What's the matter, Batman? No witty comeback? No threat? Then I'll provide the narration...

>What's the matter, Batman? No witty comeback? No threat? Then I'll provide the narration... I'll begin with how I peeled back the layers of the boy's mind. Oh, he bravely tried to fight it at first. You would've been proud to see him so strong - but all too soon, the serums and the shocks took their toll... and the dear lad began to share such secrets with me. Secrets that are mine alone to know... Bruce. It's true, Batsy! I know everything. And kinda like the kid who peeks at his Christmas presents, I must admit, it's sadly anti-climactic. Behind all the sturm and batarang, you're just a little boy in a playsuit, crying for mommy and daddy! It'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

Has there ever been a better villainous speech?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A9t7G_lHeiY
worldsfinestonline.com/WF/beyond/backstage/rotjedits/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

RotJ flashback Joker is the best joker ever

>"Oh what the heck, I'll laugh anyway."
The face he makes as he says the latter half of that line is possibly the best Joker moment ever

this his death is also the best joker death ever

>That's not funny.....

>Tim starts laughing like the Joker while aiming his gun
>Batman: "Tim..."

You can hear genuine anguish and defeat in Batman, it's actually pretty heartbreaking

Megatron's speach at the end of The Agenda season 2 was the best ever

Return of the joker had no right to be as good as it was, on that note neither did beyond. How the fuck did they do it?

The people behind it were just generally good at their jobs, and had the creative freedom to make the series work.
I guess it also helped that Beyond had very little connection to the rest of the DCAU and happened after everything else, because it gave the writers room to tell stories where things actually have consequences. That's why Batman Beyond is notorious for having horrible shit happen to villains, they could get away with it because there was no expectation that the villain would come back next week.

Some people don't like it because Joker should be cackling at his own death, not getting serious.

youtube.com/watch?v=A9t7G_lHeiY

And then villains DID come back next week. Not all of them, of course, but can I just say Inque?

He probably found the end anticlimactic and not the funny climactic death by batman he was expecting.

>You make me laugh. But only cause I think you're kinda pathetic

That gave me the fucking chills. Mainly because when I was a kid the show moved to a different timeslot in my area and I didn't know there was another season after that.

I thought it was his realizing that death wasn't actually all the good a punchline, not matter how much of a joke life is.

>that part where Tim shoots Joker and his laughter turns to pained sobs

Return of the Joker was a fucking masterpiece.

Terry's last dialogue and fight with him was great, too. The brief choreography for their skirmish was nice and the callback to that scene was brilliant. It could stand to be mentioned more.

>we will never get a live-action version of Return of the Joker
>we will never get a live-action version of Batman Beyond

It hurts.

>Joker dies from a joke he doesn't get

Sounds pretty right to me.

I'm gonna need the source on that pic, hoss.

>Still, if it's a whuppin you're-a-wantin...

I loved that line

Even the censored version meant for TV broadcasting is pretty good for what it is, might not be as poetic as getting shot with a BANG flag is, but it's an equally horrifying way to die

The Stalker coming back was nice.
Everyone needs a rogues gallery.

Don't forget in the uncut version, Batgirl knew who to question about Robin's whereabouts.

Robin liked hookers, okay?

You just have to wait until 2039 when they can do it all with practical effects

The girl in the blue looks like Black Canary

I think I once read that that's where they got her design from.

I wish I could find the quote, but I could swear one of them said they already had a design in TNBA so they just removed the skirt.

>this was the first boner I popped over a cartoon

Good, but not the best Joker death

>you know what's funny? After everything I still would have saved you.

>heh... that is funny...

It's the best and most poetic death for the character
>wait a minute, death isn't funny at all...

Really? There is an uncut version? Is it different enough to matter?

I would make sense if he laughed when dying if it was because he made batman snap and beat him into a pulp or shoot him with a gun.

But getting shot and killed by a attempted brainwashed Robin is the biggest buzzkill to his most elaborate joke ever.

It's fine as it is. Fuck off to with your live-action shit.

Thank god. They'd mess it up.

worldsfinestonline.com/WF/beyond/backstage/rotjedits/

Nah, fuck off. That was garbage.

That scene where Terry spooks the joker while roasting him was fucking amazing.

>Only 10 years old
>Parents bought the dvd version
>Watch Joker get shot by fucked up Robin uncensored
>The laughter becoming crying

It's not like a director's cut, it's the original version. Some parts were cut due to then recent school shootings.
The Joker's death is the only significant change though.

I can't think of more fitting last words for the character.

>worldsfinestonline.com/WF/beyond/backstage/rotjedits/

Thanks user.

Ah, I am now educated.

I will be honest I thought Bruce was actually going to kill Joker.

This was Joker's finest moment as a character and no one can say otherwise

Liked protecting them.

If you ever need to show a visual representation of the Joker, this movie nails it perfectly.