Genius or total retard?

Genius or total retard?

Reddit or Sup Forums?

Neither. He was a man in a car accident that scrambled his brains.

He made a lot of money from like selling clothes or something. Running a successful business means he's already smarter than 90% of Sup Forums.

this

Genious kinoman

Depends, how much poonany did he get?

Drug money and you know it

Totally. North korea bought his jackets, Mark!

I've never watched the room. I watched disaster artists and I don't see what the fuck is so funny about him? So what he comes to America and find success on his own, isn't that what we and all our ancestors did? That doesn't' make him special. I then went and watched the room and it's not the least bit funny or entertaining or thought provoking. It's awful.

Sort of both. He seems to have a lot of business sense, but he his social skills are terrible, probably as a result of brain damage and BPD. He also doesn't really seem to understand many of the things he claims to care about (movies and acting being the obvious example) on more than a very superficial level.

I get that it's fun to make up stories about the guy, but there's nothing mysterious about how he made his money. Most of it came from real estate; the dude owns a bunch of very high-value properties in San Francisco that he seems to have acquired relatively cheaply before the tech boom. His clothing businesses are also pretty common knowledge. The only thing he's cagey about is how he got into real estate, which is probably because he let himself be a boytoy for Chloe Litzke and Drew Caffrey (who backed him), and he's ashamed.

Well he's a weird dude obssessed with being a movie star who made a terrible movie that he thought was brilliant and that movie only got famous because redditors go in mass to see it and laugh at him and his movie. So I guess that makes him a loser.

But he also got world famous, a movie about him was made by a semi competent famous hollywood actor/director, he's probably making money off The Room and he also got to act in other projects because of his Room fame.

So I guess that makes him a winner.

He should have played Bucky in winter solider

Someone in another thread posted a picture of him when he was younger and damn did his early life fuck him over.

At least he probably gets to go to The Oscars

Total genius. Makes his fortune through criminal means in Eastern Europe, flees to America. Gets into car accident and pretends to suffer brain damage. Act like an insane fool when creating his movie. People thinking he is brain damaged allows him to comfortably live in the public eye without fear of being killed due to his criminal past. Has to continue maintaining the rise that he's an idiot but he can now enjoy the good life.

He gets belly buttons

Is he at the globes tonight?

This + being always doped up on pain meds + not understanding American culture + almost all unprofessionals who try to make their own movie would end up making something self glamorizing and shitty anyway.

Genius.
Glen Danzig rules!

He grew up in communist Poland. He probably made a ton of money buying brand-name clothes in bulk then smuggling them to Eastern Europe. Levi's jeans and things like that were worth their weight in gold there.

both, a fucking polack.

the weirdest shit about him was reading how he spent retarded amounts of money to develop a camera system to shoot the room that didn't provide any purpose

>Missing the point THIS hard.
Read Susan Sontag's essay on camp, freely available online.

recommends an essay on camp.
You just know this guy is a blast to be around.

The retards are the people obsessing over the shitty movie.

Not any that YOU could see.

Somewhere, I saw a scan of an article from an SF newpaper that was about Tommy. IIRC, it was a human interest piece written when he was still selling jeans in a stall at Fisherman's Wharf, and talked about his growth from selling toy birds, and his status as a local character. It also included a picture of him working in his stall and looking pretty normal. For some reason, I haven't been able to find it again, but it was super interesting.

Malkavian.

Think about it.

makes sense

>even someone this stupid who hardly speaks 2 words of english can come to to USA and get rich

what's your excuse?

In the Disaster Artist book, Sestoro literally names some famous Hollywood kike that Tommy became very close friends with while being a street peddler of random bullshit like toys, almost nobody ever mentions this. I can't remember the dude's name and it's not easily googleable + I don't give enough of a fuck to sleuth. Anyway, the dude was a loaded old generation big shot and Tommy literally lived with him for a while, so Occam's Razor says the dude left Tommy his money.

It is also suggested that Tommy was something of a premium boipucci in his youth and that he was accosted by gentlemen for money many times, and my suspicion is that the relationship could have been less than... platonic.

so is he /our guy/?

Has it been confirmed that he's Polish? I thought his place of birth was still a mystery

He admitted to being from Europe on Kimmel. I thought some Internet sleuth dug up Poland

Both

Greg Sestoro seems to be quite convinced that he is Polish and even includes a few scenes in the book based on things he allegedly heard from Tommy, like the time some Pollack guy during commie times tried to manhandle Tommy's child butt but Tommy ran off. And his escape story from commie Poland.

Wasn't he french?

The writing was so cliche and bad in that section I feel fairly certain it was all made up by Greg

>good business man
>bad social skill
How

Is it bad social skill? The guy is obviously a terrible screenwriter and actor, but does that transfer over into real life? Maybe he's a fun guy to be around IRL.

Can you be both?

He used what Tommy gave him

Yeah, his second name is Pierre iirc

it was to shoot digital and film at the same time

>not him
says the guy who doesn't get why the room's funny for being so terrible.

I hope to see him today at the Globes

He's going at least

Imagine being too stupid to understand the appeal of the fucking Room lol.

are you 12?

Yes.

Multiple car accidents, allegedly. I don't get why no one points that out.

Yes, he's at the Golden globes as a guest

Disaster Artist is slated to win best comedy, so he might be able to speak on stage

Possibly a genius. I like the fact that he finds a successful way to raise millions which is considerably more than most people achieve. Then he decides to waste it all to chase his wacky dream.

maybe he vampire?

...I will.

Yeah, he's from Poznan. It's even listed on his IMDB now, and he hasn't tried suing over it, like he does ever other time something about his past comes out.

You remember the book wrong. You're spouting nonsense. You may be thinking about the old rich lady that was mentioned, whose relationship with Tommy was similar to what you described. Either reread the book or stop saying stupid misleading shit

It's real cool that you can make shit up dude

I'm not making it up, and I'm pretty sure it was posted here a little bit after The Disaster Artist (book) was first released. It fit pretty much example with Greg's story, and the article is about how the "Birdman of Fisherman's Wharf" became a local celebrity/tourist favorite. It was kind of a bad scan of an old newpaper, so the only things that were easy to read were the title and a couple of bigger quotes. I can still clearly remember the picture, too: it's Tommy standing in his stall, surrounded by stacks of jeans, wearing a sweater, and with short-ish hair (plus, maybe glasses). It was supposed to be a candid shot, so he isn't posing, just looking through his merchandise.

I guess it's possible someone could have faked it, but it was a damn good fake if it was.

I read The Disaster Artist and there's a part that implies that Tommy was raped in a Polish police station.

genius retard

The thing with Tommy's backstory is that even in the book, Greg said he didn't know what all was actually true

Successful but unconventional businessman, bad filmmaker with poor understanding Hollywood, struggling man trying to communicate his life story by borrowing from selected American dramatic films and plays.

One of the fags in my guild's discord has a pic of him as his display and this one chick thought that was him and keeps telling me how hot he is ... Should I make her watch The Room so she realizes she's talking to a fat neckbeard?

Dont ruin his happiness

He's really jacked tho

It's shit and so is he. Anyone who likes this garbage is low iq.

He must be a MTF trans on top

retard

yes