Secret Empire #3 spoiler!

Another Hydra character... this makes sense for you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5axJUbQiapU
abc15.com/news/crime/update-armed-man-arrested-at-phx-comicon-after-struggling-with-police
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So have they explained the heroes that are fighting on hydra's side yet?

>>Gun lover with capital punishment vendetta
>>Joins the Trump Cap side

I see your game.

It's only natural the Punisher would join the murderous fascists.

Fuck him and fuck dgrumtpf

With his obsession and the pedestal he puts Cap on, yeah.

Can't have an event comic without someone being completely out of character can we?

Yeah, it does.

Yeah, ignoring people like and , I can buy this.

I still have flashbacks to "not you" in Civil War. If anything, this just reminds me how sad I am that we'll never have a Cap/Frank movie/netflix episode.

where is the bingo

I mean... yeah, we know he admires Cap but... Cap just bombed Las Vegas, killing thousands of innocents! this really makes sense? Cap should be the first on the list to be punished, IMO.

Next their gonna tell me Uncle Ben was actually a member of Hydra.

Cap killed law breaking degenerates. Hail HYDRA.

>Las Vegas
>innocents

He might have been in the Raimi movies.

So did they ever tell us how long has passed since hydra took over, i've read the first two secret empire issues and I don't think they have said shit but maybe in the tie-ins they have.

It was a different time back then.

I think a lot of them are just under mind control at the moment.

Would Hydracap approve of his ladyboy lover?

Are....

Are you fucking kidding me?

Cap didn't do it.
That's just fake news spread by the Champions

Is he in Darkforce New York or attacking the resistance?

Of COURSE it makes sense, just like that Marvel editor said it would. Hail Marvel!

To be honest guys, I didn't read the comic... I just found the last two pages on internet.

Well......Cap is one of the few people Frank would listen to.

I heard they were fundamentally changed in the past by some shit like the cosmic cube.
It's really another stupid asspull, like the, they were skulls the whole time

I hope this is some plot by Frank to infiltrate Hydra from the inside

Unless I'm mistaken, Frank doesn't like the idea of being parts of teams of any kind unless he has to

Vision and Wanda are under some sort of mind control, as seen in issue 0. Deadpool fucked up and voluntarily yet unknowingly signed up to be a member of hydra (That's seemingly going to be explained later). Thor, I have no idea.

>heard they were fundamentally changed in the past by some shit like the cosmic cube.

Turns out America fucking around in the past is the cause of it.

Can someone give me a list of all the characters that are currently Hydra? I don't wanna read this crap but I'm curious.

Madame Hydra being Chthon's bitch might have something to do with Wanda being mind controlled...but really if it were Chthon the world would be a chaotic hellhole by now.

Vision appeared to be hacked, Wanda appeared to be possessed.

This is basically Atlantis Attacks again.

which Thor is it?

> Captain America
> Odinson
> Scarlet Witch
> Vision
> Deadpool
> Superior Oc
> Taskmaster

Odinson.

So when are they gonna show exactly what happened to Vegas and New York?
I mean, we get all the after-the-fact stuff, but I was expecting some ground zero shit.
Also, what exactly happened to New York with the dark dimension shit?
I'm an idiot please spoonfeed me.

It's kinda amazing that a leak/spoiler thread for this event is garnering barely any responses.

>Turns out America fucking around in the past is the cause of it

So what are the odds it's a " time travel made it never happen, but some characters get to remember" story

Also Black Ant.

What the fuck

OH BOY THE FRANKFAGS ON TWITTER ARE GOING TO BE PISSED

Placing bets
This'll make about 5 clickbait headlines, a r/kotakuinaction post, a KYM image upload, a Sup Forums thread, a Heatst article, and Nick Spencer will make 6 tweets to make fun at everyone

Hate to break to you, but nobody really cares about the punisher

Wanna know what people care about?
Drama
Besides people can just interpret this to make it relevant to politics given for what Frank rerpresents on a surface level which just adds more drama

>veterans are Nazis
I can't even right now

It was a different era

Inb4 Sup Forums tries to make the Punisher skull a hate symbol

Not really.

Cap is a top normie hero. Punisher is second hand and this isn't really that much of a flip when compared to what is supposedly the embodiment of america.

probably will

I've kind of liked secret empire so far, but the fact that every single issue ends with some bullshit twist that seems completely unrelated to the previous one is getting real old

It's going to trend up, stir up a mess, get some acknowledgement on Reddit and KYM, and then be swiftly forgotten in 2 months until someone is reminded of it when they feel like bringing up Sup Forums antics or cape stuff

Why Punisher and not Cap though. Cap is the hero and literally dresses in the American flag.

>Peter....Peter.....Fucking mutie niggers.......

I believe Raimi was hinting towards this, yes.

They wouldn't have to try very hard after that cop debacle gave some people fuel enough.

yea

I want Franks Hydra skull shirt

You're cute.

Oh! This is still a thing?

It is absolutely stupid and about politics, unless they pull a 180 and make frank some kind of infiltrator (which I doubt). The reason is simply because Marvel can not and will not maintain a character that most conservatives/former military like. Im actually pretty astonished they haven't made him a transgender black womyn that goes after the patriarchy yet.

Nothing changes cause it's all the same
The world you get's the one you give away
It all just happens again
Way down the line

are u retarded its a thing Till September u

PREACH !!

Can this shit just end and reboot already.

I honestly don't know a thing about hydra so can anyone tell me their end goal? What is so tempting about their ideology that would make a normal or upstanding citizen join them?

He has a fanbase in gun enthusiasts and soldiers in the middle east actually adopted the skull after Chris Kyle popularized its usage

Am I wrong or did the Hydra=Nazi's thing only start in the first Captain America movie? Before that I always thought they were just supposed to be a generic cult that could just as easily be a stand in for Scientology or something.

YOU GET TO WORSHIP A OCTOPUS

He's not going to because he wanted to do an "after the conquest." story despite building up the takeover for literal years.

Basically, don't expect many big setpieces. Too much effort.

Agents of Shield had a line about Hydra=Nazis and tumblr went with it

Movie and agents of shield didn't help. Watch this for the history youtu.be/5axJUbQiapU

Weren't they always supposed to be an off shoot of the nazis? Like it was the magic R&D division of the third Reich?

Now not sure which is worse, Squirrel Girl ruining Frank, or that spoiler

>A octopus

An. An octopus.

Hydra worked like this.
Specter copy because Fury was Bond and needed an evil organization to fight. Led by a busniessman.
Fury's nemesis from the warm Baron Strucker, is the REAL leader of Hydra!
Years and years of back and forth as Hydra expands and twists and becomes a whole bunch of different shit, including being the parent org for AIM. (So really Ewing's just as guilty of making superheroes join a formerly nazi org, he just did it better. Sorta. I guess.)

Now the Red Skull being the leader of Hydra during the war is absolutely from the movie and more importantly why people are losing their shit even though criminals who should by all rights hate each other to death work together for mutual goals all the time (see Wanda and Pietro.)

Levels of casuals:
Level 1 - Hydra are nazis! The movie said so.
Level 2 - Actually the Hydra were founded by nazis in the comics too and many nazi super villains showed up there.
Level 3 - Hydra as a concept was created to reflect a cult of collectivism, the idea was to create a terrorist cell with communist overtones in the 60-70's ran by a office worker who just wanted to be worship.
He preyed into the idealisms of collectivism (Marxism was just one the things invoked by the first Hydra grand leader) so people would adore him and his cult in an almost religion manner.
Think back about the Hydra's motif and catchphrase and they all fit much better than "just a bunch of nazis".

tl;dr
Hydras were originally the red scare menace done in a surprisingly interesting manner and were warped into generic bad guys with some Nazi leaders.

>Squirrel Girl ruining Frank
uuuuhhh what
please explain

A FUCKING OTOPUS MY MAN

What's out of character here? You do realize Punisher idolizes Captain America so much he threw a boxing match because the opponent was wearing a Captain America costume.

Long story, and I forgot which issue it was, so here's the short version...

70's Doctor Doom accidentally gets transported to present day time, I think Squirrel Girl has to figure out how to send him back so continuity doesn't get wrecked unlike what Beast did with the original X-Men, she lets Doom hang out with one of her friends, Punisher arrives to kill Doom, Squirrel Girl's gal-friend convinces Punisher it's actually a cosplayer.

Punisher then breaks character by apologizing.
And smiling.

There goes the whole Franked persona out the window because of that.

>Implying it wasn't just a cosplayer.

>abc15.com/news/crime/update-armed-man-arrested-at-phx-comicon-after-struggling-with-police

Punisher wasn't the Punisher. He was a cosplayer all along.

wow.
that sounds unbelievably shitty

I know, typical sjw pandering right there

idk that seems like a pretty standard squirrel girl joke.

Also come on if that was even 70s doom he'd have laughed Punisher off.

I know the book's shit and all, but are people actually autistic to get angry about this kind of stuff in a comedy book when that happens all the time?

>that sounds unbelievably shitty
>seems like a pretty standard squirrel girl joke.

Both of these are true.

So just to bait a bit, is this event, mind-control or not, going to end with literally every white male character and a good chunk of everyone else as literal Nazis, or what?

Yes, yes it does.

All the heroes gone bad (aside from joke character Deadpool) are Silver Age characters (Cap, Vision, Wanda, Odinson.

All the noble saviors are the legacy characters; Sam, Riri, Miles, Kamala, Cho, Viv, and Spencer faves such as May and Clint.

May = Nat

Another event based all on the "shock factor".

I guess so

Christ... I can feel Spencer's smugness emanating off the page

>Don't you see?! Punisher's a gun nut! Most gun nuts are Trump supporters therefore Frank = Hydra! PRAISE ME FOR MY INSIGHTFUL POLITICAL COMMENTARY!

>>Thor, I have no idea.

Thor has a history of easily being tricked by fascists into helping them.
>Mjolnir thinks that Steve Rogers is worthy, clearly that means Hydra is righteous.

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

These two cats know, fuck Vegas.

>You do realize Punisher idolizes Captain America
Then Clint is Hydra too, bet on it.

>Specter copy because Fury was Bond and needed an evil organization to fight. Led by a busniessman.

Both HYDRA and SHIELD were based on Man from UNCLE according to Stan.

The Spectre connection is all Steranko.