Homeworld

Well homeworld was a disappointment. I was expecting to see a glimpse of the planet from space maybe even some screen time showing different landscapes as well as an overview of a city, looking at all the buildings and things going on at street level just so we can get a better idea of how gem society and culture is really like. I was expecting to learn more about gems tech and culture like:

What are their buildings made of?
Do they have hospitals?
Are training schools a thing?
Do they have cars and roads like we do?
Are there recreational facilities?
Just how advanced does everything look?
Are graveyards a thing?

NOPE didn't learn any of that or more. Instead all we saw was a black court room they didnt even bother adding some background scenery to, a big ass building shaped like white diamond, a big ass kindergarden and whatever this scene is supposed to be. Didn't learn jack about what gem society looks like. After leaving home for good now because we'll probably never see it again, the only thing we'll EVER know about gem society is that half of them hate rose, the other half is willing to defect in a heartbeat, they hate freaks, they dont like fusion and diamonds are to be worshiped like gods thats it.

Also forgot to mention how could Lars even breath on homeworld when chances are the planet is void of water and vegetation?

I wish "Homeworld" gets a real name than just calling it Homeworld. Any good name ideas?

since its gems, would probably have the word "Krystal" mix with something

typical SU.

they gave one answer
presents 10 additional questions

next episode is probably lapis-peridot just doing stuff in the barn

I think I saw some water dripping from a stalactite actually

I'm actually OK with the tease because they ended up setting up a stable connection between homeworld and earth with zombie Lars. Now if they don't end up using it and the next 20 episodes are townie eps in beach city then I'll be pissed.

And it's like one thing I wonder is do gems have an economy? They must have something? Or are they all just like ants in a colony

>1 episode
>So many questions
>They're not even done there yet

I always thought of them as a sentient Von Neumann Machine.

I don't know why you or anyone else is surprised. Sugar is fucking terrible at world building.

>implying we will ever see Homeworld again

literal bowels of the planet doesn't count

Chances are we won't see homeworld again and if we do it'll be a scene of the diamonds inside some random building with no windows or one big window over looking a cluster of odd shapes and mix mashe colors simulating "buildings". Also homeworld will now be Lars' barn

I doubt. Much of our economics are dependent on our physical needs. The fact that they have and are technology that doesn't have or need our resources would be difficult to estimate what they'd be willing to trade with each other. I just assumed they were given everything they need from the diamonds.

>implying we're never going to home world again

Not that user, but they left Lars there. The 'semi-lviign' portal was left there for a reason.

Fuck Sugar she will never develop Homeworld at all.

Also WHY THE FUCK CANT SHE NAME THIS PLANET ALREADY?

lawyers exist on homeworld

so there must be something to prosecute and defend against.

we haven't even seen what the freakin hell terrified lapis in terms of being out of date.

from our standpoint, it all looks the same.

I've thought about that and since gems don't have basic needs like humans do that rules out a food industry and pharmaceutical industry existing on homeworld. But then I thought even if they aren't buying things like food, water and medication there are still other things that gems could buy and might have a need for like housing decor, furniture, gadgets, vehicles, cleaning products and while such things may not be available to lower class gems, elite class gems still exist and might see a need for these kinds of goods since I imagine that gems live in houses or housing complexes and elites would live in mansions with lots of land space. Elite gems would want luxury items to fill their homes or living spaces and I can't imagine an elite just asking lower class gems to make them a crystal sofa or something and not give them anything in return

Zircons must be high caste since they literally determine the fate of most gems basically.

Strata

Crystaltron

Why would they have one at all?

They are essentially sentient machines built to perform specific tasks. And if they cannot perform that task they are euthanized and replaced with one that can.

They are cogs, they do not have needs or wants. They do their job or die.

Post necessity economy.

People live to enjoy life for the most part, and oil the machine for the rest, except when something threatens that way of life.

pearl mentioned the lunar sea spire to be a oasis for gems on earth.

inefficient if it's only for the diamonds and the elites.

maybe even the workers get 1 hour in the pool every now and then?

>But you're on our world now

>Three bots look for him
>He leaves the very next episode

Yeah, but Lars is stuck forever.

Unless he learns to do the Lion portal trick of course.

Lion came barly to the moon, so they have to steal a spaceship

>I can't imagine an elite just asking lower class gems to make them a crystal sofa or something and not give them anything in return
Of course they can, if they are built for exactly that task. If there are Pearls whose sole purpose it is to be your living accessory, there a probably gems built for sofa building and gem polishing or some shit and if they complain you can tell them to fuck straight off since "that's the natural order".

Yeah same, but that said it does go along with the gem's general utilitarian naming. Every Peridot is a Peridot with a Facet and a Serial Number. Every Amethyst is a Quartz Soldier be they small and runty, tall and lanky, or beefy and buff. Ruby infiltrated Ruby, Ruby, Ruby, Ruby and Ruby's Troop of Rubies. So it stands to reason that Homeworld is the world they call home, thus its Homeworld. Hell... Earth could've been called Earth because its just a big ball of earth, and our Moon is technically "Luna" but we always call it Moon, it might just be called "MOON" in SU. With a gem dominated history, utilitarian names everywhere.

Basically... Gems are uncreative as a species... everything has a use, everyone has a use, no need to stress yourself by giving things names.

The antagonists are somehow ever stupider than the protagonists.