Silence, and the silent praise it received

What was the message of Silence?

I'd like to believe it's about how good intentions does not mean the best outcome for all, which is an innate problem in any convert religon.

Or was this somehow pro-Christianity?

Also, who knew Spiderman could act?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hitZpI5Y-mc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What ethnicity is this?

Also, this was probably the best Scorcese movie to date. Prove me wrong.

>Inb4 Gangs of Goodfellas of the Wallstreet Departed

Nipponese, didn't you watch the movie?

The movie was actually about Kylo discovering his ethnicity on the islands of the Japans

Português.

Alabama

>Or was this somehow pro-Christianity?
It was basically a 1:1 adaptation of a book by a devoutly Catholic author

How would the world be different if Christianity had been allowed to take root in Japan?

>source material says one thing so the movie must say the same!

Did you just watch American Psycho?

>Taking Scorcese at face value
You must think he's a great action director

But it did take root in Japan, that's the whole point.

I mean if it hadn't been actively suppressed afterwards.

Shieet, at the time Christianity was very colonial and inquisition. So they'd want absolute control, so the Japanese must be defeated in battle for that to happen.

So let's say there's a holy war on Japan, millions die and millions convert. Eventually the rules of attrition means that Japanese shintoism and buddhism is no more. Japan is a christian nation!

>What does this mean?

It means that they're open for trade and economic exploitation. It means churches will be built. It means that the people are expected to be GOD fearing and just to the book. It means that westerners show up to see this new mystical land of noble former savages, now Christians.

At some point in the future, though. The silent majority of Japanese people will understand that they have been cucked. They will stay silent, yes, but they will learn and adapt as the sneaky chinks they are. Until one day they fight back and the old samurai class rises up with modern weaponry to fuck everything up while restoring honah to the peeps.

They either all die or the West don't care enough to restore Holy power. Either way the Japs are too cultish to want to convert, the ones that did just created their own version of christianity that tied into Japanese mythology, like an expansion to an existing video game.

Done. Essay.

It's pretty blatantly anti-Christian. It manages to praise Rodriguez for blasphemy.

>Either way the Japs are too cultish to want to convert, the ones that did just created their own version of christianity that tied into Japanese mythology

Isn't that basically what they did with Buddhism, too? I wonder what that would look like if it had developed in a larger scale.

But he has the Jesus statue at the end

Exactly!
Probably the way that their form of Buddhism did. It would turn into sophisticated rituals and overworked practises. In the end it would probably be very Japanese, but you'd recognize the symbolism and stories behind it.

youtube.com/watch?v=hitZpI5Y-mc

Do you really think Jesus Christ would rather have those people be tortured and killed rather than have his image stepped on?

precisely, which is the inner dilemma Rodriguez had and the conclusion he made

Also, did anyone notice that each time he spoke to Jesus he was under the stress of severe dehydration?

The statements of Liam Neesons are the inserted words of the author, as a Japanese Catholic. The Japs cannot understand Christianity. The author believes himself to be Christian, but he struggles with the rigidity of Western thinking.

source?

Not that guy, but I remember the book's introduction talked about how the author really struggled with the degree to which a religion should be allowed to change in order to be understood in the context of other cultures before its identity starts to erode.

Are you familiar with the saying "The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the Church?"

My here's another (you)