How does it feel knowing that this will be Wonder Woman's default face forever since it's the first one to be used in a...

How does it feel knowing that this will be Wonder Woman's default face forever since it's the first one to be used in a theatrical release?
Like Christopher Reeves to Superman, when people think of Wonder Woman or draw Wonder Woman it'll now be Gal Gadot

Just like how people still draw Batman as Michael Keaton and Christian Bale, right?

Pretty good desu.

Batman wears a mask which covers his face

OP you must be retarded

you seriously think all the artists are thinking of Christopher Reeves when they draw Superman?

No one is drawing Catwoman as Michelle Pfeiffer. They still mostly draw her as Audrey Hepburn thanks to Adam Hughes.

From the neck up she looks fine. I just think she is too thin.

OK, and? We still see his face all the fucking time.

And literally no comic artists draw Superman as Reeve except Gary Frank.

He should have used Harley Quinn as an example, the moment her movie version was allowed to be seen by normies for the suicide squad trailer her look completely changed without any actual explanation for it.

On the plus side, if she's drawn, Gadot might be able to show some emotion and we won't have to hear her goofy voice

While her physique isn't ideal, Gal Gadot has pretty face.

WW Rebirth already has Diana with a giant ass nose.

What's the problem? She looks vaguely Mediterranean, which is accurate.

who cares? Only Marvel does the movie synergy shit in their comics.

Well we know you're just from Sup Forums because everybody here knows comic artists can only draw 3 faces: male, female, and child, which is just a female face but with even bigger eyes.

What about Harley Quinn and Suicide Squad?

Technically speaking, Diana and her mother are of an unspecified neolithic race.

But unlike all of the other Amazons, Hippolyta doesn't seem to actually look anything like her pre-Amazon self, who looks like a neanderthal with straight brown hair, whereas Polly has curly black hair, blue yes, fair skin and a strong nose.

With Diana you can justify it because she was given the "beauty of Aphrodite" at birth.

Her face isn't the problem, it's everything else.

Wonderful, she is so cute and I was actually scared that someone like Gina Carano could be WW if this movie failed.

Harley was part of SS before the movie.

You mean the comic where none of them look like the movie counterparts and Boomerrang got "killed" by Zodd?

Isn't that the same comic that added Croc, Katana and Enchantress back on the team as soon as the movie was released?
No, I mean her look, the pink and blue is pure movie synergy.

Yes.

An overwhelming amount of artists only know how to draw male and female faces.

There's a reason why sameface is a term

come pester me when Croc and Katana have the same clothes and costume as the movies seeing that this thread is about Gal Gadot now being the default face for future WW comics

And what about Harley Quinn's look? Nevermind that Croc and Katana are both on the roster for synergy points.

Out of all the stupid origins for the Amazons that one was truly the dumbest.

What? That's the ONLY origin, you idiot.

I still picture the girl from the show.

Or maybe Super friends WW.

I don't think anyone needed to know about how the first amazon was rejected by a caveman.

Is that a problem?

>rejected
Do you have a learning disability?

I don't like it

Your insults aren't making the story any more appealing.

To anyone.

Interesting, because it's been the canon origin for over 30 years and still hasn't been retconned.

>Mouseketeers DESPERATE to find some aspect of this film they can spin as a downside

What happened next?

Well the universe has rebooted a few times since then.

I doubt it's been referenced in the last 20 years.

So, your moronic story about a cave-woman scorned will continue to fade into obscurity.

Just like you.

You seem really weirdly angry about this.

I can live with it. She's grown on me. Added bonus is to watch a few people on here squirm. It's not like the character won't get recast and rebooted down the line like everything else anyway. I'll take this iteration for what it is and enjoy it and wait and see how I feel about whatever spin they come along with next when it's time to refill those boots.

I've just always thought that story was a bad idea.

The caveman kills the woman in a fit of frustration, then cries. The spirit of the woman and her unborn baby go into the Well of Souls.

Throughout history the souls of women who get killed unfairly go into the Well of Souls, until the gods decide to create a race that will spread the ideologies of peace and reincarnate all the souls as Amazons.

You can "doubt" it's been referenced but it has been, over and over, because it's the origin and it hasn't been overwritten even in the New 52.

No one Draws Superman like Henry. or Bruce Wayne like Ben. Also who cares. Gal is fucking pretty as fuck.

What about now?

nah, she isn't how I envision Wonder woman

That's cool, find one reference that's occurred since the turn of the century.

Or, if you can't find that, at least any reference to that particular story. Even in the next issue.

Happy Merchant edit when?

ok

>tfw no animu ww

Face doesn't bother me as much as sword and shield. Plus in every ad I see the Lasso used it used like a whip.

You know this reminds me of this early story with Uncle Ben and Aunt May where they take care of a mermaid.

It's not ever mentioned again but is totally reasonable to assume they just never told Peter about it.

This.

Though, I'd prefer Gal's face on this body. Not trying to skinny-shame Gal or anything, I just find this really hot.

hnnngh

I don't hate her face, just her stick-thin body and lack of ability to speak or act.

The comic format can fix all of these things.

I don't have any reason to try and convince you of a basic fact.

It's in every Secret Files issue, in every Who's Who, it's been multiple times within her solo (WW #120-122 being a notable example where Byrne redrew the scene repeatedly), it was in the Wonder Woman Encyclopedia in 2010 (which continues to be printed with updates), it was in the post-Infinite Crisis soft reboot, I don't understand why you think this was some one-off thing despite Perez's run being universally considered the definitive Wonder Woman run.

Meant to post this page.

I'm almost 100% sure you're a dude, pretty much every girl I've talked to prefer Wonder Woman with sword and shield (plus bracers and lasso of course).

>That's the ONLY origin
There have been several.

The two Golden Age ones
The Silver Age one,
The Silver Age revised version of the second Golden Age one

Then the spirits of murdered women one

I don't remember what Azz/Chiang did but I'm pretty sure it wasn't that.

Probably one or two others I can't recall

I'd be okay with that IF SHE COULD JUST CLOSE HER DAMN MOUTH ON ONE SINGLE PROMOTIONAL PIC ALREADY GOD FUCKING DAMNIT THIS ISN'T A LINGERIE SHOT!
She doesn't even close it most of the time while "acting" either, how many flies does that bitch accidentally swallow every week?

I swear at some point I won't be able to stop myself from sending her an angry letter.

Azzarello never went into the actual origins of the Amazon race.

There hasn't been anything that's replaced it since Perez established it.

>casuals and normies prefer sword and shield woman
No shit.

As long as she comes up at the top of a google search at least once I won't worry.

>No one draws Superman like Henry
This is false. You're right about Ben as Batman though

Well you've done a pretty good job of convincing me the Amazonian's were started as a reaction to domestic violence.

>plus bracers and lasso of course

Pretty much every girl I talk to can't tell me anything about Wonder Woman that wasn't in BvS or maybe the Justice League cartoon (you know, the die hard female Wonder Woman fans).

That's why writers should stop trying to cater to women in books with female leads and just try to tell good stories.

They get bogged down trying to reach a "new demographic" when really it's just the same demographics reading different books.

Azzarello did establish that the Amazons fill their ranks the old fashioned way. Boat sex and murder.

Everything else changed, why would that one thing stick around?

Anyone remember that one comic where they reveal Krypton was started when two aliens named "Kryp" and "Ton" got stranded on a planet together?

Why does literally everyone forget that the Arkham games were doing slutty Harley almost a decade before suicide squad?

>or Bruce Wayne like Ben
On that note I liked that the Lego Batman movie made adjustments to the face when referencing the various movies. You cam clearly recognize Kilmer's pouty lips and Affleck's chindimple notably.

When was Harley NOT slutty?

I do now

Bunch of gender traitors.

>virgin detected
You know comics these days are pretty popular with the other half of the population too?
I'm not talking about girls in general, I'm talking about girls who read comics.

Its bot. Its remains of her red/blue nut2 look from tge very start

>You know comics these days are pretty popular with the other half of the population too?
Source? Not really trying to be snarky but I've never seen a gender-based census of regular comic readers.

Her face is nice while also lending seriousness. I've grown to like the accent. She at least got herself toned, and the costume helps a lot. Apparently she pulls off naive but strong-willed princess well if every critic on the planet is to be believed, even the negative ones.

It could have been a lot worse.

Gary Frank sure does.

She looks too angry and mean

My wondies are valued exclusively by how charming, comforting and pure their smiles are.

How patronizing, how about "sword and shield are generic weapons that dictate a mostly lethal fighting style and take her uniqueness away"?

This is a little old, but I doubt things have changed much in 6 years.

If a woman is actually into comics, odds are she's still not going to go into a comic book store, where she's likely to be ogled by desperate men.

Girls I've spoken to who are into comics. A big part of it though is probably that it has aspects of Xena to it and within my age bracket a lot of those girls grew up watching Xena.

Sword and shield are symbolic of martial valor too. Plus some like that it differentiates Diana from Bruce and Clark as they punch people while Diana gets to stab/slice/lasso peeps.

Her face is OK, but I really hate Snyder for casting someone who, through no fault of their own, just doesn't have Diana's body type

For some reason this Gadot looks 2x better than BvS Gadot.

That origin was "this is where their souls came from", they're not the same people in body.

Batman still has his batarangs and pseudo-ninja stuff, wondie has the thing where she literally BDSMs a guy into the ground. It's not like she has to use it exclusively but it's the one thing she does that nobody else does.

Well since according to the website you told me I should trust blindly this movie is better than Iron Man, I feel pretty good about that

for you

i want to see these two have snu snu.

am i the only one?

>wondies
wtf

Nope!

But in the special mini issues the following year and in Byrne's run every other Amazon is shown to look like they did in their previous lives.

It's supposed to be the explanation for why you have Euoboea who's Asian, Philippus who's black, etc. And Byrne's OC who was a literal neanderthal.

>IDF Zionist
>Playing a compassionate superhero for the character's first theatrical debut which is already getting acclaimed and will help define the character's image in mainstream media

In 5 years she'll be looked back on with awkwardness

Because his Amazons were still immortals, and he didn't offer any other explanation for where the Amazons came from.

She's got a cute face. She just needs a sandwich is all.

They weren't.

Because the party scenes of her in that were shot early before she started working out and most of her scenes in costume were CGI.

Despite what all the cherry-picked photos people repost over and over again would tell you, she DID gain some muscle tone for the movie and also got preggers so gained a little weight recently.

>He should have used Harley Quinn as an example, the moment her movie version was allowed to be seen by normies for the suicide squad trailer her look completely changed without any actual explanation for it.

Only think that changed was her hair color ironically back to the original blonde she was supposed to be from that ugly as shit black and red color scheme.

Since New 52 she has had chalk White skin after the whole Joker throwing her into Chemicals thing like the comics

It makes me feel good, if DC can make her an icon out of her like they did with Harley Quinn last year I'll be happy

Yes they were, I literally just read it. Hippolyta was specifically stated to be and the same Amazons are around during Demon Knights.

Only Hippolyta is immortal and Demon Knights wasn't written by Azzarello.