PREDATOR Plot Details

Special Forces operative Quinn McKenna (Boyd Holbrook) is sent to Cuba to assassinate a drug lord, where he finds a wounded Predator in the wreckage of a crashed spaceship and retrieves an alien device, which he mails to his estranged son Rory McKenna (Jacob Tremblay), an autistic savant who lives with Quinn's ex-wife Tessa (Yvonne Strahovski).

Quinn and the Predator are captured by CIA agent John Traeger (Sterling K. Brown), the leader of a secret department investigating alien activity on Earth, particularly the Predator's previous appearances in South America and Los Angeles, and Quinn is locked up alongside a group of of deranged ex-soldiers (Trevante Rhodes, Keegan Michael-Key, Thomas Jane, Alfie Allen and Augusto Aguilera). The wounded Predator awakens and escapes to retrieve the device. Quinn and the ex-soldiers decide to hunt him down, aided by Traeger and his assistant, xenobiologist Casey Beckett (Olivia Munn).

Rory deciphers the Predators' language and finds out that their homeworld is dying and they are planning to conquer Earth. The device is the beacon that'll lead their forces to Earth. The Predator becomes determined to capture Rory and harvest his DNA to enhance the Predators' intelligence. To stop him, Quinn and his men are forced to join forces with a group of renegade Predators who have been peacefully living on Earth for years under the government's supervision, leading to a vicious battle of the fate of the world in the suburbs of Philadelphia.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt2918116/?ref_=nv_sr_3
slashfilm.com/jake-busey-predator-character-revealed/
empireonline.com/movies/predator-3/jake-busey-reveals-predator-2-connection-predator/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I was going to greentext something stupid...but then it kept getting worse as I went on. Jesus christ who greenlit this abomination

pretty col

>predators under witness protection just trying to live life and do a 9-to-5
>spacefaring races harvesting random sperg kids to better themselves
>people actually bitched about PREDATORS respectively
let this franchise die

I'd watch that. But whatever happened to Jack Busey's character?

Alien hunters are fine by me, but lightning curling upwards just breaks my suspension of disbelief.

Dear God, why? WHY?!?!?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

how hard would it be to have a dutch cameo?

This... it is fake right? R-right?

>which he mails to his estranged son Rory McKenna (Jacob Tremblay), an autistic savant
>Quinn and the Predator are captured by CIA agent John Traeger (Sterling K. Brown), the leader of a secret department investigating alien activity on Earth
>Keegan Michael-Key
>The Predator becomes determined to capture Rory and harvest his DNA to enhance the Predators' intelligence
>To stop him, Quinn and his men are forced to join forces with a group of renegade Predators who have been peacefully living on Earth for years under the government's supervision

>harvest DNA to become smarter
>implying predators aren't already a billion times smarter

>their homeworld is dying and they are planning to conquer Earth
2/10 plot right there. Then again all it needs is good action.

>we could make a sequel to predator
>no, let's reboot it
>should we follow the preestablished rules of the universe?
>no, we're marketing to a new demographic now so fuck that
>let's hire an attractive, talented actress that will appeal to the young male audience
>no, let's hire olivia munn

The first movie is the only thing that matters in this "franchise", the rest is complete trash

He works for Traeger. I believe the Predator kills him early on.

Can someone please answer me honestly: is there anything left for Jewlywood to rape? Masters of the Universe is apparently getting redone, so with that we should just about have ruined everything, right? Nothing is left is there?

Who knows? He was supposed to have a (nonsensical) cameo in the original ending for PREDATORS but Arnold turned it down.

Gremlins

Oh...

Guess the fuck again.
imdb.com/title/tt2918116/?ref_=nv_sr_3

>which he mails to his estranged son Rory McKenna

>Predator becomes determined to capture Rory and harvest his DNA to enhance the Predators' intelligence

dear god in heaven

>he doesnt enjoy pred 2
get out

>a group of renegade Predators who have been peacefully living on Earth for years under the government's supervision

*inhales*

>spacefaring alien race with DNA manipulation technology
>needs the brain of a soon-to-be Sup Forums poster to make more smart

I think in the books they say they just find some other destroyed society's technology and use it

Oh my...

It's not a reboot retard. Did you read it? It's after pred 1 and 2

>finds alien artifact
>mails it to his autistic son

What am i even reading

This commercial is one of the cringiest things I've ever seen on television. Idk how, but the girl being attractive just makes it worse.

Arnold was offerd a role or cameo.
he turned it down, he found the script that terrible "i don't want to be in this piece of shit"

Now this is a story all about how
My life got flipped turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the predator of a town called Bel-Air

In Cuba, wrecked and captured
In the jungle is where I spent most of my days
Camoflaugin' out, trackin', decapitatin' all cool
And all hunting' some preys outside of the school

When a couple of guys who were up to no good
Started makin' trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and got clocked out
And military said "You're movin' with Quin and some soldiers in Bel-Air"

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
The license plate said 'Dutch' and it had dice in the mirror
If anything I could say that this cab was rare
But I thought "Nah, forget it, yo holmes, to Bel-Air!"

I pulled up to the base about 7 or 8
And I yelled to Quinn "Yo holmes, smell ya later"
Looked at my kingdom, I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the Predator of Bel-Air

I'm familiar with that, but only one thing cites that, so as far as I'm concerned thats conjecture

>guberment is bad
>foreign invaders living "peacefully" under government supervision rebel

Looks like another leftist shitshow.

>olivia munn
DROPPED

busey's son i thin plays a role in this one as his son (the character's)

you would expect shane black, having starred in the Original predator.
would come up with something good. not this trash that makes PREDATORS with the SUPER BLACK PREDATORS good.

As a scientist no less.

I know this already. So you're agreeing with me?

>The device is the beacon that'll lead their forces to Earth.

BUT THEY KNEW WHERE THE EARTH IS FOR FUCKING CENTURIES

c u t e !

this is not true. i don't believe you. post proof that this is real, i dare ya.

yeah, my bad.

We don't need to know what the device is. We don't need the giant, world-ending stakes. That does nothing but muddle a film that should be about a bunch of gun-happy soldiers hunting and being hunted by a badass alien. That's all a Predator film ever should be.

Masters of the Universe was bad though so at least they've got the chance to do it right now, but it's hollywood, so I doubt it

>need DNA of humans to colonize Earth
i thought they treated earth like a safari zone since 1980
they're a warrior race with trophies of their kill, why do they need to go to earth at all? just scrape off some skull fragment and look at where you sent predator in 83

So they are retroactively making Predators with action-star-all-hero Adrian Brody a good movie? Alright then.

You want proof?

>set photos of "tamed" predators fighting along side humans equipped with camouflage gear and all

go to avpgalaxy forums, this is like 1 year old news desu

And they keep coming back here

They've been here 5 times that we are absolutely sure of, not counting the AvP movies as canon, not counting the very many times implied by Predators, not counting the first visit in this movie, not counting the arrivals of the other predators in this movie

I think that their characters will be unrelated. Predator 2 is non-canon.

At least the it's a practical costume instead of CGI desu

What you think is irrelevant seeing as how it's been confirmed this takes place after 1 and 2 retard. He is playing his son. There is nothing to "think" about

Started out dumb. Then it kept getting dumber and dumber.

Guess we shouldn't be expecting much.

i was gonna mockingly greentext this, but there's just too much. what the fuck

ha ha! Oh boy! I know Predator! I remember Predator!

>yfw the tamed predators earth-quip

Haven’t the predators known about earth for thousands of years though? And why the fuck do they need the brain of a literal autist when they can travel through fucking space camouflaged

>The device is the beacon that'll lead their forces to Earth
I don't even know where to fucking start

>he turned it down, he found the script that terrible "i don't want to be in this piece of shit"
>stars in Terminator Genisys

Jesus Christ talk about fucking a corpse who approved this shit?
This is AVP:R tier awful

Why are you so rude? I fucking love Predator 2, so I want it to become canon, but this will not happen.

>Predator 2 is non-canon.

Based on what?

Can you imagine that there are really people out there on this planet that look at this and go, "Oh yeah, this is great! This is what I want my movie to look like, and I just know the fans will love it too!"
How did it all go so wrong?

and yet it is confirmed happening moron.

>slashfilm.com/jake-busey-predator-character-revealed/
>slashfilm.com/jake-busey-predator-character-revealed/

Tell us more of your denial tho. I want to see just how much of a fool you make of yourself

Predators and AvP never mentioned incident in Los Angeles. Also Shane Black hates this movie.

predator 3 should have been set in the desert
with a us team lost and fighting terrorists.
eventually both sides come together to fight this enemy, but in the end they lose (not die, but lose enough men)
they see the predator take his trophies and blast off (ship under the sand)
the two once enemies look at each other and decide to leave their weapons and walk away.
or they keep their weapons and shake hands, knowing that there are somethings more threatening than themselves.

It's amazing how we're just trying to ruin everything.
>Predator home-world dying
>Intergalactic travel and other hyper advanced technology
>Hunt lifeforms across different planets
>Never colonized other planets ever, in their whole history
>Never came across a planet that might be more sensible to colonize besides Earth
>Whatever, still decide to colonize Earth
>Somehow it's not an instant victory despite a history of routinely doing the equivalent of tying their arms behind their back and boxing the most deadly representatives from Earth
So are we setting up something where Predators and Humans end up forming an alliance and fighting against Xenomorphs together or some shit? What is the end game to this insanity?

I have no words

AvP isn't cannon and the ending to Predator 2 implied the government covered the whole incident up.

that has nothing to do with anything retard. THIS film will proceed AFTER Pred 1 AND 2. how are ppl this stupid? the rest are irrelevant

>‘The Predator’: Jake Busey Reveals He’s Playing the Son of Gary Busey’s ‘Predator 2’ Character

empireonline.com/movies/predator-3/jake-busey-reveals-predator-2-connection-predator/

The sad part is, this movie is going to fucking bomb because nobody knows what the fuck Predator is, and the plot is absolute shit.

predator 2 is fucking awesome

This is what it all boils down to: why or how do people that do not care for, or have never consumed, the original source material continuously get to trample beloved franchises in to the ground instead of allowing someone who would make a project straight out of love?

jesus.....and i had such hopes for this movie

It should be one fucking Predator. That's why it's a threat. Predators and this are how you declaw your monsters, just like Aliens, introduce more, the threat of how dangerous just one is, vanishes.

It should be
>jungle predator
>city predator
>rustic/boonies/outback predator
Keep introducing more locations, not more Predators.

Wilderness survival enthusiasts' skills and knowledge are put to the test when a fucking Predator decides to hunt them in the Australian outback or Louisiana bayous or something.

>Jake Busey Reveals He’s Playing the Son of Gary Busey’s ‘Predator 2’ Character
He could be joking.

>because nobody knows what the fuck Predator is,
are you stupid?

I enjoyed it

Do you really need to put spoilers for this? I don't think anyone is watching this movie for the story

I dunno, not many movies can get worse than AVP:R

ah more denial because you got called out. Anything else you want to add moron?

The director was in the original, but no one else gives a shit

You don't get it, do you? Do you wonder why in The Last Soyim there had to be a character on Not Hoth to explain tot he audience that what covered the planet's surface was salt? It's a combination of Hollywood thinking that the audience is stupid and the audience literally being stupid.

>So are we setting up something where Predators and Humans end up forming an alliance and fighting against Xenomorphs together or some shit? What is the end game to this insanity?

Yes, It would be like the Avengers, only Predators and Humans.
They will be called The Hunters™ and it will take place in the Alien Universe™

at least the comics are better
they have multiple worlds or basicly live on giant ships

This website is for users 18 years of age and older

This is fucking awful.

>Anything else you want to add moron?
I love you, user.

>predators homeworld is dying
>despite already having game preserve worlds they thrive in
>renegade predators living peacefully on earth
>the predators, race who’s entire culture is based on martial prowess and taking on suitable opponents
>living peacefully
>autistic kid figures out their language, predators want to harvest dna of a mentally challenged child to better their race, just because he can read their alphabet even though he’s GENETICALLY DISEASED and CANT FIGHT WORTH A FLYING FUCK

Jesus fucking christ, what a fucking train wreck. I guarantee the person who wrote this script has autism, or is the parent of a child with autism who thinks “autism is my superpower.” I hope they make a sequel to this where neurotypical humans BTFO predators with autism who can’t do anything other than screech, colour code their Legos, jack off to hentai, and reuse to change their shit crusted undies.

let me gues
still no female predators? or if they are there smaller then the males. instead of being far taller

I hope this will be the movie that turns movie on the Shane Black

Last Action Hero, was and always will be, a bad movie.

Fuck me your right.
Having a peaceful predator is like having a peaceful xenomorph.
It just doesn't float.

I saw the AVP and Predators films once, when they originally came out each, and I vaguely remember there was some kind of Not Machiko insert character in one of those movies. I remember really enjoying the books with her as well, and there's a book called Concrete Jungle that stars Dutch's brother which I remember liking as a kid.

Do not do this to my dick, please.

Fund this.

we will never get a movie with machiko noguchi sadly

>a group of renegade Predators who have been peacefully living on Earth for years under the government's supervision

>Do not do this to my dick

It's for science you doofus.

Weaponized Autism: The Movie