Rewatching BB

>rewatching BB
>so autistic, that I didn't even realize how awkward Walter's pep talk speech was after the plane crash
>it seemed like a percely normal and fine thing for someone to say

Anyone else ever have their autism make you completely miss what a scene was trying to do?

honestly that talk would mentally help me if plane crashed into my neighborhood
10/10 speech, audience were idiots

We needed more gratuitous cleavage and ass shots of the principal on the left. For science.

Dude shut up with the autism shit.

On my first watch of The Sopranos I missed nearly every joke.

I guess I expected a purely dark drama, but on my second watch all the jokes came to me.

I didn't get why he was supposed to be in the wrong. It's not like he wasn't also struggling with it too. I just thought that his shitty speech was a sign that he was still trying to cope.

I honestly think Walter has Aspergers and anyone that thinks his speech was appropriate is on the spectrum to

Because he was putting his real, actual emotions about his cancer into a hypocritical, lying speech and that's what put people off. If he said that same speech strongly, with confidence, and meant what he said, people would have responded better.

Remember, it's not what you say, but how you say it. Being autists, this may be a hard concept for most of you to grasp.

That's not at all the point you autist

>when Walt try's to kiss her

I mean I get it, nigga is dying and he had to see that hot piece of ass all the time and it was always out of reach. When you will not be alive in the next few years, why not give it a try (as fucking cringy and awkward as it was)

I think she shoulda pitty fucked Him right there

Yeah...
I'm with

I have a theory on the plane crash.
It happens because of Jesse's girl's death right?
She and Jesse just become junkies and they overdose. Walt watches her die. Jesse is sleeping.
Her father works at the airport and his anguish/stress during mourning causes the crash.

So hear me out: the victims of the crash represent the victims of Walter White's drugs. All the poor fucks who get hooked on meth and die.
The show never seems to mention how horrible Meth addiction is directly. It follows only Walter's point of view, and we never get a big pan shot of the street of some poor suburbia, with sad music playing, and drugged hobos shaking on the sidewalk.
We only see Jesse and the girl abusing the substance and their addiction getting worse and worse.

The girl's death and the plane passengers' death is one same event with one same culprit.
Walter watching her die, knowing she is going to die, represents him knowing exactly the dangerous effects of his drugs. He just doesn't understand the sheer scale, and gets upset once the plane crash is revealed.
In the meanwhile, Jesse is asleep. He is more far removed, less conscious and less aware of the death their stuff causes, because he's more young, naive and stupid.

So all that speech, and all the season's climax, is Walter coming to terms with the fact that NOT ONLY he is a criminal in his personal life, hurting those few friends and family around him. He is in fact a mass murderer, ruining hundreds of lives.

It's a lot of words but I don't even think it's a big stretch.
The plane crashes because Walt watches a victim of his drugs die and doesn't care.

She was definitely sending some mixed signals too.

She was straight up hitting on him earlier in the series IIRC

Sperg detected.

You're misremembering.
Walt misinterpreted kindness and pity.

This is literally the point every viewer is supposed to come away with

I never thought he was to blame I just thought it was supposed to be something which showed his actions were having unforeseen consequences and he was realising it himself.

I still don't think he said anything wrong. That one faggot kid was talking about legs in his lawn. Walt was giving people the big picture. Need more people like him in real life. Teacher Walt not meth cook Walt.

It was a pretty sperg worthy speech

He totally misread the room

Okay. It's been a while

JESSIE I JUST WANT TO TALK

>his drugs
He wasn't involved in the manufacture and distribution of heroin, only crystal meth.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Breaking Bad. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical chemistry, most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Walt's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization. His personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance.

The fans understand this very well, as they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes. To realize that they're not just funny, they say something deep about life.
As a consequence, people who dislike Breaking Bad truly are idiots. Of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humor in Walt's existential catchphrase "I am the one who knocks," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. LOL I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those uncouth simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Vince Gilligan's genius unfolds itself onto their television screens. What fools, how I pity them

>For science
you have to go back

The point was he was distracted as fuck and hyped up on his just burgeoning power/ability to effect the world that he didn't have before

>series is a decade old

Jesus

the end of season 2 was when the show went off the rails.

The plane crash was pointless and stupid and was never mentioned again.

Fuck

Thank you for this, user.

I'm going to agree with

He was also the smartest character on the show.