Good evening owls,

hi

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/spacetwinks/status/869908632804237312
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sorry, ESO won the other night, lol

this is as amazing as you'd expect it to be

Hello, Storyteller.

I'm not sure I'm terribly comfortable with the board being all Wondy all the time right now, but such is life.

That middle panel is amazing. Can't stick around tonight but hey OP.

NOBODY CARES FAGGOT OP, STOP THE STORYTIME AND STOP THIS THREAD.

I went to my LCS today and said "IDC about movies but I'm glad it's good so it's less Discourse"

HOOT HOOT

The owls are not what they seem

never are

so what have been the highlights of today

I didn't miss any storytimes, right? This is the first since last week/you missed Sunday?

I really do hope the movie is good. My soul can't take that sheer level of shitposting.

Also, the annual was pretty good. It's funny how now that there's a feature film coming out, now DC focuses on how she's supposed to be nice. I see how it is, you fucks.

I totally missed Sunday

due to ESO

This is just making me think how Not Muh TV Thrasher is going to be.

I was happy to see Hal and Barry hanging out again

Lazarus Contract finale was pretty meh but I'm looking forward to Slade's new team

ugh, i know, right? why that version of NW, I have no clue

I wanted him back, this is the price. RIP.

So anyone here familiar with academics works of comics? After searching a bit I picked up "Critical approaches to comics" which is collection of short form analysation essays. I would recommend the book as an introduction to comics analyzing but at the same time I'm looking for something more advanced. If you guys know of anything recommend me.

whaaaa

I can't stick around today because I'm off to watch a film I've been told is just wonderful

>Night Thrasher
>no skateboard
Dropped. This feels like yet another instance of being ashamed of the genre.

Superheroes are an inherently absurd concept to begin with. Just embrace it.

No idea.
Still like... three weeks behind?

I'm shit at reading the weeklies now.

ha!

>Lazarus Contract finale was pretty meh but I'm looking forward to Slade's new team
Wallyfags reeing over it was the only good thing about that comic but I'm glad it's out of the fucking way, just let Priest do his job without interrupting.

The finale wasn't very good, but was funny, and re-affirmed that Priest doesn't like the idea of Robin (much to the dismay of damifag, who really shit that thread up)

I'm so behind too

>and re-affirmed that Priest doesn't like the idea of Robin (much to the dismay of damifag, who really shit that thread up)
all the Damian fans I know are pretty pissed about that, lol

EVS can't be punished enough for forcing Barry back to life.

I wish I was in the timeline where Bart-Flash recovered from a rocky start and had a run of healthy length.

hah!

One insufferable dude made a 75+ angry tweet thread about Seekrit Empire which, it was observed, is tantamount to free ads for it

To be fair McDuffie eviscerated the concept way back in his fake pitch letter. I can see why sincere Night Thrasher is not the guy you want on the screen, and you can look at the skateboard and trust fund and escrima sticks and decide he's a show off. After all, it has a goddamn pop out knife he tries to kill the Punisher with fuck all tv plebs.

>I wish I was in the timeline where Bart-Flash recovered from a rocky start and had a run of healthy length.
Same.

SPEAKING of Frank, SE reminded me of the best black comedy page of Millar's CW

It was just fucking terrible use if Damian. He was literally willing the plot to move in all directions by his edgy shenanigans, a plot device if you will. And I'm not even biggest of Damian fan to get triggered but outside of Tomasi and Seeley, nobody at current DC should write him.

>75+ angry tweet thread
man that's some dedication

Trinity hosts a special guest, doomed to suffer, never to rest. Despite a Rebirth, Blood's fated again, to contain the demon, Etrigan.

>nobody at current DC should write him.

I 100% agree with this part of your statement.

In which Mr. Spacetwinks also appears surprised to discover that G.I. Joe's COBRA was based on HYDRA

> aye papi

inb4 america shitposting

UHOH

Honestly I have no idea and you make me aware of my own ignorance. All my input in comics comes from trying to consider the page and my own PoV.

Feels like a lot of film and art criticism applies to the comics medium but I'm shamefully unaware of what's specific to it. I listen to some stuff that dips academic, that's about it.

Welcome to OP Is A Faggot, where OP is a faggot
Linkara's gonna show you all how OP os a faggot
OP is a faggot
OP is a faggot
OP is the biggest faggot
that the world has seen
OP! You're a faggot, so you should really kill yourself
OP! Hermaphrodite girls gonna plow him in the ass.
OP! Rape, Futa, BBC and Cuck.
OP! Assfull! Of! Cum!
OOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPP!

Well, Hydra and Conservative mouthpieces like William F. Buckley.

When will the media stop supporting fascism???

See, this doesn't work because I've never watched anything Linkara in my life

Did you see Illuminating Comics today?

that's wonderful

I would agree with this argument if I were on the Jury.

Fry, Bishop, fry.

Hold on, people are surprised by that? How is that not blatantly obvious?

Next you'll be telling me that GI-Joe is based on S.H.I.E.L.D as well. Pfft!

Yes, it's domestic violence from his soulmate, the skateboard.

I love this comic.

>I listen to some stuff that dips academic, that's about it.
What would that be? And honestly if you're not into this stuff, it's not particularly something you need to read or even know about. I'm actually thinking of writing about comics in the future so these things have my curiosity.

just make an imgur upload or something next time, don't post in a storytime

OT: I watched Mishima, OP, it pretty profoundly affected me and I listened to the score nonstop for several days

On topic: I only read Wondie Annual today so I don't got much to talk about

naw, it's fine

Its really clear at this point the rest of the Titans need a bump up to deal with JL-tier threats or Wally just needs to leave the team. There's too big a power/tier difference right now

Yeah, it does that. The score is an amazing use of a few motifs, developed.

there's the pedal point as theme, and some harmonic patterns

Hey, don't post in a storytime. It interrupts the flow of the comic. Storytimes are meant to be one person mechanically posting an entire series with no discussion or input from either the poster or the readers.

not creepy! not!

I've enjoyed the Twin Peaks return so far, but really want Good Old Coop back

That was some weird anger in that one New 52 Wondie storytime

Hey, s/he might be new. It took me a while to realize that OP was okay with images in the JSA threads

They used to all be pretty JL tier, what with Dick and Donna both having been there, and Garth being a goddamn wizard.

Hilariously anti-bumping-your-own-thread measures prevent this kind of thing unless you start off with a phonepost.

O___O

a-are we

More like Brad the senior mortisexual.

oh shit

Goths! haven't changed since I was in junior high, bless 'em

Hey Tex. So about the annual. I'd say it was 3/4, the weak link being the samurai one.

But also, I saw someone say that it's starting to seem like DC is infantilizing Diana. And honestly, I can see that a little. She can be cute while still acting like a grown woman.

Yeah, but the autistic vitriol to any kind of images in a storytime really kills my enjoyment of them most of the time.

If you're that obsessed with the fucking 'reading experience' just download the fucking cbr and read by yourself.
I get it if we're talking about a marathon storytime and image limit is a thing, but how fucking hard is it to declick an image in a single issue (or 4 like hereabouts)?

>GAWD MAWM YOU'RE RUINING MY LIFE GET OUT OF MY ROOM

if anyone is brave enough to actually read that 75+ tweet thread, please report back so we can make sure you're okay

Ah,"being yourself". A process that invariably requires like 2 hours of disguise work.

I'm just going to assume that censored 6 letter word was Nigger, because I think that'd be the funniest, contextually.

Twitter is cancer, and I'm not going to subject myself to that rancid whoreshit unless it pertains to a creative type that I follow giving an update on their output.

link?

I think she only really acts at all naive or childish in Year One, which is appropriate to me because she's young, she's spent her whole life on an island, and in the modern-day set Rebirth issues she definitely acts more mature and serious

>Nothing sexy about Death

Explain the Thanos/Deadpool love triangle then, dummy.

I love that you can say 'fuck' in Young Animal comics

So, how about those Runaways teasers? The most amusing and best take I've seen on it is that each of them represents a different lifestyle kink.

I mean, "the direct market is a broken way of doing business" is what I see RN and that's hard to argue with. I don't think I can bear to filter through all this Nazi shit.

twitter.com/spacetwinks/status/869908632804237312

>Injustice.png

I tend to agree with "the direct market has huge problems" and yet I have to go 'lol' at Mr. I Have All The Solutions, No I've Never Worked In Comics. Ragebutton is the manga/Euro Duck comics comparisons, that's KYS stupid/lazy stuff.

>the horrible awareness that nobody else is interested in you, yourself

I will never get over the fact that Thanos' entire deal is that he wants Death-senpai to notice him.

I've never read Runaways, and thus have no investment in them whatsoever.

They went to a dark fucking place including Molly then.

This dude should just make a fucking wordpress, but I guess that doesn't get as many backpatting "guys this thread i cri everytim" retweets

With the hat, she is clearly a furry