like it so much, but I like all his films a lot. Inland Empire was a fucking chore to watch though.

>mfw the lesbian scene in Mulholland Drive gets my pussy moist every time I see it

The Shining

I agree but that's why I think Straight Story was so risky for him and it paid off well. As far as what you might call a "true" Lynch film, I always liked Lost Highway.

>Fire Walk With Me and Eraserhead are his best works
correct

I agree. The Straight Story is my personal favourite. I'd call it a near perfect movie. I'd do the same for Eraserhead but emotionally it doesn't touch me the way Straight Story does.

The weird shit with Straight Story was it didn't have weird shit?

Easily Dune
Eraserhead if I'm feeling hipster douchey

How can one lady be so kino?

Dune is the hipster douche choice, retard

Dune was such shit. Lynch barely directed it.

your boipucci ?

I really like wild at heart

This one

Lost Highway

I hesitate between Inland Empire and the Matrix Revolutions. I literally fell asleep in the theatre for Empire and when I woke up I saw other people still asleep.

Twin Peaks: The Return

1. Mulholland Drive
2. Season 1 of Twin Peaks
3. Lost Highway
4. Fire Walk With Me

And yet I haven't got round to Twin Peaks: The Return yet.

God Laura Dern is so fucking ugly

Still better than most of his bullshit, retard.
>Mulcrappy drive is really deep maaaan

>tfw my gf keeps talking about how cute she is anytime we rewatch Twin Peaks

I'd like to take this time to thanks Kathleen Kennedy and the rest of the Disney fucks that made it possible to kill all the things I found hot about Laura Dern in Jurassic Park.

Also, it would actually have been better had Lynch directed TLJ, especially because of the massive headache Lucas would give him.

My personal favorites are FWWM and WaH. Wouldn’t objectively call them his best though

I like TSS too but you’re a retard if you actually believe the rest of what you wrote

Fire Walk With Me.
It's comforting.
Plus the score is incredible.

I like all of his work, OP.
He's one of my favorite filmmakers.
Lynch, PTA and Terry.
They each resonate with me deeply, each in a different way.

I like TSS too but you're a retard if you believe the rest of what you wrote

Why is FWWM so comfy? It’s a movie about a girl slowly slipping into horrifying degeneracy and dying yet I could watch it all day.

because you have psychotic tendencies

KYE BETTER WIN THAT GOLDEN GLOBE TONIGHT OR ILL FUCKING RIOT

Was Dougie a christlike figure?

Because of Sheryl Lee. Ray Wise. While Twin Peaks is campy, there's the shady side of life going on here.
Laura suffering. The score and sound design. Getting her angel

The strolling pace, especially during the first 30 minutes. Sound design. People won't notice this one usually but the interior design in all Lynch's work is grade A. Good mix of Lynchian qualities and being grounded in reality.

Of the ones I've seen
1. Lost Highway
2. Eraserhead
3. Mulholland Drive
4. Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
5. Blue Velvet
BV didn't wow me. Maybe it would have if I'd seen it in the 80s.

Louie

The atmosphere is perfect, its like the show in that the town of Twin Peaks is comfy as fuck, yet we’re always a step removed from that since Laura’s Twin Peaks is Hell.

Also Sheryl and Ray have some of the best screen presence I’ve ever seen, I’d watch a three hour movie about them painting a fence.

Straight Story is a great film and here's a fact: my super Christian aunt (who border line pukes when a Twin Peaks trailer appears in her television) did find it I quote 'very weird'.

It's amazing how great an actress Sheryl Lee is. Everything she's been in has been kino
A shame that she's had lewd scenes in basically everything she's been in because of Twin Peaks, though

blue velvet

Kind of agree, it’s definitely one of my favorite Lynch films but it’s not as rewatchabl due to the twist

>me on the right

You might just be gay user
She was great in Homage and she was braless the whole time and had a scene talking about her wet pussy

should I watch elephant man or inland empire tonight?
only lynch kinos I havent seen

I love women but I think I might have broken the part that's supposed to enjoy overt lewdness by shitposting too much on Sup Forums

Regardless I still really enjoyed the movie, they did a good job balancing her lewdness with how messed up Lucy was as a person, kinda like with Laura in Fire Walk With Me.

Although the only Sheryl Lee movies I’ve seen are FWWM, Homage, and Vampires so I guess your point was true lol

Elephant Man

Depends on your mood
>comfy, melancholic: EM
>wacked out horrifying fever dream: IE

I think it's to do with the wallpaper. Lots of old floral print. Lots of decaying / dirty walls too. Really transports you back.

The Return would be 1st on your list.

I agree with you that Homage is great and the lewdness makes sense for the character but it really does feel like every director has wanted to have a naked or topless Sheryl in their film. Not that I blame them as such since she is a beautiful woman but it's not far from being as much of a repeating feature as Liam Neeson's action film character if you know what I mean
You should watch Backbeat and Mother Night. They're both really good and both, unsurprisingly, have Sheryl going topless
Love, Lies and Murder is also pretty good, especially for a TV film

>Lynch barely directed it
That probably explains why I like it.
I'm not into arthouse bullshit that NEVER has a payoff

Because it has the same comfy aesthetic as the show even if what’s happening to Laura isn’t comfy

My ranking of Lynch-kino:
1. Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
2. Mulholland Drive
3. Twin Peaks: The Return
4. The Elephant Man
5. Twin Peaks (original run)
6. Eraserhead
7. The Straight Story
8. Inland Empire
9. Lost Highway
10. Blue Velvet
11. Wild at Heart
12. Dune

Definitely my favourite living director and is in my top 5 all-time directors alongside Tark, Powell, Syberberg and Piavoli.

I’ll have to check those out, thanks user. Backbeat looks pretty interesting, I’m a big Beatles fan and I hadn’t heard of this before. Always thought the Sutcliffe story was tragic, cool they made a movie with Sheryl in it. Hopefully they don’t make Astrid Kirchherr look like a bad giy though

good, don't.

It's on my list. I'm just waiting for the right moment.

this is accurate
this is not a worst emma thread

I said I wasn't

Just started season 3.

Oh my god.. IT SUCKS (so far)

>777
HELLO-OOO-OOO

Those mommy legs tho.

FWWM but Wild at Heart is pure kino as well

I unironically wish he'd make a movie out of nothing but comfy night time car rides

When did Fire Walk with Me become everyone’s favorite Lynch movie? I’m only familiar with his non-TP stuff but until recently FWWM was mocked and shit on.

Let me guess... You're a huge fan of Lynch's other work?

>until recently FWWM was mocked and shit on
meme kids used to look at the shitty reviews from the 90s to form their opinions.

it's because its contents became increasingly significant with the release of The Return. it's still not objectively an exceptional piece of filmmaking, but its execution as well as its content resonate with twin peaks fans

probably The Elephant Man since it was a normal movie and doesn't try to LYNCHED me

>critics shit on it
>that makes it worst film
How about think for yourself

Honestly most Twin Peaks fans I know always loved it. I think most of the disdain for the movie comes from non-fans of the show trying to watch it just as a Lynch film, being confused as fuck and just calling it shit.

I think a lot of people realized in spite of some missteps on Lynch’s part it’s still a deeply moving and empathetic film, and Sheryl Lee and Ray Wise give absolutely incredible performances.

Underrated

It pisses me off that Sheryl didn’t get an Oscar nod or basically any recognition for how well she did because of that. Fuck Hollywood politics