Protagonist and antagonist

>Protagonist and antagonist
>None of them are bad or evil
>There is no misundertanding, They know each other intentions
>Both of them are looking the best for the galaxy, not just their people

There is a Sup Forums related series or comic that uses this trope. I haven't seen something similar in western animation.
Pic related

>no evil villain

What a faggoty-ass show.

>Le epic good vs le epic villain
That's the reason western heroes are boring senpai

Reinhardt is the protagonist
Yang is a deuteragonist.

And the show/books clearly had evil people like corrupt politicians, terrorists and brainwashing religious cults. Those are the antagonists. Did you even watch the fucking show?

You can't seriously be this much of an elitist pansy, OP

Ever since WW2 stories have mainly been good versus evil, so it's quite rare to find a story that is morally grey. Especially in an era where there's more focus on series with no overarching plot and a culture with a belief that cartoon and comics are for children.

I suppose the best example would be Exosquad since each side wanted what was best for their species. Though one side was more evil than the other.

Someone's forgotten Westerland . . .

The Legend of Korra, except it pretends that Korra's enemies are more evil than they so she doesn't look bad when she beats them up.

My friend wanks over this show so goddamn much

Watched the first two movies. They're good, but it does the whole "EVERYONE ELSE IS DUMB EXCEPT THE MCs" and it comes off as forced and contrived

Yes, but the thing is that the main protagonists are not evil per se. Normally you see the good vs the bad. In this show you see two good people figthing for what they believe is right without a misundertanding or a higher power forcing them

>Both of them are looking the best for the galaxy

What?

Yang is just a man doing his job and just so happens to like democracy. He doesn't really have any delusions about what's best for humanity as a whole. Shit, he doesn't even have his own life together.

Reinhard was always in it for him own ambitions. Sure, he reformed the system, but he did it for personal reasons and never really cared about what was best for humanity as a whole.

Really, it was mostly about these personalities simply living in their fleeting material circumstances as individuals. They're just another page in history.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day

>watching the movies
But the series is what everybody raves over. The only good part of the movies is Bolero.

Needs Char in there for maximum bait.

>They're good, but it does the whole "EVERYONE ELSE IS DUMB EXCEPT THE MCs" and it comes off as forced and contrived
No, not everyone, just the currrent brass and even then not all of them, Merkatz and Bucock stand out, the idea is that the war has been a stalemate for so long incompetence has festered throughout both commands, by episode thirty or so all of them are dead though so there are some actual battles.

Nigga Reinhard isn't even fucking close to Griffith in any capacity outside of some extremely passing visual similarities, get the fuck out of here.

>Yang specifically makes certain choices because of how others would act if he didn't.
>Reinhard also makes certain decisions because he knows how shit the old system was and wants to make a better on for people.

Aeonflux

5 cents have been deposited into your Neue Reichsbank account

WESTERLAND NEVER FORGET

Exactly, Yang is really acting in his own individual circumstance based on the people and events around him as opposed to some ideology of what's good for all mankind.

Reinhard is only interested in reforming the old system because it screwed him over. He's not really guided by any altruistic vision of what's good for mankind and tends to treat the state like it was his personal property. He's not a tyrant, sure, but the reason why he wants to conquer is because he wants to do it, not because he feels its good for mankind. Symbolically, we see he doesn't even have much to live for once the wars are over.

The comic or the series
How is similar to LotGH?

It's more oberstein fault.

He got fucking manipulated into doing that though and showed extreme regret about it, with it haunting him to the end of the show. Do you honestly think that fucking GRIFFITH would have even given a shit?

Why didn't the FPA just shoot Iserlohn in its thermal exhaust port?

>WESTERLAND
>Implying Reinhard ordered the nuke attack
>Implying oberstein didn't tell Reinhard all the truth about the attack
The only mistake Reinhard did was no firing oberstein

Hey fuck you user, the Iliad was a great story

Japan audience isn't that dumb and the writer wasn't a hack

The anime is similar to the novels. Though they have more characters in the anime so the narrator doesn't have to explain everything.

Try to saw it as a kid when aired on MTV. I didn't understand a fuck. Maybe is time to give it another chance

>OP with a bunch of eighties anime people and a title in moon speak
>don't actually say the name of the show anywhere in your post
This is Sup Forums, not Sup Forums. You gotta throw a bone here.

hownew.ru

Legend of the Galactic Heroes, you faggot.

Bumbping.
Seriusly, there is no equivalent for LotGH?

For the most part I try to avoid anime like a plague, but this one looked familiar and I wanted to know the name.

It's a good series, so I recommend watching it.

What about the Earth cult?

What about them?

I forgot how gruesome this show can be

Fuck off, Sup Forums.

Steven Universe

Yeah I'm powering through the books and the show but everyone being but the MC and secondary characters being almost retarded levels of stupid gets really repetitive also what's with Japs and the WAR IS BAD in all their shit that basically the foundation of Gundam

They lost a war really hard.

What's wrong with war being bad?

People die in war. That's bad.

Are you some kind of edgelord?

Rose was pretty evil senpai

>what's with Japs and the WAR IS BAD
Because it fucking is, you numbskull.

War is a prety good way to waste resources and create big goverments.

War doesn't create big governments. If anything it makes governments smaller due to all the people they send to fight in the war.

>but everyone being but the MC and secondary characters being almost retarded levels of stupid gets really repetitive
Whatever you do, don't read up on the commanders of recent battles.

Because war is bad.

No im against war but the level of WAR IS BAD being shoved in your face gets really old I get the message war all in all is fucking terrible and a massive waste

Why how bad does it get?

Have a (you)

Start with battles you know and the generals you know that fought in them, these are your "MCs" by the fifth battle you'll see why the comparison is apt, Maybe start with Dunkirk or Gallipoli but the thirty years war and onward is what I consider "modern warfare" and boy are there some fuck ups.

I just watched it recently, when you get to the full 30 minute episodes it becomes a clusterfuck of what the fuck just happened, especially after episode 12. Doesn't help that the music was done by the same guy and at the same time as Rugrats, it really sounds so similar.

Mtv and nick are practically the same shit

In the book, he wasn't manipulated into it.
Oberstein just proposed the plan and he was game.
The first time he showed any regret was when Kircheis goaded him over it.

I don't think it is particularly elitist to allow your medium to explore different narrative structures without a knee jerk reaction.

Unsounded.

Well, keep in mind the first two movies show the empire and the alliance at the end of an era, where stagnation, nepotism, aristocracy and incompetence are rampant.

The whole work is about history. Think of the parts (including the movies) as an expy for something like the fall of Rome, with what comes after being the focal point of the rest of the work.

The way Oberstein saw it, it was preemptive damage control - at a high enough level of power and responsibility sometimes idealism has to take a backseat to pragmatist, and it was more about letting an actual asshole go ahead with his madness and show his true colors than doing the deed themselves.

Plus, if it hadn't happened, Reinhard wouldn't have had Hildegard pity bang him, and the empire would have lost their emperor with no heir.

Honestly, does Oberstein's foresight know no bounds?

>That fucking pic
That scene fits so well with oberstein character that almost feel like it sould be part of the anime

Westerland was neccesary, because westerland PTSD triggered Reinhard to finally fug Mariendorf

In my country's history there was a huge battle we lost because the commander read letters in the wrong order and sent forces to the wrong place. Of course they don't teach this in school.

Congrats on being right for two minutes out of a 24 hour day.

War IS bad user. Do you disagree?