bump

There are pools on Jaku

TURN
YOUR
BRAIN
OFF

she used the force

ah, of course

This phrase has been one of the most annoying phrases in existence even before Sup Forums picked it up and started forcing it as a meme. Only ironic retards who think they're smarter than they are use it.

Unironically this
it's lowest common denominator garbage shat out by studio to milk money from franchise that should have just been left for dead
what the fuck do you expect? of course it's going to be absolute shit

She doesn't even swim she flops around like a retard after landing in the water 5 feet from shore.

MaRey Sue

How does she speak Wookie?
I can buy everything other than that. Why the fuck does she speak Wookie? Literally only Han has ever been able to understand Chewie and that's because they're heterosexual life partners and shit.
The movies don't even acknowledge how crazy it is. It's fucking stupid

While we are at it we might ask why each planet has only one landscape as if they are all different parts of one planet

There are wookie people on Jaku

Star Wars is a toy franchise and the primary audience is 11 year olds. Deal with it

Ah, of course.

Actually George Lucas said that Star Wars was for 12 year olds, not 11 year olds
FUCKING BTFO

Agreed. It's an easy detail to miss but the fact that EVERYONE understands Chewie now is just about the biggest internal inconsistency with Nu-Wars. Yes, worse than weaponising hyperspace. Yes, worse than re-writing how Leia got the Death Star plans ("we're on a diplomatic mission!" NIGGA WE JUST SAW YOU LEAVE OUR BASE AT SCARIF, I WAS LITERALLY STANDING AT THE HANGER AS YOUR SHIP LEFT.)

It's not as important as these two but it speaks to the complete lack of interest the people running the show have towards it.

>I can buy everything other than that.
You can buy that she is a better fighter and as strong in the force as Kylo Ren? Luke implied Kylo and Rey were equal in potential. But the thing is, Kylo Ren has years of training under his belt. Rey has known about the force for two days at the most.

I just chalk it up to the Force. It's dumb, but hey, if you're dealing with supernaturally mega magic that controls fate and destiny and shit, I don't mad at powerlevel wanking

The same way she learned how to read and write and repair complex machines. The Tatooine public education system, made possible by a generous grant from the Jaba association.

Rey doesn't need school, sweetie. The knowledge of the universe is in her brain.

So every planet has every landscape and every race and species. Everywhere are actually the same. This is called globalization.

Wookkiee has been shown to be comprehensible to humans before. What's REALLY weird is how she can understand droid.

Isn't chewie already understood by everyone in OT?

Nah, only the planets relevant to Rey. This way, Nu-Wars fans can just say stupid shit to justify her character

the power of wamen

Come on, user. That's not only inconsistent with the previous standards in this universe, that's also bad writing. She is good at anything as the plot demands and even her mistakes work in her favor. Do you seriously not have a problem with this?

How come she understands Chewbacca?

She is white, ofc she can swim!

....but for her monkey friend Finn? Hmmm...

>That's not only inconsistent with the previous standards in this universe
How?
Obi wan says that the Force partially controls everyone. Rey is a puppet of the Force.

I mean it is dumb that she can do everything, but "being really good at the Force" isn't the worst thing about her character.

....the same school Luke went to?...

The public school thing aside though, there millennium falcon was literally sitting on Jaku so you might say Rey had contacted things like that before.

>why isn't she a disabled mongoloid in a wheelchair that does nothing throughout the film? why? why????????

Who are you quoting?

Believing is the first step in mastering the force. But it still requires training otherwise Luke wouldn't have needed to see Master Yoda. And while he didn't complete his training with a teacher, he had at least two years to practice on his own. Rey went from collecting scraps and thinking the force was a myth to going toe to toe with someone who had years of experience with some of the strongest force users ever and even giving Snoke a slight struggle in like two days.

You don't get good at that kind of thing without regular practice. It isn't enough to have just been exposed to it, it would need to be a hobby. A better made film would have established it by filling her home with mechanical devices that she had clearly built, and possibly giving her a speeder that was cobbled from odd scraps. Collecting junk was at least a start, but not really enough because they put all emphasis on the spelunking and microwave dinners.

Where did they show that? Or even tell us? It fails to do either.

shes white

It's less weird than knowing Wookie since poor orphan slave Rey made her living scrapping droids. Learning droid language and mechanics of spaceship was the least strange part of her skill set.

...unless you want to go into the details about scrapping from ships doesn't mean repairing ship on the fly and that as C3PO said there are so many robot languages out there they needed a protocol robot for it

Do you really think people on a desert planet could somehow survive without water?

Do you think people on a desert planet would use said water for recreation instead of survival?

>wahhh wahh why does she do things that have a positive outcome and not fail miserably wahhh wahh why

Cooling off is a legitimate survival strategy in a desert environment friend.

Well, just because it's for children doesn't mean it has to be stupid and inconsistent. I bet you're that kind of parent that buys those Pixar knock off films for their children and think "who the fuck cares, they'll watch anything".

all of your autistic complaints will be addressed in some throwaway comic, hopefully that settles your 'tism

An important part of story telling is having characters who are believable. This means that they have flaws just like you and me. When a character can do whatever they want with no logic behind it it is not a believable character. I know you're just a troll fishing for (you)'s but come on. Do something more constructive with your life.

Being a good mechanic and understanding droids actually makes sense for Rey because of her background. They should have focused on that being her main skill set.

Why they also had to make her a great pilot AND a great force user automatically makes no damn sense.

>filling her home with mechanical devices that she had clearly built, and possibly giving her a speeder that was cobbled from odd scraps.
I agree that would make a better movie.
Those are interesting details in background. That's what Lucas did in EP1.
Problem is JJA didn't want it.

>Obi wan says that the Force partially controls everyone. Rey is a puppet of the Force.

Anakin was also the GOAT force messiah of all time and even he needed like 7 years of training and after all that got his shit wrecked by Dooku a mid level lightsaber duelist

Rey has NO context whatsoever and can just be awesome at literally anything

>There are pools on Jaku

Of urine

>doesn't mean it has to be stupid and inconsistent
no but it means it CAN be that and it won't matter. Also Pixar haven't made a good movie in about 5 years now so after you see the classics who cares indeed

So you're in a desert. You have very limited water. You would rather pour your water out and sit in it instead of drink it?

Finn drank from a pound with a pig nose

Who says there is limited water? We only saw Jakku for about 20 minutes

This just in, the Prequels were poorly written

He drank from a watering trough not a pool. You're saying Rey practiced swimming in a watering trough full of animal spit?

umm, what the fuck

No its called galactivisation

All light saber users have to be great pilot because the franchise demands it

she didn't "do whatever she wanted" she used the force to move rocks and she she swung the lightsaber around AND she had help the whole time. just because she didn't get blown up and raped in one scene and then carried away and nursed to health or something doesn't detract from the movie.

when Finn arrives at the outpost they literally show a huge animal drinking water.
what are oases... you think there are none on that entire planet?

you fucking people should just hammer your trolling abilities, for the sake of the quality of shitposting.

JJA doesn't know how to make good movies. He's only marketable because his initials are partially alterative.

Because it's a desert planet. Jakku was once a verdant world[5] with forests and water,[2] but some past calamity turned it into a barren globe of scorched badlands and marching dunes.[5]

BARREN GLOBE OF SCORCHED BADLANDS

Women are inately better at everything in feminist-world.

Obi Wan was a shit pilot

I just don't understand why they had Rey pilot the Falcon in TFA when Poe existed as a character

Read
for your first retarded point
and
for your second retarded point

>Limited water

Walk me through the entirety of the fictional planet of Jakku and it's global climate and ecosystems first before you start making assumptions friend.

>Heterosexual life partners
It's called "being friends".

Yeah.
In fact in my head canon Rey was a sex slave owned by a Jabba-like guy who forced her to swim in bikini in his private pool/bathtub oozing with his secretion

I didn't pull that up just because you asked me I have been thinking about these a lot.

read
You god damn retard.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jakku

Sooo it's a shittier, less interesting and less fleshed out verion of Arrakis?

Or is it just a renamed rehash of Tatooine?

Renamed rehash of Tatooine. But at least Tatooine had a an excuse of having water.

>Star Wars fan fiction is canon

Kill yourself, absolutely no where in any of the films is Jakku fleshed out any further than "lol its a middle east in space".

It's just Tatooine and everyone admits it's a rehash. Haters and apologetics alike

you don't prove shit faggot, without water on the planet there wouldn't be life. You think some hip bitch like Rey can't use her speeder get to a some place with lots of water to dive in for whatever reason she wants to? Fucking useless shitposter.

>Fan fiction

God damn you're fucking retard. There are links to sources that Disney and Nu-Wars consider canon.

man honestly are you retarded. Jokes aside, I'm not being mean or trying to hurt you feelings. Are you retarded? As in certified by a doctor.

Man I love all these facts and evidence you're providing. The only shitposter here is you retard. I suggest you swiftly kill yourself and improve everyone's lives around you.

So every planet has every landscape and every race and species. Everywhere are actually the same.

Would be really cool if they actually make kids from desert planet unable to swim.

No it would have been cool if they did the logically thing and make her unable to swim. Then it would actually FOR ONCE give her a challenge to overcome. Maybe so she could actually have a character arc and character development.

At least wookie is a humanoid language that we know people can learn

She understands astromech. Literally only 3PO and an X-wing interpreter have done that

nevermind

She bypassed the compressor

I'm not a Star Wars fanboy so I give literally zero shits mate.

But go ahead and stay mad about inconsistencies in your general admittance magical space alien drama.

>She understands astromech. Literally only 3PO and an X-wing interpreter have done that
Hey yeah what the fuck

Chewie is understood like a dog is understood by everyone except Han

Or maybe 3PO understood him in the chess game scene. Which would make sense because he's a linguist

There was a water tank inside the crashed ISD and Rey practiced swimming there every morning
Seriously just read the book faggot

>Gives literally zero shits
>Goes into a thread about Star Wars and tries to argue shit

Sure thing buddy. I'm sorry about your retardation though. I hope you don't drool on yourself too much while being so assblasted.

How did she communicate with alien life forms and ai in a universe with established linguistic barriers you faggot

>Man I love all these facts and evidence you're providing.
if you see a living being on a planet there is water on that planet, if you see a competent scrapper with a fast vehicle on a shithole planet that has life on it, you don't ask yourself if you see said scrapper swimming:

>how does she know how to swim? I mean... you never see water anywhere...

there, I proved you're a worthless troll that needs to improve his shitposting.

I don't think they want to spend time on training or challenging Rey. They spared time to give girl audience a shirtless scene and give other audience more combat scenes.

You mean you don't speak Wookie. You're not racist are you user. The force is diverse.

One shouldn't have to read a book written after a 2 hour film to fill in the inconsistencies and plot holes of said film. The flick was clearly made for money alone, not out of passion, or even a vague fondness, for the series. It's always about money with the mouse.

>I don't know what shitposting is

Pot calling the kettle black, kiddo.

>strength through unity
You now realize the outcome would be exactly the same if the master race won WWII
Ever race = THE race

>Rey practiced swimming there every morning
Why would she do that ?....
If she got time and purpose why doesn't she train herself with a more relevant skill such as combat technique with light saber and X wings
What will swimming do for her after this scene

I'm pretty sure C3po has a "conversation" with Chewie when hes bitching about being carried around in pieces in ESB.

You haven't proved shit. All you're doing is screeching "IT'S BECAUSE I SAID SO REEEEEEE!" I have provided evidence proving you wrong. That there is no natural water on Jakku. What water they do have is provided by space travelers for the sole purpose of drinking. So go ahead. Show me your proof that there's natural water on Jakku. Or pools on Jakku. Or anything that you're claiming. And don't just keep screeching "THERE HAS TO BE BECAUSE I SAID IT!" If your tiny brain is capable of such feats of course.

What book and where in the book does it claim this?

How is it that faggots like you try to use actual science to explain away inconsistencies in this flick but the moment someone brings up hyperspace kamikazes, curving lasers in space, surviving bare exposure to the void of space, faulty lightsabre emissions, gravity existing to drop bombs when no gravity is present, etc etc you faggots cry "it's a space adventure movie u nerds"