Reminder

reminder

im gay

So which cartoon is it?

All.

Yeah, but what's the source.

Seems like a shitty excuse to try and avoid criticism when you fucked up your own story.

It's a cartoon for small kids you stupid manchildren

not all cartoons are for little babies

It really depends. Are you trying to weave some consistent narrative? Then try and pay attention to your continuity.
Are you telling a looney tunes, resets every episode show? Who cares, go nuts.
The medium itself shouldn't mean you get a pass for not trying, but it all depends on what you're supposed to be making.

>"It was either done on purpose..."
Is this the "I ironically fucked up" excuse?

>The mantra of the new PPG development team

H*R

No the show is based on dead kids

That's a healthy aproach to take, people shouldn't freak out about cartoons, unfortunately that sort of excuse is oftenly used as a free pass for the lazy, that they can get away with anything becouse "Its just a cartoon, brah!", and yeah, its just a cartoon, but you still made a mistake, what's so wrong with pointing it out?

how many times to people actually point out plot inconsistencies in Looney Tunes? The most you're going to see is DEEPEST LORE memers

Hi gay, I'm dad.

>deliver shoddy work
>make up excuses

What a manchild

I'd agree with this. Sometimes people tend to dwell on a minor error that's hardly noticeable. But if your shows packed to the brim with errors, then you can't just brush off criticism. That's just laziness.

In episode 2F09, when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib twice in succession, yet produces two clearly different tones.

Are we to believe this is some sort of, magic xylophone or something?

Boy, I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder!

Good job proving the point you mongoloid.

>when your work is so worthless you can just joke away your blunders

This still bothers me, when the threads first started I couldn't even make out the pencil lines until someone pointed it out.

It was obviously an accident.

wait it bothers you that people are mad about this?

Most western cartoons aren't continuity driven though. The vast majority are just episodic cartoons thats sole aim and purpose is to be comedic.

I'd understand if it's something like Steven Universe or Mystery Incorporated where the story and continuity is front and center but if you're upset because in Courage the Cowardly Dog Eustice and Muriel turned to puppets in one episode and are back to normal in the other or how Tom and Jerry can be found amidst 1800's when the show usually took place in the 50's/60's you are probably autistic.

>but if you're upset because in Courage the Cowardly Dog Eustice and Muriel turned to puppets in one episode and are back to normal in the other or how Tom and Jerry can be found amidst 1800's when the show usually took place in the 50's/60's

name one time this happened

different user, simple, the tom and jerry i think he is referencing is the musketeer one which is from the 1700s, aka The Two Mousketeers. The courage one is from the end of the courage story, the great fusili. arguably one of the most well known courage stories.

No I mean name one time someone complained about continuity in something like Tom and Jerry

I still wonder how the guy on MST3K eats and breathes, and other science facts

Yeah, how does the chute work if the arth turns around under the SOL??

Sure, not everything needs to be explained or have a clear answer, but by the same token, not every story is a light-hearted comedy that doesnt need to have some kind of logic behind it, this whole argument only works if every cartoon is Tom & Jerry and every "Error" is just a visual gag an autist blow out of proportion

What im saying is that this argument is pic related

>Phil Bourassa
based DC friend.

Thats due to the white balance of the cameras, in person its extremely easy to see even minute details on walls like that.

That's what I mean though. That you don't see people arguing Looney Tunes plot, because they know they're there for nonsequitors and a premise that begins and ends with the skit it's it.

If it affects the stories narrative or themes than yeah, I think it's fair criticism.

If it's something like "Bob mentioned in one episode that he didn't like strawberries then in a later episode he ate a strawberry" when the actual plot is a space opera about ice-skating alien ninja's with no focus on culinary whatsoever, then no, that's really not worth more than a mention in the trivia section of the shows wiki.

oh so you're retarded. because that wasn't what he was saying at all.

Yeah the line between legitimate criticism and mindless pedantry can be a vague one, but most of the time it's blindingly obvious.

Like when Neal DeGrasse Tyson talks about all that's scientifically wrong about a movie. It doesn't fucking matter. Where the stars are or some shit isn't the point of the movie. It can certainly be a problem, if it is inconsistent and muddles the movie in someway. But mostly, no it's not even a problem.

This was from Homestar Runner, user.

it depends on the severity

Why is the western animation industry always trying to lower the bar for what's supposed to be good?

It's pathetic.

>>but if you're upset because in Courage the Cowardly Dog Eustice and Muriel turned to puppets in one episode and are back to normal in the other or how Tom and Jerry can be found amidst 1800's when the show usually took place in the 50's/60's

what was he saying then