Devilman

>I make this thread here because Sup Forums is having a meltdown over Pop team epic and the sudden popularity of Devilman among "normalfags" so they are in super defensive mode today.

Is Netflix going to save anime ? They allow for directors to have all the sex and violence they want without having to deal with dumb TV censorship.

Blu-ray discs sales are going to have less impact on the future of anime, and that's good, because you know what fucking nips buy... well one of the best selling series last year was "generic idol series N.47" and "fucking kemono friends", that's the equivalent of the ponies series for the nips.

I'm not saying that every series need to have gore and sex, but the artistic freedom for the creatives to put it if they want is nice. Things like characters having sex or realistic relationships is something relatively rare in anime because most Japanese otakus are afraid such things. I want a deconstruction of the harem genre when the MC fucks all the girls but don't fall in love with any of them.

>also

Discuss Devilman and why is NOT gay to wanting to fuck Satan

It's time for them to make anno's 4.0

I went to Sup Forums once. Everyone there is a pretentious asshole. I ask where to find a new translation and get nothing but replies of "babbies first manga" or anime girl reaction images

I liked it, but ot was still a pretty big step down from the manga. It loses a lot when it no longer has the Cold War going on and the parallel to Mao's Red Guard going out of control.

It makes for fantastic gatekeeping to various forms of newfaggotry.

This was not devilman.

Good, fuck spoonfeeding. Other boards should follow suit.

Why don't you make the thread on /m/, the place that literally worships Go Nagai and talks about all his works openly and gladly instead of somewhere where you KNOW it will stir shit?

>gib gibs
fuck off, lurk you faghag

That's kind of a worthless statement because if you are looking for the original manga, then nothing except the manga itself is Devilman, not even the anime which started first.

I loved the gore orgy at the night club, but why in the name of Lucifer Akira leaved Miki alone to go for Ryo. Leaving her to have a horrible dead but not as horrible as The dead of Asuka in Evangelion

Then why Sup Forums have been infiltrating Sup Forums recently, why they have more "ironic" threads every day, and why there is less real discussion and more "normies like it so it sucks" threads and less real arguments. Maybe that worked in the past but know people just used as an excuse to be pretentious this days.

>Sup Forumsssholes won't even give you a name for the manga when you ask
>Sup Forumsmrades will spend hours storytiming issues and drawing art requests
Why are gatekeeping communities revered? They're shit

>Sup Forumsmblr

also the second season of Kakegurui

But I need more ultra violent and ultra sexual anime

>a girl with pubic hair on anime

Nice surprise

>Is Netflix going to save anime ?

>Gantz:O
>Blame!
GREAT

>DeathList
err
>Devilman
wtf is that shit?

seriously this, Sup Forumsmrades are a bunch of autistic degenerates but every time I needed something from them they always delivered right away
They're all right in my book
Sup Forumsutists are fucking awful because they have no self awareness regarding their childish hobby, so they need to act like elitists because they're actually really insecure about watching anime, they also have absolutely no sense of humor

I would like to see netflix produce a season of Berserk

They watch anime. What do you expect other than faggotry.
Then again so do you lol

Any board that makes threads dedicated to cheering people up is a good board

Holy shit this devilman remake is bad, bad, bad.

>Things like characters having sex or realistic relationships is something relatively rare in anime because most Japanese otakus are afraid such things.

There are no realistic relationships in this series, I don't think the japanese are even capable of making a realistic relationship between love interests.

I swear this sometimes extends to their live-action films.

If you like Gantz then you are going to love Devilman, just wach it fampai

I guess robert threads are that for me

It varies, but in the original, he only went out to find Miki's parents only to find them tortured and bleeding to death. When he heads back, Xenon attacked him and when he reached the house he murdered everyone who took part of the slaughter. Miki didn't even get out of the house.

This version makes it more depressing since Akira leaves assuming they won't hurt her since he's the real demon, but Miki's post probably had the people who were itching to kill her snap, and go for it. It's a bit dissapoiting that this version of Miki is less of a badass. The original took no shit from anyone and even killed some of her assailants.

The relationship between Miko and the gangsta runner was more or less realistic until they become demons and he went full homo for some reason

>He went full homo

That wasn't him, many confused him with the Devilman runner (even in the show) but that kid dies in the club. We even see some of his remains when Miko heads out on her own in the middle of the apocalypse. Note that she carried his glasses in her purse, and is the reason the kid with the bowl cut betrays his friends in the end since he assumed she killed him. Hell, why do you think he shoots at her instead of Akira when they're having the stand off during the Akira Devilman reveal?

>he went full homo for some reason
The guy with the glasses was the homo runner?

And what's with the rapping? Nip's pretending like Japan is even remotely ghetto. What is it? Like 10 gun crime related deaths per year across the whole of japan?

This anime is so, so bad. Such terrible animation.

The original OVA is decent right? I mean all the old 80s/90s OVA's at least had some sort of charm.

When was the homo runner possessed?
Did he just happen to be at the same rave sabba that miko and her rapper boyfriend went to?
That part was pretty confusing, I also have no idea when Akira ever saw him cry

I swear the idea of monotheism is so foreign to the japanese, every time they even attempt incorporate it into their media it usually comes off as dumb.

Nope, you see it in his flashback, he goes with his boyfriend to another party and gets possessed there. They mention him off hand in the first two episodes.

>I also have no idea when Akira ever saw him cry

Maybe he sensed it? But yeah, that was weird.

>Discuss Devilman
Are we actually going to discuss cos it looks like thread is tanking?

all right, I just assumed it was the same party for some reason
I guess that part is really muddled, I also didn't like how they dealt with zenon off screen, wtf was up with that

And I swear the japanese in their anime, even their "adult" ones are stuck in perpetual state of childish naivete. See ep9.

Of course not. If OP actually wanted to discuss Devilman, he'd have made the thread on /m/.

Do you want to discuss it?

I feel like it was poorly paced. Things went by far too quickly.
Silene and her cuck should have been explored over several more episodes, giving more backstory to them and fleshing out demons as another race not just spirits of emotions of rage and lust. The Satan reveal was slightly too quick though the relationship between Akira and Ryo was pretty believable, I especially liked the ending.

There was a point close to the end of the season that I started to think to myself "oh, this isn't going to have a happy ending" and sure enough it didn't. It left me satisfied but not in a happy way.
Animation honestly isn't that big of a deal. The animation is only ever going to get better so long as the studio continues and there aren't many staff mix-ups. There were a few fight scenes that were crisp and well done.

Only critiques of the anime so far is
>Average animation (that's only going to get better)
>Poor pacing (A lot had to be squeezed in to a single season).
>A few unexplained things
wtf was the cat, how did the kid become demonized, if god can intervene, why did he in the first place and why didn't he after?
Is it because the demons and satan are humanities test to god to show they are worthy of salvation? Is humanity Satans test to see if it's redeemable? What even is Akira in this kind of mythos? The most pure human soul matched with the strongest devil? A sliver of angel soul mixed with human and devil?

>Animation honestly isn't that big of a deal.

Looks it's budget was a couple of quid.

That's makes sense I was distracted by what's was happening to Mikki

>I want the mc to fuck all the girls and not give a shit about any of them
Isn't that what happens in school days?

The OST was fantastic the haunting themes fits very well, and the gore oh the gore.

>not wanting to fug Satan

That's how someone with a external view sees a jew-christian religion, a esoteric and exotic tale about powerful and destructive beings. Think in how the western see the oriental religions; a bunch of exotic and esoteric tales with a lot of weird beings.

I'm external to both and they are like a mythology tale for me, I think that west have coolest characters like Lucifer and Lilith

Why did he have to die?

shes a black widow

literally

Isn't that every board?

>wtf was the cat, how did the kid become demonized, if god can intervene, why did he in the first place and why didn't he after?

Ok, the cat being a Devilman actually makes sense in the original (it wasn't present) since that version had Demons starting to mass possess people across the globe, and due to the nature of that possesion, it resulted in hundreds of demons either dying in the process since the conditions weren't right or ending up as Devilmen. Due to how it works in this version (Demons being ethereal beings), humity's fear and loathing probably made the conditions right for possessions to work without rituals. And on God, well, he works in mysterious ways...

>Is it because the demons and satan are humanities test to god to show they are worthy of salvation? Is humanity Satans test to see if it's redeemable? What even is Akira in this kind of mythos? The most pure human soul matched with the strongest devil? A sliver of angel soul mixed with human and devil?

Satan thought he could take Gods place, and during his exile found Earth, but God got rid of Demons, who are then replaced with humans. Satan didn't understand the lesson he was being thought "just because you have the might, it doesn't give you the right to destroy or be above others". He should have made peace between both sides and understand his place, but he only tries to get Demons to replace humanity due to them being weak. He only learns the lesson at the end (in this version, in other versions he still curses God for not showing up until it was all over), but it's too late, everyone else is dead so God starts over, hoping he learns the lesson the next time this happens.

Akira is literally an unfortunate guy caught up in something way bigger than him. Ryo in his human form forms a bond with Akira that he doesn't understand, but he clearly values him more than everything else he has, and despite being brainwashed, he arranges for Amon to possess him (maybe even making it so Akira would still be himself after the possession) so he could join him in his crusade. This predictably fails (there's a major difference between this in the original for that failure, the original he strongly loved humanity until his memories return, but slowly returns to being Satan, this version had him detached from the onset so after he discovers what he is he doesn't hesitate to embrace his true nature), and he's forced to fight Akira, and kill him.

After Akira dies, Satan realizes he's fucked up. He loved Akira, and now he's gone forever (or so he thinks).

DUDE DEVIL MAYCRY LMAO

A bad copy

Sup Forums is full of lowest common denominator weebs. It's like if Sup Forums were full of CoD and FIFAfags

>It's like if Sup Forums were full of CoD and FIFAfags

It's amazing how pretentious the average user is there despite watching low brow stuff. I like dumb shit too but they literally throw shit fits at anything that tries to be a little deeper than punchmans and moe/idol shit.

A decent reinterpretation, but the old (not Amon) OVA was much better. Ryo is a much more sympathetic character as well. It sucks it was never finished.

I'm glad this version did its own thing enough to stand on it's own, an while the Ova looked pretty great some of the fights (like the Devilman birth) felt too slow, plus the Devilman himself doesn't look devlish enough since he mostly retained his human proportions while he manga made his limbs longer. This version changed the skin color made the eyes white, and made him look like a beast.

>>I make this thread here because Sup Forums is having a meltdown over Pop team epic and the sudden popularity of Devilman among "normalfags" so they are in super defensive mode today.

Cool blog, faggot.

>no self awareness regarding their childish hobby

t. salty faggot who got called names on Sup Forums and couldn't handle the bantz.

When Devilman came in his sleep with enough force to coat his ceiling in jizz I knew this was going to be one of my favorite anime ever made

Sup Forums has 2 or 3 fucking Devilman threads already you insufferable spinless faggot.

>Sup Forumsutists are fucking awful because they have no self awareness regarding their childish hobby

>"Sup Forums should be full of ironic weebs like me! Hey Shrek and KOTH are my favorite anime XD!"
Shoot yourself you clown.

>seriously this, Sup Forumsmrades are a bunch of autistic degenerates but every time I needed something from them they always delivered right away
and this is exactly why Sup Forums is known as Sup Forumsmblr today

No that's a totally different guy...are you people retarded? The runner was patient zero as far as the show was concerned. He was a devilman WAY before Miko or the rapper. The rapper just died in the club.

meant this for

>Devilman is popular around normalfags now
Nononononononononono.

Fuck off back to Sup Forums

Thats because /wsr/ is the board for requests