I’ve never watched such a dishonest movie before in my life

I’ve never watched such a dishonest movie before in my life

A movie cannot be dishonest.

one dimensional.

all movies are dishonest

What is that even supposed to mean?

nah
lmao

No, buddy, it's obviously two dimensional.

>chartreuse and goldenrod
>cinnabar and clementine
>gainsboro
>ochre
>cobalt and obsidian
>lapis lazuli and amethyst
>burnt sienna
>jade and sapphire

>dishonest

reddit pls go

don't worry guys it's just a stupid vintage short lived meme from like 4 years ago. how was prison op?

t. dishonest abe

You have a low cinematic iq

>cinematic iq
Are you 12?

you should start by watching more movies

This.

he's being dishonest

this movie was unironically kino

>this movie was unironically kino

t. roastie

t. low cine-iq tourist

True desu

Dishonest Filmmaking: (Damien Chazzele, Tarantino, Alejandro González Iñárritu, Wes Anderson, Christopher Nolan, Alex Garland, Paul Thomas Anderson, Nicholas Refn, Tom Hooper, Tyler Perry, Rian Johnson, Alfonso Cuaron, Noah Baumbach, Andrea Arnold, David Yates, Denis Vilenueve, James Franco, Steve McQueen) are intellectually bankrupt moral whores and charlatans; their films appeal to the modern phenomenon of the 'Pretend Epic' or Pseudo Cinema, often tied to the criticism that "It was a movie that thought it was a film" they have no ideas of their own and are filmed purely to have fancy essays made about them. They obfuscate their lack of insight under a smug impenetrable irony and often contain scenes with disingenuous attempts at depth with characters spouting platitudes that the director takes VERY seriously
This directly panders to the IMDb reddit sensibility of quote circlejerking since these hacks are masters of the fools wit, "Quipping" (Not to be confused with the marvel co-opting of the word) , it sounds smart, cool and worldly but in reality there's nothing of substance, the Revenant's attempt at spiritualism was cheap and laughable and whilst someone like Malick has considered his philosophy, Inaurritu wears his introspection on his sleeve to give his film a false sense of depth with pathetic sermonizing

THIS is Dishonest Filmmaking

They leech the greater works that preceded them; like The Enemy being a rip off Eraserhead, but they have nothing else to say
They act under the guise of deconstruction with surface layer obvious 'social commentary' and a quirky forgettable score praised as 'innovative'. They are all inauthentic sycophants that rely on oscar buzz and post 9/11 detachment for relevance.

These directors are hacks and will be forgotten to time

Some notably earnest filmmakers include, but are not limited to:
Mike Leigh
The Coen Brothers
Werner Herzog
James Cameron
Mel Gibson
Terrence Malick
Gaspar Noe
Clint Eastwood