Moon Knight #14

Moon KnightFall

A few years ago, (yes, it's been that long) Ellis and Shalvey breathed new life into the floundering Moon Knight, giving him a snappy new costume, a series of memorably adventures, and restored his lunar sickle crescent edge without looking like they were trying too hard.

Then they left after just six issues.

Since then, no one's managed to make their new paradigm work. Faux-episodic arcs didn't work. Actual episodic arcs didn't work. Attempts to explain the enigmatic elements laid out by Ellis killed the book's mystique. Ditto for crossovers and the like.

Jeff Lemire's solution to this quandary was simple:

End it

And that's why we're here.

youtube.com/watch?v=yee1R766hK8

Cory Petit is this run's unsung hero.

Hey, Sup Forums! It's that kino you like so much.

yeah, that's some amazing lettering. Not often you can say that

Yes, father. I shall become a cosplayer

It's like Split. M. Night Shamamadorf's Split!

WE WUZ KNIGHTS

ah shit, nice

Well, it's not like Ellis ever had this planned out.

Something-something Samurai Jack.

Old Man Jenkins!

Press F

RIP Mr Skeltal

F

I wasn't too big on this run when it started outside of the art (and as someone said earlier, the lettering), but I think it kind of picked up near the end. I wouldn't mind if Moon Knight kind of went to bed for a while after this. He's gotten a much-needed cleaning up through the past couple of runs and doesn't need to be muddied up again anytime soon.

What makes me curious is why Moon Knight has such a hostile relationship with Khonshu.

Like, Ellis had him be genuinely affectionate to Moon Knight. Is there something inherently wrong with that dynamic? If God spoke to me, giving me advice and succor, I wouldn't reject it out of hand if I was sure it was a divine presence.

Mr Skeltal needed more calciyums
F

This run got good when Lemire introduced the space Moon Knight.

OP?

Khonshu has flip-flopped between being benevolent and vengeful over the years. It seems to change depending on the writer (or if you want to interpret it a certain way, Marc's mental state).

Would Moon Knight Hail Hydra?

Khonshu fucks with Marc as much as he helps. Depending on the mood, he can directly put Marc's loved ones in harm's way.

Patriarchy REEEEEEEEEE!

Pretty much.

>the way the mask is hanging makes it look like Konshu's skull/beak at an angle
K I N O
I
N
O

F if for Full Moon

Which is the superior Moon Knight costume?
IMO it's a tie between the anti-ghost costume and the space suit.

It's not a bone suit, but it'll do.

I certainly hope not.

The anti-ghost costume is still my favorite one. I really like all the Warren Ellis outfits. I don't think he got a 4th one, though. If I recall, they were:

1.) Mr. Knight
2.) 'Stealth' Moon Knight.
3.) Anti-Ghost suit.

It seems like he should have 1 more 'super' form. Unless his classic suit is the 4th outfit.

MCU costume.

I'm a fan of the "classic" design but Mr. Knight has some appeal if drawn by the right artists. Gonna have to get used to Mr. Knight though because if they do a show you KNOW that's what they're going to go with.

Thanks for reading, fellas!

Sorry about that

It's time to kick ass Bedsheet Moon Knight was also pretty swell.

Thanks for reading, fellas!

Sorry about that

It's time to kick ass Bedsheet Moon Knight was also pretty swell.

You gotta love those eerie glowing eyes.

after seeing the costumes for inhumans we should probably be grateful that Moon Knight at least has something cheap and simple that not even netflix can fuck up

Also if you look at the last panel, the way he is trying to put the mask on looks very like Konshu's beak:
So Khonshu succeded becoming one with his avatar?
Khonshu works best as a ancient god. A god who is very distant to human and only interested in his own attributes.

Moon Knight is too episodic, he's not suited for a show.

he'll be back the very next writer Moon Knight gets

>episodic
Doesn't that make him literally perfect for a show? Albeit a show that actually uses its episodes to tell individual stories rather than having some autistic plot arc with cliffhangers

wait...cancelled? or Lemire just figured this was the end of his story? good run though

The new kind of superhero shows are all based on retarded plot arcs and "epic!1!!1" season finales.

Thumbnail looks like General Grevious in the back.
Like 2d clone wars cartoon Grevious.

One of marvel's netflix shows major problems have been the arcs are dragged out for too long
JJ would've been better if they trimmed it by like 2-3 episodes at least

Somebody with an episodic nature would be good

The coloring also. Fucking Bellaire makes everything look better, always.

F
Shalvey's costumes were great overall. All of them were nice versions of already existing stuff.

I liked a lot his MK costume, to be honest, a lot more than the classic costume.

feared it would end up this way.
Bullshit waste, Khonshu is part of Moon Knight as much as the other personalities.

It should have ended with Marc accepting Khonshu not completely refusing him.

Lemire's run has been absolute wank. 14 issues of a shoestring plot padded out with existentialism.

i fucking hate myself for starting that moonkino meme
but hey atleast i did something

saw it coming
not entirely pleased but i'm surprise they actually did it

F

all are great and top tier costumes
but i absolutely love this one

thanks op
it truly was kino

man i storytimed maybe more than half of this run and i must say i loved it
im nostalgic at the end of the ride
someone should do the entire thing

Where the fuck is Marlene?

The 2014 run is perfect for a netflix show, though.

>someone should do the entire thing

I was planning on storytiming the 2014 run and this entire run this weekend, now that it finally ended.

Go for it, user. We need some MK in the board from time to time.
Old stuff would be appreciated too.

>Old stuff would be appreciated too.

Considering that it'll be more than 20 issues this weekend, I'll try to save that for another one.

I gotta confess, I barely read any of the older stuff, never really saw anyone recommending them.

Thanks m8, I'll see where can I get them. Just hoping I don't have to download issue by issue in the win-o thread.

How many fucking times are they going to dose him up? At this point their encounters have become repetitively dull.

>off paneled
OH COME ON, after so many issues of those fucks being a nuisance you don't give us the money shot.

Lemire is leaving Marvel