Woden did nothing wrong

No, really!
Why does everyone hate on him so much? I don't get it.

I like him. But he is extremely selfish, promotes what equates to prostitution, and he helped out the murdering Ananke, for what was most likely selfish reasons, in her killing spree, inculding trying to kill little Minerva.

Please, somebody, explain why anybody even read this comics? I am honestly dumbstruck.

Reasons:

1. Kieron Gillen is one of the best active writers today, even cape-people like him.

2. Art is easily better than most capes.

3. It's a story with a beginning,a middle and an end. Capeshitters might take notice. People actually die, and don't come back for 90 years, at least.

4. Mythology, gods and celebrity. All themes I like. Alternative sexuality is slightly fun too.

I read it
the one-shots have been great

>1. Kieron Gillen is one of the best active writers today, even cape-people like him.

Plus he is a gentleman.

Are you serious? Everything McKelvie draws look like a bunch of bored supermodels sitting around failing at acting. It's the comics equivalent of these WB shows.

Which is a good fit for Giellen really, guy has a real style over substance preference. Not that he can't deliver substance (He's a goodish writer) but he often does not want to

Well, McKelvie being better than the capes is also a comment on the state of art today. Anka, for example.

He's a cis white male. That's about it.

If you think about it, he's arguably the least worse of the cast. The worst thing he's done is to get a harem. The cast, however, has murdered (and in one case, eaten) people.

Seriously, I don't get it either. Woden is not even Walter White or Frank underwood levels of evil, much less Comic Book Villain levels. He's a self-centered arsehole, end of story.

Honestly, Woden's my favourite. He's the most reletable of those psychos.

Woden has serious mommy issues.
He is also half-Asian.

So is this pretty much American Gods: Music edition?
If so I might give it a shot

American Gods: gods in hiding, still being their old selves as much as they can.

WicDiv: gods in plain sight, being modern and alternative.

But he's Asian though?

To be honest, the catgirl is a worst person than Woden. She actively eats people and is treating everyone like shit.

Though, I'm sure that's the point.

Cat girl eats people, Woden covers it up.
Very guilty.

They revealed his parents last issue I believe.

Like, I get what Kieron is doing in this book, with how the gods all start out wide eyed and innocent and are now becoming increasingly shittier and shittier people, especially with Anake gone. It's this slow grind to them all becoming horrible people, but they are picking on Woden because he's the obvious asshole.

I like Amaterasu though.

>3. It's a story with a beginning,a middle and an end.

I got out of it a while back so is it over?

It's interesting that Gillen is giving him more depth and sympathy because for a while he was an obviously authorial designated punching bag (comments in the letters etc) and Gillen can be a preachy fuck much of the time. But now he's pushing things in how shitty previously Audience POV characters get to behave, which is a change.

because political propaganda.
some chapter ago they literally told him being cis male and white was like a felony.
shitskins and females are good and ok, or at least cool.
worst thin is, when you point it out, fanfags and the authors can claim it was only an unpolite character's opinion.

Out of the 12 gods, there's only one white hetero male, and that's Baphomet.

He's currently being the victim of domestic abuse by his much more powerful gf, who beats him up and keeps him more or less locked up undergound.

People like him because he's not wrong, he's just an asshole.