Is a movie from the point of view of Stormtroopers really too much to ask for instead of yet another whacky underdog...

Is a movie from the point of view of Stormtroopers really too much to ask for instead of yet another whacky underdog diverse rebels against the nazi regime?

You have the entire Star Wars universe at your disposal, they don't even have to be fighting rebels if it's too hard to portray them as anything but ultra good guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iWOq1Tg-Jdw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Battlefront 2 kind of did that but then it turned into the same old crap

They pussied out; that campaign could have been interesting

They don’t want to paint the empire as sympathetic. It’s hard to cheer the rebels on while they blow up planet sized battle stations if we are sympathising with the millions of crew members who just got blown up.

The Jews at Disney are not going to make a movie about Anglo space nazis as heroes.

In retrospect BFII isn't very good. Go ahead and replay it.

You know, they said that in rogue one we were getting the Stormtrooper-point-of-view of the war

Nothing. We've got nothing of what they promised

Do you mean the EA Battlefront 2 or original Battlefront 2? Original Battlefront 2 had a cool campaign for the 501st.
>youtube.com/watch?v=iWOq1Tg-Jdw

>Go ahead and replay it.
No, I value my time too highly to replay it

Honestly, I want them to give me a Republic Commando style movie set in the Clone Wars.

>Squad of 4 Republic Commandos get dropped in a Jungle Planet to rescue a high value target that crashed down on to the planet.
>They have to survive through the jungle environment while fighting off the local fauna as well as a Droid Battalion trying to also retrieve the target.
>They’re clones so you don’t have to pay actors and no need to remove their helmet, just bring the guy that does the voice for the clones. Hire competent stunt men for the 4 clones.
>Budget can be kept tight and used for perfecting the sets, costumes and cgi.
>Simple story, sorta like Dredd.
>With a respectable budget of 50million, 50million more with advertising.
>The Star Wars name and setting will be the selling point. Cut a couple of good trailers to get the hype and you can net at least 400 million easily which is great profit, not to mention toy and merch deals.

Those are the types of stories Disney should be doing with their Star Wars spinoffs, not retracing back and playing on Nostalgia with old characters. Just telling stories from different points in the Star Wars lore.

did i hear risk? youre fired

Exactly what i always wanted:
>Some poor regular bastard with a family and normal shit
>Joins the Imperial Army under pressure/out of need for money/to feed family/patriotism (galaxism...?) whatever
>Imperial bootcamp if fucking brutal
>War is fucking brutal on steroids
>May actually think of rebels as terrorists
>Still feels bad as fuck for killing others people
>Friends dying all over too
>Actually comments on how those helms dehumanize them to the enemy
>Everyone dies on some important battle
>Survives somehow
>Rebels taking credit as heroes
>Is sent back home without a leg
>Emotinal scars are far worse

You know, typical Disney material...

in Disney Wars the Empire are literally white supremacist Nazis so it will never happen

Great idea user, I'd just like to tweak some things. How about setting the movie in the civil war era? And we could have a woman leading the squad, and we'll spend four hundred million on it

Star wars novice here

What kind of troopers are the brown/tan guys?

With a Jungle setting and practical effects (mostly) you can probably do it for 25 million, easy. Makes more money in the bank with the profits, and if Ep. 8 has poisoned the well it could still become a cult classic and be profitable.

Shore Troopers, they appear for the first time in Rogue One. Supposedly the armor is for tropical planets

I would love a Starship Troopers like movie, with the whole Verhooven style humor in the opening half of the movie. But have it escalate into a serious war picture the further one goes on until the audience is as battle numbed as the Troopers.

Shoretrooper

They look interesting. That's all they are. Nu-wars is style over substance the franchise.

If only they can roll it back so that kiwi cunt doesn't do the voice acting

>be shoretrooper
>be sent to guard detail on scarif
>best job in the galaxy
>planet is a tropical paradise
>troopers even have their own beach resort for blowing off steam
>one day everything starts exploding for no reason
>rebels pouring out of the foliage and it's chaos
>gotta be careful not to get crushed by a walker
>suddenly giant laser blast from space
>the death star just took out the top of the base tower
>and the explosion is rapidly expanding
>soon it will reach you
>oh well
>it was fun while it lasted

war is hell

They’ll have to do stuff like that eventually, r-right?? There are only a handful of characters they can do origin stories with.

Hell, give me a Boba Fett movie in which its basically a Bounty Movie in which different bounty hunters are tasked with killing a Rebel Leader target. Give me a John Wick in Space with Boba Fett.

One of the many things killing Hollywood is Blockbusters, out of touch investers and producers seem to think the more money they drop on the budget the better.

Shit, there are so many interesting adaptations they could do from the huge library of the EU they have at their disposal. Not to mention the fact that they’re doing huge 150+ million movies each year is going to wear down the Star Wars brand and profits, not to mention the bad word of mouth TLJ got and Solo will get.

I.T had it right, 35million budget with a huge 800 million return, same as Deadpool.

But nowadays everything has to be a big spectacle with a huge mcguffin world ending shit.

>Shore Troopers
>Shoretrooper

So the Empire has specialized troops whose entire mission is to fight... on the shore?

What happens if they have to go a bit inland?

Why wouldn't regular Stormtroopers be just as effective?

Why though? You guys all have these concepts which are usually based around just setting a different movie you like in the Star Wars universe. Why does your favorite movie need to be remade in Star Wars? What does the Star Wars universe add to the story other than making it satisfy your manchild dreams?

You never know when you want to stealthily invade a resort somewhere. It's called being prepared.

i want a story about a twi'lek whorehouse on nar shadaa that gets run out of business by a trap whorehouse

and then a couple twilek whores resort to trap cannibalism....
unhnnhhhh.....

…………………...- *" \ - "::*'\
………………„-^*'' : : „'' : : : :: *„
…………..„-* : : :„„--/ : : : : : : : '\
…………./ : : „-* . .| : : : : : : : : '|
……….../ : „-* . . . | : : : : : : : : |
………...\„-* . . . . .| : : : : : : : :'|
……….../ . . . . . . '| : : : : : : : :|
……..../ . . . . . . . .'\ : : : : : : : |
……../ . . . . . . . . . .\ : : : : : : :|
……./ . . . . . . . . . . . '\ : : : : : /
….../ . . . . . . . . . . . . . *-„„„„-*'
….'/ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . '|
…/ . . . . . . . ./ . . . . . . .|
../ . . . . . . . .'/ . . . . . . .'|
./ . . . . . . . . / . . . . . . .'|
'/ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .'|
'| . . . . . \ . . . . . . . . . .|
'| . . . . . . \„_^- „ . . . . .'|
'| . . . . . . . . .'\ .\ ./ '/ . |
| .\ . . . . . . . . . \ .'' / . '|
| . . . . . . . . . . / .'/ . . .|
| . . . . . . .| . . / ./ ./ . .|
'| . . . . . . . . .'\ .\ ./ '/ . |
| .\ . . . . . . . . . \ .'' / . '|
| . . . . . . . . . . / .'/ . . .|
| . . . . . . .| . . / ./ ./ . .|

their official name is "Coastal defender stormtrooper" so they're outfitted for fighting outdoors in the tropical environment

Actually it is still pretty good unless you are referring to the abortion that is EA Battlefront

>So the Empire has specialized troops whose entire mission is to fight... on the shore?

America has marines and seals

why not a film about Twilek traps?
isn't there a Twilek trap in canon now?

Well, it could easily be changed to make it so since they’re special Clone Commandos that they’ll have different voices to give them their own freedom of personality and free will to them.

It would honestly be better than having the novelty of having a movie where the 4 main characters are voiced by the same guy.

its probably just Armour for heat and non caustic liquid environment. If they got deployed somewhere else they would have new pants and 6 weeks of new enviromental training.

>But nowadays everything has to be a big spectacle with a huge mcguffin world ending shit.

A Mainline Star Wars movie SHOULD be a huge spectacle. The Audience expects it after the Prequels, and even the OT have epic space battles with lasers and ship to ship combat.

But to expand Star Wars as an Anthology type brand, Smaller budgets would be key. These are the types of stories that can be told with a minimum of spectacle, by maxing out the characterization and focusing on the real consequences of war. Dig deep for the heart of the subject matter.

But execs want flashy CG movies that sell toys.

the actual girls eat the traps

Planets on SW usually have one biome.

eat their asses out?

>white supremacist
Never understood this because race isnt a thing in star wars at least for humans.
The Empire adopted a human centric policy so i never understood the prevalence of humans in the Rebellion

They should do an action movie about Commander Cody fighting for the Republic.

It should leave everyone satisfied... and it would be amazing.

Literally told you, they're for tropical planets

Snow troopers aren't for snow only situations, they're for cold climate planets, they can perform well if snow isn't involved

Storm troopers also aren't for storm situations, you realize those are just names, right?

Stormtrooper coastguard basically

>because race isnt a thing in star wars at least for humans.
it is in Disney nuCanon

Instead they butcher off the rebellion and make everyone sympathize with the space nazis either way.

BRAVO DISNEY

no

>Blacks, Asians and Aliens have high ranks in the Empire
>"white supremacists"
The fuck?

Apparently twi'lek dudes wouldn't make for good traps.

>shoretrooper presumably fighting in salt water
>helmet for breathing or something
>upper body completely covered in armor
>armored shins
>leather pouches
>leather boots
>canvas pants
>no penis protection
Why?

Real fucking shame

Stormtrooper armor isn't prepared to deal with high humidity high temperature enviroments. That's why you have Shoretroopers.

why not?

the humans in the rebellion are all cucks

I agree they should be spectacles, but I want spectacles that have meaning and weight in to it. The Battle for Yavin IV in ANH. That was a space battle that caught the eye, was a spectacle and carried an emotional weight. So was The Battle of Hoth, The Battle of Endor. These big spectacles, with their explosives ends or satisfying conclusions are what they need in their main storylines. Shit like the Starkiller base or the Battle of Crait, carried no weight and it was just a flashy spectacle with no substance.

So, if that’s the best they can come up with then its honestly sad. Because they need strong characterizations and situations to make those big battles worth it, just as much as smaller budget spin offs.

Do they even say anything in the movies? Sure, Finn is black stromtrooper, but he is also a traitor and a cowards who even tries to ditch the Rebels so i doubt he makes a good point for strong black people.

>The Empire stomped out slave trades across the galaxy, broke down bureaucratic bullshit, helped millions to escape poverty, and improved living conditions across the galaxy

But that goes against the narrative, can't have that

i mean they'd eat the asses last, after the rest of the trap monstrosity was eaten
literal eating, traps should be shat out as feces
uhnhnhnhnhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

>Empire is a white supremacist organization
What did the ones who didn't watch the movies meant by this?

Have you ever seen a movie about nazis, especially actual nazis and not just wehrmacht foot soldiers, that wasn't about a deserter who joind the "good" guys? Hollywood will never portray fascism in a good light lest some people start sympathizing with it and thinking that perhaps it's not as bad as they were led to believe.

Starship Troopers

Damn. If they had taken five minutes to characterize Finn as a Trooper, including relationships with other Troopers, it could have given him some serious gravitas and made this scene much more powerful. So many missed opportunities in this series!

Starship Troopers was a satire that went so far into it Poe's law went into effect. That being said, I LOVED Starship Troopers.

it's pure coincidence that all the rebels in nuWars are people of color and all the bad guys we see are white males
also pure coincidence that a Disney writer literally tweeted that the Empire was white supremacist
:^)

Palpatine ended the slave trade on Tatooine.

Hm...

what did an actual writer working on the franchise mean by this?

They don't even watch their own movies.
Is amazing.

That's a good thing though.
The problem is not democracy but identity politics bullshit. We lost old fashioned action movies about the classical male hero fighting for freedom, the second amendment and 'murica and instead traded it for tumblr pink haired empowered womyn, racial quotas and mary sue protagonists.

first order =/= empire

The writer means that only Whites are humans.

>>The Empire stomped out slave trades across the galaxy
uhhhhhhhh didnt they use wookie slaves to build the death stars

Sheev ended human slave trade which is what matters

I thought this guy was Asian, guess he's a white man like the girl in here

that safety pin lmao

source?

Hm...

>Disney has to emasculate fucking Vader for their OC sheboon officer to look good
christ

lol, he can say whatever he wants, unless it's in the movie it isnt cannon, case in point Hamil's opinion on Luke.

>comparing this to the ESB scenes on the flagship
lmao

>2005
>Writing shows a genuine perspective, making everything seem very real for the stormtroopers who fight for the empire. You can see their point of view, and you stay loyal to them throughout the entire campaign.
>2017
>stronk womyn of color is persuaded by one singular mission and turns to rebels one third of the way into the campaign

>bitch can you move the fuck out of the way how the fuck am i supposed to get across the hallway with your fat ass taking up 2 space lanes by the force i could choke you to death with my mind right now if i wanted to do you even know who the fuck i am i'm darth motherfucking vader you nerf herding sheboon

Star Wars: Imperial Commando.

Set it half in flashback during the Clone Wars about the sergeant of a Clone Commando squad who slowly loses his team, half a few years before A New Hope about the sergeant training up a new batch of recruits for an imperial commando squad. Themes of getting older and losing sight of what's important, living in changing times, sense of duty vs sense of personal morality.

You could get a semi-mature war film out of that.

This 100%. The republic was a dying system that didn't give a shit about outer rim planet, and wasn't even able to make a decision when one of their main senator's planets was being invaded.
In the original EU the empire did a lot of good for the galaxy, but there were still shades of grey in terms of their activities.
Now that they ditched that out, they just turn them into big bad caricatures to push their "progressive" messages with.

but of course in Disney canon he HAS to switch to the rebel side

Marines, dude.

>why wouldnt regular stormtroopers be just as effective
they probably would. Maybe shoretroopers are meant to be a bit more effective in environments with high salt, or have underwater breathing aperatus, or something, or maybe their armour is lightweight so they dont drown.
Then again, swamptroopers are also a thing. Why couldnt they fill the same role?
Lets be honest here: stormtroopers and clonetroopers whole purpose is to have lots of specializations to allow for cool different designs.

>jedi outcast
Best star wars game. Excellent gameplay, likable characters, good story concept, good color pallete/level design and good planet execution.

It's a shame that in any Star Wars film the main characters have to be seen as 'the heroes'.

Why not make one where the audience makes up their own minds about what kind of people the characters are?

I would LOVE Stormtrooper movies.
I have 2 in mind.

>Backwater Planet on the outer rims.
>Small Imperial Outpost,
>All troopers are very, Live and let live type.
>Country Cops kinda thing.
>Locals are fine because they keep order and few raiders from out planet will come mess with an imperial garrison.
>Imperial troops don't come down hard on the locals because locals would steam roll them if needed.
>But then empire would just ship another garrison of troops out.
>So you get storm Troopers helping a mom n pop farm with Laser Dogs or whatever alien pests they would have.
>Shit gets shaken up a bit when,
>1. A trooper dies on the job, bit of an accident, happened months ago, A Fresh Rookie has arrived, Still a bit hard Empire.
>2. A Jedi hunter has come with rumors one might be hiding somewhere nearby.
>Bit of a witch hunt happens in the town with the base commander trying to keep the peace
>Then an old crashed ship full of obsolete droids from the clone wars activates and they try to kill all life on the planet and this rag tag bunch of troopers and farmers have gotta band together to hold them off.
>There was an old Jedi, Hermit type, But no lightsabre, no real force, He's in hiding and just trying to keep on keeping on.
>Base commander thanks him for his help but tells him to get the fuck off his planet he dont need no more jedi hunters snooping around.

>Why not make one where the audience makes up their own minds

NO

>audience make up their own minds
See, your first mistake was assuming that mainstream audiences are smart enough for that.

Movie idea
>Squad of stormtroopers moves into outer rims planet
>Kills all the slavers
>Free the slaves
>Rebels blow up the stormtroopers and all the planets infrastructure then leave
>People sell themselves into slavery to get off the planet
>The end

I liked her as a character and thought it'd be a good campaign, then they pull that NOW UR A REBEL bullshit.

Shoulders on the uniform look a little bulky, belt should be lower down and come with a sidearm and some other little attachments. They should have some form of rank plaques though, maybe make them smaller and more minimalist compared to the imperial big squares, other than that it's pretty noice. Pilot suits are fucking excellent.

Movie 2

>StormTrooper Swat.
>On some clustered hive world like place
>Follows StormTrooper Detectives who are trying to figure out a serial killer
>Show StormTrooper CSI
>Show StormTrooper Arrests
>Show StormTrooper Civil unrest.

I mean surely they would've had to have done more than just shooting everyone in order to maintain their power.
Otherwise it would be just as Corrupt as the senate was.

Risen but with Stormtroopers instead of Romans and spaceJesus instead of Jesus

I would watch that

>Is a movie from the point of view of Stormtroopers really too much to ask for instead of yet another whacky underdog diverse rebels against the nazi regime?

Apparently

They literally made a movie with a stormtrooper as one of the main characters. Then for the rest of the script it didn't matter at all. He might as well have just been some dude.

Disney wants to have a progressive slant, right?

It'd be a good way to show the realities of totalitarian regimes by showing how likeable characters with even the best of intentions can be taken on the wrong path, whether by duty, inertia or naivety.

Surely that'd be a more mature way of writing than just saying 'everyone in the Empire is a horrible human being down to the core'? Surely that'd make for a more compelling story?

No, fash is for bash, nothing else.

it's all about making propaganda now not a compelling story