About to watch this. What should I expect?

About to watch this. What should I expect?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qptiSM4XrPk
youtube.com/watch?v=jLS-lAzTl2w
nme.com/photos/30-mad-moments-from-oasis-craziest-year-1411789
youtube.com/watch?v=nuAOcuLJR7I
theguardian.com/uk/2000/may/24/sarahhall
youtube.com/watch?v=NKNcmXMTKbo
setlist.fm/setlist/oasis/2000/werchterpark-werchter-belgium-73d476d9.html
setlist.fm/setlist/oasis/2000/festivalpladsen-roskilde-denmark-7bc24eb8.html
youtube.com/watch?v=1FwV-jHNk1I
youtube.com/watch?v=zHcJvwSHkt8
youtube.com/watch?v=WaR_RJiBk3M
youtube.com/watch?v=aoFQUiuoDM8
theguardian.com/uk/2000/jul/28/fiachragibbons
twitter.com/liamgallagher/status/950109859432804353
youtu.be/eEwk5Tz1kbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=GCacNlaJIdc
youtube.com/watch?v=vaseIZHD1jA
youtube.com/watch?v=KKisxbyZ9Dw
youtube.com/watch?v=l8DRI-D7-WQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Vxgd2_VfJdw
youtube.com/watch?v=_fJhY8drBRM
mtv.com/news/20629/oasis-singer-arrested-for-head-butting-fan/
youtube.com/watch?v=b_vv74Ze9rk
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/64844.stm
youtube.com/watch?v=oRbscuYG2-Q
aparchive.com/metadata/AUSTRALIA-OASIS-SINGER-LIAM-GALLAGHER-CHARGED-WITH-ASSAULT/6d8d0c060eee42f574f0cbf1d67e1a3c
youtube.com/watch?v=GaphSqAr0xo
youtube.com/watch?v=5B_GfsSAfVc
youtube.com/watch?v=BJKpUH2kJQg
youtube.com/watch?v=SaeLKhRnkhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=i_2mWhfOhGU
youtube.com/watch?v=nO9c3q9exA4
youtube.com/watch?v=DV4BDOecG5o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

oasis

pure britpop kino i loved it
ima huge Oasis fan so seeing their story from rags to riches was great
I love these guys
hope you enjoy it

Madferit kino

Blur was better

>Blur was better
at being gay, sure

Very well made, perhaps a bit long but if you're even just aware of the band it makes for a litty watch

adulthood is when you realise blur were better musically all along

Blatant revisionism

We put this festival on you bastards, with a lotta love.
We worked one year for you pigs
And you want to break our walls down?
And you want to destroy us?
Well you go to hell!

Pulp > Suede > Blur > Ocean Colour Scene > Oasis

Probably not too much.

Why do the brothers hate each other? And why are they such assholes in general?

youtube.com/watch?v=qptiSM4XrPk

To cover up the fact that they haven't released anything of relevancy since 1995.

oasis is literally blur for homosexuals.

>assholes in general

But the banter is one of the best things about them

I've watched it several times. Pure kino.

You will understand how a band like Oasis would have a hard time being successful today and why guitar music in general is shit.

I wanna live forever

It drags on way too long.

because theyre brothers and liam is a fucking cunt cause hes the baby bro plus success made them even bigger cunts but i love these fucking cunts since they came out in the 90s. byw im an american and my friends hated everytime i played any oasis songs at a party or in the car

Bunch of overly selfimportant wanks

pure ladkino

Also Murican can confirm.

Put on Don't Look Back in Anger at a pre-game when it was my turn to pick out some tunes (this was before the Ariana Grande bombing) and everyone wanted me to turn it off.

>MFW

A lot of meth.

Film made me want to call up my friends, share a six pack and play kick the beanie with the lads

youtube.com/watch?v=jLS-lAzTl2w
kinohead > shite > oasis

Too bad it ends at Knebworth. The debauchery that happened after that was insane.

This documentary suggests some reasons why

they were cokeheads but wasnt there a story in the documentary about them doing a show in san fran or LA and they got meth instead of coke and liam ended up fucking the show up and shit

i heard they were supposed to do a part 2 but this was when oasis were at their best and then after lnebworth things started going to shit. coke is a hellava drug

They all fucked the show up, including the road crew; because nobody had slept after snorting a ton of meth.
Liam's mistake was continuing to do it on stage

You are correct.

Its still revisionist history. The wheels were falling off even before knebworth but thats kind of glossed over in the documentary.

But like august and september they pretty much trash their own career in america and don't even care

Two of the funniest fuckers in the history of rock.
Oasis is gay tho.

isnt that also when noel walked off and got lost in san fran and ended up meeting a random chick and they went to her apt and she gave him extasy and he wrote talk tonight

I think it was Bonehead who said they should have disappeared in a puff of smoke after Knebworth. He was right.

fucking guigsy got PTSD from being in the band it made him quit lol

Nice dubs. I love this quote about Guigsy

>Loved cricket and Doctor Who and weed and Man City, I'd say 5th after that was being in Oasis

Legend

>meeting a random chick and they went to her apt and she gave him extasy
some anons mum got fucked by noel gallagher and inspired him to write a great song, thats pretty based

I 35 and from manchester loved em as a kid. Not listened to any of their stuff for over 10 years. This doc brought it all back absolutely fucking beltin downloaded whole discography the next day. If you a bong of a certain age they were fucking legends

This but unironically
>better singles
>much more consistent over the years
>actually changed their sound multiple times

OASIS
UK Number 1s
UK Top 10s
UK Top 40s
UK Top 75s
Weeks at Number 1
Weeks in Top 10
Weeks in Top 40
Weeks in Top 75

BLUR
UK Number 1s
UK Top 10s
UK Top 40s
UK Top 75s
Weeks at Number 1
Weeks in Top 10
Weeks in Top 40
Weeks in Top 75

the numbers dont lie

I mean yeah.

nme.com/photos/30-mad-moments-from-oasis-craziest-year-1411789

And that is still leaving out a lot of moments like the "Shitelife-Michael Hutchence" thing at the Brit awards, the Liam kidnapping threats at Maine Road, the coin tossing gig, getting banned from Abbey Road studios while trying to record B-sides, Liam holing himself up in his house for like 3 days straight and fighting his way through paparazzi to go to the liquor store on day 4, Noel spending his summer partying and doing coke with Kate Moss, Johnny Depp, and Mick Jagger on some small island for rich people in the tropics, the crew member who died at the Loch Lomond gig, their Philidelphia arena show broadcast live on radio where Noel was drunk and Liam was totally wasted and forgetting words and yelling gibberish and rolling around on stage, the debacle where Liam royally fucked over the MTV Unplugged gig and then heckled Noel from the balcony, etc.

Absolute madness

By this logic Justin Bieber is the greatest musician alive.

lmao you're pathetic

Remember when Oasis staged their third comeback in 2000. But of course they fuck it up yet again.

Somehow Liam goes on TRL with Carson Daly which is like the big MTV teeny-bopper Top 40 pop show to promote the new Oasis album and then does this baffling interview in front of millions of Americans:
youtube.com/watch?v=nuAOcuLJR7I

So after the album release and promotion totally bombs, Oasis decide to show everybody that they still "had it" as a live act. Problem is, they didn't even have enough members so they got some random Britpop nobodies to join the band as bass and rhythm guitar. Oh yeah, and Liam's voice, declining as it had since like 1993/1994, reaching new lows on that last tour as I posted above, continues to be horrible.

Though they're still a stadium/arena act in the UK, the venues in America are even slightly smaller than the last tour and the stakes are higher.

Of course then Liam and Noel as usual get into a fight and then Noel quits the band again:
theguardian.com/uk/2000/may/24/sarahhall

So a just Liam and session musician-tier Oasis play a bunch of festivals and it doesn't go well:
youtube.com/watch?v=NKNcmXMTKbo

That was the best clip I could find but there's some more out there of Liam getting pissed off at the crowds at these shows. At one he walked off after 4 songs:
setlist.fm/setlist/oasis/2000/werchterpark-werchter-belgium-73d476d9.html
Then cancelled the Oasis show the next day:
setlist.fm/setlist/oasis/2000/festivalpladsen-roskilde-denmark-7bc24eb8.html

However, Noel eventually returns to the band and they play what are supposed to be a triumphant (yet another) Oasis comeback of Wembley Stadium shows in front of 80,000 people, filmed for a dvd, and broadcast live on tv and radio to millions of viewers all around the UK and the world (was on cable here in America).

So what happened?

Well, while Noel was trying to stay sober now and make Oasis' comeback legitimate, Liam was as big into the drinking, smoking, snorting, etc. as ever. Even worse, Liam, who at this point has just had a son, cheated on his wife who is now divorcing him and taking him of his Oasis royalties, goes off on another multiple-day bender. He is so fucking washed up at this point it's pathetic. He looks haggard, a good 10 years older than he did just a year and a half ago.

Basically, the show starts, the cameras roll, over 10 million people around the world tune in, and it is a fucking shitshow:
youtube.com/watch?v=1FwV-jHNk1I
youtube.com/watch?v=zHcJvwSHkt8
youtube.com/watch?v=WaR_RJiBk3M
youtube.com/watch?v=aoFQUiuoDM8

I remember seeing this happen live on tv with my friends and thinking "Jesus they've done it again".

Some comeback...

A week later they try to do another festival and then are booed/bottled off stage:
theguardian.com/uk/2000/jul/28/fiachragibbons

And the tour ends shortly after while the band goes into hiding before attempting yet another comeback in 2002.

fucking legends, its great seeing them rise and fall and rise and fall

twitter.com/liamgallagher/status/950109859432804353 why are Gallagher bantz so good? holy shit these dudes are savage

Liam says it started when he pissed on Noel's expensive stereo while piss drunk when he was 15, and he and Noel shared a room, and Noel was a shut-in autist who saved shitloads for that stereo. His constant retelling of the story without an ounce of remorse is why I'm #TeamNoel.

>watch this while folding laundry
>go to youtube to listen to some Oasis, I remember liking them as a kid
>no good songs

What the fuck?

Liam just did the greatest comeback in years in England, a number one album after bombing twice with Beady Eye

You can hear the cocaine
youtu.be/eEwk5Tz1kbQ

I miss Oasis so much, wish i could have seen them live one more time.

Favourite band of all time, nothing gives me the nostalgia that Oasis brings me.

And that prior comeback you ask?

After tarnishing their reputation in the states and cancelling the tour, they don't break up. Instead they bring the band, their entourage, and all their friends to a studio in the middle nowhere and for the next 6 montha proceed to party and (sometimes) record another album. They're so far gone the won't even contact their family or their label for weeks on end and miss this big award show because they're all drunk in some pub. But eventually they finish.

But you know what they put out as the lead single? Something that is not even close to being on the level of a comeback single as Wonderwall/Champagne Supernova/Don't Look Back in Anger:
youtube.com/watch?v=GCacNlaJIdc

Yes "All My People Right Here Right Now D'You What I Mean? Yeah Yeah" is the actual chorus.

Yes the single is over 7 minutes long with backwards guitars and vocals, morse code, a 2 minute intro section, 30 million guitar overdubs,
Why you ask? Because the band was so big in England that nobody would tell them "No that's a bad idea for a comeback single" or "Maybe you should rewrite this". Plus, literally everyone involved with Oasis working in the studio was doing tons of cocaine all the time. They had no perception of reality.

So the album comes out and it sounds like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=vaseIZHD1jA
youtube.com/watch?v=KKisxbyZ9Dw
youtube.com/watch?v=l8DRI-D7-WQ

A total fucking mess of half-baked songs lost in thousands of guitar overdubs, random sound effects at the beginnings and ends of songs, a horrible mixing job that is ear-piercingly trebly.

The tour itself was even more debauched than before. The venues were smaller but the egos and drug usage and wallet sizes much bigger.

Again Liam's voice was going downhill. Fanboys don't like when you say that, but yeah it was. Compare this:
youtube.com/watch?v=Vxgd2_VfJdw

and this:
youtube.com/watch?v=_fJhY8drBRM

the difference is night and day

Theres lots of footage from that era of Liam piss drunk on stage.

As the tour goes on and then you have shit like this:
mtv.com/news/20629/oasis-singer-arrested-for-head-butting-fan/
youtube.com/watch?v=b_vv74Ze9rk
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/64844.stm
youtube.com/watch?v=oRbscuYG2-Q
aparchive.com/metadata/AUSTRALIA-OASIS-SINGER-LIAM-GALLAGHER-CHARGED-WITH-ASSAULT/6d8d0c060eee42f574f0cbf1d67e1a3c

And my personal favorite (see 00:35):
youtube.com/watch?v=GaphSqAr0xo

At this point they're washed up has-beens in America and nothing more than a punchline ("I hate you more than the Gallaghers hate each other Dave") and losing much of their wider reach and influence in the UK (though still holding a large number of dedicated fans)

lay off the soy lads

Oasis is soy

Liam is god
youtube.com/watch?v=5B_GfsSAfVc

No it isnt, in England its like the music of the working class.

Oasis are far from soy boys, nothing pretentious just shit loads of stage presence and drugs.

So what Oasis albums are worth a listen? I've heard the first two are great, but the rest have a more mixed reception.

the first 2 are godlike, the rest are ehh. check out their b sides though from the first 2

>Oasis are far from soy boys

lol

How are they soyboys exactly? Have you seen the shit posted in this thread?

Heathen chemistry is good, and Standing on shoulders has some of their best songs. But their first two albums are GOAT, not a single song i would skip on them all great songs.

Gas panic is 10/10

SOTSOG was ruined with liams attempt at writing songs even though hes got better at it. gas panic is one of my favs though from it

>hippie Beatle idolizing fucks
>wrote whiney acoustic love ballads (Wonderwall)
>inspired shit like Coldplay and Ed Sheeran

Not liking their music is one thing, but the are literally the polar opposite of soy/bug man.

Their music is literally soft rock for little girls and gay men

They are like the most Rock n Roll band of recent memory, getting into bar fights, arrogant dont give a fuck attitude, party, women.

Go be a soy boy somewhere else, only people who hate Oasis cant handle the banter.

No theyre soy boys and nothing but shitty pop one hit wonders

I made social media accounts just to follow the brothers and their bants

What the hell is Liam on about? Didnt Oasis in the height of their fame open for U2?

Blur were better.

>One hit wonders
Biggest band in the world, filled out stadiums of reaching 250,000 people in a single place.

Yeah sure, your either a troll or retarded.

Terrorvision >all of that

>Biggest band in the world

The uk is not the world tard. They were nobodies outside of that sphere.

It's basically the virgin Noel vs the Chad Liam

they were big in latin america. they couldve been alot bigger in the US but they both hated much of the US especially the deep south lol

Radiohead > Oasis

>implying Definitely Maybe is soft rock
Wew lad, you're either baiting or ignorant. Listen to this:
youtube.com/watch?v=BJKpUH2kJQg
youtube.com/watch?v=SaeLKhRnkhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=i_2mWhfOhGU

90 mins of

>FOOKIN 'ELL RIGHT, FOOKIN MANCHESTER LAD, FOOKIN FOOK, FOOKIN NOEL'S A PRAT, FOOKIN CAN'T KEEP ME JAW STRAIGHT, FOOKIN GIVE US A CIGGY, FOOKIN FANS A BUNCHA FOOKIN CUNTS LAD YA KNOW? FOOK ME SIDEWAYS SKIN US UP A FAT ONE REG YEAH? FOOKIN CITAAAAYYYY YA CUNT"

>People unironically hate oasis

I thought Sup Forums was supposed to contain you edgy pricks?

No shit, nigger

youtube.com/watch?v=nO9c3q9exA4

Liam is a hypocrite. I feel like he's totally two faced and will slag off anyone whose not cool at the moment in the press even if he actually likes them. It's all about maintaining his persona.

Noel even revealed like 10 years ago that Liam dyes his hair too.

Internationally they were very big in Japan, Italy and Brazil in particular.
Even after the height of their career in 1997, they had albums that charted at like #1 and #2 in these countries.

Brazil I have no doubt since they go wild for rock down there.

But Be Here Now, Definitely Maybe, and Morning Glory combined sold less than 500,000 copies in Japan as someone on the UKchartmix forum pointed out.

fucking love Be Here Now. The album perfectly encapsulates Oasis. Big, brash, cocaine dust on the CD itself. All around the world, fucking tune.

the 2001 feel cars and fashion from that video feels so fucking old now what the fuck

what? mine didnt have coke dust?

Not a single 20-something generic bearded hipster in a plaid shirt in site. It was a simpler time.

You will never convince me that Liam isn't a self aware IRL troll. He's a bit of a lad, yeah, but he strikes me as someone who made an image by being a parody of himself who has now made his money and just does not give a fuck. Just spend an hour watching interviews with him. He's tongue in cheek as fuck like he's in on a joke no one else is.

Noel on the other hand has never come across as an arsehole and has always seemed pretty down to earth to me, just with a similar, "I'm rich, who cares?" sense of humour. Honestly wouldn't surprise me if the feud is just a joke between them to hype up an Oasis reunion in a few years.

Was breaking up the band in the middle of a reunion tour, making mediocre forgettable albums, and getting booed off stage part of their plan? The stuff that made them famous was admittedly good, but their later work was just... nothing special.

noel is a sell out now. say what you want about liam, but he is still the same as he's always been.

youtube.com/watch?v=DV4BDOecG5o

How did noel sell out

This. Also the intimate live gig he did for Absolute radio a few months ago is the best his voice has sounded in probably twenty years. Good times are ahead.

>Was breaking up the band in the middle of a reunion tour, making mediocre forgettable albums, and getting booed off stage part of their plan?
It's called playing the long con