PotC 5

I just watched this and wtf was up with the post-credits scene? Is Davy Jones alive?

His daughter. She wants revenge.

yag

is this series kino? looks fun as hell from the trailers

SBARRO

Overall pretty good. Episode 4 and 5 only suffer because 2 and 3 connect into a huge grandiose two-parter that 4 and 5 don't scale up to.

Yeah they're pretty good if you don't treat them too seriously.

Order of greatness goes 2 > 1 > 3 > 5 > 4, btw

Curse of the Black Pearl is still the best one, and of the original three parts it's the only one that can stand on its own as a complete story.

It opens great with Jack Sparrow stepping off onto a pier from a sinking ship and pretty much runs downhill from there.

Sbarro

Yeah, but Davy Jones just kicks Barbossa's ass as a compelling and interesting villain, plus the atmosphere and mood of DMC is much more broodier, which adds a kind of...comfort? I guess?

Good teamwork lads

The first one is genuinely a fantastic film, the rest in theory should be good but they're just too over the top and marred by poor writing.

1. great
2. good
3. fun
4. mediocre
5. ok i guess

i watched this months ago.
did it seems to anyone else that john depp
didn't into his pirate roll very well? like he was tired or something? did something bad happen to him?

Upon reconsideration,

2 1 > 3 > 5 > 4

Though the end battle near the end kind of makes me want to shift 3 up.

You know exactly what happened.

His accent was off.

1. Great
2. Fine
3. Fine
4. Utter trash
5. Bad

You better start believing in shit threads. You're in one

He cynically made another movie for the cash to support his expensive lifestyle knowing full well that the series was far past its prime

There are just too many memorable moments from the first compared to the rest that don't amount to over the top action sequences.

>You best start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner.
>But... why is all the rum gone?
>You are without a doubt the worst pirate I've ever heard of.

1. Classic
2. Great
3. Fun
4. Whatever
5.Same as 4

>the series was far past its prime
But it seems they're priming for at least one more, given that after scene. But it's making me really wonder, in terms of sea lore, what could possibly top the Poseidon's Trident? Seems like the ultimate be-all end-all artifact, and they just fucking broke it.

2 and 3 are pure Verbinski-kino

JAG

I went in expecting fucking garbage and found it sort of fun up until the last action scene. Better than 4 & 3

1 and 2 are honestly some of the best adventure movies ever
3 made the mistake of making depp too loony and having a convoluted plot
4 was SHIT
5 tried to do 4 better but was meh

I think it's possible to make more movies but they need to take depp out of the spotlight. i think that's one of the things that ruined the series- the pirates are supposed to be bad/neutral, and one of the great things about the first movie is that cap jack sparrow is untrustworthy and obviously out for his own gain. he's pretty much a gag character now and the movies have lost any sense of realness or threat to them

Pirates 3 was one of the most boring movies I have ever watched

I just didn't feel any sort of magical chemistry between any of the actors. it's like they all were there to get paid, and not have fun. make lifelong friends. almost like there was an unseen force cracking a whip on their backs at all times.

the last two films in this series felt like this, to me.

3 was boring for the most part besides the battle at the end

I bet you're a faggot incapable of appreciating good business.

In the third they have the goddess of the sea, the trident is nothing. For the sixth they can just come up with another mcguffin.

>the trident is nothing
Well I don't know. It only broke every sea curse, so we're told. Pretty much every movie revolved around a curse of some sort, and now there's none.

The scene where they steal the Interceptor is probably my favorite in any adventure flick.

when we getting HOOK?

You said nothing can top that, but I think a god is still on a higher tier.
But seriously, it doesn't matter. PotC5 already has some continuity issue (I don't remember now, but I noticed while watching), so they'll come up with something anyway.

If they actually were to embrace the Greek mythology they could do more with it, as Greek mythology is interesting like that. Poseidon is one of the main Greek gods, but there are actually so called "primordial gods" the Greeks believed in who were higher even than that such as Oceanus and Uranus, who are like the gods of the gods (and often literally the parents of certain main gods like Zeus

>You said nothing can top that, but I think a god is still on a higher tier.
Calypso is A god, but it's implicit that the Trident of Poseidon belonged to, well, Poseidon, a greater god, and now it's broken.

I mean, I suppose they could go over the top and for one last and final movie go the whole pure gods route, as would suggest, but then beyond that, there's absolutely nothing (not that it should continue, or have continued for that matter)

So youre telling me they could just take over living bodies and live normal lives this whole time

Atlantis. I'm calling it now, Pirates 6 will include Atlantis.

the whole trident of poseidon thing was so fucking retarded
why was poseidon's trident just stuck on a rock underwater? why would poseidon make an island of glowing rocks above it? what's the purpose of something looking like a constellation that automatically opens the sea when you put pack a chunk of rock on it? how would poseidon's trident be the key to all curses and yet break by a measly sword? you'd think a god would put a lot more effort into his treasure

I enjoyed pirates 1 alot 2 less 3 I didn't bother going to the theater to watch. I enjoy big movies sometimes but 3 just fucking sucked. Fell asleep during 4 at home and didn't bother going back to finish. Enjoyed 5 until the last action scene.

>yagsbarro

Reminds me of some good old fashioned Mortdecai posting.

Yagsbarro?