What movies don't portray Rome as villainous?

What movies don't portray Rome as villainous?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y7tvauOJMHo
youtube.com/watch?v=lC1ZdVDffCs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Every movie about Rome

Why would they? Rome has always been a good guy of history.

The fuck? Name TWO movies that portray rome as villainous

I was going to say "Life of Brian" but then they gave a free grammar class to a poor Israelite kid who didn't know any better, so I guess they were alright in that too.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y7tvauOJMHo

They're pretty okay in it.

Romans were degenerate hedonistic multicultural (((civilised))) homosexual childfuckers

But I ask you: What else have they ever done?

one could make the argument that Rome was villainous in Gladiator.

Name one thing wrong with that

HBO's Rome
>degenerate
wrong

>hedonistic
mostly after the christians took over

>multicultural
not even close

>homosexual child fuckers
hardly

Almost all of them. The better question is which movies don't portray the British Empire as villainous, even though it was probably the most humanitarian Empire ever.

Oy vey don't forget the Gallic Holocaust.
>muh 2 million
>Caesar is literally Hitler and Darth Vader

>gallic scum BTFO

What movies portray Rome reasonably accurately

I'm not asking for documentary levels but if I see one more set of leather lorica segmentata in the Punic Wars I think my brain will explode

Pretty much the only thing like that is HBO's Rome series

Pompe 2 was one.

Master and Commander
Bridge over the River Kwai
Zulu

Probably a lot more. Just because you only view trash like PotC doesnt mean its the average presentation of the empire.

>british empire
>humanitarian

>being this delusional

They pissed of jews and christians so nah

>not even close
lol

>needing Germanic mercenary Chad cavalry to carry them

It's not fair.

This.
A realistic portrayal is nearly impossible in the culture consciousness because of hollywoodisms. Its like finding a medieval movie where everyone isnt covered in dirt or shit, or encountering a WW1 movie thats a black comedy.

Spartacus?

This post was most likely made by a German who fails to realize that he would have been no different than a nigger during the Roman period.

Spartacus, The Robe, Ben Hur, Gladiator

The operative word is 'most' you dumb fuck.

King of all the Gauls
>Makes you think, doesn't it?

would it be weird if I changed my name to Augustus?

Yes, changing your name is disrespectful to your parents and yourself.

he's right though, if it was run by literally any other civilisation there would have been far more slavery, massacres, drafting, etc etc

Nice try Kike. You're just butthurt about the destruction of the temple.

Imperial Germany was better

What movies portray Late Romans accurately

I have seen Lorica Segmentata and square shields in the 5th century BC and the 6th century AD and I'm sick of it

t. Slav or German

Just lol

>having reading comprehension issues this severe

Best aesthetic

Yeah maybe, but only because it was small and populated entirely by itself and it's first world neighbours.

sure thing u gaelic faggot

Any good films about the Gauls or Britons?

There's a new show callled Britannia about the Britons and the Roman invasion, but the SJWs got to it...

Gaels and Gauls are different people user

Does anyone even care about this? I feel like there are usually about half a dozen shitty period pieces airing at any given time that nobody watches.

The Holy Roman Empire was a fucking joke, built by Franks and run by Austrians

The second Reich lasted from 1870 to 1919

and the third Reich lasted from 1933 to 1945

The British empire, either started in 1497 when Newfoundland was reached and considering Ireland was still being conquered, or in 1585 when the first North American colony was established

it then ended in 1997 with Hong Kong's independence

you're joking when you say imperial Germany is better right?

what about ghouls?

Same as Gaels desu

Look at the like bar and comments
youtube.com/watch?v=lC1ZdVDffCs

ESL detected

>muh genocide and jewish scientists

Movies and TV shows about mostly Roman characters (Gladiator, I Claudius, Rome) don't portray Rome itself as evil but may portray some parts of it as evil.

>The British empire, either started in 1497...

id probably say 1660 with the restoration of the monarchy to 1950s and the independence of the colonies India was the crown jewel and they lost it in 1947

Fuck I love those movies.

I haven't seen Master and Commander but the other two kinda predate the White guilt thing.

Rome by HBO.
Every iteration of I Claudius.
Eagle
The Eagle of the Ninth

muh shitty edgelord memes

1660 is too late, most historians say late 16th to early 17th, especially considering that the tobacco and fur industry became very powerful quickly in the early to mid 17th century

plus Jamaica, one of Britain's richest possessions was captured by the British in 1655, I would also say the British empire wasn't truly doomed until the late 1960's, considering the amount of land we still controlled in mineral rich Africa

Druids, but it sucks

King arthur with clive owen is pretty nice and probably the only movie we got in this time period.

Gladiator shows Romans in a good light other than Commodus

Ben Hur

>Rome by HBO
What?

kill yourself Gibbons, your books have been discredited for a century at the least

Dragon Blade
Although they seem like bad guys at first, they actually help the Chinese defend their Silk Road outpost from... oh wait, the bad guys are other Romans. Nevermind

t. Romulus Augustus

>"humanitarian"
>invents concentration camps
>figures way to defeat Native Americans by gifting them blankets with deadly diseases
>aggressor in hundreds of wars, resulting in tens of millions of deaths

This couldn't be any more wrong

Is that movie decent? Looks kind of interesting and Jackie is in it so it can't be total dogshit, right?

I don't see the problem with any of that germ*n drone.

literally all of that statement is correct, objectively correct and I'm an archaeologist.

I have a large bone for you to examine

>ben hurr durr

It gets better with every word you typed.

It's crazy that it even exists. It's nothing spectacular other than the novelty of the fact that it was made.