This is the best superhero game ever. Prove me wrong

This is the best superhero game ever. Prove me wrong

Protip: You can't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oj3u9U5eIfo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When it came to ensure the quality of our fair board, did the OP have a plan? No! He relied on a bait. A Bat-bait!

Not OP, but posting because this is the best fucking superhero game ever. You should prove him wrong although,

Pro tip: you can't

Asylum is better

Devito Penguin was the best performance of the character
Prove me wrong Sup Forums

Not posting Marvel Vs Capcom 2
OP Please leave

Why bait? What is your favorite superhero-related game?

>talking about Marlel vs Crapcum 2

Please depart this thread

but I can

Asylum have less side quests. It gets boring more easily. The Scarecrow sequences are amazing though,

>less side quests
so? It's still the better game.

Fun, but wrong.

I really liked the X-men Legends and MUA games. That said, the Arkham series still wins out.

Brevity is the soul of wit
Arkham City is just
>hey, let's put in Mad Hatter!
>hey, let's put in Bane!
>hey, let's put in Azreal!
>hey, let's put in Deadshot!
>hey, let's put in Hush!
>hey, let's put in Black Mask!
It is literally Shoehorning: The Game

The best super hero game ever made was Saints Row 4.

Arkham City > Arkham Asylum > Arkham Knight

No one cares about origins.

>The Scarecrow sequences are amazing though
Love and Hated this

Grew up with the classic Nintendo cartridge glitching, and was a victim of the 360's shitty craftsmanship, was on my 3rd console when I played Asylum, and when it got to the glitch reset hallucination scene I legitimately panicked thinking something was wrong, leapt up and shut off the console

Asylum > Origins > City > Knight

Origins is better than City.

I prefer MvC 2 desu

Is Arkham Knight that bad?

No, Saints Row 4 is the best Crackdown game.

>When you can't even talk about games on Sup Forums

Batmobile Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots really, really brought the game down
After the hype of City, Hush was a catastrophic letdown

Asylum has a better story and atmosphere

City just has better gameplay

Outside of Joker turning himself into a big monster at the end because video games

>shoehorning

What the fuck? What's the problem with more content and characters showing up? Some characters aren't fit to be main villains, but are just perfect for minor quests. Zasz is a great example of it.

No. If not for the tank, it would've been the best. The tank just really brings shit down.

>mfw it was nothing, just a QTE and a cutscene. His master plan was to steal some cash.

Great customization, love the power skill trees, very little variety in quests. Felt like I was fighting the same baddie over and over again.

enemy variety gets better as you get higher in level

>City just has better gameplay
Unless the game is dependent on story like Telltale games, a mechanic-heavy game with better gameplay but a worse story will still be better than the reverse.

Paper Mario: TTYD's story is as dry as it comes, still better than Super Paper Mario.

>Outside of Joker turning himself into a big monster at the end because video games

Unfortunately, both Asylum and City have shitty endings. The Clayface final boss was really lame. Sure, it was surprising to see the healty Joker was just a double, but using Clayface as the final boss really came out of nowhere

If the gameplay difference is a slim one like between Mario 3 and Mario World then the argument always comes down to which game's aesthetics you like more

City's gameplay isn't even that much better, just altered more to suit the world style

I don't think it's unreasonable to claim that Mr. Freeze was the best boss in the series

It's too bad they couldn't top that, to the tune of doing it in every game afterwards

Many video games have shit final bosses and I think part of it comes from some realization companies made a long time ago that a high percentage of gamers drop games they play after a certain time span, so it leads to a ton of stuff having amazing beginnings, lackluster middles, and shit finales.

It's a shame, the final boss is always gonna stick with the person who beats the game, so you'd think you want to make sure it's strong

I can still to this day hum the bars of the Double Dragon 2 boss music because that boss was fucking satisfying

I can't forgive Arkham City for utterly wasting Hugo Strange in his one chance to actually be cool in a well-received and influential medium, and seriously mishandling Ra's as hard as they did with that irrelevant "Wonder City" bullshit. It might otherwise been a technically better game with stronger variety overall, but in terms of enjoying the ride from beginning to end where the plot is concerned, Asylum beat it's sequels by a mile.

>a high percentage of gamers drop games they play after a certain time span
God I hope your just pulled this out of your ass, or are only taking about multiplayer games...

What bothers me about City is how fucking omnipresent the Riddler He's all around the town. Even in the Wonder Tower there are Riddler trophies.

oh no

Not that user, but the major consoles started showing trophy completion data a while back and it is damning

His shit-talking was absolutely fucking quality in the Arkham games, I genuinely burst out laughing during some of his sequences
>You should know Dark Knight that I'm recording all of your failures for posterity. And for my social media presence of course.
>You are performing just below my expectations. Keep it up and I may let you help me find my socks!

>utterly wasting
>the guy is literally the main villain, along the Joker

What, you wanted him to use the titan formula and brawl with Batman like the Joker did?

Jesus, it's $90 for a base game at launch where I live, unless you're a kid whose parents just piss away money to keep you quiet I don't know how anyone could justify throwing away money on something and not finishing it.

As long as it has a decent campaign, I could play and replay it for hours on end. Even if I don't like it I'll still play it till 90% of the achievements are unlocked.

>multiplayer achievements

Yep, and I'm someone who can't stand that shit, more than an hour of it and I'm ready to slit my wrists...

Mr. Freeze and Solomon Grundy are both awesome in this game.

Grundy's corpse could've been used again

Origins is better than Knight

Is Return to Arkham worth buying?

Arkham Asylum and Arkham City have bad gameplay

They're both poorly written Joker wank (with Asylum having an excuse for it, but City features the worst Batman copout: The main bad guy wasn't the real bad guy all along lmao!!!1)

I like button mashing, sure, but if you think any of the Batman games are top 10 in anyway, either from a story or gameplay perspective, you are just ignorant about video games, period. (And maybe comics)

Do you have a PC capable of running the games without it looking like a slideshow

If the answer is yes, then no, absolutely not

>he spends the whole game getting hyped the fuck up as the main antagonist, pulling at all the strings from off-screen (and during those interviews)
>actually, he was just Ra's Al Ghul's lap dog who was completely dependent on his master for all the resources necessary for him to get as far as he did
That shit was almost as bad as the Iron Man 3 twist, only it let the Fu-Manchu archetype actually be the bad guy. I didn't really expect to throw down with Strange or anything (unless maybe they went down the "he's emulating Batman" route, which might have been either better or far worse than TITAN Joker)... But it would have at least been nice to know he had his own hidden agenda planned, like maybe he had a legit scheme to kill Batman, double cross Ra's, and become his successor to serve some higher end game. But no, instead he was just stabbed in the back for some bullshit anti-climatic plot "twist", and then The Joker stole the spotlight again, which by then was really just the pinch of salt in the wound that knocked Strange down from "disappointing" to "irrelevant" by the time the game's finally over.

At least he had cool audio tapes

Ra's had no reason to be involved with the finale beyond a soap opera esque shock twist because the developers/writers have no interesting philosophy to get across about Batman or Strange, they just need a quick way to wipe them out of the story so they can do the awful Joker portion (which should have been a new game+ alt ending)

Arkham City for sure gave us the best Catwoman.

Fuck forgot the link
youtu.be/oj3u9U5eIfo

To make an addendum, if you put the Arkham games in a top 10 comic video games, then I understand completely.

>Le button mashing meme

Stun baton enemies, shield enemies, knife enemies all require different tactics and become regular enemies as the game goes on.

Literally any other answer that isn't this game is wrong.

I think I enjoyed Lego Batman 2 more, but that's 'cause I could play it along with my nephew and it was like being a kid again.

That cancelled Flash game would've been amazing

Batswarm, weapon break. Yawn.

The only time these chumps even remotely present a threat is unupgraded Batman or the DLC characters who are kind of poorly thought out.

>Arkham Origins
>"oh boy Black Mask is the villain finally someone who isn't Joker"
>nevermind it was Joker all along
>Arkham Knight
>"at least he's dead and he won't be in the game this time"
>nope nevermind he haunts you the entire game

>Using the supermoves that instantly win fights and saying the game is easy.

You type like a Redditor too, you should probably go back.

Joker needed to be in knight. Scarecrow and Todd sucked as villains.

>Running into people at 90 MPH with the batmobile
>That electric shock that is somehow supposed to convince me they aren't fucking dead.

>OH NO BATMAN YOU HAVE FOILED ME AGAIN WITH THIS FLIMSY LOOKING FENCE - THERE'S NO WAY I CAN ESCAPE FROM THIS LIKE I DID THAT PRISON DESPITE LOOKING LIKE THE HULK!

Anyone that likes this game is an idiot.

At that point it'd been so long since I'd heard Hamill and that was a genuine surprise I was okay with it

But Scarecrow was so fucking boring in comparison

>Using the game mechanics???? What a cheater you are!!!1

Should I tie Batmans arm behind his back as well?

And that's your big come back Tumblrony? "YOU'RE FROM A DIFFERENT SITE!"?

I've been avoiding Sup Forums since P5's NA release. Has it actually gotten worse?

>brevity is the soul of wit

Sorry, stupid pet peeve here. That is a quote from Hamlet where Hamlet, the most long winded and the most witty character, was being sarcastic. It is not clever or deep, it's sarcasm.

Anyway, just bugs the hell out of me when people say that like it's supposed to be a serious quote from one of the greatest of all time wordsmiths.

Polonius is the most long winded and the least witty character, and it's his line

>These filenames
>That comeback
>Actually playing a game he hates this much.

Autism.

It's still a true statement.

That's a really nitpicky thing to denounce an entire game over

I'm more annoyed with how fucking boring the fights get and adding more trophies for those tedious as fuck medals.

The joke is that he's right, but he also never shuts up, showing that he's not nearly as witty as he believes himself to be

I had fun playing them, so I'd say they had good gameplay.

>>Actually playing a game he hates this much.

I don't hate the Arkham games, I just realise they're not very good.

They're junk food like McDonalds, but Sup Forums and sometimes Sup Forums like to elevate them beyond that.

Like pic related - this shit character is introduced and I'm supposed to be sad Batmans girlfriend is dead or something

And yes I know who she is from the comic and cartoon, but why should I give a shit about THIS interpretation of her?

Because they're relying on you KNOWING about those interpretations because Dini isn't very intuitive in his writing.

I'm not entirely sure why but the Arkham series games have zero fucking appeal to me.

I think at the end of the day, the reason people love Asylum and to a greater extent City so much isn't their writing or even their gameplay, but the fact that the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts. Everything together- combat, characters, stories, and most of all atmosphere REALLY sell you on the whole "Batman simulator" thing. When you're zipping around Arkham, it becomes really easy to just feel like Batman.

I think that's why there was such a backlash against Knight - driving a battle tank doesn't "feel" like Batman.

That's part of the reason why I think Asylum is better

Asylum was plotted as a Batman game that could easily fit in with any knowledge of the character, that's why it had a bunch of references because you just assumed that at some point (for instance) Batman sword fought an immortal man bare-chested on desert sands like he did in the comics or the cartoon

Then they had to make it it's own universe and bring in their own edgier interpretations

Agreed. Dini hasn't worked out his quirks, as he has a clear problem going back to BTAS with writing Bane for example.

I don't believe for a second that the Asylum/City version of Bane EVER broke Batmans back.

>I'm not entirely sure why but the Arkham series games have zero fucking appeal to me.

It's Batgod at its worst (unless you like Batgod, then you probably should play them)

Point to you. It is still, however supposed to be sarcastic.

Shattered Dimensions

Shadows was better.

suck a great game
end game was lacking so hard, thats why it failed
thats why i'm sad

it lasted for 8 years and finally got endgame rolling in a real way in the last few

I'm not going to force myself to play something I'm not enjoying, but then I almost never pay full price.
>parents
Nigga 90$ is about 4 hours of work in my country, even if I make the mistake of buying a bad game full price it's not that much of an investment. We aren't talking about buying a car here.

I do have a couple of games where I've logged 600+ hours in anyway so it all balances out.

>achievements
Jesus Christ, I'll never understand how they managed to make people care so much about something more worthless than a fucking sticker that says "good job".

I don't do this kind of autistic multi replies often, but i love Batman: Arkham.

It is, but Sup Forums crossboarders will deny that very fact.

He doesn't act like the Penguin, it's more like Killer Croc with some Burton OC creature taken from his emo/goth movies. Arkhamverse Penguin is my favorite version (bottle monocle aside).

Good fighting game, but gets boring soon.

A close contender, but being a movie tie-in product rest points in my book.

All of them, including Origins, do some things better and some worse. The perfect Batman game is hidden between all of them and the Splinter Cell series for the stealth.

Gameplay is not solely about the combat, and even then, the combat in Batman: Arkham is elegantly designed, i love it. It could be hard if the devs wanted it.

Good point, but not good enough to ruin the whole game.

I get that, but there is a deeper irony to the words, particularly in hamlet. Where the title character is so smart he's able to literally dazzle people with his words, insulting them right to their faces without them understanding the joke. It is quite literally demonstrated by a clever character that the statement is false. While the statement is uttered by a foolish character in an ironic fashion. The point is that wit is not derived from amount of words, but from the quality.

Do you really think that Shakespeare of all people was saying that a large amount of words means you are less witty? If so, he paints himself as the character who uttered the line.

Agreed - the setting had restraint and knew which characters worked and didn't work for it

Even from a gameplay perspective it makes me feel more human as Batman compared to Nightcrawlerman in City.

Gamers naturally veer towards the strategy that yields the most reward. If you put an instawin technique people WILL use it and overuse it and get bored with the game. And it won't be their fault, it will be yours as a game designer.

>Gameplay is not solely about the combat

You mean the brain dead """"stealth"""" with the x-ray vision that has no cooldown? Or the hotspot detective bullshit?

His autism can't be contained

I agree Ra's Al Ghul and Talia were two huge mistakes. They didn't add shit to the game. Strange wasn't so bad tho, he technically killed Ra's.