/lbg/ - Letterboxd General

Golden Globes edition

QotD: What do you think deserves to win Best Motion Picture - Drama or Best Motion Picture -
Comedy or Musical?

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/machill54/
letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/
letterboxd.com/plastichandgun/list/tiff-cinematheques-best-of-the-decade-1990s/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

me

me

my future masterpiece
it's going to be too patrician for the average critic to appreciate however

Fuck ratings, 5 stars too short and likes are a joke
And 10 stars is way too much, they should be seven stars at most

DW Griffith's caveman filmmaking

The what?

letterboxd.com/machill54/

Haven’t seen most of the nominees yet
I think get out will get comedy and drama will be CMBYN probably? Maybe three billboards

You don't really think you'll win, do you?

These are the three best directors of all time

How do you justify pirating movies, /lbg/?

Everyone who made old movies are dead

"I didn't know they made champagne in Idaho!"
>the Sup Forumstard begins to chuckle
"WAIT A MINUTE, THAT'S MY CAR!"
>the Sup Forumstard laughs out loud, spewing tendies crumbs all over his desk
"I didn't know you were interested in READING!"
>the Sup Forumstard can hardly contain his full bellied laughter as chortles begin to fill the room
*bergman does The Dentist Dance*
>The Sup Forumstard starts convulsing on the floor, gasping for air between spasms of laughter
*Goldie Hawn shows her leg*
>the Sup Forumstard's heart explodes and he dies

It’s free and low risk of getting caught
The rate that I watch movies would not be financially viable - it’s certainly not the case that each thing I watch is a ‘lost sale’, and easy access to free movies has allowed my interest in film to develop and I am now a person that does spend a fair bit of disposable income on films for this reason

What are some /lbg/ reccs before the Globes start?

That's not Saulnier

BvS

DOUgley win award

Themla was good

HE WAS DA BESS AND EBBEEWUN ELSE IS BAD

Who cares

You do.

damn good coffee haha

user...thank's.

Knock it off, Julie. I don't need you to tell me how fucking good my coffee is, okay? I'm the one who buys it. I know how good it is. When Bonnie goes shopping she buys SHIT. I buy the gourmet expensive stuff because when I drink it I want to taste it. But you know what's on my mind right now? It AIN'T the coffee in my kitchen, it's the dead nigger in my garage.
Let me ask you a question. When you came pulling in here, did you notice a sign out in front of my house that said "Dead Nigger Storage"? You know WHY you didn't see that sign? 'Cause it ain't there, 'cause storing dead niggers ain't my fucking business, that's why!

Back in Summertime, I took A Passage to India and had a Brief Encounter with Lawrence of Arabia. This Happy Breed of Lawrence's Passionate Friends introduced me Ryan's Daughter, who screeched so loud she was Breaking the Sound Barrier. I had Great Expectations of Lawrence, but he cursed me with the Blithe Spirit and I had to see Doctor Zhivago and take a pill called Hobson's Choice. Quite an Oliver Twist.

i corn not believe it... but i butter believe it... this movie is amaizeing, olive it. if you do not see it you will bagel-ous of youre friends that have seen it. it was so crazy there are some parts i dont want to taco about. a lot of people will wine but i loved this. some parts are a little cheesy but its ok. you never sausage a movie. to the critics that hated this movie, lettuce have are fun. i mean if you hate this movie you mustard of have hated movie 43. get bready for this movie. you will go bananas. i promise its not a turkey. i laughed so much i pead myself. you donut want to miss this. i have no beef with this movie. youll want get a pizza this. this movie got a 82% on rotten tomatoes. some of the things they do in this movie are impastable in pixar. a toast to this movie. now that ive seen this movie i can crossont off my bucket list. there was even a part in the movie that was so wild ice creamed and coffeed loudly. the picture quality is really good its not grainy. if you bring youre kids to this movie youll be in a pickle. this movie should win best peachure at the oscars. cauliflower delivery place and tell them to deliver flowers to seth rogens appartment because this movie is awesome. mango see this movie already. they dont hold back in this movie they get jalapeno yourface . grape job sseth rogen. when this movie is on tv i will tuna to it. see it you won't beergret it.

LEAVE PI ALONE!!!!!!!!!!

what happened

they took megaautist's nigger babies

convince me i don't have colon cancer

ah-bloo-bloo

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/

Haha, so on point

i hate mondays more than i hate niggers

yikes

yikes yourself mister

gas the yikes

Wahoo!!!!!!!

letterboxd.com/plastichandgun/list/tiff-cinematheques-best-of-the-decade-1990s/
How many have you seen?

>good
>4/5 stars

>Help! I've escaped from Mega Autist's basement!

8 but good list

wonderfull boat chase and good pun title

why isnt lawrence fishburne on the poster

Because he's not in the movie?

yes he is

Wrong.

dude that's the matrix lmao

Dialectics is a farce. Reality remains undisclosed forever and we learn nothing

Hope Emnlaylee wins a golden globe tonight!!!

she already has one

Bruce...thank's.

post meg tilly

I vote for Jessica Chastain

why would you do that lmao

wank

Emily Jean is more sexy than any creature the human mind can think of!

Bump

Oh, how "creative."

damn I really want to eat an apple now

The fact that so many books still name Alread Hitchcock as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" film director ever only tells you how far film still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz music critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Film critics are still blinded by commercial success. Hitchcock was all the rave back in his prime (not true, by the way), therefore he must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Film critics are often totally ignorant of film of the past, they barely know the highest grossers. No wonder they will think that Hitchcock did anything worthy of being saved.
In a sense, Hitchcock is emblematic of the status of film criticism as a whole: too much attention paid to commercial phenomena (be it Spielberg or Coppola) and too little to the merits of real artist. If somebody produces the most divine film but no major studio picks him up and sells him around the world, a lot of critics will ignore him. If a major studio picks up a filmmaker who is as stereotyped as can be but launches her or him worldwide, your average critic will waste rivers of ink on her or him. This is the sad status of film criticism: film critics are basically publicists working for major studios, distributors and video stores. They simply highlight what product the film industry wants to make money from.

Hopefully, one not-too-distant day, there will be a clear demarcation between a great artist like Gene Saks, who never sold as much, and commercial products like Hitchcock. At such a time, film critics will study their history and understand which artists accomplished which feat, and which simply exploited it commercially.
British Hitchcock wasn't entirely suspense. British Hitchcock wasn't visceral. British Hitchcock requires necessarily more thought than American Hitchcock.
Contemporary artists never spoke highly of Hitchcock, and for good reason. They could never figure out why his films should be regarded more highly than their own. They knew that Hitchcock were simply lucky to become a phenomenon (thanks to "The Master of Suspence", which is nothing unique to Hitchcock). That phenomenon kept alive interest in his (mediocre) cinematic endeavours to this day. Nothing else grants Hitchcock more attention than, say, Otto Preminger or Edward Dmytryk. There was nothing intrinsically better in Hitchcock's films. Joseph L. Mankiewicz was certainly a far better director of actors than Hitchcock. William Wyler was certainly much more skilled formalist than the 'Master of Suspence'. And Billy Wilder was a far more accomplished storyteller, capable of film noir such as "Double Indemnity" to screwballs like "Ninotchka"; not to mention the filmmakers who followed Hitchcock in subsequent decades or the US filmmakers themselves who initially spearheaded what Hitchcock merely repackaged to the masses.
Hitchcock is considered great not because he is the greatest filmmaker but simply because his films were easy to sell to the masses: it had no difficult content, it had no technical innovations, it had no creative depth. They excited the audience and they had star-studded casts. If somebody had not invented "The Master of Suspence" in the 1960s, you would not have wasted five minutes of your time reading these pages about such a trivial director.

Thank you \(^_^)/

>no John McTiernan

>nolan

is this a meme or something?

yes

kys Sup Forumstard

>The Handmaids Tale
I wonder what political ideology spunk this is trying to shove down my throat

Oprah Winfrey.
Cecil B. DeMille.

>I rate art
>I don't rate art

Was this account made in order to confuse people?

Drop dead, weeb.

literally who cares about the golden kikes

gay

Police Story (Jackie Chan, 1985)

Nobody does.

You does.

a dabbing PEPE!!!!!!!!!

OOGA BOOGA I AM LE FRENCH VIVA LOS FRANCIA

I would unleash my wrath upon the golden globes had I the power, I would be evil.

100TH POST INCOMING!

Dave Franco getting a golden globe as the rhythm of the night song plays in the background now this is this is this is omething else!