Star Vs Toffee

What is his problem? What is his endgame? What's his relationship with Moon or house Avarius or other Septarians?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bme4NT7FleE
youtube.com/watch?v=Qyqa_h7slx4
youtube.com/watch?v=zvq9r6R6QAY
youtube.com/watch?v=GXFSK0ogeg4
youtube.com/watch?v=6-8E4Nirh9s
youtube.com/watch?v=s9ohy3COujs
youtube.com/watch?v=351Aa5q_S98
youtube.com/watch?v=C0-tsSCo1i8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

STARCO IS CUTE AND PERFECT!

CUTE AND PERFECT!

He heals faster than Rasticore, is vastly intelligent, and he was so close to destroying Mewni that Moon had to give up her soul just to stop him. If he's not Septarian royalty, and if Mewni had taken rightful Septarian clay, then I don't know what else it could be.

>What is his problem?
Mewmans are scum; perhaps Moon seemed like a potential Mewman who wasn't scum and then she spectacularly proved him wrong. Maybe he was the first to kill someone and ruin everything, maybe it was her or her family and he struck back. Even Nefcy literally said "he's not wrong"

>What is his endgame?
Wreck shit, ruin the Butterflys, eventually get killed off by Star

>What's his relationship with Moon or house Avarius or other Septarians?
Don't think he's spoken to or interacted with Moon since that battle ("it's been a while"). Before then there was probably some sort of relationship that started out okay and then rapidly got worse. Avarius family probably screwed over Septarians in the past, and Toffee's actions in S1 were designed to have the bonus side effect of ruining Ludo's life. Rasticore was probably one of his soldiers, may have lost his eye and arm to the Darkest Spell.

>Avarius family probably screwed over Septarians in the past, and Toffee's actions in S1 were designed to have the bonus side effect of ruining Ludo's life.
That makes a lot of sense.

>Even Nefcy literally said "he's not wrong"
Gonna need some sauce on that.

Also there's something that The Book calls The Avarius/Septarsis Treaty on page 63. It begs the question of what the circumstances were that required such a treaty to be signed in the first place, how long ago it was signed, and whether or not it is still enforced after House Avarius' fall. Supposing that Mewnans landed in the Kingdom of the Waterfolk, migrated into what was once an expanded Forest of Certain Death, and slaughtered and razed the countryside to build their own country, perhaps the reason Septarian land isn't drawn on the map is that it's further-inland to the East beyond the Avarius domain, and they had a conflict that came to an abrupt end when it started becoming obvious Mewnans were on a genocide crusade and they would both be wiped out.

Just a partial quote. She says something like "he's not wrong, but he's going about things the wrong way" (at about 40:19)

youtube.com/watch?v=bme4NT7FleE

I've also thought something's up with how we haven't seen Septarsis on the map but that's still pretty vague.

Season 3 cannot come soon enough, comrade. We have learned nothing.

What if the XD app fucks up the release for the movie like they did the S2 finale?

Like releasing episode 3 first

>Mewmans are scum; perhaps Moon seemed like a potential Mewman who wasn't scum and then she spectacularly proved him wrong
That would be amazing if that was the case. Parallels Star for days

What if Septarsis doesn't exist anymore? What if the Kingdom of Mewni is where it used to be, and they were (almost) completely exterminated?

It's definitely going to be something like Moon had every opportunity to end Toffee with the Darkest Spell but her feelings got in the way at the last minute so she totally beefed it only took his finger

>user... for the...last...time...I'M NOT TIRED! I ssswear. I'm GOOD. I'm ready to go out all night and do taxes and drink...alchahonic... brevmerges. hmmnnn.....HUH!? user, don't.... noooo! Its not bed time yet... damn it! I'm a big girl user....Put me downnahhhhh...mmnnnmmm user...you're so warm...and cuddly...hnnggmmm...
>.....
>Hey...Don't leave ok? Stay with me...just this time user...please?

He's Star's real father

Im more curious to know why he wants his finger back so bad.

Diamonds are forever.

Wouldn't you?

>You're a very brave, strong young woman to come to us, Ms. Butterfly. We know that you have a temporary immigrant's visa, and we deeply apologize that this is the treatment that you've been given while you've been visiting us on Earth. I know that having to complete the rape kit is very... invasive, but believe me, woman-to-woman, we are going to catch the sick monster that did this to you. We have his DNA and fingerprints, and the photographs of the bruises and hickeys are going to help us in litigation. Now, will you give us a description, address, and full name of this "user" person?

When it's the next episode?

If you were missing your finger, and you had the opportunity to get on back on your hand, like it was before, you wouldn't take it? The plan can wait, ima get my finger.
Or maybe getting the finger will allow him to fully regenerate into his original body+wand and stop using Ludo as a vessel. Who knows?

I've wondered this too, though they seem pretty open that it's a place that exists (or existed) despite it not being pictured. Seems possible though.

The abandoned monster temples could be a sign of that.

Wtf?

Could drunk Sky still keep her cover?

I think having your finger off permanently is annoying as fuck. Also somethingsomething, I will become whole again, something

Right now it's the one surviving sample of his original body, and so he could reconstruct his own body from it plus the wand crystal.

Also telling Moon he's coming after Star guarantees Moon will move Star into the same location as her.

NOT FUNNY
NOT FUNNY
NOT FUCKING FUNNY

I really hope the season ends with Moon's death. It would be so poetic

I think its the second option more likely. Cause i always thought it was weird that he could regenerate parts of his arm but stil couldt grow his finger back. It must have some kinda seal preventing his powers or sth.

I do too.

I want the obligatory cliffhanger to be Star having to become queen.

"MOM!!! Oh, Mom, no, no no no..."
"Star... I'm sorry. For everything. I know I was strict, but I didn't want..."
"Mom, it's okay, we can get help, we can--"
"Star, please, just... Just listen..."
"Mom, don't--"
"I have fought Toffee before... I was just a princess..."
"Mom, I know, I've been in the Grandma Room, I saw. Just stop, please, you need help--"
"I had to fight him... because he beat my mother. Your grandmother lost to him."
"... What?"
"I had to learn... how to dip down. To fight Toffee. To save Mewni. Star, there was no one left but me..."
"What are you saying?"
"I'm saying that I've been so tough with you... because I wanted you to be ready in case it ever happened again. In case you ever had to become a queen early in your life. And you do. And I... I know you're prepared for what's next..."
"No, no, stop talking mom, please, please don't say this!"
"Star... You have a strength to you. A strength I never had. Your father... he's still out there. He will be there for you, when it's all over. And it's going to be easier for you, since I know we don't get along... I can't hold you back."
"No, mom! That's not it, that's not like that--"
"Star."
"... Mom...?"
"... I'm proud of you..."
"... Mom? Mom... Please... I don't hate you... I don't hate you... Please don't go, mommy..."

I knew someone was going to post this so let me post mine

>Ending credits is no music. Just Star on the ground in despair looking at Moon's body as the wind blows by

Actually for extra feels

>Still no music. Star is just bawling in Marco's arms for most of the credits. But as the credits end, the camera pans over and you see River in despair looking at Moon's body

Or her crown or something. Since I doubt they would show full on death

The monster temples are definitely Septarsis related.
Just realized something funny. Moon doesn't know that Star knows where Toffee's finger is, so she didn't tell her that Toffee is coming back for his finger and ends up moving Star away from the finger (probably in Marco's house), inadvertently letting him get his finger, which he presumably knows the location of, because reasons.
Poor communication is always funny.

>ending credits is Star grieving while holding on to Moon's body as the biggest moon in Mewni slowly gets eclipsed
>post-credit scene is River marching through his armory in the Johansen Kingdom, analogous to Moon's march through her armory in Season 2, putting on his armor and warpaint. He pauses only temporarily to look at a portrait of him and his wife when they were just married, and as he exits the armory's doors they slam shut as the screen goes to black

I can only imagine the music that would be playing during something like that

what if the rest of Star was as chubby as her cheeks

Is he still going to have his left arm when he comes back?

Pretty damn kino.

The show wouldn't be as good.

I imagine it wouldn't be that hard to get another one of those. Why can't Rasticore regenerate that, anyway? Was he hit by a/the Dark Spell too?

Still hedging my bets on "Moon's parents betrayed the shit out of him" and killed his family or some shit, and the tragedy alluded to in his relationship with Moon comes from her knowing that Mewmans were in the wrong here but being bound by duty to defend her family and people, and to strike back after he returns the favor in the cycle of revengeance.
youtube.com/watch?v=Qyqa_h7slx4

Maybe he lost it shortly before all these princess marco events and since he regenerates very slow compared to Toffee he needed temporary prosthesis?

Interesting note about the guidebook:
Ludo is listed as "Ludo of Mewni," while Toffee is listed as "Toffee of Septarsis"
Definitely suggests that Septarsis is (or was) at least a separate and sovereign monster kingdom, if not even in another dimension entirely.

Toffee was presumably born when Septarsis was still a thing, while Ludo probably wasn't born when Avarius was still a thing (with actual territory and shit)

>There's only 3 fanarts of young hot Lady Avarius

Honestly there's a decent chance she doesn't live past the movie.
I mean I don't know how fucking real they want shit to get right off the bat, but I'm seriously expecting that at the very least Toffee is going to win again and Butterfly Castle will fall.

Toffee is such a threat right now that the show cannot restore any kind of status quo until his situation is resolved one way or the other; Moon isn't about to let Star go adventuring after Toffee just directly threatened her. Moon and Star are going to be licking their wounds and preparing for Toffee's assault, while Toffee is rallying an army. Either Toffee has to be neutralized or Star can't have a safe place to take shelter.
Unfortunately for Star, the narrative has played out in such a way that Toffee cannot possibly suffer any significant defeat at this point, while she is perfectly positioned to have the last bit of suffering squeezed out of her by losing what little she has left, before the story can re-introduce Marco into her life and give her the cruel hope that everything could be okay again.

I doubt Moon will "die" but she will probably get life drained. Nefcy cleverly put in a way to "kill people off" without them actually dying but still pretty dangerous

Now a minute.Toffee's wanted poster indicates that the person who wrote this description didn't know why Toffee couldn't regenerate his finger after the conflict that lead to the Mewman/Monster Accord which is of course due to Moon casting the "darkest spell."
Now judging by the ominous words spoken by young Moon, she is fully aware of what the spell is fully capable of and why Toffee's finger remains permanently severed from his hand.

So is it safe to say Moon's been keeping other information secret from her fellow council members before?

What if it was Mewni that was invading Septarsis

>Star tumblr art would probably expand in size

I don't think Moon will die then or Toffee/Ludo, since all are pictured in the new intro (Moon's in the part that hasn't been leaked, apparently).

This could just be trolling us, but in general I don't think they'd put any of those characters in prominently at the beginning of every episode if they planned to kill them off before the season's half over.

No idea how they're going to handle this arc though either, as the summary implies Star will go up against Ludo and probably Toffee, and what that encounter and its effects will set up for the rest of the season.

Moon dying seems possible to me though, depending on how serious they want things to get. Just not this early.

Toffee is exceptionally good at regenerating compared to others of his species.
An arm could take months/ years to regrow for the average individual like rasticore

So what's the reason the severed finger is apparently missing from the actual physical tapestry as well, enough so that seeing it depicted helped Star realized Toffee's finger was inside her wand?

>missing from the actual physical tapestry as well
What gave you that idea? The only version of the tapestry we've seen is the memory one in the wand.

The finger popped out of the depiction of the finger. Like Gloss popped out of the depiction of Gloss

fpbp

Glossaryck's magical god so I don't really see the stuff he does as applicable to everyone/everything else. Like that was literally Glossaryck himself in the wand, not Star's memories of him.

But the finger was apparently the thing that didn't belong in Star's memories, although she had apparently seen the tapestries before. I might be reading too much into things though; it just sort of seems to imply that wasn't there when she saw it and so that was the difference that allowed her to find it.

July 15

Give it to me straight Sup Forums

Would Nefcy have the balls to actually kill someone off on this show? Would Disney even let her?

So Ludo's father sided with Queen Moon at the great war? He is a traitor among monsters.

They already have. Most of Ludo's monsters were in an explosion and never seen again. All the high council died(but got rezzed).

You. Men and women.

A megadeuce, chooses its dominus.

You all possess the foolishness of both man and machine.

It chooses one who controls the power of god created by man.

One who was able to arrive at one truth.

That's not the case with any of you.

YE GUILTY

It begs the question of whether she would believe she is capable of surviving a Disney blacklisting. If, and only if, she had a guaranteed means of staying in animation after pulling something that blatantly violates Disney's Terms of Service, I'm sure she could do it, mainly because she's rapidly growing in popularity.

She says she has other plans in store for other shows, and has Star vs. plot planned out, so I can't help but wonder what she'll work on next.

>Would Nefcy have the balls

Yes.

>Would Disney even let her?

Possibly.

When a little girl asked at the Gallery Nucleus panel thing if anyone would die in the next season, she said that was her favorite question and that they couldn't answer that. Doesn't mean anyone actually will, but implies more of a possibility than "we're not allowed to do that," "we don't want to go there," etc.

The recent theory of Star being Moon's Darkest Spell might fit here. Here is a couple posts to speed anyone up on the main points.

>Right before Eclipsa's chapter we have the snake hands, and Moon's diamonds seen in the upper left of pic, while the next page is the bottom left showing a giant Star with monster and possibly darker symbols all over it. We know this is the next page due to official parts shown in the upper and bottom right of my pic. Before this page we also saw Eclipsa's Spade as seen in upper left of pic, but within it seems to be a eclipse. Possibly showing Moon's pledging her soul to darkness as heard in her spell. In the Star page we also see this symbolism in the upper right hand side.

Did you just assume my gender?

Once he will reborn out of his finger and become whole and immortal, the wedding ring will appear on that missing finger. It will turn out that he was the husband of Eclipsa.

>yfw when you knew that ludo's monster all died in the explosion

Star is nowhere near ready to become queen, Mewni would fall almost immediately

>problem
Wants to wreak havoc for the sake of it
>endgame
Mewni is decimated and he moves onto the next world
>relationship with Moon/Avarius/Septarians
probably stalked moon and tried to get her to fall to the dark side of magic, and she did.
Doesnt care much for the Avarius but they are/were a nuisance
the Septarians are family but they are not first priority

>With the new teaser you also get pic related.

>The reason I make a big deal of that Star is Star's wand is the only wand in the butterfly family with a literal Star on it, and this page from the book has a giant Star. I think the page symbolizes Star's birth in a sense as well as Moons pact with Darkness to defeat Toffee in the form of physical Star.

>Butterfly family cheek symbols seem to be in a cycle of rebirths. Going off this, Moon knew Heart was next so she literally crushed it to darkness. Moon's Darkest Spell might of been selling her soul, and sacrificing her first born to defeat Toffee.

Now on to the finger. We know the saying of "The immortal monster will long be haunted by the darkest spell of Moon the Undaunted." but what if Star due to being that spell, has always held his finger, and his why he wants it back. Because Star is that spell still haunting him.

>Toffee is Magneto

I always felt this. Probably why both are my favorites in their respective universes.

all according to keikaku

Why did he wanted to destroy the wand in the first place?
I think he thought that his finger will appear but the wand was just cleaved instead destroyed. It owuld still seem his lost finger was his main motivation even before he lost his entire body.

Now its obvious that he will regrow his body out of his finger and wont need Ludo anymore, but i wonder if that would somehow give him more power than before he lost it.

Quick! Star just encountered Eclipsa for the first time. What music plays in the background?

Ludos monsters already canonically died in that explosion
No doubt someone else is going to kick the bucket soon

>i wonder if that would somehow give him more power than before he lost it
>Having your spirit tied to half the most powerful artifact in existence
you should be able to solve this

youtube.com/watch?v=zvq9r6R6QAY

youtube.com/watch?v=GXFSK0ogeg4

If MLP allowed to kill off Applejack parents then this cartoon can do it too.

>Why does Toffee want to gain unlimited access to a powerful magical artifact
Really rattles the ol' noodle.

>Not posting the official HD release from the OFFICIAL Caramella Girls channel
>2017

Here you go you fuck.
youtube.com/watch?v=6-8E4Nirh9s

>Hey user, are you ready for the summer?

>Now on to the finger. We know the saying of "The immortal monster will long be haunted by the darkest spell of Moon the Undaunted." but what if Star due to being that spell, has always held his finger, and his why he wants it back. Because Star is that spell still haunting him.

Star's flashes of Toffee, and Eclipsa when she grabbed the finger were actually her memories coming back due to being there in a sense as the spell.

>Its so nice to see you...
>come give your Grandmother a big hug...
youtube.com/watch?v=s9ohy3COujs

Will Toffee get HOWEVERED by good guys in the end, too?

youtube.com/watch?v=351Aa5q_S98

>No job yet.
>Just learned how to draw star Vs properly and the knowledge is still fresh and not cemented.
>Nothing of value to my name.
>Probably going to be evicted from my current living place.
Yeah I'd say I'm pretty set.

The Ballad of Star Butterfly is practically indistinguishable from modern Fall Out Boy. Prove me wrong.

Also, do Pat Stump and co have some kind of contractual obligation with Disney? Immortals was written just for Big Hero 6 and then TBOSB happened. What's next, The Last Jedi featuring an original Fall Out Boy song?

Reminder that anime did the removable horns better.

youtube.com/watch?v=C0-tsSCo1i8

YEEAEAHH BITCHES

GUESS WHO PASSED THEIR FINAL EXAMS

MOTHERFUCKIN UNI GRADUATE UP IN THIS BIAATCH

>Prove me wrong
I don't give a shit either way. Why even give a shit?
Song's good, catchy and reminds me why I'm in love with the show every time I listen to it.

His problem? The froze his mother in a crystal.
Endgame: Destroy the only thing that could actually hurt him - the wand. Get back his finger, and then free his mother.
If he didn't know that his mother was frozen, then he would want to destroy Moon in front of Star, to make her feel how he has felt.

How did these guys get a tv show?

Nice!

Ruberiot, play the theme from The Jeffersons for this gentleman.

Son would be my guess.

Mike Lazzo suffers from dry penis syndrome.

The condition was extra bothersome the week Sam Hyde came in.

Whats the deal with the MonStar meme? I have seen both seasons and there isn't a single episode about monster version of Star with a lizard tail.

Welcome to not!/sveg/

Because people like you don't get it.

>Hey user! Wake up, I just found a slip and slide spell and we're partying out in the backyard! We've got wings and some cold ones! Oh, the soda, not beer. We could always do a couple shots from your liquor stash you keep under your bed...Uhh, no! I mean, I'm pretty sure you told me about that. No, I haven't been snooping around your bedroom while you were at work. You're missing your workout shirts? Aahhaaaahaaa, uhhh, I don't know what you're talking about at all haha, ALRIGHT I'm gonna go back outside to the party now ok? THANKSBYEANON!