Why telepaths can never do anything actually usefull in a critical situation?

Why telepaths can never do anything actually usefull in a critical situation?
They only ever grab their heads and go AAGHRR.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K956y2om92I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just once I would like to see a telepath scream AAGHRR while grabbing their crotch. No explanation given.

This thread made me laugh OP

Why does Joker look like a fucking tranny?

I am going to post some Emma stuff I have, just because

They're great for exposition.
Or even better: NNAAAARRG

Because if the telepath hero tells a villain "go to the police and turn youself in", and it works, that would be a very short and boring episode. All common sense goes out the window if it would stop the story dead in its tracks.
There must be a fight. Either something is preventing mind control entirely and must be dealt with first, or the mind control itself is a gradual process which the target can resist. If the main focus of the story is telepathy, this process may be represented visually, like the X-Men comic that inspired the concept of Stands in JJBA.
Sometimes in teams of heroes the telepath is neutralized in some way as soon as possible. This is true of story-breaking powers in general. We can only assume the confrontations resolved effortlessly are not the ones we see.

Well there was that time in DCAU Justice League where MM literally mindrapes a Thanagarian. He fucked him up so badly that the next time we saw him he was retarded.

>hasn't read LoSH
Saturn Girl is the best telepath character. Seriously, she's more or less the answer to every complaint Sup Forums ever has about telepaths.

Because americans want the hero winning the battle to be a musclechad who punches his way to the solution -you'll notice in most teams, the leader is usually that way, captain american, supes, bats- as opposed to a brain-power guy.

Because you're reading shit comics with writers who can't write their way around a telepath being OP in a particular confrontation.

That's unimaginative. You could put the telepath somewhere else during that conflict, you could have an adversary too fast for the telepath to react to, you could build up an internal conflict that handicaps/distracts the telepath, you could populate your fictional world with many telepaths and use that to justify the presence of anti-telepathy defensives (like magneto's helmet, or another telepath on the opposite team), you could limit the telepathic powers (only languages understood by the telepath, only beings of the same species, certain minds are too strong to fuck with). I mean, anything.

Big two suck btw

>DUDE the joker's mind is so frikken WARPED that if anyone were to look inside they would immediately go absolutely INSANE!!!!111!
I fucking hate the joker and any run that includes him is immediately thrown in the trash.

Emma x Scott a cute.

Literally all Martian manhunter would do in the justice league cartoon is do his annoying ass fucking AUUYYGGGHHHG scream. Like fuck man chill

>nobody has posted this

youtube.com/watch?v=K956y2om92I

>go to the police
Telepathy is talking to people in their minds not mind control you dumbass.

A telepath could just play high pitch sounds in the villain's head to make them too distracted to fight.

Its probably a cue to stupid kids that he is using his powers.

Legion the show is probably one of the best adaptations of comic telepathy I've ever seen. They were actually really creative with it.

honestly stuff like this is why if I ever made a superhero universe I'd establish from the start(or at least as soon as it'd be relevant) that Telepathy isn't possible, or at least any telepathy of the mind reading or mind control varieties, just causes too many headaches otherwise

because the power is broken otherwise

He'd also never remember his ability to phase through things until the plot demanded it. Like the final battle with Lex Luthor where he's held in tentacles until everyone else gets taken out. THEN he shouts "no" and finally uses the phasing ability that could have protected him in the first place.

Why wouldn't the Joker look like a fucking tranny?

I have a theory that Martian Manhunter grabbing his head and going "AAAARRRGGGHHH" at the beginning of every fight in the animated Justice League show is why he has been demoted, probably permanently, to a D-list character. If the writers hadn't been lazy and had come up with ways to challenge him without making him job then he might still be on the team.

in injustice 2 he became a literal transformist.

Martian Manhunter is easily one of the mightiest DC Heroes, a true powerhouse that could put down most enemies of the League with only a fraction of his true might.
I think he's second only to Superman, and only because without kryptonite around Superman is basically a god.

Let's be completely honest here

JLI showed that J'onn is at his best in jobber and comical teams. It's just who he is.

Yeah but this works against him because if makes him too similar to Superman in terms of power and role on the team, and it also puts him at risk of upstaging more popular heroes.

As a character, he is kind of hard to figure out what to do with. He would really work best as a character in his own solo series, but he isn't popular enough to carry a series by himself. He's also too powerful to be on a team where he might steal the limelight from bigger names. So what ends up happening is that they either have him on an A-list team like Justice League where he does nothing but job, or they put him on a C-list team no one has heard of where he fills the role of discount Superman.

If it were up to me, I'd put him in a solo series that dials down his flying brick powers while playing up his telepathy and shapeshifting. But I don't see such a series ever selling enough copies to be worth it, even if it's done well.

This is a MM screaming thread?