Highest rated comic book film, you hype?

Highest rated comic book film, you hype?

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/wonder_woman_2017
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Definitely.

It's about time DC got its shit together, and if the hype is justified it means Marvel finally has some actual competition, which can only be a good thing for both of them.

>Highest rated
>7.6/10

But I thought RT matters?

You're a dumb faggot

Nope. Trailers were awful, Gadot was awful in BVS, and the reviews feel like a Ghostbusters reboot situation. I'll watch in on Netflix in a few years maybe.

While Ian not doubting its good, tell me what the raising is when its been out for 2 weeks.

>he's a company loyalist

You said it was going to bomb. You said it was going to be shit. You have been hating this movie since the actress was revealed. But the lasso of truth proved you wrong. Again.

Psyched out of my goddamn mind. I've been dying for a good DC movie since the DC shared universe was confirmed.

>Earnest
For all the massive faults of MoS and BvS, I could never criticize them for not taking themselves utterly seriously. Too seriously in fact.
It's an odd compliment to single out Wonder Woman for being "earnest" as a mark of distinction. I won't even touch on "Gadot's charismatic performance" until I've seen more.

This seems more than a bit "Stunning and Brave", but I'll try to remain optimistic.

I'm glad that Warner Bros somehow by a massive stroke of dumb luck got their shit together after realizing that people didn't like the pretenious horseshit Synder was feeding us.

The bad thing is that this movie is forced to be lump in with BvS and Suicide Squad. Here's hoping that the Flash's movie will be based on Flashpoint and help retcon the pre-Wonder Woman movies out of our memories Days of the Future Past style.

>You said it was going to bomb
still is

I'm not gonna believe them until I see a honest review that won't be trying to go "oh it's so good because it's got a female main character!" like I suspect these ones are doing.

All the cocksucking of RT, both positive and negative need to fuck off to Sup Forums. I only give a fuck on whether it's good and whether I like it.

My hype levels are expecting 90 mins of the critically loved BvS wonder woman, which is to say, wooden generic action shlock. Definitely not seeing it first weekend. Will re evaluate my position next week, when the weight of anons who have actually seen the damm thing is greater than fanboys, counter fanboys and promotional hypebeasts.

Batman v Superman was anything but earnest.

Yeah, as much as I'd like DC movies to be good, I'm getting a bit of a dishonest vibe from the reviews.

>"oh it's so good because it's got a female Director!"
Fix'd.

Nope because no reviews in the world won't stop gal gadot from being a shit tier actress. Won't be seeing this or j-league 1

IT'S ONLY BECAUSE SHE'S A WOMAN

if that shit gets a 97% than this is going to be the first 100% comic book movie

I was cautiously optimistic for this and thought it might be a good watch in spite of Gadot. With all the reviews praising her performance and calling her charismatic I'm actually on edge now and not sure what to expect from it. I'm not sure exactly why, but it's made me a bit worried about how good it really is. I guess it just feels disingenuous when the reasons they say it's good are the same things that seemed like flaws before. It's still the only DCEU movie I'm planning to see in theaters, but I'll rest easier once the majority here have seen it and given their opinions.

>This
>Better than Spider-Man 2
>Better than The Dark Knight
Nah, should be quite obvious to anyone that it is getting shilled because "muh stronk female directed by a womyn xd"
Not saying it is bad since I haven't seen it and people really seem to be enjoying it, but come on, it is most likely "Age of Ultron"-tier at most

I feel like the people who post RT for any cape movie are the same people.

They don't have any cape preference at all, but merely wanna Shitpost for fun with no regard for moderation.

Actually that's too high for me to trust it.
I'd believe 70s or 80s but that close to a perfect score reeks of agendas.

Replace that Marvel hat with a DC hat and you would be accurate.

>Mfw DC friends don't realise If you support this film you're are supporting the innocent murder of muslims.

Not really, but I'll probably pirate it in a year or two.

No thanks.
Do people think this film is even decent?

Nope. Marvel fits perfectly my man

But I do.

Why are MCUcks like this? What the fuck is this shit? How can this shitty board not have dealt with this already?

Good. Hate Muslims. Smelly fuckin faggots. Jews are just as bad but

>But I thought RT matters?

I thought it didn't mattered to DCcucks and that they were paid by disney

But what? WHAT?

>I won't even touch on "Gadot's charismatic performance" until I've seen more.
that had me like this. we are even talking about same actress?

So what are MCUcks going to do with their Evans folders now? No doubt they had the shops.

>why are MCUcks like this?

Because they know how much it bothers you. Learn to not respond to trolls.

Or they know how they can get away with that shit with nobody calling them out.

>f that shit gets a 97% than this is going to be the first 100% comic book movie

nah it has the marvel formula (that DC used on both WW and SS) but never mind

Might have a point but right now it's irrelevant.

y'know, threads like these make me kind of wonder if maybe the site would be better off if we had accounts and names like everyone else because I'm fairly sure a lot of this faggotry is just one guy baiting and arguing with himself.

Marvel had the SJWs tricked thinking they were going to give them a female-lead superhero film if they got good reviews but DC sucker-punched them hard on that front. Future reviews are going to be harsh on Marvel now that their lies have been exposed and Captain Marvel keeps getting delayed indefinitely in favor of CGI Racoon doing poop jokes.

>Gal Gadot
>charismatic performance
How? Did the director go full Kubrick and torture a performance out of her?

Stop. Responding. To trolls.

THANK YOU

Fuck up

>I'm not sure exactly why
Because superhero movies are shit. They can't tell a good story and they can't deliver any serious, profound or interesting moments. All they have is explosions and quips.
Endless quips. Smarmy, stupid, pointless quips in every single scene, specially designed to take any and all seriousness out of what might inadvertently have been a tense or serious situation.
No no, can't have that. God forbid anything is ever played straight, you got to have your sitcom-esque low-quality quipping, lest the audience thinks the movie is actually trying to take superheroes seriously and become uncomfortable.
Without the quips, there would be nervous laughing and worried glances in the movie theatre from people who suddenly find themselves confused and scared by a film that isn't pandering to their low intellect. "Where are the jokes?" one would mumble under his breath.
"This isn't fun, I haven't laughed in ten minutes", another would say, slightly louder.
"I came here to hear Robert Downey Jr. say that funny bit about Thor that he did in the trailer, not to see some stupid story about shit I don't care about" a third would yell as he storms out the exit.
No, thank god for Joss Whedon and thank God for his contribution to the cape movie genre. Without him and his ilk, how would we know that we're only supposed to enjoy these films IRONICALLY.

Black Panther will be the first 100%

I bet youre a fan of 'Fight Club'.

SPBP.

No, but i have tickets for today. Going with my gf.

That's like saying the smartest retard, no I'm not hype.

>assblasted D*sney intern shows up almost instantly to damage control

kek

Word. And all WB executives needed to do was kill Snyder's daughter.

>12 year old gamer tries to push his brand wars here
Ask mommy for a helium tank

I have a feeling that it's simply alright, but I honestly do hope I am wrong.

I'm tired of being let down by the MCU and DCEU. The last one of those that I really loved was Winter Soldier, and even then that was after two really awful movies. All of the DC movies have been bad, with Suicide Squad being one of the worst superhero movies I've ever seen. I'd really like to enjoy a superhero movie again.

Heck yeah Marvelbro! Preach!

>if it gets higher reviews than Marvel then it's fake

Jesus christ

It's fucking obvious that it is.

>Highest rated comic book film
wrong

It's a shame that the DCEU haven't done a good serious movie in quite long time. It's a shame that LOGAN fuck's them up this departament.

Why you cucks are so insecure? Your movies are bad, so somehow there is a conspirator to brainwash people to not like serious movies....when serious movies ARE praised by public and critic later. It's just like a bunch of children crying that things are not fair.

And this my friends, this need for people to share the same opinion as you, is why the DCEUfags of Sup Forums are the worst live action fanbase of the site.

well all the Marvel reviews higher than BvS were fake according to /co

Sorry bro, The Dark Knight and Iron Man are still the kings.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*inhales*

IT KEEPS DROPPING

Its back to 94 again u macnugger

Actually, it went back up.

rottentomatoes.com/m/wonder_woman_2017

The percentage will definetely stay in the 90s and the average score will end up somewhere around 7.5-7.9

Good job guys, you jinx'd it.

only becuase they got rid of based snider

>94%
Just relax on the poop jokes and marlel will have a shot at this kind of scores again. Fuck, maybe even oscars!

DISNEY BUYING NEGATIVE REVIEWS!

Imagine now the state of mind of the marvel shill. Making Evans and Drax memes for weeks, shitposting, HAHAHA threads for a year. Day and night. Look in the archives "hateful rat-faced kike", hundreds of posts, hours upon hours of work for Disney. They are fans of a franchise that can't win oscars of any kind. Imagine that. They need this to fail. All the anticipation, waiting with a smug smile just above his multiple chins scarcely covered by a poorly grown beard directly connected with the hair of his chest and Doritos filled belly. He may be a loser but oh boy, Marvel sure does kick ass on Rotten Tomatoes. Gadot can't act, right? And he didn't like the trailer, he posted those webms over 50 times. Other marvel cucks answered with HAHAHA posts to them. Those mean DCucks were going to get it again.

And the reviews start coming in. The Evans folder PACKED full, teras worth of company war autism. They come in and his world crumbles. The reviews are great. According to the page his emasculated, destroyed by quips mind take for the measure of objective quality, Wonder Woman is better than Guardians of the Galaxy by far. Tears start rolling but he waits. Surely it will go down. Disney shills surely will turn their reviews soon enough. But it doesn't go down, it goes up. It's better than Iron Man, realizes our beloved corporate cuck and he can't handle it. What about that IMBd review saying it was bad because there weren’t quips or 4 movies for set up? That seemed legit, right? This couldn't be happening, the Mouse is in charge here.

He tries to spin it to a feminist conspiracy even though all reviews praise the action, plot and perfomances and Jenkins said she didn't want the movie to be labeled as feminist. What else is he going to do? Admit that the movie is better than the entire MCU? Or that Rotten Tomatoes is unreliable and all those Marvel movies were actually pieces of shit, just like everyone told him over and over? What else is he going to do, Sup Forums?

Will this drop to mid 80s after june 2?

> caring about Oscars when your movies make billions

Wew lad

it's dropping now

Image how booty blasted this guy was who wrote all this

>DCfriends believe Rotten Tomatoes is a reliable, unbiased and objective measurement of movie quality.

typing and reading really aren't all that hard, Sped. You're doing it right now.

I hope the movie is good
it would be great if it is good
by comparison, it should be better than suicide squad by any measurement possible

Bout time DCEU got a good movie.

Congrats to all the DCEU fans, you've deserved this for a long. Hopefully with better DC movies we'll see less hostility from the vocal minority of the otherwise civil DC fanbase on Sup Forums.

Naw, maybe low 90s, but I doubt this high. See, Freshness on Rotten Tomatoes is based on expectations. If you expect something to suck (Wonderwoman) and are instead pleasently surprised then you end up with a ridiculously high score. It's largely why sequels rarely ever outscore the originals (unless the original sucked) and when you're in a movie franchise like the MCU where everything is expected to be good if you're anything less than the best cape flick ever, don't expect much. Aside from arguably being one of the best movies in the MCU, Iron Man has the score it does in part because it blindsided everyone when Cape films were in sharp decline.

That's some sour grapes there friend. Not to rub salt in old wounds, but really no one denies the flaws of the MCU and everyone hopes another good brand will force them to get better through competitiveness and seeing what works in other movies, however the only two successful movies in the DCEU you have to date is one that made mad bank (Skwad) thanks largely of teenage hot topic tweens and one that is critically praised (Wonder Woman) possibly for all the wrong reasons for all we know (but let's not go there). I hope your cinematic universe continues to approve, but the greatest sting will always be knowing that the only two DCEU movies you actually want to like and will still defend as being good (MoS & BvS) were commercial, critical and pop culture disappointments in every way imaginable.

Sure, it's kind of fun to laugh at the DCEU's current state, but there's really no benefit such a mentality in the long run, particularly if DC's continued failure only means more people like you to spew your vitriol hatred and contempt online.

>GOTG VOL 3

>Thor
>anywhere above a 90%
Thor is literally the Booster of the MCU's Turboman.

So what happens when its inevitably just a superhero movie that follows the 'marvel formula' without any overreaching symbolism?

What happens to the companywars then?

Til all are one....

People have already chosen their sides so to speak. Well, the embittered DCEU apologists have already chosen their side. Notice how rather than celebrate the successes of Skwad or Wonder Woman they'd rather still shit on the MCU? It's a loyalty/victim complex driven solely out of exclusiveness, contrarianism and so long as there's an angle to work to the contrary they'll find a way to keep the company wars going.

I'm not saying their aren't fanboys of the MCU or there aren't people who don't prefer the MCU, but if it wasn't for pathetic constant threads trying to validate and justify the train wrecks that are Man of Steel and Batman Vs Superman there wouldn't be half the memes or reactionary animus towards the under-performance of the DCEU. People like good movies, no one is a MCU fan because it's Marvel, if the movies aren't enjoyable people aren't going to like them, ergo why most people dislike the Iron Man sequels and Thor movies. No one tries to defend Iron Man 2 as a work of art or deep symbolism or call it the next blade runner to earn its due some day. Everyone sees it for what it is, even those who like it can admit they understand why others don't. This is normal. This is how normal healthy people function.

What isn't normal is the people who can't accept that 100% of all humans on the planet don't think MoS and BvS are the greatest cape films ever and feel the need to create constant threads shitposting about how great they are and getting into petty pissing matches with anyone foolish enough to exercise the smallest modicum of critical thinking skills. These childish individuals who use increasingly hypocritical and convoluted mental gymnastics and logical fallacies to vindicate their butthurt.

>Wonder Woman in modern day is an antiquities dealer who works in museums

They are literally setting her up to fight Cheetah in the next movie.

(con't)

Same with comics, literally no one is defending Marvel's comic bullshit right now, sure many still find the gems that exist amidst this tumultuous time and those who refuse to admit everything Marvel is doing right now is awful might be viewed by extremists as appologists of the brand, but even hardcore Marvel fans don't feel the compulsion to defend their favorite brand for doing stupid things. In contrast to this, from start to finish there were legions of insecure apologists defending the Nu52 in every way shape and form often preferring to bash anything Marvel related rather than laud anything good about their comics.

I don't care that it's higher than Marvel, I care that it's a near perfect score. NO cape movie should get a near perfect score.

This is Ghostbusters all over again.

>Ghostbusters
but its ok when DC does it

> I KNOW HIM FROM WORK LOLOL :DD

But is it politically motivated?

back to Sup Forums faggot

Probably, but we're going to pretend it isn't because DCEU really needs the win.

Jesus if the DCEU can finally prop up Cheetah like she deserves it'll be the best thing to ever happen to DC

The would totally use the guy who did Croc's make-up.

>94% now

Is it happening? Are people realizing it's a just okay film?

unironically this

all movies will trend toward average with more and more reviews, that's literally just how numbers work

This. It's probably a decent movie, but not fantastic. SJW critics are just hyping it up because "Hur dur wymon too" or some bullshit. Sup Forums wont give a fuck because 1. it's still probably the best DCEU movie by a huge margin 2. Wondy finally gets a movie she deserves 3. Snyder gets BTFO and might GTFO and 4. the chances of having a good DC cinematic universe aren't completely flushed down the toilet.