Why are no Arabs cast in the leads for Aladdin?

Why are no Arabs cast in the leads for Aladdin?

A Copt plays Aladdin and a half white Indian plays Jasmine

Copts are not Arab?

Egyptians. and OP dont be mad, copts are just superior

Copts were the actual kangz.

>and a half white Indian plays Jasmine
ok but she's really cute!

Copts are Arab you dumb fuck. If they speak Arabic, they're Arab. End of story. Being Christian doesn't make you not Arab

t. An Iraqi "Assyrian" Christian who has to deal with the "WE IS NOT ARAB WE WUZ ANCIENT ASSYRIANS" crap from asstarded relatives daily

Why an Arab? Aladdin was Chinese

By definition they are not, no,

Not that it matters, if they want to actually be authentic to the story then Aladdin would be Chinese.

There's no #brownlivesmatter tag on Twitter so disney doesn't care about being accurate.

pity, he was good in nightcrawler

now that ISIS is kill what will they be pushed towards?

>Implying he was "Arab"
WE WUZ GENIES N SHIEET

The only Arabs in the original story were the evil sorcerer and his brother. Aladdin was an Uyghur or possibly Han.

aladdin was actually black like hannibal barca

wasn't alladin chinese/

Nah, he was just some generic "far eastern" Muslim. Arabs knew shit all about China. The writer made him in the Far East to make it exotic but was still a Muslim character. Aladdin would likely be some Uighur or east Turkestani or something

And Jaafar was canonically from morocco according to the story despite being based off a historical Persian Shiite wazir. Go figure.

It's a fairy tale, the writer put in some vague "east vs west" to make it exotic but it has shit all accuracy.

Aladdin was chinese in the book. disney changed it to an arab

ar*bs deserve nothing

And it's based off of Disney's Aladdin so stop bringing up this point idiot.

Aladdin is not a Chinese name.

That dude is a miscast.

arabs are a linguistic group.
If historically, your people spoke arabic, then you're arab.
ethnicities in the middle east who were able to hold onto their language after being conquered by arabs did not become arabs.
copts held onto the coptic language so are not arab. kurds held onto kurdish so did not become arabs.
on the other hand most people in the levant and many in north africa lost their language and so their ethnic identity so became arabs.

Okay so that means Nick Fury will forever be black, or MJ will forever be black now cause thats the way Disney wanted it

>GIB ROLES OR WE BECOME TERRORISTS

Besides the point. The remake is off of the Disney movie, not the original

And in any case, the Disney movie has a mixture of Iranian, Turkish, Arab and Indian influences. No one can say for sure where it took place.

I thought Aladdin was set in Persia desu
I mean they had a sultan not a sheikh I dunno what I'm talking about tho I just assumed

This is true although it's worth pointing out that many ethnic Kurds who assimilated into Arab and culturally identify as Arab can still be considered Arabic. For example Salahuddin al-Ayubi, or the former VP of Iraq under Saddam, despite being ethnically Kurdish, are arabised and considered Arab. Many Kurdish families who lived in Baghdad for generations and speak Arabic and not a word of Kurdish, can be considered Arabic.

It's like, Nigel Farage can be considered English despite his family being French huegenots; or the royal family can be considered English despite being German.

Persia never had a sultan they had a shah. Sultan is literally an Arabic word coming from the word "sulta" meaning authority in Arabic. Sheikh is not the title of a head of state, it just means any high standing individual or head of a big clan, like "Lord" or "Sir".

the language of copts is coptic you retard.

a people being arab isn't whether that people uses arabic as a lingua franca for convenience, it's whether that language is the only one they have.
copts and kurds and amazigh people held onto their language. Jordanians and palestinians and other non-original arabs (yemenis and saudis basically) did not.

All Copts speak Arabic as their primary tongue. Literally no copt speaks Coptic, their mother tongue is Arabic, go to any Coptic mass, it's entirely in Arabic. They are Arab just as anyone.

Stop with this divide and conquer bullshit, it's exactly what the west uses to keep people divided. "Hurr you're not Arab you're this meme ethnicity stop being United when you can fight amongst yourselves"

I have attended many Coptic Orthodox services in Canada, U.S and Egypt

Every single one of them was done in Arabic

Same here in Australia. It was 100% arabics. Even Melkite Catholics throw in a bit of Greek here and there to spice it up but Copts do it completely in Arabic

they haven't lost their language though. go to a jordanian and ask him "what language did your ancestors speak before arabs invaded? can you write some?" And it will be impossible for him to tell you or even find someone who could.

On the other hand any copt would be able to confidently answer "coptic" and they could easily go to a coptic orthodox priest in Egypt to write some coptic for you.

other non-original arabs like palestinians or jordanians have had their ethno-linguistic groups totally dissolved but this is not true or copts.

So Italians are not Italian because some catholic priests know Latin?

Copts speak Arabic.

holy crap what a whiney faggot

>I thought Aladdin was set in Persia desu

I think it's pretty obvious that Aladdin and the whole setting was meant to be one of the old Arab caliphates. There's a sultan who says "praise allah" from his palace in the desert, it's very stereotypical but at the same time the meaning is pretty clear imo.

>inb4 but why is Aladdin white

There are very light-skinned people all over the Middle East, especially in Syria which is home to Damascus, the capital of the Umayyad Caliphate.

Italy is a nation state. arab is not.

>Why are no Arabs cast in the leads for Aladdin?
Despite all their talk of diversity, Disney doesn't want the sets getting ackbared. It costs too much and drives up the insurance. Also, no a*ab audience.

>Arab Republic of Egypt

If I recall it was originally going to be set in Baghdad but they changed it because of the 2nd gulf war

The whole Eastern Mediterranean used to be the center of learning for the whole world. What went wrong?

Mongols and turkroach invaders from the east occupied the Middle East for 700 years and set it back by milestones.

The Ottoman Empire was probably the worst thing to happen to the Middle East.

if you think being arab has anything necessarily to do with being egyptian then you're wrong and should look up what arab means