Storytime: Deadpool vs. The Punisher 4

And so the hunt for Taskmaster begins.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/sS5Ut
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Damn this is some good art. Only gets better from here, too.

Aw shit, Wade's mad.

Tasky has some damn loyal soldiers.

Sounds like a good plot, I wasn't even aware this was coming out

Holy shit that Cape-Fu.

This is actually Punisher and Task's first real fight. Only time they met before was back in the early 90s, when Punisher was fighting Tombstone and Task was fighting Daredevil.

Here comes Wade. Can Task stand up against his personal kryptonite?

Turns out he can. Task fights smart, and in a rare showing, completely whoops Wade's ass.

Frank's back in the game, though. This page is GORGEOUS. Task puts up a hell of a fight, but you can tell he's surprised.

Man overboard.

Task looks ready for round two, but here comes the kid whose mom he kind of decapitated...

A hard-fought win.

Uh oh. Wade's mad again.

That's all, folks. 'Til next issue.

Sometimes I forget that DP is really good with kids.

Thanks OP

'makes sense, he basically is one.

That's how I determine Deadpool writers. If they remember that he doesn't hurt kids.

Same with Task

GET FUCKED FRANK!
I do like punisher, but he can be extremely trite at times

Jesus, how's Frank gonna come back from THAT one?

now THIS is how you draw a fight

So I guess this is a Frank clone or something? Since he just got shot in the head?
What'd I miss?

Fun read

Nah it's really Frank, he's been headshot before, he'll live. Notice it's a bit off-center.

Remember what Taskmaster said? His gun is an airgun. Deadpool shot Frank with Tasky's gun.

Good fight. Last time, taskmster was oneshot by Cap. Bullocks, he is the best fighter in the world.

Yeah but straight through the head, also doesnt sound like Frank.

I don't think Frank is coming out on top here.

In all honesty I'm surprised they're still making good comics over at Marvel. This is some beautiful action.

he's a very good teacher

I did not see that coming.

Its good that finally some writers show Task to be a badass fighter.

It's been a long time but we finally get to see Taskmaster do well in a fight again.

Yep, Tony is a monster when he gets going. He's had a couple other really good showings recently. He kicked the shit out of Evil Deadpool in Mercs for Money.

F, thanks for the storytime OP

thanks!

thats practically silver age ham right here.

i kinda wonder what franks wiki page would look like in universe.

this mini gave us such great art and fun, this is one of the best minis of the year.

Didn't Deadpool beat him once while his legs and arms were tied together?

Yep.

imgur.com/gallery/sS5Ut

Yeah, but as he mentioned, he's learned a lot since then. Taskmaster always improves, it's his whole thing.

Also that issue was weird because while he says "I didn't let you win", the very first time he sees him in their fight he opts out of just shooting him in the head. So in a way he was going easy on him.

It was a weird comic.

THIS is how you do a team up story.
>Enemy of my enemy is my friend

Taskmaster often suffers from who's writing him, he's managed to solo avengers teams by himself and sometimes he gets knocked around by random street-level heroes the authors are mary-suing like atm like new Hellcat and Squirrelgirl

I'm just glad they never let Van-Lette's shitty headcanon of Tasky constantly losing his mind and having a secret S.H.E.I.L.D Agent wife who he keeps forgetting ruin the character outside of any book he's writing

I think Van Lente is the best Task writer, as evidenced here. I admit his mini went a bit too hard on the amnesia angle, but he seems to have moderated it some in this series.

Task did okay against Squirrel Girl. He kicked the shit out of like 15 heroes at once, including Hulk, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Wilson-Cap. It took a crazy idea to beat him. He was a monster in that issue, even if he was written very strangely.

But yeah, Taskmaster is like any street-level villain who isn't a nemsis; because he bounces between appearances, he gets written by so many people he's inconsistent as hell.

Spencer's Taskmaster, for example, is incredbly witty but not very strong in a fight. Meanwhile, Dan Slott wrote Task as a total teambuster in Avengers Initiative.

I like to think he moderated it because everyone from the fans to other writers hated the idea because it shit on a ton of good Taskmaster moments and made him horrible to write for

That's always been a mainstay quality of Wade. He can be a horrible person, but he always has a soft spot for children.

Also, I absolutely love how this writer made Taskmaster a legitimate threat again. I'm so tired of writers turning 90% of Marvel's villains into a joke. Task is perfect for a street level team up like this.

I liked that story a lot. It also kept the feeling that Taskmaster was a threat, but it was just that Peter was so riled up and off his rocker from Mj being kidnapped.

In my opinion Slott and Gage wrote the best Taskmaster between Avenger's Initiative and Avengers Academy playing him up as a working class villain just trying to make a living and protect his rep

The worst though was Udon who basically only liked his powerset and name and wrote the character super boring and ridiculously inconsistent

That's the thing about having different levels.

A character who is a joke when fighting something like the Hulk can still be a major threat when fighting someone at street level like Daredevil. There are a few that blur the lines, but as far as Taskmaster goes, he's higher than street level, so to come down and fight Frank makes him a big deal.

It's like if Luke Cage had to take on Magneto, he would really struggle while Magneto would look like one of the biggest threats on Earth.

Frankity Frankity Frank

I think there's a few in-universe style handbooks, like Civil War Files. That's probably the closest we'll get.

Still don't know who the students in the brown uniforms are supposed to be dressed as.