That time Lauren Faust made a joke about SU on that "gamechangers" panel and Rebecca Sugar got all super flustered and...

>That time Lauren Faust made a joke about SU on that "gamechangers" panel and Rebecca Sugar got all super flustered and embarrassed

Is she the alpha female of cartoon ladies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MKEfQGoviQQ
youtu.be/1qlN4x-CMyc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>ywn never be a shy and timid jewess who get humiliated by a ginger goddess

*gets

>*gets

What was the joke

You can't post that without context, boy.
I wanna know the joke.

What was the joke? I wanna hear it

Post a link faggot

So alpha that her show got cucked away from her after one season

So what's the joke? It was about the crying or the horsefuckers?

youtube.com/watch?v=MKEfQGoviQQ
I think its in this one. Not sure what time.

>believing OP

>implying i'm going to watch a 50 minute long panel just for that

And she's still crying about it

>implying thats not what I'm doing right now, for the timestamp and general intrest.

it wasn't her fault

hasbro wanted their toys back after she made them extremely successful.

IIRC the only comment she made was that SBBF got cancelled because the execs said that "they already had a girl's cartoon in SU" and Rebecca got flustered.

happens at 34:48

ironically SU is a boys cartoons

>Bancroft Brothers
I FUCKING LOVE THEM!

I was at this panel, the entire room reacted to this, everyone was like "oh shit", because Rebecca took it really personally

>a boys cartoons

Did she? I'm pretty sure Rebecca's just really shy and introverted.

>Rebecca - B-BUT STEVEN U-UNIVERSE I-INTERNALLY....I....ITS A BOYS SHOW! T-The viewers.....
>Lauren - Yeah same with Powerpuff, same with Pone....I don't get it!

Love mom

>her show
>her
I didn't know Galaxy Girls aired.

>SU is a boys cartoon
Powerpuff Girls is more of a boys cartoon than SU

Sugar internally felt her ego get annihilated, if she weren't shy and introverted she prolly could've handle the bantz and retorted with a clever one liner like Whedon or Kevin Smith.

God Bless the Queen, Lauren Faust.

>Sugar: Internally Steven Universe is a boy's cartoon
Nice retort to Faust's snark, faggot.

The problem is that Faust was speaking the whole truth despite using it as a joke. Steven Universe can't possibly be a boys show because it isn't promoting good boyish qualities and it lacks actually good looking female characters for boys to latch onto. These are things that Faust's shows have done immensely despite being shows oriented towards little girls.

r e k t

Damn shame Faust isn't an attention whore who doesn't show off her tits on twitter or instagram.

Can anyone point me to times when Rebecca crosses her legs around?

>lacks actual good looking female characters

I object.

Who then?

The only one passable is Lapis.

Nah, Sugar is just super fucking beta.

Good.

>it lacks actually good looking female characters for boys to latch onto
>things that Faust's shows have done immensely despite being shows oriented towards little girls.
Spot the horsefucker.

What time.

Just feeling the air change in that room.

>this is why you live in regret, Lauren

worth

your muscular nigress/fat blob/skinny jew fetish doesn't count. it's very obvious the execs are referring to status quo beauty

SeeTo be fair, MLP was originally going to feature more prominently different body types, but one can imagine it would never be as gross looking of a show as SU either way, hell MLP still features chubby pones and such just none of the MCs

Rebecca clearly loves the grotesque. I bet she has a melting flesh fetish.

Sugar is not a very handsome man

He is average, prettier than his sister though.

MLP as a phenomena is an oddity. It's like years of subconscious furry fetish fed to late 90s/early 2000s kids through things such as Pokemon and Sonic finally exploded. It's the social conditions behind it that made it so popular, because otherwise it would be a meh show for any cartoon fan

>that expression

What is his fucking problem?

It wasn't her ego, Rebecca Sugar is a part of the generation that watched shows like PPG and Foster's Home, she probably felt like she robbed someone she probably really admires a lot of an opportunity

That night Ian was forced to wear a red wig

Doing press is the worst part of being a creative.

>imlying you won't

I think a thread we had a few weeks ago had it right: It took the Moeshit formula from the East and made it palatable to non-Anime fans, and threw in Furrybait.

Faust seems kind of jealous, really. SBF aired in what? 2011? 2012? Steven Universe wasn't on until late 2013 and didn't have a fanbase until early 2015 so "Steven Universe is a girls show" is not the reason why her show didn't get picked up.

I hear that he emotionally abuses his girlfriends.

>and threw in Furrybait
Highly doubt that was the intention. First season is just really cute and clever.

>Internally Steven Universe is a boy's cartoon
>B-BUT STEVEN U-UNIVERSE I-INTERNALLY....I....ITS A BOYS SHOW!

The show is so tumblr that it's trans-genre.

>I hear that he emotionally abuses his girlfriends.
Do you think he has a crying fetish like his sister?

Or as one commenter said when they first subbed the show, "furry moe is the main stream abroad huh?"

He just looks like that all the time.

Faust look quite aggressive with sugar.

Probably jealous of all that liberty that sugar have with her show

I think FiM is much less insipid than most moeshit, if only because the weird guys who watch it are a tertiary demographic who were drawn in by its charm instead of the intended primary audience.

>Steven Universe wasn't on until late 2013
Shows are usually signed onto the network years before they air, Season 5 of Samurai Jack for example got announced in 2014 but didn't air until 2017 so it got contracted and green lit months before then
For SU, the pilot was aired in May of 2013, and most likely had contracts and work started in 2012, which is the year DC Nation was running it's block

That's an awkward line up. I wonder how they managed to keep Alex Hirsch from autistically screeching at Hartman for being a Drumpf voter? Guess he is all talk, or should I say, all tweet?

>MLP as a phenomena is an oddity. It's like years of subconscious furry fetish fed to late 90s/early 2000s kids through things such as Pokemon and Sonic finally exploded. It's the social conditions behind it that made it so popular, because otherwise it would be a meh show for any cartoon fan

Eh I think you have a small point there, the whole "talking animal" part of it had an audience primed for that kind of thing but you're seriously discounting a lot of other things that made it popular, I for one was never a furry

For one thing, it actually was a good show...I know it's a meme to say otherwise, or say it isn't anymore (I think it still is) but strictly talking about the early days, it was a good show...it had good self aware humor that wasn't really seen in kids shows at the time with most of it being strictly slapstick or gross out leftovers, lore and heavy story driven elements combined with SoL which once again, not usually a thing in kids shows of the time, and it brought back a couple forgotten things.....one being the musical cartoon, with music that actually had effort put into it, and the idea of fantasy cartoons not being plated strictly as some kind of parody

Combine that with the shock factor that "wow, you mean a girl branded show can be not cookie cutter bullsit?!?!?!!?" and all of these things had to do with the success of MLP: FIM, it wasn't strictly furries user, in fact I'm pretty sure the show itself is what turned a lot of people into them

In any case, whether you like it or not, to deny it's influence or shrug it off as some fluke is pretty dumb and just makes it seem like you're an anti-brony, MLP FIM has every bit as much to do with the current eras trend of "whimsical/magical/fantasy" themed girly leaning shows as Adventure Time, IMO those two shows are the only reason we have half the shows we do now

well it was at first

>always quit with the minimum conflict
>never create something original
>no one take her ideas to make an original show

Faust need to know her place right now. Sugar literally create by itself a fucking original cartoon, not a rehash/re-skin of some old franchise

>that face
WHAT ARE We gonna do now?

>Hartman for being a Drumpf voter
I thought in showbiz you're either for Democrats all the way, or never hired.

I don't know a single straight guy that likes the cartoon in real life. Not even shitposting, everyone I know who likes the show is a woman, a gay dude or a tranny. If it's a boy's cartoon, it should probably have less singing and dancing and more Dolph Lundgren.

>
DC Nation was in development as early as 2011. So it beats SU by a year.

because your assuming Hartman is pro-Trump when really he is just smart enough not to be open or preachy with his political views

although honestly Seth McFarlane is a good friend of his, and Seth doesn't strike me as a person who can stand being friends with people who hold different political views

You can get away with it if you hide your politics until you have some pull. If you just start dipping your toes into it while wearing a MAGA hat you're fucked, but if you pull out the hat after several years of working with people that's not really anything they can do because the entertainment industry is a highly inbred echo chamber. Everyone knows each other, everyone needs each other.

It was after the shorts started airing that she tried to push for CN to make it into a full show but they said no since "SU was their one girl show"

I honestly consider SU an anti-shounen. At face value it looks like a shounen series (unique kid with special powers, a harem of female characters surrounding him). But Steven has no fighting spirit in him, nor are their any character that could be his rival, on top of that the color palette of the show is soft and to be blunt, girly.

Well, now that is just unfair, there's very few things in life that wouldn't be improved by the addition of Dolph Lundgren.

Counterpoint: G.I. Joe had singing and zero Dolph Lundgrens and is the manliest show ever.

youtu.be/1qlN4x-CMyc

I would pick up SU in a second and never let go if it had Dolph as one of the gems.

It also pushes the feminine idea that no one is really evil, just misunderstood, and that talking things out is always preferable to using force.

The characters are ostensibly in a war but the conflict comes across as more high school drama than an actual war.

I was gonna say replace "less singing and dancing" with "less crying", but then I remembered shonen like Naruto and One Piece.

couldn't have said it better

Any action star would do. But seriously, if Rebecca Sugar legitimately thinks she's targeting anything close to the average boy, she's doing a pretty piss-poor job of it. "Girl's cartoon" is my first thought no matter how you slice it.

Where did you get the idea that the conflict is that soft? Also, there isn't a war, the whole point of many of the protagonists' actions is to avoid one since they stand 0 chance against any serious force from Homeworld. Hell, even them sending scouts got them in really murky waters several times.

>less crying

Nigga everyone cries in Shonen. Look at Fist of the North Star. The thing is those characters are crying over masculine themes like self-sacrifice, loyalty, brotherhood, endurance, and courage. In SU they're crying because of relationship drama bullshit.

>evil being subjective is a feminine idea
Since when?

>"I must shatter you"

Fucking this.

Manly tears are something to be honoured and looked up to. Crying over spilt milk is just pathetic for anyone to do.

Kenshiro cries. Amuro Ray cries. Peter Parker cries. So long as you maim people/kill zeek scum/get people killed on accident then you're fine.

GI Joe also had Sgt. Slaughter though. Steven Universe is virtually devoid of testosterone.

Post-modern relativism has been a huge play in the feminist handbook for years. It's why they can support Islam but hate White Males. There's no "good" or "evil" just oppressor and oppressed. Those with power are wrong and bad and those fighting those with power are good and correct.

>Hokuto no Ken
MANLY tears don't count as crying, user. They get a pass.
In more recent shonen, it just feels forced. "Look at my tragic backstory" "Oh yeah? Look at my MORE tragic backstory and cry harder!"

>Also, there isn't a war, the whole point of many of the protagonists' actions is to avoid one since they stand 0 chance against any serious force from Homeworld.

Which is kinda anti-shounen. The majority of "rescue X" arcs involves going suicidal missions against powerful enemies to get their friend back, hell gurren lagann had a small army take on the most powerful entity in the universe.

you do realize one of the most important figures in moral relativism is Nietzsche right? A massive sexist

You can claim that all feminists believe in moral relativism but I don't see how that argument translates into all moral relativists are feminist

I think you might wanna go back to some basic fucking logic before you try to make random claims again

>Tears in Fist of the North Star

The guy that's fought by your side has hours to live and is trying to fight on until his last moments.

You know in your heart your brother who you're fighting would have you dead to rights but radiation sickness is letting you win anyway because the universe has no honor. You embrace him one last time as your brother before permitting him to live out what time he has left in peace.

>Stephen Universe

BWAHHHH PINK DIAMOND BWAHHHHH ROSE QUARTZ

its got that waifu factor and thats the only reason its popular, but your right you need that early furry preconditioning in order for that to work in the context of a show about horses

Steven Universe is only a "boys show" in a post MLP FIM world

>Nietzsche
>Moral relativist

Only in a very constrained view of his work. His belief in virtue ethics was a major split between his work and the works of earlier philosophers like Heigel. What was good allowed a flourishing of higher men. What was bad constrained them. How did you get this wrong?

>All moral relativists are feminists

Read what they're teaching on campuses. They're teaching that there is no good or evil only subjective opinions.

Jimmy Spookems pilot when

>Where did you get the idea that the conflict is that soft?
>Many of the protag's actions are to avoid war

You just answered yourself.

>Stand 0 chance against any serious force
Masculine heroes routinely stand up against overwhelming odds.

The show isn't about a guerilla war against Homeworld. It's not even about political maneuvering with Homeworld. That would make it a masculine show. It's about relationship drama wrapped in a thin veneer of some Star Wars esque conflict. The characters hang out and live a pretty lackadaisical existence with the bad guys being comedically inept. The only real threat is the threat of emotional damage and having the people in your circle of friends judge you for things you may or may not have done.

At its heart the show has as much to do about war as Degrassi.

So youre saying Steven universe in an inverted stardust memory from zeons perspective? On paper that could be cool.
Shame about the execution

>They're teaching that there is no good or evil only subjective opinions.
And this proves they are all feminist how again?

Also I think you completely missed the point that Nietzsche was putting forward his moral system, that he believed was the best one for an ideal society, he didn't claim that there was something inherent about the morality of actions, he just thought people would be better off viewing good and evil or good and bad in a different way than they currently did, not that any of the actions were more good or bad than any others inherently, it was a subjective idea about how morals influence society and how a better moral system can be made, such a thing is only conceivable as a relativist, where the only point of moral becomes how they aid and structure society

Actually when i think about it, steven is just a really bad loranz from turn a.

>mlp
>good show

It's a passable show that happened to do just enough right to get a gigantic peripheral audience of autistic jaded adults interested in girl's cartoons and the r34 thereof. The only reason it seemed good is because it found company among the worst cartoons of this generation with only the tired corpse of Spongebob getting any work done. So when it showed up, people rejoiced that the fucking basics of animation weren't abandoned and people that still had talent were making these shows again. That's pure luck; a fluke.

There's plenty on the air now that far exceeds MLP in terms of quality, and plenty that doesn't just the same, but to call it a good show is an insult to good shows with its rushed moral endings and oversweetened plots with predictable outcomes.

>plot
>comes
There, not you can go fuck off back to your containment board and fap or clop or whatever you do when you're not defending that middling lucky bastard of a 21 minute girl's toy commercial.